2015 PRO V1X Feedback

2»

Comments

• The sandmanThe sandman Member Members Posts: 119
    I'm sure with all of their robot testing Titleist would not release a new ball that travels a shorter distance or spins too much off of a driver face.

They kinda sound like excuses for getting a little bit steep on test day if you ask me :/
  • scratchswingerscratchswinger Members Posts: 16,257 ✭✭
    denvergolf wrote:

Drudersh wrote:

This is such a funny topic too me. I am a +3 handicap and the ONLY ball that was WAY different was the 11 ball. That ball was a total spinner. THis ball is great and NOT much different at ALL compared next to the 13 ball. It has a touch more spin around the green and is a touch softer..

Well I am a +2 and I thought there was a big difference and liked it wayyyy better! So there!

The line in the sand has been drawn at +1.5 image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' />
    Then I shall not contribute, but I have played it. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

At 1.6 you are qualified.
  • DrudershDrudersh ClubWRX Posts: 2,925 ClubWRX
    edited Feb 9, 2015 #34

denvergolf wrote:

Drudersh wrote:

This is such a funny topic too me. I am a +3 handicap and the ONLY ball that was WAY different was the 11 ball. That ball was a total spinner. THis ball is great and NOT much different at ALL compared next to the 13 ball. It has a touch more spin around the green and is a touch softer..

Well I am a +2 and I thought there was a big difference and liked it wayyyy better! So there!

The line in the sand has been drawn at +1.5 image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' />
    Then I shall not contribute, but I have played it. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

At 1.6 you are qualified.

Wrong side of scratch, his opinion doesn't count or matter. I mean, that guy is a +3, if anyone definitely 100% knows if there is a difference it's him.

In all seriousness, I stopped buying the 2013 X's after i played a few rounds with the test balls I was sent. I found them to stay at their apex longer and carry further than the 2013's. Then I found an X test ball on the course recently and had the same positive experience putting it in play. My hope is they didn't mess too much with the design for the production model, but I'm still holding off for the Buy 3 get one free sale.
    Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
    Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
    Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • denvergolfdenvergolf Castle Pines, COMembers Posts: 1,529 ✭✭
    Then I agree with above poster. Seemed about the same distance wise. Maybe a bit higher launching, softer feel. Overall I liked it, but it's not something revolutionary. Nor would I expect it to be. Really liked the feel off the putter...
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero TD - 9* Black Smoke 6.5 - 70
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero - 15* Black Smoke 6.5 - 80
    TaylorMade M3 20* Hybrid, Kuro Kage XT 100TX
    TaylorMade P.7TW, 4-W, DG Tour Issue X100
    Cleveland RTX 4 Raw, 52-mid, 56-mid, and 60-low
    Titleist Cameron Tour Rat 1-M 
    2019 TM TP5x
  • knock it closeknock it close Members Posts: 7,945 ✭✭
    I'll agree with wardnation, I wasn't a fan of the '11 ball either. For the '13 I went back to the 1 from the x at the end of last year and think I preferred it. Haven't tried the 15's yet
    M2, maybe
    915 FD
    913 HD
    712u 3
    714 AP2 4-p
    SM5 53, 59
    Circa62
  • Isaac_NewtonIsaac_Newton Lefty Boomers Posts: 464 ✭✭

With the nice weather over the weekend and near 80 degrees I found the time get 36 in yesterday with the new Pro V1X. Played the 13 X almost exclusively for 2 years. Comparisons of 15 to 13.

- Higher mid iron spin. For me certainly the most noticable difference.

- Longer off of the tee.

- Slightly more green side spin.

- Slightly softer putter feel.

Overall I was pleased but worried about the iron spin. I will finish the box and possibly try something else. Not sure yet.

How did you feel the spin off the driver was compared to the 13? Did you feel the distance off the irons was the same but with more spin?

Since handicap apparently matters when providing feedback on golf balls (as the thread asks for) I normally bottom out around a +2 in the summer.

The launch certainly felt a degree or 2 higher off the driver. If I was to guess on driver spin I would say slightly less but I have nothing to support that statement.

I think the irons went about the same distance so perhaps the cover just grabs better (if that is even possible). I guess course conditions could have affected backspin but I was the only one backing up 7 and 8 irons so I don't think so.
  • Matt97GTMatt97GT Members Posts: 452 ✭✭
    Jon H wrote:

The x is harder than last year. Definite change in feel. It is longer off the tee though.

I have to disagree. I was part of the prototype testing and the new V1x is softer. All of their press material states that all of their design efforts this go around and the main change to the V1x was to make it a bit softer.

I noticed very little change from the 11 to the 13, but the 15 had a softer feel at impact for me and appeared to launch a touch higher. I'll be stocking up on the 2015 version.
  • nickosbadnickosbad Members Posts: 315 ✭✭
    I've played two rounds with the same 2015 ProV1X and I am very pleased with the durability, I'd probably get a 3rd round out of it before it gets relegated to the practice bag (that's if I don't lose it)

It spins great and certainly feels nice and soft, I spent the last year playing Z-Star XV's but will be playing these for the foreseeable future
    Cobra F9 Yellow 9' HZRDUS Smoke 6.0
    Cobra F9 Tour 4-5 HXRDUS Smoke 6.0
    Taylormade P790 #3 C-Taper 120 Stiff
    Taylormade P770 4-PW C-Taper 120 Stiff
    Nike Engage 52' Square
    Nike Engage 56' Square
    Nike Engage 58' Dual Sole
    Nike Engage 60' Toe Sweep
    Taylormade Spider X Copper
    Ping Anser Nickel
    Ping DLX Cart / 4 Series White Tour Carry Bag
  • SplashShotSplashShot Members Posts: 369
    edited Feb 15, 2015 #40
    Are there any major differences left between the V1x and the V1? Other than marketing, and eating shelf space, I wonder if there is a need for titleist to continue to produce both balls?

They could make the Pro V1Z, "The Ball to End All Balls"
    Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
    Callaway X2Hot 3 deep
    Adams Super S 3H
    Ping ISI-S 4-PW, S1, S3
    Cleveland Classic, Superstroke SSR2
    Snell MTB
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,828 ✭✭
    I'd love to see them offered in optic yellow. Might actually pay the price for them.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • CDMCDM Members Posts: 1,756 ✭✭
    edited Feb 16, 2015 #42
    I was one of the lucky ones that got the test balls. PRO VX review. I assume it is the same as what is out for 15' ... I mean it seems the same when I played them side by side two weeks ago (Yes I still have the test ball(s)...LOL SAD)

Overall from last years ball I would say it is not longer its seems the same. Now and than 1-2 more yards but nothing like 10 yards you see some claim. I think it feels softer but feel is all subjective. Spin I will say it does spin a bit more. The one thing I notice and could just be me, it seems to launch higher...could be because of the more spin?

I asked Titleist a question about the new ball while trying to figure out some shafts. Not a real answer just seems like standard yearly statement.... The new "Pro Vx" has a very very slight difference in the cover and mantle which is to help feel and spin about the greens, but not change distance it provides.

So who knows.... it comes down to what works for you.
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    Can't believe the guys saying that 15 models are harder than the 13! I'm finding the complete opposite. Had a test run of the V1 and enjoyed playing with that but think I'm going to move to the V1x this season. The slight clicky feel that I got with the old model has, for me, gone and that around the green is a game changer for me.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • Matt JMatt J Members Posts: 8,734 ✭✭
    edited Feb 16, 2015 #44
    SplashShot wrote:

Are there any major differences left between the V1x and the V1? Other than marketing, and eating shelf space, I wonder if there is a need for titleist to continue to produce both balls?

They could make the Pro V1Z, "The Ball to End All Balls"

I assume that the difference is now and has always been compression. I think the x has fewer dimples which would also equate to slightly less spin.
  • gpleonardgpleonard New Smyrna Beach, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,268 ✭✭
    From what I have heard a lot of the test balls were actually the new Velocity ball. So do not be fooled by a lot of the reports.. Get the new balls and test for your self... And yes the Velocity ball is Titleists distance ball. It does have a place, so like I said just go out and do your own test..
    Gil Leonard