Ball markings

Comments

• loulouloulou Members Posts: 190
    edited Sep 20, 2007 #32
    I give mine to my niece to decorate, the only problem is that sometimes she gets a little too carried away and I get a few back that are solid colors so those go in the shag bag.
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members Posts: 3,801 ✭✭
    edited Sep 20, 2007 #33
    EXtra fine point Sharpie pen, write different numbers on a new sleeve of balls.

Inside a larger dimple close to the logo on both sides, different numbers to be ID should I need to hit a provisional, also ID the one that I used already.

It's easy to do and yes, you could see the marking well and last the live spam of the ball.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • beereyebeereye Members Posts: 104
    i draw a big star over the logo and number of mine. i play muni's most of the time and i find that people are less likely to take your ball if they cant see the logo clearly.
  • WildcatCoachWildcatCoach We cannot run from who we are. Our destiny chooses us. Members Posts: 192
    As soon as I got good enough that I stopped losing balls, I stopped marking them.

I did find a rather interesting "mark" last week at my course. While walking from my cart to the green, I saw a Pro V1 X in the rough. When I picked it up, I noticed it had a drawing of a large wanger with a pretty good sized set of balls. I got a good laugh out of it, and an even bigger laugh when the teenage girl came and informed me it was hers.

Needless to say, she was awfully red in the face.
  • pro11acepro11ace Jr. Boomers Posts: 506
    i just mark mine with a black or green dot on the other side of the "Bridgewater" logo of my balls. My friend had a cool mark where he put 3 green dots then a stem looking thing for a clover.
  • EzgolferEzgolfer Members Posts: 3,162 ✭✭
    I would love to have a buffalo on the ball like Sergio Garcia . Any idea about how that can be done .Stencil or something like that .
  • magee99magee99 My little Boy - Nathaniel Lincoln - Born 9/26/2006 Members Posts: 800
    WildcatCoach wrote on Sep 21 2007, 01:31 PM:
    As soon as I got good enough that I stopped losing balls, I stopped marking them.

I did find a rather interesting "mark" last week at my course. While walking from my cart to the green, I saw a Pro V1 X in the rough. When I picked it up, I noticed it had a drawing of a large wanger with a pretty good sized set of balls. I got a good laugh out of it, and an even bigger laugh when the teenage girl came and informed me it was hers.

Needless to say, she was awfully red in the face.

I guess if she can hit an 'X' she can draw whatever she wants to on it!
  • DanZDanZ Members Posts: 220
    I write my first and last initial in a big a letter as will fit on the ball in the white space between the name/number parts. I didn't use to mark but now I figure it annoys anyone who finds my rarely lost balls.
  • Bogeyman82Bogeyman82 Member Members Posts: 478
    I didn't know that people put that much thought into marking their balls. I just put an "R" on them somewhere because my name is Ryan. I figure that the odds are pretty slim that someone will be playing the same ball, with the same marking, in close enough proximity to hit my ball.
  • dizzydogdizzydog Members Posts: 272
    I switched to the White Noodle Ice balls and dont need to mark them. They stick out pretty good and are easy to find. Love em!
  • etime80etime80 Members Posts: 22
    I mark mine with a pink sharpie by copying over the titleist logo and adding LNK (girlfriends initials) under the pro v1x alignment aid. Looks pretty cool and no one else really uses pink. image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • scall1968scall1968 Members Posts: 101 ✭✭
    golfguru172 wrote on Sep 13 2007, 09:47 PM:
    how do you guys mark your ball? because whenever i pull out a new ball i daont really just wanna pu a dot on it.

I stole this from Darren Clarke, I mark my ball with a green shamrock.
  • TwoFoursTwoFours Members Posts: 168
    I mark it with an XLIV. Means 44 in roman numerals which is my old basbeall number and birthday (april 4th)
  • sanddog28sanddog28 ClubWRX Posts: 308
    I make sure to get number 3 balls and add a 1 in front of the 3 on both sides of the ball, it has always been my number... never worried about the superstition thing and being an army brat moving frequently I was 99% sure that my number would always be free
  • oregongolforegongolf Lefty Boomers Posts: 8,566 ✭✭
    I've always marked mine like this

• fussternutfussternut Members Posts: 36
    i simply write "mine not yours" =)
  • mcheppmchepp Members Posts: 181
    I write my initials above the logo. Not very creative, I know.
  • BENNYSUPREMEBENNYSUPREME Members Posts: 2,462
    does any one just put a straight line on it.

best one i have found is, i'm not lost

i'm just hiding image/huh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' />
    JDM TMade SLDR set @ 11.5* w/Speeder 757
    Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
    Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
    Adams MB2 5-GW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
    Machine M6 Inspirer
    50*/54*/58* Satin Puglielli wedge kbs tourS
    WITB Link
  • XtaclesXtacles Members Posts: 1
    edited Mar 30, 2008 #50
    well i'm an IT major so I use a bit of computer on my mark, html coding. <> </>

I've never seen this copied. In html it means start action: < > and then stop action: </ >

and yes i do play precept laddies
  • silliwillisilliwilli Members Posts: 1,696
    I colour in the O in Taylor Made with a red marker and draw a straight alignment line over the red tp marking on the side!
  • VolgolferVolgolfer Members Posts: 475 ✭✭
    I've been coloring in the "T" on the Taylormade balls in Orange...
    Srixon Z585 4 & 5
    Srixon Z 785 6 - P
    Mizuno T 56/58/60
    Cobra LTD 10.5
    Titleist 909 3w & 5w
    Taylormade Spider
    Snell MTB
  • mjc694mjc694 Members Posts: 655
    i, too, use the clover, but i place it between the titleist, and the number, and i make the clover in orange. My dad had been marking his ball with a green one for about 20 years, and i wanted to copy him, and be different at the same time. Saw the darren clarke witb a few years ago, and immediately emailed it to my father.

seems, from reading this thread, we arent that different after all.
  • BFCBFC Lefty Boomers Posts: 589
    I line over the HX Tour for aligment and fill in the "V" logo with what ever color sharpie is handy.
  • skyball11skyball11 Members Posts: 41
    pmcg no.6 wrote on Sep 14 2007, 11&#58;40 AM:
    I currently play D2 Feels and color in the crosshairs on the alignment aide with a red Sharpie.

Just did this with a box last week.
  • perlguy9perlguy9 Members Posts: 8
    Green dot right of the number, silver dot left. (I love those silver sharpies)
  • Veritas Veritas Members Posts: 629
    I finish off the Nike symbol into an R for my first name.
  • golferallangolferallan Members Posts: 271
    i used to put a finnish flag on the opposite side of Prov1x in blue obviously... just recently put two dots on the sides of the numbers on both sides example •4•
  • kblakeney35kblakeney35 Jr. Boomers Posts: 937
    edited Apr 15, 2008 #59
    laxr24 wrote on Sep 15 2007, 07&#58;59 PM:
    I write a little dash next to the number, on the left. ex. titleist -1, or one under

i like that one image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' /> im gonna have to start using high numbers lol
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GolfTitanGolfTitan Members Posts: 497 ✭✭
    I black out the number and put "X"'s on each side of the number
  • BluesDriveBluesDrive Members Posts: 285
    anybody see the titleist commercial and the kangaroo? That's a pretty awesome marking, I might start doing that.

When I do mark my balls, it's usually just me making a small drawing on the blank parts of the ball, but I'm thinking of switching to that kangaroo, or maybe drawing a turtle or a rabbit or something.