***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Golfing everyday?

124»

Comments

• GhostwedgeGhostwedge Members  710WRX Points: 98Handicap: 8.0Posts: 710 Golden Tee

I play 300 days a year ( weather screws me the other 65 ) walk most rds.
    Golf is a helluva drug, if i go more than 2 days without teeing it up things get cranky.
    Other than family, there is nothing i enjoy more than watching a well-struck shot, especially from friends or playing partners.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BobaDefettBobaDefett Members  52WRX Points: 29Posts: 52 Bunkers

I play everyday. I got a part time job at my course so I get to play for free. I am a stay at home dad who just finished my degree. (Last classes ended Dec 23). Now that my degree is finished I'll actually have to go out and find work again, which is really going to get in the way of playing. It's a sad time.

Posted:
  • ttttttt1432ttttttt1432 Members  22WRX Points: 16Posts: 22 Bunkers

I play 4-5 times a week in the summer - mostly a quick 9 after work. I can't imagine playing everyday.

Posted:
  • meliason_14meliason_14 Members  28WRX Points: 32Posts: 28 Bunkers

Love playing less than 9 holes after 9-5 job in summer

Posted:
  • Metzexpress4Metzexpress4 Members  97WRX Points: 62Handicap: 9.6Posts: 97 Fairways

I played with a guy a handful of times that was a bartender at the course and a little more than part time as a equipment rep for Mizuno. Played as much as he wanted and would shower and go to work.

Posted:
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 - Aldila Rogue-Silver, Stiff 69g
    Cobra King F9 Speedback 3w - Project X Hzdrus Smoke 60, Stiff, 70g
    Titleist 818 H1 19* - Tensei Pro Blue, Stiff. 72g
    Titleist 818 H1 21* - Tensei Pro Blue, Stiff, 72g
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged - KBS C Taper, Stiff, 120g - 5i-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM8 52* 56* 60*
    Kenny Giannini - G-4 No Neck, 34in w/ Superstroke Slim 3.0
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members  23810WRX Points: 7,670Posts: 23,810 Titanium Tees

Last day at work was October 17th. I've played 64 rounds, including 54 rounds on 54 different courses in the last 10 weeks. Not quite everyday, but Monday through Friday for the most part. It's taken a bit of toll on my back, but I'm still enjoying it. I've walked 75% of the rounds, so I have the added benefit of losing 20 lbs since I left work. I'll continue on this pace through early March, and then I have to take some days off to get my condo ready to sell. After that, I'm hoping to be on the course five days a week again.

Posted:
    • Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
    • TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
    • Ping G400 7wd 20.5 - Alta CB 65 Stiff 43"
    • Ping G400 9wd 23.5 - Alta CB 65 Stiff
    • Ping G400 26 and 30 hybrids - Alta CB 70 Stiff
    • Ping i200 7-P (2 Deg Weak) Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - True Temper X95 S300
    • Ping Glide 2.0 52 SS, 56 WS, and 60 WS AWT 2.0 Wedge
    • Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • golfwavegolfwave Members  13WRX Points: 7Posts: 13 Bunkers

I'm interested enough in golf where I would love to golf every day. However, one of the things I enjoy most about golf is playing with family and friends. I just couldn't get somebody I'd want to golf with to go with me every day.

I've started turning golf into a second job (hopefully) with Golf Treasury in addition to a hobby. This helps satisfy my golf interests so I don't feel the need to play every day.

Posted:
    Post edited by golfwave on
  • oppaoppa Members  1WRX Points: 6Posts: 1 Starters

Actually that guy was me,

I was 55 years old at that time. And retired from my teacher's job after 25years.

Secret is when you playing and love GOLF every day,

You look lot younger then your real age.

Anyway please forget the numbers, especially others age.

Let's get along in this fantastic golf course.

Thank You.

Posted:
  • RoejyeRoejye Members  140WRX Points: 64Handicap: 19.4Posts: 140 Fairways

I play at least 4 times a week health and weather permitting. I used to play 6 times a week this year when my dad was furloughed. We're members and I have a very set work schedule.

Posted:
  • PhiresidePhireside Members  1385WRX Points: 185Posts: 1,385 Platinum Tees

The more I play the worse I get.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.