Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Best Scotty Cameron ever made???

DeanProHibboDeanProHibbo Members Posts: 18
There's so many to choose from but what is the best ever Scotty Cameron they have made? And why? Just interested to see your opinions. Personally for me, it's the TeI3 Newport 2, mmmm tasty!
Dunlop 65i Driver
Donnay Pro One 3 Wood
Fila Irons 3-SW
Spin Doctor 60*
Bullseye Putter

Comments

• PZeroPZero Members Posts: 11,550 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
    Titleist 913F 15°
    TM R9 19°
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
    Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
    Studio Select Newport
  • ThrillhouseThrillhouse EVERYTHING'S COMING UP THRILLHOUSE! Members Posts: 11,165 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Mar 4, 2015 #3
    My favourite is the original terillium just like you posted. Mine is refinished and lives in my office, it has a lot of sentimental value.

But my vote for the "best ever made" were the original "the art of putting" ones that I believe (I might be mistaken) were contracted out and milled by bettinardi. Maybe one of the experts here can confirm or deny this.

And of course if we include circle t and tour Camerons this is probably a different conversation.
  • DeanProHibboDeanProHibbo Members Posts: 18

My favourite is the original terillium just like you posted. Mine is refinished and lives in my office, it has a lot of sentimental value.

But my vote for the "best ever made" we're the original "the art of putting" ones that I believe (I might be mistaken) were contracted out and milled by bettinardi. Maybe one of the experts here can confirm or deny this.

And of course if we include circle t and tour Camerons this is probably a different conversation.

Yeah I love mine, it has sentimental value to, daren't use it! Lol. You can't beat a good circle t thou like you say image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Dunlop 65i Driver
    Donnay Pro One 3 Wood
    Fila Irons 3-SW
    Spin Doctor 60*
    Bullseye Putter
  • KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGEKILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE 300 YARD DRAWS AND 10 LB HOOKS! Members Posts: 4,524
    Hands down Tiger's 13 time Major winning Cameron.

Hands down Tiger's 13 time Major winning Cameron.

Yep, that's a winner, cannot compete with that one!
    Dunlop 65i Driver
    Donnay Pro One 3 Wood
    Fila Irons 3-SW
    Spin Doctor 60*
    Bullseye Putter
  • KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGEKILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE 300 YARD DRAWS AND 10 LB HOOKS! Members Posts: 4,524
    edited Mar 5, 2015 #7

But my vote for the "best ever made" we're the original "the art of putting" ones that I believe (I might be mistaken) were contracted out and milled by bettinardi. Maybe one of the experts here can confirm or deny this.

My son owns a 1999 Newport AOP 350/33 that was milled by Bettinardi and then further customized by Cameron with the addition of a tour dot on the face and two jumbo drilled dots inside a soiid cavity.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • cdnrockiescdnrockies Members Posts: 1,519 ✭✭
    Pretty partial to this one.
    cdnrockies wrote:

Pretty partial to this one.

Wow!! image/ohmy.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />
    Dunlop 65i Driver
    Donnay Pro One 3 Wood
    Fila Irons 3-SW
    Spin Doctor 60*
    Bullseye Putter
  • T-MACT-MAC Members Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking OTR putters or anything goes? There are a lot of sick handmades, Damascus, nicely stamped 009's, etc to choose from, but if we're talking putters made for retail I'd have to go with the original oil can Newports, the TeI3's, or the Mil Spec line.
  • titleistfan14titleistfan14 Members Posts: 466
    I would say putterho BBC is my favorite
  • justasgoodjustasgood Without Tempo, you are just a hacker. Members Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Mar 4, 2015 #13
    ^ well, someone had to be that guy I guess haha

OTR, the TeI3. Tour, the 009.
  • Etiger83Etiger83 Members Posts: 1,339 ✭✭
    And there it is^
  • justasgoodjustasgood Without Tempo, you are just a hacker. Members Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Scotty1140 wrote:

^ well, someone had to be that guy I guess haha

OTR, the TeI3. Tour, the 009.

I figured I'd beat the haters..... I have a dozen Camaroons and I think the best is the Detour Newport .

The AOP line is my favorite.
  • AUTIGER07AUTIGER07 Just lost $1K on a putt Members Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    AOP hands down. My dad has one of the 1994 originals as well and the OTR Cameron's of the past 10 years don't compare at all to the quality and feel of those mid-90s versions.
    915D3 8.5 D70X *B1*
    915F 16.5 D80X *C1*
    915Hd 20.5 D90X *C1*
    MP4 4-9 C-Taper X
    VR Forged 47 / 51 / 55 / 59
    Black Lab BL-7
  • T-MACT-MAC Members Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    AUTIGER07 wrote:

AOP hands down. My dad has one of the 1994 originals as well and the OTR Cameron's of the past 10 years don't compare at all to the quality and feel of those mid-90s versions.

Agree.

The carbon line of putters in the 1990's and early 2000's were beautiful pieces, felt like butter, and gave Cameron the name he has today.

-And I don't mean changing from Don to Scotty. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
  • cdnrockiescdnrockies Members Posts: 1,519 ✭✭
    AUTIGER07 wrote:

image/yahoo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yahoo:' />
  • FlagrantFlagrant Members Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Mar 6, 2015 #19
    My vote for best cameron of all time is the Camico Chromatic bronze scotty made for Rors!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Taylormade M5 Graphite design AD GP 6
    Titleist 917 F3 GD AD DI 7
    Titleist 716 CB 3-9 Dynamic gold Tour issue S400
    Titleist SM7 Raw Vokey 46.50.54.60 DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron Tour rat concept 1 Murdered

IG _Flagrant
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,894 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    my pick is biased of course (whos isn't) but my pick would be the 33/350G AOP oilcan newports..... Best feeling putter made until the last couple years when several custom putter makers have duplicated that heavy carbon feel... For years though the only putter that had that dead soft heavy feel was a 350G carbon Newport... not even some of the Circle T putters feel that good... you roll a balata ball off the sweetspot of a 33/350 oilcan and you literally don't feel the ball leave the face...
    Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  4-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  50  54 60 s400
    Spider X Tour Armlock.  42 inch with jumbo max 17 inch  grip.   

• mrrelish1mrrelish1 Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
    napa napa napa 1996 special issue copper or the 2004 holiday edition you pick...
  • bjacksonbjackson Win The Day Marshals Posts: 5,689 mod
    My first Cameron was a Pro Platinum Newport Mil-Spec, 34" 340g. I now own four Camerons, all Newport variants (Gun Blue Classic, Oil Can Oval Track, Studio Stainless Newport Beach 340g), and the Mil-Spec is still my favorite.
  • CrpcaverCrpcaver Members Posts: 422 ✭✭
    I'm partial to the Santa Fe's. I have a 97, 98 and a 1st gen TEI3
    Titleist 917D2 9.5 Fujikura Tour Spec Atmos, US Open edition (14 of 117)
    Titleist 917F2 15 lueboard
    Titleist 816 H2 21 Adilla NV 75
    Titleist 816 H1 25 Blueboard Kai'il 75
    Titleist 716 AP2 irons Aerotech Steelfiber 110 shafts
    Club Nut Vanilla wedges 50/5, 54/8 & 58/12 , Steelfiber 125
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5R w/ Welded flow neck
  • nitramnitram Take Dead Aim Members Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    TeI3 Santa Fe is my favorite OTR although the Mil-Spec is a terrific putter, especially for the money.
    JBeam BM-435 Blackout 9* Accra Tour-Z RPG 352
    TEE CBX 15* Accra Tour-Z RPG 382
    Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 19* Veylix Rome 988X
    PING S55 4-9 DGTI X100
    Callaway MD4 Raw 46S, 52S, 56W, 60C DGTI 115
    Bettinardi Tour DASS Minovai 2.0
  • afrodandtmafrodandtm Members Posts: 121
    I've always liked the California Monterey 1.5. Smooth lines and great feel
  • thatboygaulethatboygaule IG- RichardGaule Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,637
    Any sort of 009
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 913D2 8.75* w/ Diamana Blue S[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 913F 16.5* w/ Diamana Blue S[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping Anser 20* w/ TCF 800 s[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron w/ KBS C TAPER LITE X
    Mizuno MP5 4-PW w/ KBS C TAPER LITE X
    Titleist SM6 52* KBS TOUR 90 S
    Titleist SM6 58* STOCK
    Odyssey #7[/font]
  • qforeqfore Members Posts: 89
    Little out in left field but the Kombi S.
  • Mikey TownMikey Town Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭
    Always been a big fan of the Oil Can line... I have a beat up old Newport 2, and it's never going anywhere (other than to the custom shop or BOS for a refinish).
    TaylorMade Driver
    Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
    Bridgestone Irons
    Vokey Wedges
    Byron Morgan Putter(s)
    WITB Link
  • lerm1224lerm1224 Members Posts: 318
    I'm partial to my scotty. I love this thing.

• golfluvzmegolfluvzme Members Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    My vote goes for the Oval Track Oil Can Newport. Not sure on the year, any more, but it was the best feeling putter I had ever rolled, for a very long time.

LaMont in AZ
  • scratchswingerscratchswinger Members Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigers - End Thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file