SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

Comments

• RobDMBRobDMB Members Posts: 383 ✭✭
    Is it anticipated that the Red/Black line of balls will remain unchanged for 2019? I know they were just updated last year. Thanks.
    Ping Anser 9.5* Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Wood
    Ping i20 Hybrid
    Srixon Z765 4-AW Modus 125X
    Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant
  • Snell GolfSnell Golf Sponsors Posts: 537 ✭✭
    RobDMB wrote:

Is it anticipated that the Red/Black line of balls will remain unchanged for 2019? I know they were just updated last year. Thanks.
    We have been working on some new things that we hope to announce to everyone in the next week or two...its all been based off feedback from our customers... testing is complete.. now putting together final launch plans.. announcement coming soon...
  • RobDMBRobDMB Members Posts: 383 ✭✭
    Awesome, thanks. I’ll hold off then but before I put in my order for this year.
    Ping Anser 9.5* Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Wood
    Ping i20 Hybrid
    Srixon Z765 4-AW Modus 125X
    Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,198 ✭✭
    newbie ball-ho here.

the sticky stuff on mtb black and prov1 like are because the cover is TPU. am I correct?

mtb red doesn't have that because it's something else.. like Z-stars.

then does all ball with TPU have stickiness?
    larciel wrote:

newbie ball-ho here.

the sticky stuff on mtb black and prov1 like are because the cover is TPU. am I correct?

No... they are not TPU... they are thermoset urethanes, and the difference in feel is the paint system that is used over the urethane.. the TPU covers are painted with clear coats of paint (usually) and the color is pigmented into the cover.. on thermoset urethanes, the paint system is typically pigmented with a couple of coats and then one clear coat over that... sometimes just 2 pigmented coats.. but paint systems are not the same.. any feel or touch differences you feel on the ball are usually caused by the outer paint layer.
  • Golfer from MOGolfer from MO Members Posts: 975 ✭✭
    Snell Golf wrote:

larciel wrote:

newbie ball-ho here.

No... they are not TPU... they are thermoset urethanes, and the difference in feel is the paint system that is used over the urethane.. the TPU covers are painted with clear coats of paint (usually) and the color is pigmented into the cover.. on thermoset urethanes, the paint system is typically pigmented with a couple of coats and then one clear coat over that... sometimes just 2 pigmented coats.. but paint systems are not the same.. any feel or touch differences you feel on the ball are usually caused by the outer paint layer.

Yes, this the same process used by srixon correct? Thier tour yellow is fantastic as well. Snell red though is best non colored ball on market for my game period
    ALL LEFTY -
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue SZ 9* Hzrdus t1100 75 6.5
    PING G400 LST 8.5 version GD p9003tx, [/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cally[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Epic Flash SZ 13.5 smoke 80 6.5 shaft (107g)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cally Apex 18 Ut nunchuck shaft
    Mizuno 900 forged 4-gw X100 hardstepped
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist Vokey black SM5 54/58 s400[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Odyssey[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] O works 1 wide 33.5in[/font]
    Ball - Tp5/Tp5x

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The Our WRXer[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Our WRXer, Who art on Golfworks, hallowed be Thy game; Thy A-game come, Thy eagles be done on the course as it is in the General Forum. Give us this day our daily bird; and forgive us our slow play as we forgive those who slow play in front of us; and lead us not into early extension, but deliver us from triples. Amen. [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Written by:[/font]DeNinny
  • 1Mordrid11Mordrid1 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭
    Finally had a chance to play the MTB Black today. I was very impressed. The ball performed as well as the Chrome Soft for me and better than the QST. Distance was right where I expect my normal ball to go. The ball responded very well to shot shaping. And around the greens it had plenty of spin and control.

Definitely will be playing this ball for the forseeable future.
    WITB

Callaway Rogue driver w/ Oban Tour Limited 4 60g
    Callaway Rogue 4 wood w/ Oban Kiyoshi White 4 65g
    Nike Sasquatch Sumo #4 hybrid(cut down 1") w/ H Diamana s
    Srixon U65 20° Miyazaki Kaula 7 s
    Ping G700 5-UW AWT 2.0(1°flat, 2° weak)
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 19 54/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 19 60/KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne (adjusted to 32")
    Snell MTB Black
  • I finally ordered some MTB Blacks. Looking forward to trying them out. Right now my balls of choice has been the QStar Tour and the Project A. Has anyone compared these to the MTB Black?
    Driver - Callaway Rogue
    3w - Callaway Rogue
    5w - Callaway Rogue
    Irons (GW - 4i) - Callaway Rogue
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport
    Wedges Callaway Mack Daddy 4 - 54 and 60 degrees
  • 1Mordrid11Mordrid1 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭

I finally ordered some MTB Blacks. Looking forward to trying them out. Right now my balls of choice has been the QStar Tour and the Project A. Has anyone compared these to the MTB Black?

For me the MTB Black spins more around the green than the QST. My iron distances seemed to be spot on with both. And the MTB seemed just as long off the driver.
    WITB

Callaway Rogue driver w/ Oban Tour Limited 4 60g
    Callaway Rogue 4 wood w/ Oban Kiyoshi White 4 65g
    Nike Sasquatch Sumo #4 hybrid(cut down 1") w/ H Diamana s
    Srixon U65 20° Miyazaki Kaula 7 s
    Ping G700 5-UW AWT 2.0(1°flat, 2° weak)
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 19 54/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 19 60/KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne (adjusted to 32")
    Snell MTB Black
  • flushemflushem Members Posts: 1,441 ✭✭
    1Mordrid1 wrote:

I finally ordered some MTB Blacks. Looking forward to trying them out. Right now my balls of choice has been the QStar Tour and the Project A. Has anyone compared these to the MTB Black?

For me the MTB Black spins more around the green than the QST. My iron distances seemed to be spot on with both. And the MTB seemed just as long off the driver.

For me, QST spins way more than MTB Black. With Black, it just checks and sits. I must say new QST is way better than the previous.
    WWG1 WGA
    Dean as golf ball guru, is this true?

WWG1 WGA
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭
    flushem wrote:

https://twitter.com/...503977158230016

That has been the legend for along time. Nike balls were made or designed by Bridgestone.
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
    Break81 wrote:

flushem wrote:

All the way back in 2008

http://www.golfwrx.c...ike-golf-balls/

Thanx for the info. Something new to learn.
    WWG1 WGA
  • Got my very first order of MTB Blacks today. First impression is that this ball looks very good and premium. In all honesty, I was expecting this ball to look somewhat cheap. I was wrong. I’m excited to try these out in a couple of weeks. Excellent price point and free 2 day delivery is a HUGE plus.
    Driver - Callaway Rogue
    3w - Callaway Rogue
    5w - Callaway Rogue
    flushem wrote:

yes.. Bridgestone was making the balls for Nike when Tiger left Titleist.. they made special balls for him that were usually labeled with TW at the end of the ball stamp... most of them were not sold under his version, but he would play on tour... I believe the guy who helped him in the design work left Bridgestone, went to Nike, then left Nike and now works with Callaway..
  • BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members Posts: 1,079 ✭✭

Played all three, with the Project a I've played being the previous version. For some reason, I hit several of my longest drives with that old Project a...I'm talking much longer than normal for me, much. Strange. The price hike for that ball in its new version was probably why I haven't played it since. QStar tour is the best cheap ball, I think. Soft and spinny. The MTB Black is a fantastic, all-around ball, all things considered.
    Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
    Ping G400 5-wood
    Srixon Z Star
    Maker's Mark
  • Really hoping the tweak for this years model, is with cover of red. I may be crazy, but the TPU ? Cover looked cheap compared to urathane black. The font of Snell was thicker etc. I know I’m nitpicking, just something I notice when I look down at it. Love the blacks, I’ve converted several at my club, including the owner. I’m really going to be working on flighting my wedges this year, and will probably be looking for more spin, compared to my little flip that lands straight down. Thanks again Dean, for bringing us this value, and being visible to your customers!
    Stephens24 wrote:

Really hoping the tweak for this years model, is with cover of red. I may be crazy, but the TPU ? Cover looked cheap compared to urathane black. The font of Snell was thicker etc. I know I'm nitpicking, just something I notice when I look down at it. Love the blacks, I've converted several at my club, including the owner. I'm really going to be working on flighting my wedges this year, and will probably be looking for more spin, compared to my little flip that lands straight down. Thanks again Dean, for bringing us this value, and being visible to your customers!
    you gonna love what we have coming... info to be sent out in a few weeks... but thanks for the feedback...
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 6,174 ✭✭
    The Red was my fav ball of 2018, lets see what happens in 2019!! Good luck dean!!
    driver: SRIXON Z745
    fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
    3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP18MMC FLIHI
    5-9 IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX 4: 48, 53, 58, 64
    PUTTER; RIFE Cayman
    BALL; various, ask me that day.
  • Snell Golf wrote:

Stephens24 wrote:

Really hoping the tweak for this years model, is with cover of red. I may be crazy, but the TPU ? Cover looked cheap compared to urathane black. The font of Snell was thicker etc. I know I'm nitpicking, just something I notice when I look down at it. Love the blacks, I've converted several at my club, including the owner. I'm really going to be working on flighting my wedges this year, and will probably be looking for more spin, compared to my little flip that lands straight down. Thanks again Dean, for bringing us this value, and being visible to your customers!
    you gonna love what we have coming... info to be sent out in a few weeks... but thanks for the feedback...

I’m anxious to see what’s coming. Good to know you’re constantly improving.
    Driver - Callaway Rogue
    3w - Callaway Rogue
    5w - Callaway Rogue
  • mileslongmileslong Posts: 200 ✭✭
    Congrats to you and your company for moving into a new facility, not the least bit surprised with the amount of success you are having with your ball business. Your products as well as your customers service are the best in the business!
    Ping G400 10 LST Kuro Kage DC 60TX
    Ping G410 LST 3 wood Evenflow 6.0
    Ping G410 3h Evenflow 6.0
    Ping i500s 4-U PX LZ 6.0
    Ping Glide 2 Stealth 54 and 58 PX Lz 6.0
    Ping Fetch
    Snell Red soon to be X

Snell Golf wrote:

Stephens24 wrote:

I'm anxious to see what's coming. Good to know you're constantly improving.

did you test MTB Black yet?
    WWG1 WGA
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,612 ClubWRX
    QuigleyDU wrote:

The Red was my fav ball of 2018, lets see what happens in 2019!! Good luck dean!!

Likewise.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • flushem wrote:

Snell Golf wrote:

Stephens24 wrote:

I'm anxious to see what's coming. Good to know you're constantly improving.

did you test MTB Black yet?

I have not. Hopefully this weekend if it doesn’t rain.
    Driver - Callaway Rogue
    3w - Callaway Rogue
    5w - Callaway Rogue
    mileslong wrote:

Congrats to you and your company for moving into a new facility, not the least bit surprised with the amount of success you are having with your ball business. Your products as well as your customers service are the best in the business!
    Thank you very much... i will certainly pass along your comments to my service team... much appreciated.
  • RainShadowRainShadow Tucson AZ (for now)Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭
    What ball is the Red comparable to?

TP5? ProV1? Chrome Soft?
    Ping G400 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 75
    Rogue 4 wd. Atmos Blue TS 7 
    G 410 19* Tour 85
    Apex  23 & 26 Kuro Kage
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW Modus 105s (In Play) / Srixon Z765 6-GW Modus 105s (Standing By)
    MackDaddy4 Black 54 S and RTX 3 Raw 58* 
     Bettinardi '16 BB1 / '16 Bettinardi Tiki /  '17 Studio Stock 8
    Chrome Soft / TP5/ Wilson Staff FG Tour
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,145 ✭✭
    Excited to see new products coming.

And the last gen of Nike balls were and still are the best balls I’ve played to date . Nike RZN tour platinum and black. Easily my favorite to use all time.

MTB red is great. My dad loves to use the black. I’ll buy a few dozen of whatever comes out because why not?
  • RainShadowRainShadow Tucson AZ (for now)Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭
    I played a round with the MTB Red yesterday.

Not convinced, although my iron play wasn't sharp.

I've been playing the Chrome Soft mostly for a year now and I felt the Snell was a bit shorter off the tee and felt clickier off Irons (Miz 919 Forged) to me. Feels Ok off the putter, but still firmer than I like.

Not a fair test as I was playing new Irons and a new driver yesterday, but the wedge action didnt seem to have quite the stopping power, either.

I'll give them another go this week.
    Ping G400 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 75
    Rogue 4 wd. Atmos Blue TS 7 
    G 410 19* Tour 85
    Apex  23 & 26 Kuro Kage
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW Modus 105s (In Play) / Srixon Z765 6-GW Modus 105s (Standing By)
    MackDaddy4 Black 54 S and RTX 3 Raw 58* 
     Bettinardi '16 BB1 / '16 Bettinardi Tiki /  '17 Studio Stock 8
    Chrome Soft / TP5/ Wilson Staff FG Tour
  • AtraynAtrayn ClubWRX Posts: 2,049 ✭✭
    Hey Dean,

I let my new 2 dozen MTB's in a bin in the back of my pickup the last two nights at -24F. Do I need to worry about performance after they thaw out?
    "Someday, it may even be possible to construct some kind of machine
    that will swing a golf club as well as it can possibly be done." "That is probably as close to
    the perfect swing as it would be possible for human beings to get." Ben Hogan 1965 SI

2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
    2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
    2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
    2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
    2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ KBS tour S
    2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
    Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter