golflefty WITB

Time for a WITB. Bag is full of new toys for the 2015 season... Waiting for the snow to melt is now worse than watching paint dry. I'm short my gamer putter, currently being restored at the Scotty Custom Shop. I'll update once it gets back.



Taylormade M2 9.5* Fuji Pro TS 63x
Taylormade M3 15* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 74x
Taylormade SLDR 19* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84x
Taylormade Tour Preferred MC 3-P Modus 125x
Taylormade Tour Preferred 54* Modus 125x
Taylormade Tour Preferred ATV 60* KBS Wedge
Taylormade TP Soto Putter
WITB Link
«1

Comments

  • MobMob Just Another Lefty Members Posts: 3,479 ✭✭
    Nice bag. Love your shaft choices for all clubs; looks like a player's bag.
    Epic Flash Subzero with Tensei Pro Orange 60S shaft vs. Cobra F9 Tour length with Tensei Pro Orange 60S shaft
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 degree with GD Tour AD IZ 75 stiff
    Callaway Rogue 2 and 4 hybrid with GD Tour AD IZ 85 stiff hybrid shaft
    TM P790 5-A with Fujikura Pro 95i shaft stiff tour spec
    Callaway Forged 56 degree wedge and PM19 62 degree wedge
    TM Spider X Navy Blue 35 inch with white racing stripe
  • golfleftygolflefty Members Posts: 481 ✭✭
    Mob wrote:
    Nice bag. Love your shaft choices for all clubs; looks like a player's bag.


    Thanks, I hope to love the shaft choices too. The woods just arrived today and installed the modus shafts in my irons over the weekend, haven't had a chance to hit any of it yet.
    Taylormade M2 9.5* Fuji Pro TS 63x
    Taylormade M3 15* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 74x
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred MC 3-P Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 54* Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred ATV 60* KBS Wedge
    Taylormade TP Soto Putter
    WITB Link
  • bullsfanbullsfan Members Posts: 478 ✭✭
    Well aside from hitting on the wrong side of the ball, beautiful set! I've got a set of Titleist sticks like those and they have a great feel. Just to make you feel a little worse because your waiting for the snow to melt, where I'm at it's 70* and cloudy but have been hitting it all winter and in two weeks I'll be in Palm Springs chasing the ball out there, so stay warm and hungry. ;-) lol


  • golfleftygolflefty Members Posts: 481 ✭✭
    So not only are you a Bulls fan, but you pick on my inferior dexterity AND torment me with beautiful weather? I don't even know how to respond.



    HA kidding aside, thanks! I agree, love the irons, hoping the new shafts will make them feel and perform even better but we'll see.



    What course(s) will you be playing in Palm Springs? Hope you're able to continue to enjoy the warm weather, hit em straight!
    Taylormade M2 9.5* Fuji Pro TS 63x
    Taylormade M3 15* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 74x
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred MC 3-P Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 54* Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred ATV 60* KBS Wedge
    Taylormade TP Soto Putter
    WITB Link
  • PigemsPigems Members Posts: 10,888 ✭✭
    Nice bag sir, love the irons. I wish I had the game to play blades, but the cb's work well on most days for me. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
    910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
    910h 20* Hybrid - S400
    712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
    SM5 51*, 55*- S300
    TVD 59* M - S300
    Studio Select NP2
  • golfleftygolflefty Members Posts: 481 ✭✭
    Pigems wrote:


    Nice bag sir, love the irons. I wish I had the game to play blades, but the cb's work well on most days for me. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />


    Thanks. I'm a fan of the CBs as well. If I were smart I'd probably play them instead too. Originally played 3-P in the MBs, but went to the CB 3 iron.... certainly made my life a whole lot easier.
    Taylormade M2 9.5* Fuji Pro TS 63x
    Taylormade M3 15* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 74x
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred MC 3-P Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 54* Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred ATV 60* KBS Wedge
    Taylormade TP Soto Putter
    WITB Link
  • PigemsPigems Members Posts: 10,888 ✭✭
    golflefty wrote:

    Pigems wrote:


    Nice bag sir, love the irons. I wish I had the game to play blades, but the cb's work well on most days for me. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />


    Thanks. I'm a fan of the CBs as well. If I were smart I'd probably play them instead too. Originally played 3-P in the MBs, but went to the CB 3 iron.... certainly made my life a whole lot easier.




    Does the TX flex on your shafts mean Triple X Flex?? If so what ss are you rocking??
    910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
    910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
    910h 20* Hybrid - S400
    712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
    SM5 51*, 55*- S300
    TVD 59* M - S300
    Studio Select NP2
  • ParadoxTheatreParadoxTheatre Members Posts: 127
    Sweet set up--I see you’re going with the old Phil Mickelson 4 wood. Interested to hear how those wedge shafts work for you.
  • bullsfanbullsfan Members Posts: 478 ✭✭
    golflefty wrote:


    So not only are you a Bulls fan, but you pick on my inferior dexterity AND torment me with beautiful weather? I don't even know how to respond.



    HA kidding aside, thanks! I agree, love the irons, hoping the new shafts will make them feel and perform even better but we'll see.



    What course(s) will you be playing in Palm Springs? Hope you're able to continue to enjoy the warm weather, hit em straight!




    Good enough and response is fine because I can't brag about being a Bulls fan lately. I didn't see you are up in Michigan. My family is all from there, Midland, and my parents got out of there just before I was born, so I've neven seen snow! Going to play PGA West after work while I'm out there, can't wait as they just finished the Humana a few weeks back and they said the course is in fantastic shape. But yes, I'm lucky to be in FLA and playing all winter, even it the bermuda grass is dormant. I will add that I'm a huge UM fan as well! GO Blue!!


  • golfleftygolflefty Members Posts: 481 ✭✭
    bullsfan wrote:

    golflefty wrote:


    So not only are you a Bulls fan, but you pick on my inferior dexterity AND torment me with beautiful weather? I don't even know how to respond.



    HA kidding aside, thanks! I agree, love the irons, hoping the new shafts will make them feel and perform even better but we'll see.



    What course(s) will you be playing in Palm Springs? Hope you're able to continue to enjoy the warm weather, hit em straight!




    Good enough and response is fine because I can't brag about being a Bulls fan lately. I didn't see you are up in Michigan. My family is all from there, Midland, and my parents got out of there just before I was born, so I've neven seen snow! Going to play PGA West after work while I'm out there, can't wait as they just finished the Humana a few weeks back and they said the course is in fantastic shape. But yes, I'm lucky to be in FLA and playing all winter, even it the bermuda grass is dormant. I will add that I'm a huge UM fan as well! GO Blue!!


    +1 on go blue! But it's been hard to watch. Small world, my wife is from Midland, her parents still live there so I'm over there quite often. Never having seen snow sounds like a glorious problem to have! So cool you'll be playing PGA West, especially this close on the heels of the Humana. Good luck and enjoy!
    Taylormade M2 9.5* Fuji Pro TS 63x
    Taylormade M3 15* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 74x
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred MC 3-P Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 54* Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred ATV 60* KBS Wedge
    Taylormade TP Soto Putter
    WITB Link
  • golfleftygolflefty Members Posts: 481 ✭✭


    Sweet set up--I see you’re going with the old Phil Mickelson 4 wood. Interested to hear how those wedge shafts work for you.


    Yea I love the 980Fs. Favorite FW they've made, just replaced my 980F 13* with the 915. Hoping to finally have some new technology I like better. I'll report back on the wedge shafts once I'm able to play around with them. Just swinging them inside I can say I really like the feel. Much more head heavy than I was used to with my old PX shafts.
    Taylormade M2 9.5* Fuji Pro TS 63x
    Taylormade M3 15* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 74x
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred MC 3-P Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 54* Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred ATV 60* KBS Wedge
    Taylormade TP Soto Putter
    WITB Link
  • golfleftygolflefty Members Posts: 481 ✭✭
    Pigems wrote:

    golflefty wrote:

    Pigems wrote:


    Nice bag sir, love the irons. I wish I had the game to play blades, but the cb's work well on most days for me. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />


    Thanks. I'm a fan of the CBs as well. If I were smart I'd probably play them instead too. Originally played 3-P in the MBs, but went to the CB 3 iron.... certainly made my life a whole lot easier.




    Does the TX flex on your shafts mean Triple X Flex?? If so what ss are you rocking??


    Stands for Tour X I believe. From what Modus 120 users have said, this model plays soft to flex so they really aren't as rebar-ish as they sound.
    Taylormade M2 9.5* Fuji Pro TS 63x
    Taylormade M3 15* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 74x
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred MC 3-P Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 54* Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred ATV 60* KBS Wedge
    Taylormade TP Soto Putter
    WITB Link
  • biglaubiglau Members Posts: 158 ✭✭
    Awesome bag, Waiting for the snow to melt here in Boston too, making me one crabby guy, I feel bad for my wife, ha.

    Good luck with the season.

    -Matt
  • golfleftygolflefty Members Posts: 481 ✭✭
    biglau wrote:


    Awesome bag, Waiting for the snow to melt here in Boston too, making me one crabby guy, I feel bad for my wife, ha.

    Good luck with the season.

    -Matt


    HA me too, I think my wife hates winter just as much as I do solely because she has to live with me thru the typical golfer's winter depression.



    Thanks, good luck to you too. Hopefully spring comes sometime soon.
    Taylormade M2 9.5* Fuji Pro TS 63x
    Taylormade M3 15* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 74x
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred MC 3-P Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 54* Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred ATV 60* KBS Wedge
    Taylormade TP Soto Putter
    WITB Link
  • golfleftygolflefty Members Posts: 481 ✭✭
    I finally received my putter back from the SC Custom Shop late last week, just in time for the first rounds played of the year this past weekend. They took longer than expected to finish the putter after they called asking what color I wanted in the face stamp, but to my surprise they made it right by overnighting it to me, without even requesting that they do so. I'm extremely happy with the finished product. I had a AOP Classic Newport restored there last winter which looked very similar to this one, but I decided I needed to go from 35" to 34" standing at a towering 5'8". Didn't want to add a bunch of tape to a beautiful resotoration so I found a beat up heavier 340g mil spec and sent it in. It rolls the ball beautifully, can't wait to get it on greens that have actually been mowed and are free and clear of aeration holes.



    A few pics:



    Taylormade M2 9.5* Fuji Pro TS 63x
    Taylormade M3 15* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 74x
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred MC 3-P Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 54* Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred ATV 60* KBS Wedge
    Taylormade TP Soto Putter
    WITB Link
  • magixmagix Members Posts: 275 ✭✭
    AWESOME bag! There's not one thing I don't love about it OP!
    Taylormade M2 9.5* HZRDUS T1100 6.0
    Taylormade M2 15* Veylix Rome 888
    Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 Tour 17.5* Oban Devotion 8 (04)
    Titleist 818 H1 4H, Titleist 913 5H
    Titleist 718 MB 6-PW with PX 6.0
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 56*, 60*
    Bettinardi Queen B #8
  • short and straightshort and straight Members Posts: 179
    Beautiful putter
    Jetspeed Driver, 16.5 deg. 3 wood, 22 hybrid
    Rocketbladez 4-A wedge
    ATV 56 and 60 degree wedge
    Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (2010)
  • golfleftygolflefty Members Posts: 481 ✭✭
    magix wrote:


    AWESOME bag! There's not one thing I don't love about it OP!


    Thanks, I'm a big fan of your WITB as well. I wish I wasn't so OCD and dared to mix up OEMs, based solely on what performed best for me, but I just can't get myself to do it. Maybe next year right?
    Taylormade M2 9.5* Fuji Pro TS 63x
    Taylormade M3 15* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 74x
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred MC 3-P Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 54* Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred ATV 60* KBS Wedge
    Taylormade TP Soto Putter
    WITB Link
  • linkerpanlinkerpan ClubWRX Posts: 1,429 ✭✭
    edited Apr 10, 2015 #21
    Really nice bag, for sure. Did you ask for the black finish or isn't scotty offering the mill spec finish anymore? Does it has any additional milling?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
    Tee EX10 Beta 13, 18. Hzrdus Yellow, Accra 300F
    M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
    M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
    P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
    Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
    Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350
    Snell MTB balls
    Bushnell V2 range finder
    Ping Pioneer Cart Bag
    UA Storm Stand bag

    WITB Link
  • golfleftygolflefty Members Posts: 481 ✭✭
    linkerpan wrote:
    Really nice bag, for sure. Did you ask for the black finish or isn't scotty offering the mill spec finish anymore? Does it has any additional milling?




    Thanks! Yea I wanted the black finish, always preferred it for whatever reason. But yes they still do offer a pro platinum finish. They did remill the face as well. Really happy with the way it turned out. Only complaint would be some early wear to the towline. Not sure what's causing it, I'm overly, OCD like, careful with it to protect the finish. Can't explain what's causing it, but I didn't have the same issue with bs previous Scotty Custom Shop black finish when they were using the retired black oxide.
    Taylormade M2 9.5* Fuji Pro TS 63x
    Taylormade M3 15* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 74x
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred MC 3-P Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 54* Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred ATV 60* KBS Wedge
    Taylormade TP Soto Putter
    WITB Link
  • linkerpanlinkerpan ClubWRX Posts: 1,429 ✭✭
    golflefty wrote:

    linkerpan wrote:
    Really nice bag, for sure. Did you ask for the black finish or isn't scotty offering the mill spec finish anymore? Does it has any additional milling?




    Thanks! Yea I wanted the black finish, always preferred it for whatever reason. But yes they still do offer a pro platinum finish. They did remill the face as well. Really happy with the way it turned out. Only complaint would be some early wear to the towline. Not sure what's causing it, I'm overly, OCD like, careful with it to protect the finish. Can't explain what's causing it, but I didn't have the same issue with bs previous Scotty Custom Shop black finish when they were using the retired black oxide.


    Google a pic of Spieth's putter, I like the "character" oxide and use give them.
    Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
    Tee EX10 Beta 13, 18. Hzrdus Yellow, Accra 300F
    M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
    M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
    P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
    Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
    Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350
    Snell MTB balls
    Bushnell V2 range finder
    Ping Pioneer Cart Bag
    UA Storm Stand bag

    WITB Link
  • ArchitectArchitect Members Posts: 899
    Top down I love your bag. Sweet putter!
    Ping G30 10.5 Driver Tour 80 75g S
    Ping G30 5-wood TFC 419F 57g S
    Ping i25 3-UW irons KBS Tour S
    Ping Gorge 54SS, 58SS KBS Tour S
    Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, ProV1X
    WITB Link
  • IllestIllest Geaux Golf Banned Posts: 1,484
    Fantastic bag!



    Love the entire set-up.
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Titleist 910D3 Tour AD-DI
    Titleist 910F 19* Project X
    Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW KBS Tour-V
    Titleist SM5 50*F/54*M/58*K KBS Tour
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport[/font]
  • golfleftygolflefty Members Posts: 481 ✭✭
    Architect wrote:


    Top down I love your bag. Sweet putter!




    Thanks, we'll see how long it all stays but the putter won't be going anywhere any time soon.
    Taylormade M2 9.5* Fuji Pro TS 63x
    Taylormade M3 15* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 74x
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred MC 3-P Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 54* Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred ATV 60* KBS Wedge
    Taylormade TP Soto Putter
    WITB Link
  • golfleftygolflefty Members Posts: 481 ✭✭
    Illest wrote:


    Fantastic bag!



    Love the entire set-up.




    I appreciate it. I'm testing a few additions this week (if the weather allows it), I'll be updating my post if anything changes.
    Taylormade M2 9.5* Fuji Pro TS 63x
    Taylormade M3 15* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 74x
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred MC 3-P Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 54* Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred ATV 60* KBS Wedge
    Taylormade TP Soto Putter
    WITB Link
  • golfleftygolflefty Members Posts: 481 ✭✭
    Alright so I'm making a few changes to the bag and am adding some pictures. Recently found a steal of a deal on a set of MP32s, 3-P, and I'm going to put them in play. I gave up a set almost 10 years ago now, and have missed them dearly ever since. Played a number of different sets of Titleists in the meantime and have had no complaints, but you never forget the feel of a Mizuno. Thanks to a fellow WRX member, I was also able to get my hands on a set of Modus 125 at a good price, which seem to be a much better fit for me over the 120. Dispersion and spin were higher than I'd like with the 120, but the 125 looks to decrease both significantly for me. Have been testing in in the 6 and 9 irons all week, shafted up the rest last night and looking forward to getting the full set out on the course this weekend.



    I spent last weekend "satinizing" the 32s myself, they turned out quite well for the most part. I found it hard be consistant with the finish through the set, being used clubs. Obviously every club isn't going to show the exact same amount of wear, some needed more work than others. With this being my first time it was hard to gauge how much to go at each, so I'm sure I'll be doing some touch up work in the future once I see them all outside in the bright sunlight. I added a pic of the finished 9 iron below. I'm also considering a paint fill makeover, but I can't decide on a color and haven't found a nail polish in the wife's collection I'm thrilled with.





    I've also benched the 980F 4/5 wood (17* but cut down to almost hybrid length to fit the 3w/3i gap) in favor of the 712U 2 iron. Still love the 980 and won't be getting rid of it any time soon, but have a lot more use for a 2 iron at my home course.



    Last update for now was a switch from the Nippon wv125 to the Modus 125wedge shaft in my lob wedge. Played with the wv125 for a few weeks but to be honest, I didn't care for it. Didn't have the smooooooth Modus feel for me. I've played with the Modus wedge shaft for about 3 weeks now, and it's a huge improvement for me. Feel is much smoother, and I'm able to keep the flight down with it on fuller shots easier than I was the wv.



    Taylormade M2 9.5* Fuji Pro TS 63x
    Taylormade M3 15* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 74x
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred MC 3-P Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 54* Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred ATV 60* KBS Wedge
    Taylormade TP Soto Putter
    WITB Link
  • golfleftygolflefty Members Posts: 481 ✭✭
    Shafts are set, grips were installed last night, and I was able to get out and hit the rest of the set on the range today. I'm loving the new setup so far. I'll wait to report on performance until I've had them out on the course a number of times. Initial impressions are very good though.



    Taylormade M2 9.5* Fuji Pro TS 63x
    Taylormade M3 15* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 74x
    Taylormade SLDR 19* Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred MC 3-P Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 54* Modus 125x
    Taylormade Tour Preferred ATV 60* KBS Wedge
    Taylormade TP Soto Putter
    WITB Link
  • drbonesvtdrbonesvt ClubWRX Posts: 8,107 ClubWRX
    High Quality bag there - whats the setting on your woods
    M5 9* MRC PRO-W 70TX 
    M5 15* MRC PRO-O 80TX 
    Titleist 2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)
    Titleist MB 716 3-PW (48* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1)
    54* Wedge Works V grind & 60* Wedge Works M grind - Tour Issue S400
    Bettinardi BB8 Trisole or Toulon San Diego
    Zcords ,all woods & 2i hot melted, Ping Hoofer 
  • kg92leftykg92lefty Members Posts: 2,331 ✭✭
    Amazing bag! I really like that they are doing the black finish for lefties.
Sign In or Register to comment.