We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

Miura CB57 Review

135
5

Comments

  • slickca21slickca21  225WRX Points: 58Members Posts: 225
    Joined:  #62
    Thought I would give my 2 cents on the CB 57, since I just had a set made and played them for the first time yesterday. Played 36 holes so, plenty of holes to get myself use to.



    I had the set built with the modus 105 and standard everything. The shaft was awesome. Dispersion was tight and felt very smooth. It did feel lighter than the Nippon 1050, I play in my other set though. Mid flight and no ballooning. For me, I got much better numbers with these than the tour 120. I had too much spin with the 120.



    For the irons, they are definitely more forgiving than the 501s and if you came from set of blades, which is my other set. Honestly, if you came from anything that is already somewhat cavity back, the 57s aren't going to be more forgiving. The feeling of hitting the centre of the club is pure joy because of that weight bar. It also acts as a great teaching aid since there is a very discernible difference when you catch one low or high, toe or heel. The feeing isn't the same. As for the look, the top line is a little thicker than my mp4s. I don't particularly find thicker clubs to be a confidence builder, I actually like looking down at a nice blade, so these will take a while to get use to. I found the the 501s, to be more aesthetically pleasing at address than the 57



    All in all, a great club and a great upgrade depending on the set you are coming from. I'm still on the fence with them. The season is going the over soon here so I'm going to keep hacking away with them and will decide if they stay or go before next season.







    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • gambitgambit  4332WRX Points: 204Members Posts: 4,332
    Joined:  #63
    slickca21 wrote:
    Thought I would give my 2 cents on the CB 57, since I just had a set made and played them for the first time yesterday. Played 36 holes so, plenty of holes to get myself use to.



    I had the set built with the modus 105 and standard everything. The shaft was awesome. Dispersion was tight and felt very smooth. It did feel lighter than the Nippon 1050, I play in my other set though. Mid flight and no ballooning. For me, I got much better numbers with these than the tour 120. I had too much spin with the 120.



    For the irons, they are definitely more forgiving than the 501s and if you came from set of blades, which is my other set. Honestly, if you came from anything that is already somewhat cavity back, the 57s aren't going to be more forgiving. The feeling of hitting the centre of the club is pure joy because of that weight bar. It also acts as a great teaching aid since there is a very discernible difference when you catch one low or high, toe or heel. The feeing isn't the same. As for the look, the top line is a little thicker than my mp4s. I don't particularly find thicker clubs to be a confidence builder, I actually like looking down at a nice blade, so these will take a while to get use to. I found the the 501s, to be more aesthetically pleasing at address than the 57



    All in all, a great club and a great upgrade depending on the set you are coming from. I'm still on the fence with them. The season is going the over soon here so I'm going to keep hacking away with them and will decide if they stay or go before next season.




    Nice write up. I've been playing J40CBs and just got a set of 501CBs off a member here. The top line is noticeably thinner on the 501s and a little shorter blade length. In comparison to the 57s are the 57s really more forgiving since they're even a little shorter in blade length than the 501s? Also, in reading other reviews I heard the top lines and soles of the 57s were about the same as the 501s, but the leading edge of the 57s were a little different. Is that accurate? Is there more offset to the 57s than the 501s?
    Posted:
  • MJisGOATMJisGOAT  4586WRX Points: 3Members Posts: 4,586
    Joined:  #64
    gambit wrote:

    slickca21 wrote:
    Thought I would give my 2 cents on the CB 57, since I just had a set made and played them for the first time yesterday. Played 36 holes so, plenty of holes to get myself use to.



    I had the set built with the modus 105 and standard everything. The shaft was awesome. Dispersion was tight and felt very smooth. It did feel lighter than the Nippon 1050, I play in my other set though. Mid flight and no ballooning. For me, I got much better numbers with these than the tour 120. I had too much spin with the 120.



    For the irons, they are definitely more forgiving than the 501s and if you came from set of blades, which is my other set. Honestly, if you came from anything that is already somewhat cavity back, the 57s aren't going to be more forgiving. The feeling of hitting the centre of the club is pure joy because of that weight bar. It also acts as a great teaching aid since there is a very discernible difference when you catch one low or high, toe or heel. The feeing isn't the same. As for the look, the top line is a little thicker than my mp4s. I don't particularly find thicker clubs to be a confidence builder, I actually like looking down at a nice blade, so these will take a while to get use to. I found the the 501s, to be more aesthetically pleasing at address than the 57



    All in all, a great club and a great upgrade depending on the set you are coming from. I'm still on the fence with them. The season is going the over soon here so I'm going to keep hacking away with them and will decide if they stay or go before next season.




    Nice write up. I've been playing J40CBs and just got a set of 501CBs off a member here. The top line is noticeably thinner on the 501s and a little shorter blade length. In comparison to the 57s are the 57s really more forgiving since they're even a little shorter in blade length than the 501s? Also, in reading other reviews I heard the top lines and soles of the 57s were about the same as the 501s, but the leading edge of the 57s were a little different. Is that accurate? Is there more offset to the 57s than the 501s?
    57's are superior to the 501 in every way IMO. I played the 501's for over 2 years before going to the CB 57's.



    The 57's have a more appealing shape, sole grind, and thicker top line. They fit perfectly between the 501 and pp9003 SN.
    Posted:
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    "inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
  • slickca21slickca21  225WRX Points: 58Members Posts: 225
    Joined:  #65
    gambit wrote:
    slickca21 wrote:
    Thought I would give my 2 cents on the CB 57, since I just had a set made and played them for the first time yesterday. Played 36 holes so, plenty of holes to get myself use to.



    I had the set built with the modus 105 and standard everything. The shaft was awesome. Dispersion was tight and felt very smooth. It did feel lighter than the Nippon 1050, I play in my other set though. Mid flight and no ballooning. For me, I got much better numbers with these than the tour 120. I had too much spin with the 120.



    For the irons, they are definitely more forgiving than the 501s and if you came from set of blades, which is my other set. Honestly, if you came from anything that is already somewhat cavity back, the 57s aren't going to be more forgiving. The feeling of hitting the centre of the club is pure joy because of that weight bar. It also acts as a great teaching aid since there is a very discernible difference when you catch one low or high, toe or heel. The feeing isn't the same. As for the look, the top line is a little thicker than my mp4s. I don't particularly find thicker clubs to be a confidence builder, I actually like looking down at a nice blade, so these will take a while to get use to. I found the the 501s, to be more aesthetically pleasing at address than the 57



    All in all, a great club and a great upgrade depending on the set you are coming from. I'm still on the fence with them. The season is going the over soon here so I'm going to keep hacking away with them and will decide if they stay or go before next season.




    Nice write up. I've been playing J40CBs and just got a set of 501CBs off a member here. The top line is noticeably thinner on the 501s and a little shorter blade length. In comparison to the 57s are the 57s really more forgiving since they're even a little shorter in blade length than the 501s? Also, in reading other reviews I heard the top lines and soles of the 57s were about the same as the 501s, but the leading edge of the 57s were a little different. Is that accurate? Is there more offset to the 57s than the 501s?




    The 501s have a very sharp leading edge and depending on your swing could dig on on you. The 57 is a shorter blade length but the top line is thicker than the 501s. There is a great review somewhere that compares the 2 and with the mb001 on this forum somewhere.



    I find the 57 more forgiving than the 501 especially in toe hits.



    The 57 has a different sole grind than the 501 which makes turf interaction supposedly better. This is very noticeable when you compare them both. Tomorrow will be my third round with them and today's range session with them was my best as I got more use to them and the shafts.



    As for offset, I can't tell if there is more. According to specs it does have more offset, but you can't tell with the naked eye. I believe the 57s also have less bounce than the 501s







    Posted:
  • gambitgambit  4332WRX Points: 204Members Posts: 4,332
    Joined:  #66
    So basically you guys are telling me to go buy a set of 57s...ok fine!
    Posted:
  • gambitgambit  4332WRX Points: 204Members Posts: 4,332
    Joined:  #67
    How easy are the short irons for the mb001s to hit? Never played an mb but a combo set sounds pretty sweet.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Georgie ZGeorgie Z  982WRX Points: 67Members Posts: 982
    Joined:  #68
    There is a good review from a member who has the combo. It might be in this thread actually.
    Posted:
  • MJisGOATMJisGOAT  4586WRX Points: 3Members Posts: 4,586
    Joined:  #69
    Posted:
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    "inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
  • gambitgambit  4332WRX Points: 204Members Posts: 4,332
    Joined:  #70
    Thanks guys.
    Posted:
  • MJisGOATMJisGOAT  4586WRX Points: 3Members Posts: 4,586
    Joined:  #71
    Another accolade for the CB57 is the precise feedback it offers, forgiveness of a CB, but the feedback of an MB.



    I tested the Mizuno MP5 a few weeks ago, and the feedback was no where on par as the 57's.
    Posted:
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    "inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Goodbye my WRX Family & Friends! ....) Foxboro, MA 2510WRX Points: 163Members Posts: 2,510
    Joined:  #72
    Posted:
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

    W. I. T. B.

    Callaway Flash Star 10.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4+ 16° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18° Tourspec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23° Tourspec Speeder 904HB X
    Miura Golf CB•301 5-6 iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Golf CB•57 7-9
     iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 46° | 06° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 52° | 10° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 58° | 10° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura KM•350 Soft Black Stability EI GJ 1.0
    Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • MJisGOATMJisGOAT  4586WRX Points: 3Members Posts: 4,586
    Joined:  #73




    With the grind, they don't play like low bounce. With the 501's and TB's they had a tendency to get stuck (steep) in soft conditions. The mb001 and CB 57 have less bounce than the TB's and 501's but the grind makes all the difference.



    Posted:
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    "inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
  • FLOGMRFLOGMR  1288WRX Points: 128Members Posts: 1,288
    Joined:  edited Jan 2, 2016 #74
    gambit wrote:


    How easy are the short irons for the mb001s to hit? Never played an mb but a combo set sounds pretty sweet.




    I have been playing a combo set of MB's and CB 57's for over a year... MB - PW,9,8...CB 57 - 7,6,5,4 then a new NEO 3 hybrid (An HB 3 before that)...very easy to hit the MB's if you like blades and are a steady ball striker. I also have the CB 57 PW,9,8 which I put in the bag during the winter for mud golf conditions. I hit them about the same for distance but feel the CB's are easier to hit in the wet sloppy conditions of the PNW....I prefer chipping and pitching with the MB's. To each his own for sure but the combo set is truly sweet and you get a lot of looks at the course. I spent 4 days at Bandon Dunes in October and spent as much time showing the clubs to the staff and other players as I did playing golf image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> ... Okay, maybe not quite, but really did get a lot of attention with the combo set-up. Love them....going to be in the bag for some time to come. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />



    BTW....last round of the year was at home and was 69....my age.......... Happy New Year to all. image/rockon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rockon:' />
    Posted:
  • laguna79laguna79  286WRX Points: 72Members Posts: 286
    Joined:  #75
    I'm I dreaming to think I can go to 57's from Mizuno MP-54's ?



    I'm currently trying to arrange to travel 1000 miles to a fitter later on in the year with getting a set of 57's as the goal.



    Any feed back would be great or suggestions of a more realistic progression from my Mizuno MP-54's
    Posted:
    Epic flash sub-zero
    M3 HL
    i400 17 degree hybrid
    U65 20 degree
    i500 4-Pw
    Mack daddy forged 52
    Yururi Tour 58
    Xmetal Rossie
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Goodbye my WRX Family & Friends! ....) Foxboro, MA 2510WRX Points: 163Members Posts: 2,510
    Joined:  #76
    MJisGOAT wrote:





    With the grind, they don't play like low bounce. With the 501's and TB's they had a tendency to get stuck (steep) in soft conditions. The mb001 and CB 57 have less bounce than the TB's and 501's but the grind makes all the difference.




    How do my Baby Blades fit into that equation, if you don't mind sharing your thoughts?
    Posted:
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

    W. I. T. B.

    Callaway Flash Star 10.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4+ 16° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18° Tourspec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23° Tourspec Speeder 904HB X
    Miura Golf CB•301 5-6 iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Golf CB•57 7-9
     iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 46° | 06° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 52° | 10° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 58° | 10° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura KM•350 Soft Black Stability EI GJ 1.0
    Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track
  • MJisGOATMJisGOAT  4586WRX Points: 3Members Posts: 4,586
    Joined:  #77

    MJisGOAT wrote:


    MJisGOAT wrote:




    That's wicked low bounce. Wow.




    With the grind, they don't play like low bounce. With the 501's and TB's they had a tendency to get stuck (steep) in soft conditions. The mb001 and CB 57 have less bounce than the TB's and 501's but the grind makes all the difference.




    How do my Baby Blades fit into that equation, if you don't mind sharing your thoughts?




    I personally don't think thats a match that works. The BB's are a completely different set of irons. Both the MB001's and CB 57's have the same leading edge grind, and the irons flow almost seamless on into the scoring irons. I can't recall the turf interaction on the BB's because they were just too less of an iron to look down at for me (0 confidence) and I didn't really give them the time of day that they may deserve or shall I say demand.
    Posted:
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    "inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Goodbye my WRX Family & Friends! ....) Foxboro, MA 2510WRX Points: 163Members Posts: 2,510
    Joined:  #78
    MJisGOAT wrote:


    MJisGOAT wrote:





    With the grind, they don't play like low bounce. With the 501's and TB's they had a tendency to get stuck (steep) in soft conditions. The mb001 and CB 57 have less bounce than the TB's and 501's but the grind makes all the difference.




    How do my Baby Blades fit into that equation, if you don't mind sharing your thoughts?




    I personally don't think thats a match that works. The BB's are a completely different set of irons. Both the MB001's and CB 57's have the same leading edge grind, and the irons flow almost seamless on into the scoring irons. I can't recall the turf interaction on the BB's because they were just too less of an iron to look down at for me (0 confidence) and I didn't really give them the time of day that they may deserve or shall I say demand.




    Man, I love them :-)



    Would your feelings remain the same if I told you I was only planning on using a CB57 5 iron and playing 6-P Baby Blade?



    Essentially would that eliminate your concerns of transition into scoring clubs?



    Thanks!
    Posted:
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

    W. I. T. B.

    Callaway Flash Star 10.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4+ 16° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18° Tourspec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23° Tourspec Speeder 904HB X
    Miura Golf CB•301 5-6 iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Golf CB•57 7-9
     iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 46° | 06° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 52° | 10° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 58° | 10° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura KM•350 Soft Black Stability EI GJ 1.0
    Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Goodbye my WRX Family & Friends! ....) Foxboro, MA 2510WRX Points: 163Members Posts: 2,510
    Joined:  #79
    Has anyone asked Joe Kwok to hand grind CB57's to blend with a set of Baby Blades?



    Posted:
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

    W. I. T. B.

    Callaway Flash Star 10.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4+ 16° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18° Tourspec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23° Tourspec Speeder 904HB X
    Miura Golf CB•301 5-6 iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Golf CB•57 7-9
     iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 46° | 06° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 52° | 10° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 58° | 10° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura KM•350 Soft Black Stability EI GJ 1.0
    Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track
  • MJisGOATMJisGOAT  4586WRX Points: 3Members Posts: 4,586
    Joined:  #80
    That's up to you, but typically the grind comes in handy on the short irons (when your angle of attack tends to be a bit steeper). Nothing is concrete in golf.



    If the cb57's didn't have the grind, I wouldn't praise them. I was going to go cb1007's with the y grind till I heard talk about the cb57's. I waited most of 2014 in anticipation for the 57's snd they finally delivered.



    They're as playable as ping s55's with looks and feel to follow. They have mid/low bounce that is perfect for those dry conditions and yet the grind helps in the soft conditions.



    Not too many things are perfect (if any) but the cb57's are about as perfect as it's gonna get for the discerning and applicable golfer.
    Posted:
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    "inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Goodbye my WRX Family & Friends! ....) Foxboro, MA 2510WRX Points: 163Members Posts: 2,510
    Joined:  #81
    Hmmmmmm. Wow!



    May have to watch for a steal on a set, based on your description.
    Posted:
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

    W. I. T. B.

    Callaway Flash Star 10.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4+ 16° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18° Tourspec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23° Tourspec Speeder 904HB X
    Miura Golf CB•301 5-6 iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Golf CB•57 7-9
     iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 46° | 06° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 52° | 10° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 58° | 10° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura KM•350 Soft Black Stability EI GJ 1.0
    Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track
  • MJisGOATMJisGOAT  4586WRX Points: 3Members Posts: 4,586
    Joined:  #82
    Posted:
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    "inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • nitramnitram Take Dead Aim  5292WRX Points: 127Members Posts: 5,292
    Joined:  #83
    ^^^^ Opportunity has a tendency to knock this time of year ^^^^
    Posted:
    Epic Flash SZ 2D 9* Kiyoshi Black 65
    Exotics CB2 13.5* Diamana Kai'Li 80X
    Exotics CB2 18* Matrix Ozik TP8HDX
    PING S55 4-W DGTI X100
    Callaway MD5  50, 54, 58  DGTI S400
    Cameron 009 Prototype (A010656)
  • MJisGOATMJisGOAT  4586WRX Points: 3Members Posts: 4,586
    Joined:  #84
    nitram wrote:


    ^^^^ Opportunity has a tendency to knock this time of year ^^^^




    Yep, and I've seen these in hand. If I didn't have my eye on some other items I would of bought them for myself.
    Posted:
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    "inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
  • station2stationstation2station  6627WRX Points: 2Banned Posts: 6,627
    Joined:  #85
    laguna79 wrote:


    I'm I dreaming to think I can go to 57's from Mizuno MP-54's ?



    I'm currently trying to arrange to travel 1000 miles to a fitter later on in the year with getting a set of 57's as the goal.



    Any feed back would be great or suggestions of a more realistic progression from my Mizuno MP-54's




    A "WRX like" for having PJ Harvey as your avatar.
    Posted:
    Callaway 816 DBD 9° Speeder TS
    Titleist 915f 15° Diamana Blue
    Callaway Apex Pro hybrid 3/20°
    Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-A, Modus 120-TS
    Vokey 50/54/60
    Odyssey Works Rossie
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Goodbye my WRX Family & Friends! ....) Foxboro, MA 2510WRX Points: 163Members Posts: 2,510
    Joined:  #86
    MJisGOAT wrote:

    nitram wrote:


    ^^^^ Opportunity has a tendency to knock this time of year ^^^^




    Yep, and I've seen these in hand. If I didn't have my eye on some other items I would of bought them for myself.




    I wish. Now isn't the right time for a 1200 purchase. I saw a set of 4-P go for 650 a month or so before Christmas, if I saw that again, I may bite. But not the set listed. Great looking set and Chip is a great guy.
    Posted:
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

    W. I. T. B.

    Callaway Flash Star 10.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4+ 16° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18° Tourspec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23° Tourspec Speeder 904HB X
    Miura Golf CB•301 5-6 iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Golf CB•57 7-9
     iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 46° | 06° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 52° | 10° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 58° | 10° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura KM•350 Soft Black Stability EI GJ 1.0
    Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track
  • tincup_jefftincup_jeff  232WRX Points: 54Members Posts: 232
    Joined:  #87

    MJisGOAT wrote:

    nitram wrote:


    ^^^^ Opportunity has a tendency to knock this time of year ^^^^




    Yep, and I've seen these in hand. If I didn't have my eye on some other items I would of bought them for myself.




    I wish. Now isn't the right time for a 1200 purchase. I saw a set of 4-P go for 650 a month or so before Christmas, if I saw that again, I may bite. But not the set listed. Great looking set and Chip is a great guy.




    You get what you pay for. The set listed at 1200 are in pretty good shape...I can't imagine the set for 650 would be in great shape (unless you don't care...).



    I got a mint set of 57's (from a seller on here) for 1,100 shipped.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • federerfan23federerfan23  695WRX Points: 90Members Posts: 695
    Joined:  edited Jan 29, 2016 #88
    I'm looking to buy a set if anyone is selling.
    Posted:
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Goodbye my WRX Family & Friends! ....) Foxboro, MA 2510WRX Points: 163Members Posts: 2,510
    Joined:  #89


    MJisGOAT wrote:

    nitram wrote:


    ^^^^ Opportunity has a tendency to knock this time of year ^^^^




    Yep, and I've seen these in hand. If I didn't have my eye on some other items I would of bought them for myself.




    I wish. Now isn't the right time for a 1200 purchase. I saw a set of 4-P go for 650 a month or so before Christmas, if I saw that again, I may bite. But not the set listed. Great looking set and Chip is a great guy.




    You get what you pay for. The set listed at 1200 are in pretty good shape...I can't imagine the set for 650 would be in great shape (unless you don't care...).



    I got a mint set of 57's (from a seller on here) for 1,100 shipped.




    You don't say? ... If you'll notice, I currently play Baby Blades.



    And the 57's I saw go for $650 were mint, 4-P. Obviously, plus shipping.
    Posted:
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

    W. I. T. B.

    Callaway Flash Star 10.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4+ 16° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18° Tourspec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23° Tourspec Speeder 904HB X
    Miura Golf CB•301 5-6 iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Golf CB•57 7-9
     iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 46° | 06° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 52° | 10° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura Hand Grind 58° | 10° iSeries iCWT 105 X
    Miura KM•350 Soft Black Stability EI GJ 1.0
    Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track
  • subwrxsubwrx  87WRX Points: 33Members Posts: 87
    Joined:  edited Jan 31, 2016 #90
    MJisGOAT wrote:


    I'll echo the positives stressed throughout the thread. Once you find the right shaft and head combo, these are near perfection.



    Discover Perfection!




    I have to agree! I loved my modified 501's so much so that I wanted another set for travel so I went with the 57's with the same shafts as my 501's but this time I said "yes" to my fitters question to splineing the shafts and I have to be honest,,,, I'm usually playing these over my 501's
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • dukediv2011dukediv2011  993WRX Points: 110Members Posts: 993
    Joined:  #91
    Definitely considering a set of these irons. Can anyone give a long-term review of them?
    Posted:
    TaylorMade M5 Tour 9.0, Accra TZ5 65 M5
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15, True Spec Graphite Design AD 7X
    God only knows what happens in here...
    Bettinardi Hive FCB, BCT Stability 
5

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.