ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

Comments

• Snell GolfSnell Golf Sponsors Posts: 532 ✭✭
    Middler wrote:

gvogel wrote:
    Yes, and thanks for the great "Red" promotion for the Sox World Series deal.
    +1. When there’s a “Black” promotion I’ll have 6 dozen! Black Friday?

we will certainly have some great Black Friday, Cyber monday and xmas items coming soon... look forward to a great holiday season... have a few secrets in the works as well.. let it develop...
  • chunkYEAGERchunkYEAGER Members Posts: 24
    I too took advantage of the MTB RED offer. I was going to wait till the supply of current gamers was almost gone to try these, but this offer was way to good to pass up. Thanks Dean!
    Callaway RAZR FIT 10.5
    Callaway RAZR FIT 5 Wood
    Callaway FTiz 3,4 Hybrids
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-AW
    Titleiest Vokey 56,60 Wedges
    Odyssey White Hot XG
  • cpeckcpeck Advanced Members Posts: 195 ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    ask and you shall receive!
    Middler wrote:

gvogel wrote:
    Yes, and thanks for the great "Red" promotion for the Sox World Series deal.
    +1. When there’s a “Black” promotion I’ll have 6 dozen! Black Friday?
  • GDTBATHGDTBATH Advanced Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    Dean, help me out: in the past I’ve loaded up with the original MTB. Running out and need to reorder. Any recommendations vis a vis Black vs Red? I’m a low handicap (around a four) but fairly low swing speed (around 100 mph and roughly 140 ball speed w/ a driver). I definitely don’t want to give up distance but I don’t want to hit rocks either. I’m generally middle of the road in terms of spin/launch. Any thoughts?
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 14,336 ClubWRX
    I’d been almost out of my Reds (in yellow), down to one sleeve. I didn’t want to order any ore balls at that time (about a month ago) with winter coming. I happened to be in our local Dunham’s and they box of the Volvik (S4’s I think) ball that I believe is their top tier ball. I grabbed the box and have been playing them for the last month or so. Good ball, solid, highly visible.

Going out yesterday I went to grab the last sleeve of Volviks. Sitting there was that last sleeve of Reds (in yellow). Knowing I had a couple dozen more coming soon I grabbed the Reds (in yellow) instead. I was quickly reminded what my ball of choice was,and sfill is. The Red (in yellow) just performs for me. It fits.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
    GDTBATH wrote:

Dean, help me out: in the past I've loaded up with the original MTB. Running out and need to reorder. Any recommendations vis a vis Black vs Red? I'm a low handicap (around a four) but fairly low swing speed (around 100 mph and roughly 140 ball speed w/ a driver). I definitely don't want to give up distance but I don't want to hit rocks either. I'm generally middle of the road in terms of spin/launch. Any thoughts?

If you play MTB and like that performance, then I would definitely recommend the MTB BLACK... the RED will have a firmer feel, and higher approach shot spin (7,8,9 PW) ... MTB BLACK will have similar performance as the MTB into the greens.. the lower core compression of the MTB BLACK versus MTB will help lower drive spin, and slightly increase driver distance... thanks and appreciate the orders and support...
  • GDTBATHGDTBATH Advanced Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    Just ordered six dozen!
  • BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Advanced Members Posts: 1,051 ✭✭
    Received my sale-price box of MTB Blacks Saturday and gamed it on Sunday. Man...great all-around ball. Really enjoyed it. Now...if I can just fix my swing....
    Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
    Srixon Z Star & Snell MTB Black
    Alesian Space Dust IPA
  • drvrwdgedrvrwdge Advanced Members Posts: 2,219 ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Received my sale-price box of MTB Blacks Saturday and gamed it on Sunday. Man...great all-around ball. Really enjoyed it. Now...if I can just fix my swing....

I’d have to agree 100% here. Played in a state golf association one day even today with the MTB Black and the performance was phenomenal in every aspect. Have a big fall two-man this weekend so will be able to collect a little more data but all seems good so far. Long, soft and straight. May actually not spin enough. Iron distances were off the charts so need a few more rounds to confirm. Had it -3 through 10 and shot 77 with a 4 putt...... and a quad on my last hole but neither of which were the balls fault ha.
    Ping G400 8.5 LST Kuro Kage XT 60TX
    Ping G 14.5 Fujikura VC TS 7.3x
    Ping G410 2 Crossover Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 TX
    Ping i210 4-pw PX 6.5
    Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 50 SS, 54 SS, 58ES PX 6.5
    Ping Sigma2 Tyne 4, Black Stealth Shaft, PP58
    '19 Srixon Z Star XV
    Jones Utility Trouper
  • i8myshirti8myshirt Members Posts: 29
    Switched from the MTB reds to the blacks a couple of weeks ago. Was enjoying the reds earlier in the season, but was finding the ball spinning too much around the greens and making it harder for me to measure my bump and runs. I think if you like to chip higher shots, the red works well but I prefer the blacks for my lower to the ground chip shots.
  • BY#99BY#99 Advanced Members Posts: 321
    Is there a new MTB version coming for 2019? I was just curious as the current balls are on sale for the holiday season. With Snell being a newer company I was unsure if their product cycles.
  • SPARKPSPARKP ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 828 ClubWRX
    edited November 2018
    Just ordered 6 dozen of the black after reading multiple post here and the comparison to the Pro V on an independent testing site.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

COBRA F9 Speedback 10.5*| UST Helium F3
    COBRA F9 Speedback 3wd | Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec 6R
    ADAMS PRO A12 PRO 2 & 3 Hybrids | UST Mamiya VTS Silver
    PXG GEN-2 0311XF 4 - 6 irons | Accra Tour 100i Graphite Stiff 
    PXG GEN-2 0311P 7 - GW irons | Accra Tour 100i Graphite Stiff 
    PING GLIDE STEALTH 2.0 SW 54* - 12 | Wedge Flex
    PING GLIDE STEALTH 2.0 LW 58* - 6 | Wedge Flex
    PXG GUNBOAT H Putter
    PXG STAFF BAG

• TinkerGolfManTinkerGolfMan Tinker Golf Man Advanced Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭
    Played these a while ago when initially introduced. Soft feel of golf clubs, held pretty well in wind, although biggest flaw for me was they didn't have any distance.
    TaylorMade 2019 M1 9°, Aldila Rogue 110, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align Midsize
    Bomb Tech 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Oban Devotion, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Mizuno JPX 919/ 4-6 Forged Irons /7-PW Tour Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.
  • BY#99BY#99 Advanced Members Posts: 321
    I was not a huge fan of the Red for feel reasons but have played the original MTB and the Black for a good portion of the last 2 seasons. Overall good in all areas.
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 14,336 ClubWRX
    You guys are all wrong!!

RED (in yellow) is the best!��

Just joking of course.

BTW. I have five full (+ a 3 1/2hole loop) rounds on the current ball. It’s getting up there where that other was.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
    BY#99 wrote:

Is there a new MTB version coming for 2019? I was just curious as the current balls are on sale for the holiday season. With Snell being a newer company I was unsure if their product cycles.
    Let it develop.. haha... we have been working on some new protos all year.. and also listening to all the feedback from our customers...good stuff in the works...
  • flushemflushem Advanced Members Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    Dean, any update with Big 5? Do they carry MTB Black?
    WWG1 WGA
    flushem wrote:

they do not carry Black as of now... they only carry one model, and chose RED.. but that will be changing next year...
    Snell Golf wrote:

flushem wrote:

they do not carry Black as of now... they only carry one model, and chose RED.. but that will be changing next year...

Thanx for the update. Please keep us in the loop.
    WWG1 WGA
  • drvrwdgedrvrwdge Advanced Members Posts: 2,219 ✭✭
    any update on an MTB Black in yellow?
    Ping G400 8.5 LST Kuro Kage XT 60TX
    Ping G 14.5 Fujikura VC TS 7.3x
    Ping G410 2 Crossover Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 TX
    Ping i210 4-pw PX 6.5
    Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 50 SS, 54 SS, 58ES PX 6.5
    Ping Sigma2 Tyne 4, Black Stealth Shaft, PP58
    '19 Srixon Z Star XV
    Jones Utility Trouper
    drvrwdge wrote:

any update on an MTB Black in yellow?

From Dean's old note, it is all about sales. Bigger sales = bigger chance of MTB Black in yellow.
    WWG1 WGA
  • KimRIPKimRIP Members Posts: 3

DivinDave wrote:

Well after having played a couple more sleeves of Snell's and using different colors of Sharpies to mark them, I can definitely say the ink has something to do with how quickly it fades. I use mostly green and red. After a few holes, the green gets considerably faded or washed off by the dew on the grass, whereas the Red ink does not.

The same with either the Snell Red or Black. So I'll be using red ink to mark my ball from now on.

DivinDave wrote:

c50sooner wrote:

Quasimoto wrote:

I marked the balls with my usual ID mark and noticed that the finish is somewhat different than other urethane balls such as Bridgestone and Callaway. Those 2 seem to have a slight tacky feel to them and the Snell is slippery.

Anyone else notice this and can comment on it?

Quasi, were those Reds? I haven't tried to mark any of mine (one of the niceties of playing yellow balls), but Red has a different cover than Black and I could see where the TPU cover of the red would not take marker as well.

Im using a Red color sharpie to mark my Snell Red golf balls. The ink stays on the cover and it didnt fade AT ALL. Even playing early with a little dew on the grass.

Before I switched to Snell, I played the Chrome Soft and used a green sharpie. My mark was always faded even after just a couple of holes.

I dont know if its the ink or the cover on the ball, but I can tell you for sure, a red sharpie on the Snell Red works great. Ive not tried any other color sharpies yet. I might test a couple this weekend.

I've never found a green Sharpie (dark green, light green, olive) that doesn't fade on a golf ball almost immediately. It's weird but it's definitely a thing.
    Totally agree, I treid a light blue sharpie - same thing, gone after about 4 or 5 holes, went back to my pink sharpie, which lasts 'till I lose the ball. (I found this happened with the Chrome, Pro V & TP5 balls as well).
    TM M3 8.5* Tensei Silver XS
    Rogue 15* Diamana Blue XS 75g
    Rogue 19* Diamana Blue XS 75g
    GAPR Low 4I Ozik Red XS 80g
    TM P790 5 - 7 Nippon NS S 95g
    TM 760 8 - PW Nippon NS S 95g
    Vokey 50 54 60
    Artisan 0217
    Nice review by Clay @ Top Speed

WWG1 WGA
  • elwhippyelwhippy Advanced Members Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    I love both the Red and Black but found they are not too clever in colder conditions. Big distance drop off compared to other 3 and 4 piece balls. I shall rest them until Spring as excellent products and very good value.
  • 2Bad4u2Bad4u Advanced Members Posts: 212
    elwhippy wrote:

I love both the Red and Black but found they are not too clever in colder conditions. Big distance drop off compared to other 3 and 4 piece balls. I shall rest them until Spring as excellent products and very good value.

I find that the Snell's are no better or worse in the cold than the CromeSoft Truvis balls that I previously played. Once the weather gets a little too cold I'll switch to a less expensive brand.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping Pioneer Bag
    Ping G400 Max 10.5˚, Alta CB 55 R-Flex
    Ping G400 5w, 7w, Alta CB 65 R-Flex
    Ping G400 4h, 5h, 6h, Alta CB 70 R-Flex
    Ping G700 7-PW, UW, SW, Recoil 780 ES F3 SmacWrap
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 60[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]˚ & 64˚, Recoil 760 ES F3 SmacWrap[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping Sigma G D66 | Sigma G Tyne Putters
    Snell MTB Black | MTB Red (Yellow), Golf Pride MCC+4 Grips
    Seamus Headcovers, Clicgear 3.5+ Cart, Leupold GX-4i2 Rangefinder [/font]
    BLACK FRIDAY SALE tomorrow starting at 6am... lowest prices of the year and for weekend only.... thanks to everyone for their support, and please let our friends know.. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone..
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker Advanced Members Posts: 5,023 ✭✭
    Snell Golf wrote:

BLACK FRIDAY SALE tomorrow starting at 6am... lowest prices of the year and for weekend only.... thanks to everyone for their support, and please let our friends know.. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone..

You the man, Dean.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • Jrweber77Jrweber77 Webz59 Advanced Members Posts: 163
    Snell Golf wrote:
    Picked up another 6 dozen MTB Black ... why not?! Happy Thanksgiving Dean all all fellow WRXers.
  • dhartmann34dhartmann34 Advanced Members Posts: 630 ✭✭
    This is the sale I've been waiting for most!!
    Snell Golf wrote:
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Advanced Members Posts: 2,020
    Wonder how low he will go?’
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
    I just bought two dozen, guess I’ll orobably end up with a few more!
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • HsteadHstead Advanced Members Posts: 6,326 ✭✭
    Just bought 8 dozen Blacks. Thanks for the sale. Haven't played the Black yet, but it was perfect timing as I am almost out of my MTBs
    TaylorMade M3 9.5 Graphite Design BB 70X
    Callaway Epic Subzero 15* Diamana D+
    Titleist 818 H1
    Mizuno 919 Tour 6-P, 5 Forged, 4 Hot Metal KBS Tour X
    Titleist TVD 56* and 60* V Grind S400
    Directed Force
    Snell
    Hstead wrote:

Just bought 8 dozen Blacks. Thanks for the sale. Haven't played the Black yet, but it was perfect timing as I am almost out of my MTBs

I reloaded on Blacks this morning as well. You'll love them, great ball!
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • crazygolfnutcrazygolfnut CrazyGolfNut Advanced Members Posts: 1,148 ✭✭
    Went to buy some more MTB Red in Yellow but they were out of stock. Hoping they come in before Dec 25th so Santa can leave them under the tree!
    • Driver: ______ Ping G400 Max
    • Woods: _____ Ping G30 3 & 5 wood
    • Hybrids: _____ Titleist 818H1 21* & 25*
    • Irons: _______ Titleist 718 AP1 6-W
    • Wedges: ____ Titleist Vokey SM6 52.08F & 56.08M
    • Putter: ______ Rife Mid Mallet 400
    • Ball: ________ Snell MTB Red Yellow
    • Bag: ________ Datrek Lite Rider
    • GPS: _______ Bushnell NEO Ghost
    • Rangefinder: _ Precision Pro [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]NX7 Pro[/font]
    • GHIN: _______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

“Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips”
  • TzoidTzoid Advanced Members Posts: 1,635 ✭✭
    I have played Pro V-1X for many years but last night I pulled the trigger on a few dozen MTB Red . I hear great things about SNELL and expect

that they will be comparable.

The YouTube reviews indicate that the Snell MTB is lower spinning and off the driver that should benefit me.
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • SixtySomePingSixtySomePing Advanced Members Posts: 4,876 ✭✭
    MTB Reds on the way, thanks for the Black Friday sale Dean, or in this case, Red Friday image/happy.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':happy:' />
    I got tied up Friday and forgot all about the BF sale��
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62

****, homie.

giphy.gif
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • 300_Straight300_Straight Advanced Members Posts: 929
    I tried the MTB Black when it came out and loved it. It's low spin off the Driver and good spin around the greens. My wedge (yes, wedge) is pretty worn now after ~4-5 seasons along with practice sessions, but the ball still stopped. I just bought a dozen of each (Black & Red) and am excited to try the Red. I'm hoping the feel isn't too much firmer, because I love a soft feeling ball. I tried it off the Putter last night and it felt just slightly firmer than what I remember from the Black.

Needless to say, I have no need for Pro V1s in my bag anymore when these balls perform great at a much discounted price.
    King LTD Pro 7.5 F / Kuro Kage DC 70TX - 44.5"
    Exotics XCG7 Beta 13*
    '94 Callaway Big Bertha 3 - 9 irons
    46* SM7 / 50* (TBD) / 54* Top Flite / 58* (TBD)
    Old Odyssey Mallet

sale ends at midnight tonight, so still time... use code BLACKFRIDAY18 in the promo code for $25 per doz (2 doz min order).... thanks..
  • TzoidTzoid Advanced Members Posts: 1,635 ✭✭
    Snell Golf wrote:

sale ends at midnight tonight, so still time... use code BLACKFRIDAY18 in the promo code for $25 per doz (2 doz min order).... thanks..

I have Amazon gift credits so I ordered two dozen MTB Reds on Amazon for $ 25.99 a dozen shipped ..... I can't wait to try these balls and see how I like them compared to

the Pro V-1X.
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
    Snell Golf wrote:

Thanks. But didn’t I read that the Red (yellow) are sold out?
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • crazygolfnutcrazygolfnut CrazyGolfNut Advanced Members Posts: 1,148 ✭✭

Snell Golf wrote:

Yes, it looks like the Red / Yellows are out of stock. I was going to buy a couple of dozen but it looks like I will have to wait.
    • Driver: ______ Ping G400 Max
    • Woods: _____ Ping G30 3 & 5 wood
    • Hybrids: _____ Titleist 818H1 21* & 25*
    • Irons: _______ Titleist 718 AP1 6-W
    • Wedges: ____ Titleist Vokey SM6 52.08F & 56.08M
    • Putter: ______ Rife Mid Mallet 400
    • Ball: ________ Snell MTB Red Yellow
    • Bag: ________ Datrek Lite Rider
    • GPS: _______ Bushnell NEO Ghost
    • Rangefinder: _ Precision Pro [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]NX7 Pro[/font]
    • GHIN: _______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

“Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips”

Snell Golf wrote:

Yes, it looks like the Red / Yellows are out of stock. I was going to buy a couple of dozen but it looks like I will have to wait.
    RED yellow is sold out.. we have had some issues with the supplier, and have been working on a new solution that I think you all will like much better... testing is complete.. ball is very good... and addressed some of the concerns with MTB RED... and yes, it will be in yellow... hope to have all the details to you after the first of the year... but it will be worth the wait...for now, we will keep the $26.99 price for MTB RED and MTB BLACK til the end of December, so continue to take advantage of the big savings...
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Advanced Members Posts: 5,987 ✭✭
    love the constant drive to improve. The red is as good, if not better a ball than anything out there.
    driver: SRIXON Z745
    fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
    3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP18MMC FLIHI
    5-9 IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX 4: 48, 53, 58, 64
    PUTTER; RIFE Cayman
    BALL; various, ask me that day.
    I think we should change the name to MTB Yellow. Then I wouldn’t always have to type Red (in yellow) every time!��
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • SixtySomePingSixtySomePing Advanced Members Posts: 4,876 ✭✭

I think we should change the name to MTB Yellow. Then I wouldn’t always have to type Red (in yellow) every time!��

Or Red-Y

Or Red-Y

let's hope for Black-Y.
    WWG1 WGA
  • BrianMcGBrianMcG Advanced Members Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Got 6 dozen in today. Does Dean sign every purchase order? I actually thought that was kinda neat.
    Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.
  • cpeckcpeck Advanced Members Posts: 195 ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    add a x instead or add a r. Mtb R for them to selll, and for discussions here add the letter y MTBrY if you play yellow one. and need the people to know.