ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Miura CB57 Review

13»

Comments

• owenzyowenzy Members Posts: 6
    Thanks Rookie, I am coming from C taperX - MP25 to CB 57, I also expect to loose a 1/2 club difference in distance but maybe pick up a little spin. I was on the fence of going back to C taper S+ but stuck with the X.

Do you use the Modus 3 120x right through to wedges?
  • OldplayerOldplayer Advanced Members Posts: 2,357 ✭✭
    I recently picked up a combo set of 501 and mb 001. 4-6 in the 501's. I did not expect to like the 501's much from what I've read since they were released, but after playing them the opposite was the case. The shape of the long and mid irons are just about perfect to my eye. Set up beautifully and the feel and ballflight I just love. Did not find them hard to hit at all. On the other hand the jury is still out on the 001's. Didn't take to them near as much.
  • MJisGOATMJisGOAT Advanced Members Posts: 4,586
    Oldplayer wrote:

I recently picked up a combo set of 501 and mb 001. 4-6 in the 501's. I did not expect to like the 501's much from what I've read since they were released, but after playing them the opposite was the case. The shape of the long and mid irons are just about perfect to my eye. Set up beautifully and the feel and ballflight I just love. Did not find them hard to hit at all. On the other hand the jury is still out on the 001's. Didn't take to them near as much.

I'd argue that the mb001 may be just as or more so forgiving than the 501s. I sure do miss my black boron 501s though; someone got a deal!
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    "inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
    @thereal#7
  • OldplayerOldplayer Advanced Members Posts: 2,357 ✭✭
    MJisGOAT wrote:

Oldplayer wrote:

I'd argue that the mb001 may be just as or more so forgiving than the 501s. I sure do miss my black boron 501s though; someone got a deal!

I'd love to find 7-pw in the 501's to complete my set but I don't think that is going to happen without having to shell out some big bucks. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • RedproRedpro Advanced Members Posts: 946 ✭✭
    FLOGMR wrote:

Ahhhh....GolfWRX "Tell all" image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />

I am 69 years young....have managed to shot my age at 67....68...and now 69....about 20 times in all so far image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />

Nice! A goal and standard for all of us getting on!
  • FLOGMRFLOGMR Advanced Members Posts: 1,262
    edited December 2016
    Redpro wrote:

FLOGMR wrote:

Ahhhh....GolfWRX "Tell all" image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />

I am 69 years young....have managed to shot my age at 67....68...and now 69....about 20 times in all so far image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />

Thanks Redpro....another year has passed by and I have "Parked" my CB 57's in favor of a set of the PP 9005 G's....had 6 age or sub-age rounds with them so far this year image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Will be 71 in a few months and hope to keep the trend alive. The 57's were great but all I can say about the 9005 G's is "Longer, higher, straighter".. about a club and a half longer than the 57's and a higher trajectory image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    FLOGMR wrote:
    Redpro wrote:
    FLOGMR wrote:
    Ahhhh....GolfWRX "Tell all" image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' /> I am 69 years young....have managed to shot my age at 67....68...and now 69....about 20 times in all so far image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
    Thanks Redpro....another year has passed by and I have "Parked" my CB 57's in favor of a set of the PP 9005 G's....had 6 age or sub-age rounds with them so far this year image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Will be 71 in a few months and hope to keep the trend alive. The 57's were great but all I can say about the 9005 G's is "Longer, higher, straighter".. about a club and a half longer than the 57's and a higher trajectory image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

That's great news to hear, but I'm sure the distance is due to the 3* loft difference compared to the cb57, unless you have them bent to similar lofts.
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    @thereal#7
  • HopnstopnputtHopnstopnputt ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 333 ClubWRX
    MJisGOAT wrote:

FLOGMR wrote:
    Redpro wrote:
    FLOGMR wrote:
    Ahhhh....GolfWRX "Tell all" image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' /> I am 69 years young....have managed to shot my age at 67....68...and now 69....about 20 times in all so far image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />

That's great news to hear, but I'm sure the distance is due to the 3* loft difference compared to the cb57, unless you have them bent to similar lofts.

Well said - and that's why I need to remember whether I have my OnOff Kuro or CB-57 in bag that day as i pull club out, lol.
    MJisGOAT wrote:

FLOGMR wrote:
    Redpro wrote:
    FLOGMR wrote:

There is no doubt the added distance is partly due to stronger lofts...but my 57's are tweaked up 2* so they should be closer than they are....Good example.... In normal conditions my CB 57 8 iron is my stock 145 yd club....the PP 9005G is an easy 155 yds and as far as 160 if I jump on it..... BUT the 9005G hits the ball higher at the same time... BTW both sets have the same shafts (Aerotech i80 "R:") Longer carry with higher trajectory IS a GOOD THING!!

My closest golfing friend also has a set of 9005G's having parked his PP 9003's (Also same shafts both sets) and he too has picked up about a club more distance with higher trajectory image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Not wanting to turn a CB 57 review thread into a 9005G rant....At my age any club that gives me some of my lost distance back is more than welcome.... BTW I still play and love my 57's on occasion.... But the 9005G's are now my go to set and have rewarded me with some great scores...during August, after having them for only a few weeks I had my best round of the year.., 68 (4 under) Good ball striking and good putting is a great combination image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    You've always been a baller.

I thinks it's time to open a thread reviewing these 9005G of yours.
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    @thereal#7
    edited December 2016
    FLOGMR wrote:

MJisGOAT wrote:

FLOGMR wrote:
    Redpro wrote:
    FLOGMR wrote:

There is no doubt the added distance is partly due to stronger lofts...but my 57's are tweaked up 2* so they should be closer than they are....Good example.... In normal conditions my CB 57 8 iron is my stock 145 yd club....the PP 9005G is an easy 155 yds and as far as 160 if I jump on it..... BUT the 9005G hits the ball higher at the same time... BTW both sets have the same shafts (Aerotech i80 "R:") Longer carry with higher trajectory IS a GOOD THING!!

My closest golfing friend also has a set of 9005G's having parked his PP 9003's (Also same shafts both sets) and he too has picked up about a club more distance with higher trajectory image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Not wanting to turn a CB 57 review thread into a 9005G rant....At my age any club that gives me some of my lost distance back is more than welcome.... BTW I still play and love my 57's on occasion.... But the 9005G's are now my go to set and have rewarded me with some great scores...during August, after having them for only a few weeks I had my best round of the year.., 68 (4 under) Good ball striking and good putting is a great combination image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

What did increasing the lofts on the 57's do to the bounce angle on the sole? Did it affect your strike? Have heard that the 57's sole is great in both firm and medium to soft turf conditions. I just obtain a set and plan on getting either Recoil F3 95's or Nippon 950GH in them, both in R-flex. Six iron plays at 37.25". Hope the swing weights come out D1 or less. Also see the head weights are "heavier" than others. Will probably have to visit nearest Miura dealer to consult.
  • SmoothStroker81SmoothStroker81 I'd rather be driving a Kirkland Sig Members Posts: 207
    owenzy wrote:

Thanks Rookie, I am coming from C taperX - MP25 to CB 57, I also expect to loose a 1/2 club difference in distance but maybe pick up a little spin. I was on the fence of going back to C taper S+ but stuck with the X.

Do you use the Modus 3 120x right through to wedges?

Just through PW. I think the CB57's have a lower trajectory anyway, so with the 120X the shorter irons now have a really low trajectory and don't jump off the face like expected....could be user error.
    Driver: Taylormade M2 9.5 Rogue 125 70TX
    3W: Taylormade M2 15 Tour AD Di-7X
    5W: Taylormade M1 19 Tour AD Di-7X
    2i & 4i Honma TW-U Forged w/ Nippon Modus 105X
    5i-PW: Miura CB-57 w/ Nippon Modus 120X
    Wedges: 52, 56, 60 Vokey SM6
    Putter: Black Lab BL-1
    Bag: Ping Hoofer
    What did increasing the lofts on the 57's do to the bounce angle on the sole? Did it affect your strike? Have heard that the 57's sole is great in both firm and medium to soft turf conditions. I just obtain a set and plan on getting either Recoil F3 95's or Nippon 950GH in them, both in R-flex. Six iron plays at 37.25". Hope the swing weights come out D1 or less. Also see the head weights are "heavier" than others. Will probably have to visit nearest Miura dealer to consult.

Bumping the lofts 2* reduced the bounce slightly...no issues with the turf action. I was coming from PP 9003 SN's before the CB 57's and wanted the approx. same loft profiles....it worked very well image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

We build a lot of CB 57's with Recoil and NS Pro shafts... if the shaft weight is under 100 grams we usually (Unless specified by customer) go with the set based off a 38" 5 iron which gives you a 37.5" 6 iron.... Swing weights come out right around D-2

I am sure you will love your 57's...sweet clubs for sure.
    FLOGMR wrote:

Bumping the lofts 2* reduced the bounce slightly...no issues with the turf action. I was coming from PP 9003 SN's before the CB 57's and wanted the approx. same loft profiles....it worked very well image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

We build a lot of CB 57's with Recoil and NS Pro shafts... if the shaft weight is under 100 grams we usually (Unless specified by customer) go with the set based off a 38" 5 iron which gives you a 37.5" 6 iron.... Swing weights come out right around D-2

Thank you!
    FLOGMR wrote:

And, you'll need to post a video of the swing that you shoot your age with so I can copy it for a few years !! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • BEND OF THE RIVER GCBEND OF THE RIVER GC Charter Members Posts: 6,559
    edited December 2016
    delete
    TM M1 Kurokage shaft
    TM RBZ 3 wood stock Ozik shaft
    TM R11 4 wood Fujikura Rombax 6X07
    TM RBZ with Oban Revenge shaft
    Ping G irons 4-UW
    Nike VR 56*
    Nike VR 60*
    Black Lab oil can 350g custom grind by Geo
    Ping 4 Under carry bag
  • glensmithisglensmithis GlenSmith Advanced Members Posts: 481
    I have a set of Small "Baby" Blades but, I am considering bagging a set of the CB57's so I don't wear out my "Baby's". Has anyone played them in the Black Boron finish? I am curious about how the finish holds up? And, can they be refinished if or when they wear?
  • tincup_jefftincup_jeff Members Posts: 119

Definitely considering a set of these irons. Can anyone give a long-term review of them?

I've had the lust for CB57's for a long time and finally bought them about a year ago. I wanted ultra feel and buttery soft response. I must say that I was disappointed when I absolutely nutted the ball, it felt more like a muted/ click response. I wanted silk in my hands when I hit it right, and it just didn't work out that way (for me). Turf interaction was pretty good.

I'm currently gaming the Bridgestone J15 MB's. Butter soft, and high launching with my D.G. X100's in them (I have a steep angle of attack).
  • tincup_jefftincup_jeff Members Posts: 119

MJisGOAT wrote:

nitram wrote:

^^^^ Opportunity has a tendency to knock this time of year ^^^^

Yep, and I've seen these in hand. If I didn't have my eye on some other items I would of bought them for myself.

I wish. Now isn't the right time for a 1200 purchase. I saw a set of 4-P go for 650 a month or so before Christmas, if I saw that again, I may bite. But not the set listed. Great looking set and Chip is a great guy.

You get what you pay for. The set listed at 1200 are in pretty good shape...I can't imagine the set for 650 would be in great shape (unless you don't care...).

I got a mint set of 57's (from a seller on here) for 1,100 shipped.

Jeff - what iron set do you have in the bag now?

Stan

Stan,

I'm currently gaming the Bridgestone J 15 MB's 5-pw, (Srixon U65- 4i). Soft as melted butter in your hands when you hit them right, and are plenty forgiving for a true blade...

I'm lost on my wedges right now. I have the Vokeys, but I want a Forged wedge...If I have to pay $300-$400 for a Miura Wedge, I may just go 20 min. down the street straight to PXG and get custom fit for 2 (thats all I can afford right now). LOL
    edited December 2016

Definitely considering a set of these irons. Can anyone give a long-term review of them?

I've had the lust for CB57's for a long time and finally bought them about a year ago. I wanted ultra feel and buttery soft response. I must say that I was disappointed when I absolutely nutted the ball, it felt more like a muted/ click response. I wanted silk in my hands when I hit it right, and it just didn't work out that way (for me). Turf interaction was pretty good.

I'm currently gaming the Bridgestone J15 MB's. Butter soft, and high launching with my D.G. X100's in them (I have a steep angle of attack).

Yea, “butter” is NOT a Miura feel. Miura is a SOLID, ball compressing, pure feeling ‘click’. I actually feel that I get better feedback from my Miura Small “Baby” Blades than I ever did with a “buttery” feeling iron. I know when and where I miss when I miss.
  • SmoothStroker81SmoothStroker81 I'd rather be driving a Kirkland Sig Members Posts: 207
    edited December 2016
    MY CB57's are solid and explosive, sending the ball on a boring/piercing trajectory with Modus 120X shafts. Definitely the most solid feeling irons I've hit.

Hitting them off mats at the driving range was a little disappointing, but on the course with real balls is where they shine.
    Have the 4-PW CB-57's and hit them on the range for the first time today. Wonderful clubs, perfect turf interaction . . . shallow half-dollar bill divot. I have the F3 95 Recoil shafts in them.

Now community, please recommend a suitable gap wedge (50, 51 degrees) to go along with that club head style.

Thank you!
  • HopnstopnputtHopnstopnputt ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 333 ClubWRX
    edited December 2016
    With a 47* PW in the CBs you can stick with the "1957" series, and pick up a y-grind 51* or, if you prefer a little less bounce, grab a k-grind 52* and bend stronger.

I actually game a 49* y-grind but tend to use it more when I have my stronger lofted (45* PW) OnOffs in the bag.
    edited December 2016

With a 47* PW in the CBs you can stick with the "1957" series, and pick up a y-grind 51* or, if you prefer a little less bounce, grab a k-grind 52* and bend stronger.

I actually game a 49* y-grind but tend to use it more when I have my stronger lofted (45* PW) OnOffs in the bag.

That's good advice. I'll look for one of those two.

Meanwhile . . . love the turf interaction!!

Post edited by Unknown User on
    Great piercing ball flight with the CB57's and the Modus 120x's
    I am thinks about putting the Fujikura MCI Black shafts in a set of CB-57's. Anyone have experience with that shaft?
  • chuckymullins38chuckymullins38 Members Posts: 10
    Can anyone compare the cb57 to the miura giken cb-1007 y grind ? thanks in advance.

Can anyone compare the cb57 to the miura giken cb-1007 y grind ? thanks in advance.

Not much to compare, the 57 is simply the North American iteration of the MG 1007. Nearly identical design with the same grind.
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    @thereal#7
    Do the short irons of the miura giken cb-1007 y grind also have a low trajectory?
  • Tcann32Tcann32 Advanced Members Posts: 3,527
    Maybe someone else will have some different input than me on them, but I've owned 2 different Miura CB's (LH CB and Miura MG CB) and two sets of MB's (LH Black Blades, and MG MB). All sets were pretty much the same, as I believe all the lefty MB's are essentially TB's with some very moderate changes, if any at all. Currently still own the long irons in the MG CB's, the full set of LH CB's and the LTD Black Blades.

My question for anyone else that has extensively gamed the CB's and the MB's: Did you actually notice much of a difference between them? I ask this because I really don't notice any advantage to playing the CB's. Personally, I've tested the CB's against a few other sets of CB / players irons (2013 x forged, apex pros, and cobra king ltd's. The cobra's were a combo set, so I tested the mb's with my miura mb's and the CB's against my miura cb's), and have found other CB's to hold the advantages of CB's that most would want in terms of forgiveness, larger sole, size, etc, but the Miura's really only seem to launch a touch higher in the comparison of MB/CB.

This question is really sort of limited because of my options as a lefty, so I haven't gotten to try the 501's, PP's, etc.

This isn't a knock on Miura. I'm a true fan boy, but I was just curious if other's have come up with anything similar.
    What's actually in the bag...
    Callaway Epic SZ-9.0-Aldila X-Torsion Green Mamba-70TX
    Callaway Epic SZ 15* - PX Handcrafted Yellow 75 6.5
    Callaway Apex UT 21* - C- taper S+
    Miura LH LTD Black Blades: 3-p w/ DG TI X7's.
    Cleveland RTX 3: 50-54 w. C-Taper S+
    Scratch 1018: 58 w/ C-Taper S+
    Piretti Potenza / Odyssey MX #7

Others gamed on occasion:
    Callaway BBA (2014)
    Callaway 13 X Forged w/ AMT X100's (hard stepped once)
    Scratch Golf 51,55,58,59
    Wilson Staff Kirk Currie Milled
  • Tcann32Tcann32 Advanced Members Posts: 3,527
    Redpro wrote:

Have the 4-PW CB-57's and hit them on the range for the first time today. Wonderful clubs, perfect turf interaction . . . shallow half-dollar bill divot. I have the F3 95 Recoil shafts in them.

Now community, please recommend a suitable gap wedge (50, 51 degrees) to go along with that club head style.

Thank you!

The first flushed shot, namely the turf interaction and how solid the ball flight is, spells disaster for anyone who has tried Miura's and was even considering using a different club ever again. lol
    What's actually in the bag...
    Callaway Epic SZ-9.0-Aldila X-Torsion Green Mamba-70TX
    Callaway Epic SZ 15* - PX Handcrafted Yellow 75 6.5
    Callaway Apex UT 21* - C- taper S+
    Miura LH LTD Black Blades: 3-p w/ DG TI X7's.
    Cleveland RTX 3: 50-54 w. C-Taper S+
    Scratch 1018: 58 w/ C-Taper S+
    Piretti Potenza / Odyssey MX #7

Others gamed on occasion:
    Callaway BBA (2014)
    Callaway 13 X Forged w/ AMT X100's (hard stepped once)
    Scratch Golf 51,55,58,59
    Wilson Staff Kirk Currie Milled
    I asked an eBay seller about the Vega VC-01 irons compared to the Miura CB 57's, which I own. Here is my question and his answer:

Are the leading ledge of these irons rather "sharp" or more rounded? I have a set of Miura CB-57's and they are a bit sharp. Looking for advice and experience with these regarding turf interaction. The irons you have for sale look great, and tempting.

Here in Texas we play mostly firm conditions and we need a bit of relief at the leading edge.

Thank you.

His answer:

[background=rgb(249, 249, 249)]Keep the 57's, Miura irons are great. You can round the leading edges of the irons by sanding them with something like a 4" wide bench sander. Like those sold at Harbor Freight. Don't worry about the value as someone will always buy them or you can have them refinished by a man in Colorado.[/background]

[background=rgb(249, 249, 249)]It sounds like you need to flatten your swing. You can do this by standing further away from the ball at address. Also go back low and slow and come through low and slow. Play only half swings with the short irons 7-PW at least for a time. When you make your practice swings before hitting the ball, do so alongside the ball. Make sure that you bottom-out before the ball with the practice swing, between the ball and the target.[/background]

[background=rgb(249, 249, 249)]I hope this helps. These Vegas are a little difficult to hit and you would not better yourself by buying them.[/background]

[background=rgb(249, 249, 249)]Comments? [/background]
  • etrichardsetrichards Advanced Members Posts: 355
    Tcann32 wrote:

Redpro wrote:

Thank you!

The first flushed shot, namely the turf interaction and how solid the ball flight is, spells disaster for anyone who has tried Miura's and was even considering using a different club ever again. lol

I agree on that first flushed shot. First time I hit Miura's I was only visiting a fitter for what I assumed would be a re-shaft/adjustment of the irons I had at the time. It was the first time I saw the Miura's in real life, so while he was in the back room I grabbed a demo and started hitting it. Ooops. Took the Tuning Fork in my loins thing Tin Cup was talking about to a whole new level.

Unfortunately I sold them a couple years ago, but thinking I'm going to have to go back.
    Redpro wrote:

I asked an eBay seller about the Vega VC-01 irons compared to the Miura CB 57's, which I own. Here is my question and his answer:

Are the leading ledge of these irons rather "sharp" or more rounded? I have a set of Miura CB-57's and they are a bit sharp. Looking for advice and experience with these regarding turf interaction. The irons you have for sale look great, and tempting.

Here in Texas we play mostly firm conditions and we need a bit of relief at the leading edge.

Thank you.

His answer:

[background=rgb(249, 249, 249)]Keep the 57's, Miura irons are great. You can round the leading edges of the irons by sanding them with something like a 4" wide bench sander. Like those sold at Harbor Freight. Don't worry about the value as someone will always buy them or you can have them refinished by a man in Colorado.[/background]

[background=rgb(249, 249, 249)]It sounds like you need to flatten your swing. You can do this by standing further away from the ball at address. Also go back low and slow and come through low and slow. Play only half swings with the short irons 7-PW at least for a time. When you make your practice swings before hitting the ball, do so alongside the ball. Make sure that you bottom-out before the ball with the practice swing, between the ball and the target.[/background]

[background=rgb(249, 249, 249)]I hope this helps. These Vegas are a little difficult to hit and you would not better yourself by buying them.[/background]

Sounds like a genuine and sincere seller here, but the only advice I'd heed is keeping the Miura. I play in soft conditions and don't notice any issues with the leading edges being sharp on my 57s. In fact I think they're about perfect for nearly any and all playing conditions. I'd think you'd want a sharper leading edge playing in dryer and tighter conditions?!
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    @thereal#7
    edited March 2017
    MJisGOAT wrote:

Redpro wrote:

Thank you.

His answer:

Sounds like a genuine and sincere seller here, but the only advice I'd heed is keeping the Miura. I play in soft conditions and don't notice any issues with the leading edges being sharp on my 57s. In fact I think they're about perfect for nearly any and all playing conditions. I'd think you'd want a sharper leading edge playing in dryer and tighter conditions?!

Thanks MJ. True about the 57's playability. I have the Vega VC-01 8-iron head that I'll shaft up and see for myself. Now, about standing further away from the ball . . .image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • lumberman2462lumberman2462 Advanced Members Posts: 5,298 ✭✭
    Redpro wrote:

MJisGOAT wrote:

Redpro wrote:

Thank you.

His answer:

Thanks MJ. True about the 57's playability. I have the Vega VC-01 8-iron head that I'll shaft up and see for myself. Now, about standing further away from the ball . . . image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It's not often you get swing advice from someone trying to sell golf clubs. Probably a nice guy but that gave me a chuckle.

It would have been even better if he advised calling up Bob Rotella and getting some 'Golf Therapy'

Turf interaction hasn't been an issue with my 57s.

PS: I always think people are standing too far away from the ball.
    SYard T388
    TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
    Miura CB-57 3-PW
    Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
    Old Titleist Blade

Redpro wrote:

MJisGOAT wrote:

Redpro wrote:

Thank you.

His answer:

Thanks MJ. True about the 57's playability. I have the Vega VC-01 8-iron head that I'll shaft up and see for myself. Now, about standing further away from the ball . . . image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It's not often you get swing advice from someone trying to sell golf clubs. Probably a nice guy but that gave me a chuckle.

It would have been even better if he advised calling up Bob Rotella and getting some 'Golf Therapy'

Turf interaction hasn't been an issue with my 57s.

PS: I always think people are standing too far away from the ball.

grin.

Had I not said just a "thank you" to his answer, I'm sure a Rotella referral would have come in response. Too funny when he did say, essentially, "don't buy these clubs". Agree, we do stand too far away from the ball.
  • gambitgambit Advanced Members Posts: 4,167 ✭✭
    I have a set of 57s. With all the rain we've gotten in NorCal the courses have been really wet and soggy, and I haven't had an issue with turf interaction.
    Byron Morgan DH89 or 612 or Epic Day
  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 8,747
    anyone own a set of the Black Boron cb-57's. Just curious if wear is any better or worse than say a pvd finish.

I've been a blade player forever and over the last year really enjoy the 57's, but also want a black set as back up.
  • Pieter PPieter P Advanced Members Posts: 85
    Tcann32 wrote:

Maybe someone else will have some different input than me on them, but I've owned 2 different Miura CB's (LH CB and Miura MG CB) and two sets of MB's (LH Black Blades, and MG MB). All sets were pretty much the same, as I believe all the lefty MB's are essentially TB's with some very moderate changes, if any at all. Currently still own the long irons in the MG CB's, the full set of LH CB's and the LTD Black Blades.

My question for anyone else that has extensively gamed the CB's and the MB's: Did you actually notice much of a difference between them? I ask this because I really don't notice any advantage to playing the CB's. Personally, I've tested the CB's against a few other sets of CB / players irons (2013 x forged, apex pros, and cobra king ltd's. The cobra's were a combo set, so I tested the mb's with my miura mb's and the CB's against my miura cb's), and have found other CB's to hold the advantages of CB's that most would want in terms of forgiveness, larger sole, size, etc, but the Miura's really only seem to launch a touch higher in the comparison of MB/CB.

This question is really sort of limited because of my options as a lefty, so I haven't gotten to try the 501's, PP's, etc.

This isn't a knock on Miura. I'm a true fan boy, but I was just curious if other's have come up with anything similar.
    Different experience for me.

Extensively gamed MB001(one season) followed by CB57 (one season) and 4 months of Baby Blades in-between.

CB 57 the most forgiving of the lot, best dispersion on the course and on GC2, hit more greens with it, scores are better. 501's does not play well in my hands at all.

MB001's are also fantastic, but slightly harder to score with. Better workability than the 57's. Really struggle with the 57's to hit the big curves when needed.

Baby blades - the iron equivalent of the SLDR driver. The good shots are the best feeling ever, but the bad ones terrible. Scoring is 3 shots worse a round on average with the BB. I look at them and polish them, but does not play them when serious golf is being played.
  • copegolfercopegolfer Advanced Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Different comparison, but I'll add my thoughts.

Yesterday I played my first round with my new MB-001 irons.

I can't begin to describe how awesome and beautiful these are to play. But, being in this thread I'm sure everyone is aware...

I came from Mizuno MP-64 irons. I was worried about playing a blade, but the MB-001 were virtually no different or more difficult to hit.

If I put a bad swing or strike on it I was penalized, but I expected that even with the mizzys.

Basically the MB-001 aren't going anywhere for along time.

Note: I'm about a 10 handicap
    Cobra F9 10.5 Atmos TS Black 60X
    Cobra F8 3/4 (14.5) NV 2KXV Blue 80X
    Cobra Baffler 18.5 NV 2KXV Blue 80X
    Miura MB001 4-PW KBS Tour X +1/2"
    SM6 52 F Grind, 56 & 60 M Grind
    EvnRoll ER8 mallet
13»