Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Bushnell Tour V3

I have Bushnell Tour V3 range finder. This is my 1st range finder so I'm not familiar how to use this gadget correctly. I'm not sure where to aim the range finder when you want to get an accurate reading. When you are standing on the fairway and you can't see the green from far away (because of the different elevation), how can you get the reading? Sometimes it's hard to get a lock if you aim at the flag pole.

Comments

• High Plains DriverHigh Plains Driver Chip Yipper Extraordinaire Members Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Aim at the flag, not the pole. Keep the 'fire' button depressed and it will vibrate indicating that it has locked on the flag.

You can get distances to pretty much anything that you can see (bunker faces, trees, carts, yardage stakes, et. al.)
    I am not brand loyal. I am just seriously OCD.

[font=georgia,serif]Driver: Titleist 910 D2
    Fairway: Titleist 910F 3 & 5
    Hybrid: Cobra Baffler MM 20° & 23°(The Original)
    Irons: Titleist 712 AP2 5-P
    Wedges: Vokey SM4 52° & 58°
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport
    Ball: Titleist ProV1X
    [/font]
  • craniac76craniac76 Members Posts: 2,456

Aim at the flag, not the pole. Keep the 'fire' button depressed and it will vibrate indicating that it has locked on the flag.

You can get distances to pretty much anything that you can see (bunker faces, trees, carts, yardage stakes, et. al.)

OK i'll try that next time.
  • El SantoEl Santo Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
    WRX is slipping on this ... why no RTFM. Have we gone soft? Woe is me.

Let me help this get back on track ...

JonesScott says play blades in a staff bag with iron covers. You'll look just like Tiger (GOAT) and hit your tour speck unobtanium shafted driver (Professionally fit and Tipped 1.5") to pin high every time but only if you practice with a Trackman and obey the NEW ball flight laws.

February in Alberta. -8 degC. I need a vacation.

Seriously OP, you've got good advice above. Once you get the hang of it I'm sure you'll be happy with performance. When I first got a range finder I found it particularly useful at the range for getting my short game distances dialed in.

Good Luck.
    I play so bad, but it feels so good!
    WITB Link
  • BarracudaBarracuda Members Posts: 529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aim to the flag not the pole.
    Yeeah this thing is good as long as you can see the target. If the green is behind the trees, you have no luck.....
  • High Plains DriverHigh Plains Driver Chip Yipper Extraordinaire Members Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If I am behind trees and I can't get a line of sight at the pin, I'll shoot carts or people off to the side of the green or walk to the side until I can see the flag. You'll be off a few yards, but at least you are in the ball park.

[/font]
    edited Feb 6, 2015 #8
    One more thing, can I use this gadget in a tournament? I'm not a Pro. and my golf course have a monthly tournament.

Also do your playing partners in your grouping think that you are cheating when you are using a rangefinder?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Unless they are prohibited by a local rule, they are allowed.

If they are legal for use, don't worry about what your competitors think.

[/font]
  • DaveLeeNCDaveLeeNC Pinehurst, NCMembers Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Feb 6, 2015 #10

Unless they are prohibited by a local rule, they are allowed.

If they are legal for use, don't worry about what your competitors think.

Just being picky but I believe that is backwards. In most cases these devices are not allowed unless there is a local rule in place that allows them. The USGA is allowing them in most of their events, but not the US Open, Ladies Open, and Senior Open.

dave
    You are correct DaveLeeNC.

At a local course tourney you are likely fine craniac76. Just double check with the rules committee.

[/font]
  • Password Is TacoPassword Is Taco Members Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know of any place to get these around $200-$300? I've got s few years of good use out of my V2 but it's fallen out of the cart a few too many times. Looking to pick up the V3 if I can find a reasonable deal.
  • PapaJohickPapaJohick ShortKnocker Bombs Charleston, SCMembers Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebay has plenty in that range
    Forever Changing at this point.......

TG2 Podcast Guest: 
  • jacobtanakajacobtanaka Members Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited Aug 31, 2019 9:21am #14

Following the thread..

Post edited by jacobtanaka on
  • cristphotocristphoto Members Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

One thing to add. Yes aim at the flag as its easier to see than the pole. However you can swipe just left and right of the flag and the Bushnell technology only locks on to whats closest (flag) and ignores the rest. No need to worry about steady hands.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file