Jason Smith aka X2Gatorman Information

Gxgolfer

Please put all information here
Please put all information related to Jason Smith here. Please do not put info here unless you are 100% sure of your information. We know there is alot of frustration out there but, please only the "facts". Hopefully this will help new users on what you should do when buying from BST ads and what to look out for.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JASON SMITH XGATOR2bman ALERT

Name: damafia

IP: 205.188.116.6

Hostname: cache-dtc-aa02.proxy.aol.com

Email: [email protected]

Other possible "names" he goes by are...

XGATOR2bman

damafia

WCgolfer

golfman3732

golfgoof27

golfgoof66

titleistpro26

flowpro35

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

Never dealt with the guy ^^^^^^^^^^

.................But i know people like this need stopping.His name is being banded around every golf forum on the net.Heres a whole collection of some info i found:

[redacted]

PayPal: [email protected] + [email protected] + [email protected]

Yahoo: financemgr252004

Charles Smith or Jason Smith

Lisa Battaglia

[redacted]

PayPal: [email protected] + [email protected] + [email protected]

TommyBoy27

Hope some of this info and a picture of the offending idiot helps just one person.

If some of you out there dont know he's ripping of probably hundreds of people on both buying AND selling golf gear.

DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES !!!!!!!!!!!

**********MODS: Make this thread a "sticky" ??????????

Regards sevenfourate

I removed the picture unless someone can provide evidence that it is really him.

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
PING  ZING2 Irons (4-PW) - Black Lie angle - JZ Stiff
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) DG Pro: S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg 

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

Regards "Shuv" : sevenfourate's WITB LINK (Click right here):

Please put all information related to Jason Smith here.  Please do not put info here unless you are 100% sure of your information.  We know there is alot of frustration out there but, please only the "facts". Hopefully this will help new users on what you should do when buying from BST ads and what to look out for.

68286[/snapback]

For those of us who don't know what this is about, what is this about? :tongue:

All the info here looks correct except the name "snaphook". Snaphook is NOT Jason Smith, it's a completely different person.

Also, has anyone who's been ripped off by XGATOR done anything about it?? I know for a fact Jason is still out there doing deals with people through PM's and emails. Just curious if the law is EVER going to catch up to him or not??

Please put all information related to Jason Smith here.  Please do not put info here unless you are 100% sure of your information.  We know there is alot of frustration out there but, please only the "facts". Hopefully this will help new users on what you should do when buying from BST ads and what to look out for.

68286[/snapback]

For those of us who don't know what this is about, what is this about? :tongue:

69000[/snapback]

This Gentleman has run scams on all the online message board BSTs and Ebay. He uses AOL as his Internet Service Provider and can create as many usernames as he wants. He is impossible to ban from any golf site. Alot of people are learning the hard way how to deal with Buy, Sell and Trades. Always try to know as much as possible who you are dealing with and get references.

BST AD Help

He screwed one of my good online buddies, Derek Watson out of about $1100-1200 that he still hasn't recovered yet.

When making a trade, please know if the other party is one that you can trust.

62 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

Callaway Rogue Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore 6-S 

TSR2 10* Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Callaway Paradym TD 15* & AI Smoke TD 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 5-AW AMT Black S300

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

Here's some free advice from an attorney and former federal prosecutor.

People have tried to rip me off a few times on online auctions before, and its never worked. To get things resolved you usually have to get someone other than the police involved.

Try writing letters to the U.S. Attorney's office and to the Louisianna AG's office, info in links below. Send it to the LSU police department also. May also want to send a copy to the victims' state AG offices, if they have a consumer protection office. Include a "cc" line with the names of the victims, the Baton Rouge P.D., Baton Rouge Mayor's Office, so they know who all is involved and paying attention. Most importantly, CC the guy who ripped you off if you have an address.

In the letters, include paragraphs that briefly document who has been defrauded, where they live and contact information (to show interstate commerce), in what amount, and when and how it was done. Do this for every victim. Include documentation.

Finally, include information you think you have about the person who ripped you off. Summarize what the police have done, politely. State what you would like done. Ask someone to contact one representative after the letter has been processed.

Follow up with telephone calls.

I'm too busy to really work on this, but I feel sorry for you guys and will help to the extent I can. May change my tune for tour gear, 460 comp tour head, etc. :tongue:

PM me if you have any questions.

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/lam/about.html

http://www.ag.state.la.us/Complaint.aspx

I would also recommend that one person coordinate and obtain copies of all the evidence against this individual.

The potential Federal charges against this individual would be Wire Fraud, Mail Fraud, and possibly Conspiracy and Identity Theft. The FBI and the US Postal Inspectors work these statutes.

The following documents should be gathered to build a case against this individual:

* All e-mail correspondence, letters with envelopes, and facsimile records with this individual.

* Wire transfers, PayPal records, Bank statements, Cashier's checks/Money Orders, Cancelled Checks (back and front).

* Documents to show that products were shipped (DC#, Insurance #, etc.)

* Statement from you describing the transactions you had with this individual. Include dates, where you live, and your total loss.

* Include all identifying infomation on this individual, i.e. Full Name, Known Addresses, IP Addresses, and Bank account information.

The venue for these crimes do not have to be in Louisiana. If you live in California and mailed or wired your funds, then venue may also be in California. Sentencing is dependent on dollar amount. Therefore, it is important that someone coordinate all losses caused by this individual.

[color=#a9a9a9]Callaway Epic SZ Driver 9.0*[/color]
[color=#a9a9a9]Exotics CB4 Tour 16.5*[/color]
[color=#a9a9a9]PXG 4-AW, SW, LW[/color]
[color=#a9a9a9]PXG Putter[/color]

I would also recommend that one person coordinate and obtain copies of all the evidence against this individual.

The potential Federal charges against this individual would be Wire Fraud, Mail Fraud, and possibly Conspiracy and Identity Theft. The FBI and the US Postal Inspectors work these statutes. 

The following documents should be gathered to build a case against this individual:

* All e-mail correspondence, letters with envelopes, and facsimile records with this individual. 

* Wire transfers, PayPal records, Bank statements, Cashier's checks/Money Orders, Cancelled Checks (back and front).

* Documents to show that products were shipped (DC#, Insurance #, etc.)

* Statement from you describing the transactions you had with this individual.  Include dates, where you live, and your total loss.

* Include all identifying infomation on this individual, i.e. Full Name, Known Addresses, IP Addresses, and Bank account information. 

The venue for these crimes do not have to be in Louisiana.  If you live in California and mailed or wired your funds, then venue may also be in California.  Sentencing is dependent on dollar amount.  Therefore, it is important that someone coordinate all losses caused by this individual.

69401[/snapback]

Very good post.

A paper trail is best thing to have. Keep all of your emails saved, and print out copies of every single conversation that you had through email.

i have done a few deals with Jason sending him some of the stuff i never used, so far I haven't been burned. a good friend of mine has done a lot of business with him & said he has not burned him yet but said he's running late on his payments. now that i have seen these posts i am reluctent to to send him any of my old stuff until i have received anything. kind of had a shady dealing with him a few weeks ago when he told me he had 3 r7 425 tp drivers but wanted to buy mine for $4,000, i just thought it was weird because why would you pay that much for a driver that you already have 3 of?

𝗦ᴜɴ𝗧ʀᴜsᴛ 𝗧ᴀᴍᴘᴀ 𝗕ᴀʏ 𝗣ʀᴏ/𝗔ᴍ 𝗣ʀᴏғᴇssɪᴏɴᴀʟ 𝗖ʜᴀᴍᴘɪᴏɴ (-𝟭𝟮/𝟮𝟬𝟭)

68A7239E-AAC2-4873-AAB4-79AB07381822.png.1162e21eb149e0d7ca8526c3ec552f4c.png

DRIVER: 𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ 𝗤𝗶𝟭𝟬 𝗟𝗦 𝟴° 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗚𝗞 𝗫𝗫

3 WOOD: 𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ 𝗤𝗶𝟭𝟬 𝟭𝟰.𝟱° 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗙𝗪 𝗦ᴇᴠᴇɴ 𝗫

5 WOOD: 𝗖ᴏʙʀᴀ 𝗥ᴀᴅ𝗦ᴘᴇᴇᴅ 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝟭𝟵° 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗙𝗪 𝗦ᴇᴠᴇɴ 𝗫

IRONS: 𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ ᴘ𝟳𝟱𝟬 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏ 𝟯ɪ 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗛ʏʙʀɪᴅ 𝟭𝟬𝟬 𝗫,𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ ᴘ𝟳𝟱𝟬 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏ 𝟰ɪ/ᴘ𝟳ᴛᴡ 𝟱ɪ-𝗣𝗪 𝗡ɪᴘᴘᴏɴ 𝗡.𝗦. 𝗣ʀᴏ 𝗠ᴏᴅᴜs 𝟭𝟬𝟱 𝗫

WEDGES: 𝗧ɪᴛʟᴇɪsᴛ 𝗩ᴏᴋᴇʏ 𝗦𝗠𝟭𝟬 𝟱𝟰°𝗙 𝗥ᴀᴡ/𝗧ɪᴛʟᴇɪsᴛ 𝗩ᴏᴋᴇʏ 𝗦𝗠𝟵 𝟱𝟴°𝗩 𝗥ᴀᴡ 𝗡ɪᴘᴘᴏɴ 𝗡.𝗦. 𝗣ʀᴏ 𝗠ᴏᴅᴜs 𝟭𝟮𝟬 𝗫

PUTTER: 𝗕ʏʀᴏɴ 𝗠ᴏʀɢᴀɴ 𝗗𝗛𝟴𝟵 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗪ᴇʟᴅᴇᴅ 𝗙ʟᴏᴡ 𝗡ᴇᴄᴋ 𝟯𝘅 𝗕ʟᴀᴄᴋ

A1pro is looking for tour clubs on GEA...I think his email is [email protected]?

Sigh, that's him and he's been bidding on Ebay under flowpro35. I only wish that AOL doesn't have that common IP that it'll be easy to ban him.

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

lazygolfer27

look dude i can bid on ebay on what i want to bid on, i have paypal and can pay for what i win as well........do u have proof i screwed ur buddy Derek??? i doubt it all u hear is word of mouth so shut up and stick a foot in it.......I can bid on anything and buy anything on ebay I want to buy from anyone and there is nothing you can do about it.........how can i rip someone on ebay off when i use paypal???? please inform, or is it just your jealousy that i will always have better tour contacts than most of you???

get a life

Here's a PM that I just got from him few minutes ago.

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

i have only had one dealing with this guy and now that i know what i know i wish i would have blocked him from buying my set. overall i ended up coming short in the deal just to please his pompous self by catering to his request of having his clubs for his little tournament. i must say i am amused that he would buy this set..for a guy that takes so much pride in having "tour issue" in his bag...what a set of junk to choose.

here are the emails...

i have already paypaled u as soon as the auction has ended and told u i needed the clubs by friday and included enough to ship them USPS Priority Mail.....so please contact me regarding this matter.....thanks [email protected]

...this email took place on a Monday. so right off the bat i didn't have to abide by his request to have his clubs to him by Friday according to ebay rules.

Jason Smith

10795 Mead Road # 508

Baton Rouge Louisiana 70816

is my shipping address.......i have already paypaled and everything all i need is you or her to ship them......pretty easy huh? i understand but if she or u can get them out it would help as i have a tourney sat and sun and have no irons b/c i sold mine on ebay and shipped them off today

thanks for the help and understanding

jason

...same day he sends this.

...i ended up giving in and 2 daying them which made me lose $ in the deal...i wish i would not have done that knowing what i know now.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5467/dscn08771jl.jpg

I am very embarrassed to have to post this reply but I feel I must now because I have seen way too much in the last 4 weeks or so. Many of you guys know me. My name is Frank Pingtella. I have posted ads on BSG several times. I have read many times on this site about Jason Smith, aka XGATOR2BMAN. I have never personally been burned by him until recently. I have been asked about him by many guys and I have always said he has never burned me personally but I would not vouch for him. This last incident shows to what lengths he will go to to rip people off. He owed me $1,580.00 for several clubs and a pair of Adidas Tour 360 shoes I sent him a few weeks ago. He was supposed to Express mail me a Titleist 905R in trade. After a week or so he claims it was lost and I said either send my stuff back or send me the $1,580.00 in cash. After a couple days of back and forth he agreed to pay me the cash. The last two weeks has been nothing but excuses ( he was out of town training for a new job, he was busy at work, etc ). Then he claimed to have sent the cashiers check out to me several times and always said he left the tracker number at home or whatever. Finally because I shipped by Express and Priority Mail I suggested that I would file Mail Fraud charges with the postal inspector. After hearing this he then agreed to send me a cashiers check via FEDEX. On Thursday, December 15, 2005 he gave me a FEDEX Reference number to check. Now comes the topper. I got the FEDEX envelope today, Friday, December 16, 2005 and opened it and much to my surprise there was an envelope inside with a note saying thanks for the patience but NO CHECK or MONEY. Again, I gave him a chance and the benefit of the doubt thinking maybe he forgot to put it in and then tonight he and I im'd each other and he claimed to have put cash in the envelope. I had two people standing there when I opened the envelope and there was no money, no check, etc. Without going into any more detail, I want to apologize to anyone I have talked about this person. I am very embarrassed and very feel like I have fallen right into his trap. I am going to file with the Postal Inspector next week and I am going to speak with FEDEX and the Baton Rouge Police Department. I am sure the weight of the envelope will verify there was no cash in there. Anyone who needs help with information on this guy I have all the facts and copies of many conversations I have had with him via IM's and emails. He admits many times owing me the money and I have it all in his messages. I will help however I can and I really want to apologize to all those I have spoken to. I am sure if and when he reads this he will post some response that will shift the blame but I assure everyone that I will gladly forward the emails and IM's we exchanged. Again, thank you for the patience in reading this and I hope I can help solve this problem for everyone.

Frank,

It never ends with this crook..

He shot off his mouth to Bill-claiming he has money and uses paypal--why don't he paypal you the money??.

I hope all the charges you have on him you can lock him up for awhile--I'm sure you will be getting other ripped off customers contacting you that will make for good witnesses... All his tour contacts won't know what to do with theirselves then.....like he ever had one..

He'll be pretty easy for the authorities to find too.. His real name and address and phone number are posted on all the golf forums.

TM R1 Phenom
Ping 18*
TM 22*
Mizuno Easy Forged
TM 52-56=60
2 ball blade milled

Frank,

It never ends with this crook..

He shot off his mouth to Bill-claiming he has money and uses paypal--why don't he paypal you the money??.

I hope all the charges you have on him you can lock him up for awhile--I'm sure you will be getting other ripped off customers contacting you that will make for good witnesses... All his tour contacts won't know what to do with theirselves then.....like he ever had one..

It might not be my place to post but I'll offer a suggestion. Don't send ANYTHING to anyone unless you get your money.

I do not understand why Baton Rouge cops are sitting on their lazy fat asses doing nothing to Jason but to stuff themselves with donuts while all the evidence has been presented to them. You guys that got ripped off, needs to band together and press the cops or prosecutor to act. I believe there's an attorney that's trying to help some of the victims but I do not know his name.

I imagine that I'll get a love note from Jason very soon. :dntknw:

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

Sociopath

I was watching Dateline tonight about child predators being caught online. I honestly think you can throw this behavior in the same category. He's very manipulative, and I have no problem taking the side of people that have claimed Jason ripped them off even though he's never ripped me off. He tried to do it to me a couple weeks ago.

He can't stop himself, and will continue coming into these forums trying to rip people off. The only thing that will stop him is an arrest.

I am very embarrassed to have to post this reply but I feel I must now because I have seen way too much in the last 4 weeks or so. Many of you guys know me. My name is Frank Pingtella. I have posted ads on BSG several times. I have read many times on this site about Jason Smith, aka XGATOR2BMAN. I have never personally been burned by him until recently. I have been asked about him by many guys and I have always said he has never burned me personally but I would not vouch for him. This last incident shows to what lengths he will go to to rip people off. He owed me $1,580.00 for several clubs and a pair of Adidas Tour 360 shoes I sent him a few weeks ago. He was supposed to Express mail me a Titleist 905R in trade. After a week or so he claims it was lost and I said either send my stuff back or send me the $1,580.00 in cash. After a couple days of back and forth he agreed to pay me the cash. The last two weeks has been nothing but excuses ( he was out of town training for a new job, he was busy at work, etc ). Then he claimed to have sent the cashiers check out to me several times and always said he left the tracker number at home or whatever. Finally because I shipped by Express and Priority Mail I suggested that I would file Mail Fraud charges with the postal inspector. After hearing this he then agreed to send me a cashiers check via FEDEX. On Thursday, December 15, 2005 he gave me a FEDEX Reference number to check. Now comes the topper. I got the FEDEX envelope today, Friday, December 16, 2005 and opened it and much to my surprise there was an envelope inside with a note saying thanks for the patience but NO CHECK or MONEY. Again, I gave him a chance and the benefit of the doubt thinking maybe he forgot to put it in and then tonight he and I im'd each other and he claimed to have put cash in the envelope. I had two people standing there when I opened the envelope and there was no money, no check, etc. Without going into any more detail, I want to apologize to anyone I have talked about this person. I am very embarrassed and very feel like I have fallen right into his trap. I am going to file with the Postal Inspector next week and I am going to speak with FEDEX and the Baton Rouge Police Department. I am sure the weight of the envelope will verify there was no cash in there. Anyone who needs help with information on this guy I have all the facts and copies of many conversations I have had with him via IM's and emails. He admits many times owing me the money and I have it all in his messages. I will help however I can and I really want to apologize to all those I have spoken to. I am sure if and when he reads this he will post some response that will shift the blame but I assure everyone that I will gladly forward the emails and IM's we exchanged. Again, thank you for the patience in reading this and I hope I can help solve this problem for everyone.

Frank, I'm very surprised that you chose to deal with Jason after what had happened between you and Derek. It wouldn't have happened if you'd read the rest of the forums on what is going on instead on sticking solely to BST to peddle your clubs for profit.

Sorry to be blunt but you had it coming since you chose to ignore what had happened between you, Derek and Jason few months ago. Also you thought highly of Jason enough to screw Derek by causing him to lose his accounts and screwed up his Nationwide qualifying schedule. You did know what Jason was up to but still dealt with him because you let the greed of getting that non-existent 905R get best of you.

Sorry marshalls for my rant concerning guys that ignores other member's warnings and hope you'll leave this up. It'll piss me off and others if you delete this, but Frank needs to read this and I doubt he will since he always sticks to BST section.

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

Frank, I'm very surprised that you chose to deal with Jason after what had happened between you and Derek. It wouldn't have happened if you'd read the rest of the forums on what is going on instead on sticking solely to BST to peddle your clubs for profit.

Sorry to be blunt but you had it coming since you chose to ignore what had happened between you, Derek and Jason few months ago. Also you thought highly of Jason enough to screw Derek by causing him to lose his accounts and screwed up his Nationwide qualifying schedule. You did know what Jason was up to but still dealt with him because you let the greed of getting that non-existent 905R get best of you.

Sorry marshalls for my rant concerning guys that ignores other member's warnings and hope you'll leave this up. It'll piss me off and others if you delete this, but Frank needs to read this and I doubt he will since he always sticks to BST section.

Nobody has it coming. It takes guts to post and admit that one got taken. Your views on why he got taken and past incidents have nothing to do with the warning that Frank posted. Then saying he had it coming is in very poor taste and is just equivalent to kicking a man when he is down or saying "I told you so".

Seems to me that most of the people who sold equipment to Jason would not have been taken if they didn't ship the item until the $$$$ was in hand.

PXG Gen4 0811 X 9
PXG Gen4 0341 X 5

Ping G410 19 Hybrid

PXG Gen4 4 Hybrid

Titleist T400 5-49W
Titleist Vokey SM7 56
Ping TR Nome

Nobody has it coming. It takes guts to post and admit that one got taken. Your views on why he got taken and past incidents have nothing to do with the warning that Frank posted. Then saying he had it coming is in very poor taste and is just equivalent to kicking a man when he is down or saying "I told you so".

Seems to me that most of the people who sold equipment to Jason would not have been taken if they didn't ship the item until the $$$$ was in hand.

You need to know what really happened. Read hoot's post and maybe you can understand what I meant. Just surprised that someone will do another deal again with a crook after being burned previously.

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"