Ball markings

golfguru172golfguru172 Members Posts: 4
edited Sep 13, 2007 in Golf Balls #1
whats a sweet way to mark your ball?
how do you guys mark your ball? because whenever i pull out a new ball i daont really just wanna pu a dot on it.

Comments

• RunOfTheDillRunOfTheDill Members Posts: 644
    done before but ill do it for you. Last letter in titelist i place a dot above inside a dimple and below one.
    Driver - Callaway XR16 10.5
    3 Wood - Callaway XR16 15
    Hybrid - Callaway XROS(16) 19
    Irons - Ping I10 3-PW
    Gap Wedge - Titleist Vokey SM7 50.12 F
    Sand Wedge - Titleist Vokey SM7 54.10 S
    Lob Wedge - Callaway PM Grind 60.10
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Squareback
  • belotebelote Members Posts: 750
    i do a dot in the dimple between the oem logo and the number, but I do like the four leaf clover (4 dots and a line) opposite from the logo. (darren clarke)
  • bloodredsunbloodredsun Charter Members Posts: 1,831
    Using a red sharpie, I colour in one dimple and then draw 6 lines radiating away from the central dot and that gives you a blood red sun like my nickname!
  • whateverwhatever Members Posts: 187
    I use a hot pink sharpie (not too many other people have this color) and draw a stick figure, then give it hair using a green sharpie.

At least this week.
  • spinningwedgespinningwedge Members Posts: 210
    Three little red dots below Titleist and to the left of the number
  • foreplaygolferforeplaygolfer Members Posts: 85
    i initial mine with a red marker with KIS for KEEP IT SIMPLE!

also i put a smiley face on it using the number as a nose!!

happy markings!

fpg
  • Sam-Tee-TimeSam-Tee-Time Members Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    there's a few old threads about this. Here's mine int he picture - 3 dots, and a Dash, which is Morse Code for my Initials "S.T."

I find quite a few balls on one area of my home course, and I'll admit there are some VERY creative ones sometimes.

Golfballmark1.jpg
  • MiloMilo ClubWRX Posts: 1,635
    First initials of the names of my wife and daughter. And a putting line.
  • mat562mat562 My ex had an irrational phobia of salad cream. Honestly. Members Posts: 10,947 ✭✭
    edited Sep 14, 2007 #10
    For a long time, I had a pic of my ex on there.

Nowadays I just put a stylised St Piran's flag on there as my father is Cornish. I tried a Norwegian flag (my mother is Tromso-born) but it was a bit fiddly. Cornish flag is easy to draw....

Before anyone asks, I'm NOT happily divorced from Charlie Hoffman....

I played Titleists for years and used to fill in (in green) the bights in the script on the 'L' and the 'S'
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • nyhackernyhacker Members Posts: 252
    I only play nike ones and put a tiger stamp on them.
  • mrbmrb Posts: 506
    Just like the commercial, 1 dot for '1's, 2 dots for '2's, etc....
  • hobbeshobbes Members Posts: 385
    I seldomly mark my ball, but when I do I usually just write something funny on it. "****" using dimples and two lines is common.
  • Ogre41Ogre41 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭
    I used to write Eat Me on my golf balls (for what I wanted the hole to do)but lately I moved on to an American Flag, but since I switched to the Noodle Ice (for now) I really don't see a need to mark them. Nobody wants to play my ball! image/huh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Cobra Bio Cell Slime Green (currently has a Black Tie 80s in it, that may be a poor choice)
    Ping Rapture 14 Stiff
    Nike Pro Combo 20 or Ladies Bio Cell 3 Iron with stock Graphite Stiff
    Cobra Bio Cell 4-PW Stock Graphite S
    TM ATV 54
    Cally Sureout 58
    Odyseey 2 Ball or Odyssey Versa White #1 Wide
    Titleist Velocity or DT Trusoft
  • oregongolforegongolf Lefty Boomers Posts: 8,566 ✭✭
    i put six small dots around the number of the ball and draw a line on the seem (or lack thereof).
  • Konakid67Konakid67 Members Posts: 603
    edited Sep 14, 2007 #16
    I put 4 dots on their in different color sharpies, similar to the back of a Scotty newport. How many people will have that design let alone the same colors out of a sharpie packet. My dots are small though next to the number, I do not fill in the entire dimple

Kevin

99ac_2.JPG
  • pmcg no.6pmcg no.6 Members Posts: 235
    I currently play D2 Feels and color in the crosshairs on the alignment aide with a red Sharpie.
  • Viking Golfer Viking Golfer Viking Golfer hitting IRON! ClubWRX Posts: 4,141
    Red circle around the ball number - on both sides of the ball.

Easy, fast and recognizable image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
  • BEND OF THE RIVER GCBEND OF THE RIVER GC Charter Members Posts: 6,559
    I used to hate having to mark up my golf ball...BUT lately I could care less. My 4 year old found the Sharpie in my bag and took it upon himself to try and write his name on about 30 golf balls....thought it was funny and now I allow him to do all my golf balls....plus it bothers others that find my expensive, LOST golf balls! image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    TM M1 Kurokage shaft
    TM RBZ 3 wood stock Ozik shaft
    TM R11 4 wood Fujikura Rombax 6X07
    TM RBZ with Oban Revenge shaft
    Ping G irons 4-UW
    Nike VR 56*
    Nike VR 60*
    Black Lab oil can 350g custom grind by Geo
    Ping 4 Under carry bag
  • Swingtheclub  Swingtheclub Members Posts: 3,752
    Mine has kind of involved I have now in my bag a black and a blue sharpie. I put two blue dots and two black dots on one side of the ball

On the otherside I put three lines two black and a blue or two blue and a black.

Ken
  • The Big GThe Big G Members Posts: 76
    edited Sep 15, 2007 #21
    I block out the number using a black sharpie on both sides of the ball, and put a line over where it says ProV1X. Ive never had anyone hit my ball since doing this.

My father used to draw smiley faces on his, except when we played foresomes cause i use to find that looking at the smiley face after you hit a bad shot was infuriating.

One of my mates after having his ball hit by someone else 2 weeks in a row wrote f#ck off on it, we then referred to his ball as a f#ck off whatever number he was playing, it seemed to work for him. I don't think anyone hit his ball after that, now he marks them differently though.
  • sync71sync71 Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,534
    Either a red, teal, or black sharpie line...just depends what I feel like doing.
  • laxr24laxr24 Posts: 180
    I write a little dash next to the number, on the left. ex. titleist -1, or one under
  • emcemc Jr. Boomers Posts: 987
    Normally I'll have a red dot and green dot either side of the number and a shamrock by the ProV/HX Tour line. Green is for being Irish, red for being Corkonian
  • ddaydday Members Posts: 105
    I used to use my football number 77 above the logo but people kept thinking it said LL on it so I switched to D3 for my initials. I need something more creative.
  • raidernut1234raidernut1234 Raidernut1234 Members Posts: 1,823
    line using an alignement thingamajiggy, then either my initial "R". If i'm playing a tournament the initials SM, to remind me of a goof friend who passed away in 2005, to remind me that this is only a game we play, & don't take it to serious, because he always had fun on the course.
  • d0nd0n Members Posts: 688
    I buy NXT logo overruns so they are pre-marked for me. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • stevestrikestevestrike Members Posts: 1,956
    Please call if found...
  • crew_138crew_138 Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,337
    Claus wrote on Sep 14 2007, 05:34 PM:
    Red circle around the ball number - on both sides of the ball.

Easy, fast and recognizable image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Seriously... I have seen this some much it's like naming the ball John Smith.

But it is what it is.
  • ynotynot Members Posts: 29
    i used to mark my ball with ynot, but after hearing that some one used it in the

masters. I now mark the ball BLV "believe" last thing i look at before palcing the ball

on the tee.
  • 3 green dots and line from the middle to make a shamrock. Saw Darren Clarke do this and thought it was a cool idea.