We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

Miura CB57 Review

Comments

• PilgrimPilgrim  63Members Posts: 63
    Still love mine after about 12 months use. No plans to change. Tried PXG 0311t for a fortnight but back to cb57 again now. They are just so consistent and rewarding. No gripes at all
    Posted:
    PXG 0811 9.0
    Ping G30 3 wood
    Miura CB57 3-PW
    Miura 51, 56, 59
    Scotty Newport 2
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • dukediv2011dukediv2011  993Members Posts: 993
    Had a fitting yesterday and placing my order today. Excited!
    Posted:
    TaylorMade M5 Tour 9.0, Accra TZ5 65 M5
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15, True Spec Graphite Design AD 7X
    God only knows what happens in here...
    Bettinardi Hive FCB, BCT Stability 
  • subwrxsubwrx  87Members Posts: 87
    Pilgrim wrote:

Still love mine after about 12 months use. No plans to change. Tried PXG 0311t for a fortnight but back to cb57 again now. They are just so consistent and rewarding. No gripes at all

The sold feel will never get old as I love mine for 2nd year in a row! My builder is carrying PXG now so I had to give them a try, just using the launch monitor. They were definitely longer, but that's cause they are stromger lofts and they don't feel anything like my 57's. I'm long enough with them and feel/accuracy is more important to me. But I did order a PXG driver, 3 wood and hybrid that I am plying and loving!
    Posted:
  • Jack PearsallJack Pearsall  3461Members Posts: 3,461
    PepsiDuck wrote:

I love my CB57s after playing them for a few weeks. Coming from CB202s and recently from Mizuno MP4/MP15. Biggest difference I've experienced is in trajectory. Identical trajectory from 4i to PW. That is, my 4i flies as high as my PW. I love that.

He would find that really annoying, same flight for all irons...he doesn't want his 4 iron anywhere near as high as his PW.
    Posted:
    Taylormade SLDR TP 430 10*
    Taylormade Aeroburner 15*
    Taylormade SLDR 19*
    Titleist 909H 21*
    Mizuno MP FliHi 24*
    Mizuno Yoro MP-15 5-PW
    Mizuno MP T7 52* 58*
    Odyssey White Hot #6
  • eaglestan66eaglestan66  540Members Posts: 540

MJisGOAT wrote:

nitram wrote:

^^^^ Opportunity has a tendency to knock this time of year ^^^^

Yep, and I've seen these in hand. If I didn't have my eye on some other items I would of bought them for myself.

I wish. Now isn't the right time for a 1200 purchase. I saw a set of 4-P go for 650 a month or so before Christmas, if I saw that again, I may bite. But not the set listed. Great looking set and Chip is a great guy.

You get what you pay for. The set listed at 1200 are in pretty good shape...I can't imagine the set for 650 would be in great shape (unless you don't care...).

I got a mint set of 57's (from a seller on here) for 1,100 shipped.

Jeff - what iron set do you have in the bag now?

Stan
    Posted:
    Wilson Cortex 10.5 Atmos TS Blue S
    Aeroburner TP Mini 14° Matrix 70 Proto S
    Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow 85 S
    Titleist 818 H1 21 ACCRA 85 S
    Miura CB57 4-Pw Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120S
    Miura 52 & 58 Black Series KBS 120S KM-350 putter
  • dukediv2011dukediv2011  993Members Posts: 993
    Got mine today. Took them straight to the range and found them to be the most consistent irons (especially distances) that I have ever played. So pumped about these!
    Posted:
    TaylorMade M5 Tour 9.0, Accra TZ5 65 M5
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15, True Spec Graphite Design AD 7X
    God only knows what happens in here...
    Bettinardi Hive FCB, BCT Stability 

Advertisement
  • TzoidTzoid Maryland 1727Members Posts: 1,727
    I have been lusting after a set of 1957 CB57's since they launched so I jumped at a set on BST. The shafts are a wildcard but the deal was too

good to pass up on in my opinion. The set is 4-PW with Matrix Program F15 95 Stiff shafts.

I look forward to playing these and I already know they are not crazy soft like my Endo forged OnOff Kuros
    Posted:
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • owenzyowenzy  6Members Posts: 6
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the input on the clubs, I have put an order for the CB57s. Specs wise I ordered the same as my mizuno set up and altered for the 1 degree flatter lie of the Miura.

question: ball flight? do you feel the CB57 are a true flight compared to your normal shaft preference or higher or lower. I have a high swing speed and play C taper 130x in my MP25 and have good shot dispersion and spin. HC 4-6. distance and direction are not my issue: ball flight and height control. I play in Australia (hard and windy) and Asia (soft) and I am getting better at adjusting my swing to the varied conditions. I am pretty comfortable with my club spec but will get a review and adjustment of loft, lie once I receive the new clubs. The Trial CB57s i hit come of the face great and good feed back. Fast ball speed and distance similar to MP25s, they had stiff shaft option in them and I will step up to C taper x 130. I would prefer a lower flight compared to the MPs25. 95% of that is technique but confidence in the club that it wont jump off and produce a weak flight takes time. I live in Asia and the shaft options here are limited and support a slow swing speed market.
    Posted:
    Miura Freaks , no feed back on height image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> any thoughts, clubs being built this week, anyone hit CB 57s v MP 25s? My comments would be , much softer impact feel, more confidence than MP 25, doesn't feel as hot of face but actually about the same in distance, spin, flight higher??
    Posted:
  • SmoothStroker81SmoothStroker81 I'd rather be driving a Kirkland Sig  207Members Posts: 207
    I got a set with Nippon Modus3 120X shafts. Mine are flying about a full club shorter than my MP5/C-Taper 130x setup...Shafts?
    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade M2 9.5 Rogue 125 70TX
    3W: Taylormade M2 15 Tour AD Di-7X
    5W: Taylormade M1 19 Tour AD Di-7X
    2i & 4i Honma TW-U Forged w/ Nippon Modus 105X
    5i-PW: Miura CB-57 w/ Nippon Modus 120X
    Wedges: 52, 56, 60 Vokey SM6
    Putter: Black Lab BL-1
    Bag: Ping Hoofer
    Thanks Rookie, I am coming from C taperX - MP25 to CB 57, I also expect to loose a 1/2 club difference in distance but maybe pick up a little spin. I was on the fence of going back to C taper S+ but stuck with the X.

Do you use the Modus 3 120x right through to wedges?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • OldplayerOldplayer  2372Members Posts: 2,372
    I recently picked up a combo set of 501 and mb 001. 4-6 in the 501's. I did not expect to like the 501's much from what I've read since they were released, but after playing them the opposite was the case. The shape of the long and mid irons are just about perfect to my eye. Set up beautifully and the feel and ballflight I just love. Did not find them hard to hit at all. On the other hand the jury is still out on the 001's. Didn't take to them near as much.
    Posted:
  • MJisGOATMJisGOAT  4586Members Posts: 4,586
    Oldplayer wrote:

I recently picked up a combo set of 501 and mb 001. 4-6 in the 501's. I did not expect to like the 501's much from what I've read since they were released, but after playing them the opposite was the case. The shape of the long and mid irons are just about perfect to my eye. Set up beautifully and the feel and ballflight I just love. Did not find them hard to hit at all. On the other hand the jury is still out on the 001's. Didn't take to them near as much.

I'd argue that the mb001 may be just as or more so forgiving than the 501s. I sure do miss my black boron 501s though; someone got a deal!
    Posted:
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    "inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
  • OldplayerOldplayer  2372Members Posts: 2,372
    MJisGOAT wrote:

Oldplayer wrote:

I'd argue that the mb001 may be just as or more so forgiving than the 501s. I sure do miss my black boron 501s though; someone got a deal!

I'd love to find 7-pw in the 501's to complete my set but I don't think that is going to happen without having to shell out some big bucks. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
  • RedproRedpro  975Members Posts: 975
    FLOGMR wrote:

Ahhhh....GolfWRX "Tell all" image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />

I am 69 years young....have managed to shot my age at 67....68...and now 69....about 20 times in all so far image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />

Nice! A goal and standard for all of us getting on!
    Posted:
  • FLOGMRFLOGMR  1288Members Posts: 1,288
    Redpro wrote:

FLOGMR wrote:

Ahhhh....GolfWRX "Tell all" image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />

I am 69 years young....have managed to shot my age at 67....68...and now 69....about 20 times in all so far image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />

Thanks Redpro....another year has passed by and I have "Parked" my CB 57's in favor of a set of the PP 9005 G's....had 6 age or sub-age rounds with them so far this year image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Will be 71 in a few months and hope to keep the trend alive. The 57's were great but all I can say about the 9005 G's is "Longer, higher, straighter".. about a club and a half longer than the 57's and a higher trajectory image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:

Advertisement
    FLOGMR wrote:
    Redpro wrote:
    FLOGMR wrote:
    Ahhhh....GolfWRX "Tell all" image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' /> I am 69 years young....have managed to shot my age at 67....68...and now 69....about 20 times in all so far image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
    Thanks Redpro....another year has passed by and I have "Parked" my CB 57's in favor of a set of the PP 9005 G's....had 6 age or sub-age rounds with them so far this year image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Will be 71 in a few months and hope to keep the trend alive. The 57's were great but all I can say about the 9005 G's is "Longer, higher, straighter".. about a club and a half longer than the 57's and a higher trajectory image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

That's great news to hear, but I'm sure the distance is due to the 3* loft difference compared to the cb57, unless you have them bent to similar lofts.
    Posted:
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
  • HopnstopnputtHopnstopnputt  338ClubWRX Posts: 338
    MJisGOAT wrote:

FLOGMR wrote:
    Redpro wrote:
    FLOGMR wrote:
    Ahhhh....GolfWRX "Tell all" image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' /> I am 69 years young....have managed to shot my age at 67....68...and now 69....about 20 times in all so far image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />

That's great news to hear, but I'm sure the distance is due to the 3* loft difference compared to the cb57, unless you have them bent to similar lofts.

Well said - and that's why I need to remember whether I have my OnOff Kuro or CB-57 in bag that day as i pull club out, lol.
    Posted:
    MJisGOAT wrote:

FLOGMR wrote:
    Redpro wrote:
    FLOGMR wrote:

There is no doubt the added distance is partly due to stronger lofts...but my 57's are tweaked up 2* so they should be closer than they are....Good example.... In normal conditions my CB 57 8 iron is my stock 145 yd club....the PP 9005G is an easy 155 yds and as far as 160 if I jump on it..... BUT the 9005G hits the ball higher at the same time... BTW both sets have the same shafts (Aerotech i80 "R:") Longer carry with higher trajectory IS a GOOD THING!!

My closest golfing friend also has a set of 9005G's having parked his PP 9003's (Also same shafts both sets) and he too has picked up about a club more distance with higher trajectory image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Not wanting to turn a CB 57 review thread into a 9005G rant....At my age any club that gives me some of my lost distance back is more than welcome.... BTW I still play and love my 57's on occasion.... But the 9005G's are now my go to set and have rewarded me with some great scores...during August, after having them for only a few weeks I had my best round of the year.., 68 (4 under) Good ball striking and good putting is a great combination image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
    You've always been a baller.

I thinks it's time to open a thread reviewing these 9005G of yours.
    Posted:
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    FLOGMR wrote:

MJisGOAT wrote:

FLOGMR wrote:
    Redpro wrote:
    FLOGMR wrote:

There is no doubt the added distance is partly due to stronger lofts...but my 57's are tweaked up 2* so they should be closer than they are....Good example.... In normal conditions my CB 57 8 iron is my stock 145 yd club....the PP 9005G is an easy 155 yds and as far as 160 if I jump on it..... BUT the 9005G hits the ball higher at the same time... BTW both sets have the same shafts (Aerotech i80 "R:") Longer carry with higher trajectory IS a GOOD THING!!

My closest golfing friend also has a set of 9005G's having parked his PP 9003's (Also same shafts both sets) and he too has picked up about a club more distance with higher trajectory image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Not wanting to turn a CB 57 review thread into a 9005G rant....At my age any club that gives me some of my lost distance back is more than welcome.... BTW I still play and love my 57's on occasion.... But the 9005G's are now my go to set and have rewarded me with some great scores...during August, after having them for only a few weeks I had my best round of the year.., 68 (4 under) Good ball striking and good putting is a great combination image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

What did increasing the lofts on the 57's do to the bounce angle on the sole? Did it affect your strike? Have heard that the 57's sole is great in both firm and medium to soft turf conditions. I just obtain a set and plan on getting either Recoil F3 95's or Nippon 950GH in them, both in R-flex. Six iron plays at 37.25". Hope the swing weights come out D1 or less. Also see the head weights are "heavier" than others. Will probably have to visit nearest Miura dealer to consult.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • SmoothStroker81SmoothStroker81 I'd rather be driving a Kirkland Sig  207Members Posts: 207
    owenzy wrote:

Thanks Rookie, I am coming from C taperX - MP25 to CB 57, I also expect to loose a 1/2 club difference in distance but maybe pick up a little spin. I was on the fence of going back to C taper S+ but stuck with the X.

Do you use the Modus 3 120x right through to wedges?

Just through PW. I think the CB57's have a lower trajectory anyway, so with the 120X the shorter irons now have a really low trajectory and don't jump off the face like expected....could be user error.
    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade M2 9.5 Rogue 125 70TX
    3W: Taylormade M2 15 Tour AD Di-7X
    5W: Taylormade M1 19 Tour AD Di-7X
    2i & 4i Honma TW-U Forged w/ Nippon Modus 105X
    5i-PW: Miura CB-57 w/ Nippon Modus 120X
    Wedges: 52, 56, 60 Vokey SM6
    Putter: Black Lab BL-1
    Bag: Ping Hoofer
    What did increasing the lofts on the 57's do to the bounce angle on the sole? Did it affect your strike? Have heard that the 57's sole is great in both firm and medium to soft turf conditions. I just obtain a set and plan on getting either Recoil F3 95's or Nippon 950GH in them, both in R-flex. Six iron plays at 37.25". Hope the swing weights come out D1 or less. Also see the head weights are "heavier" than others. Will probably have to visit nearest Miura dealer to consult.

Bumping the lofts 2* reduced the bounce slightly...no issues with the turf action. I was coming from PP 9003 SN's before the CB 57's and wanted the approx. same loft profiles....it worked very well image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

We build a lot of CB 57's with Recoil and NS Pro shafts... if the shaft weight is under 100 grams we usually (Unless specified by customer) go with the set based off a 38" 5 iron which gives you a 37.5" 6 iron.... Swing weights come out right around D-2

I am sure you will love your 57's...sweet clubs for sure.
    Posted:
    FLOGMR wrote:

Bumping the lofts 2* reduced the bounce slightly...no issues with the turf action. I was coming from PP 9003 SN's before the CB 57's and wanted the approx. same loft profiles....it worked very well image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

We build a lot of CB 57's with Recoil and NS Pro shafts... if the shaft weight is under 100 grams we usually (Unless specified by customer) go with the set based off a 38" 5 iron which gives you a 37.5" 6 iron.... Swing weights come out right around D-2

Thank you!
    Posted:
    FLOGMR wrote:

And, you'll need to post a video of the swing that you shoot your age with so I can copy it for a few years !! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
  • BEND OF THE RIVER GCBEND OF THE RIVER GC  6562Charter Members Posts: 6,562
    delete
    Posted:
    TM M1 Kurokage shaft
    TM RBZ 3 wood stock Ozik shaft
    TM R11 4 wood Fujikura Rombax 6X07
    TM RBZ with Oban Revenge shaft
    Ping G irons 4-UW
    Nike VR 56*
    Nike VR 60*
    Black Lab oil can 350g custom grind by Geo
    Ping 4 Under carry bag

Advertisement
  • glensmithisglensmithis GlenSmith  481Members Posts: 481
    I have a set of Small "Baby" Blades but, I am considering bagging a set of the CB57's so I don't wear out my "Baby's". Has anyone played them in the Black Boron finish? I am curious about how the finish holds up? And, can they be refinished if or when they wear?
    Posted:
  • tincup_jefftincup_jeff  232Members Posts: 232

Definitely considering a set of these irons. Can anyone give a long-term review of them?

I've had the lust for CB57's for a long time and finally bought them about a year ago. I wanted ultra feel and buttery soft response. I must say that I was disappointed when I absolutely nutted the ball, it felt more like a muted/ click response. I wanted silk in my hands when I hit it right, and it just didn't work out that way (for me). Turf interaction was pretty good.

I'm currently gaming the Bridgestone J15 MB's. Butter soft, and high launching with my D.G. X100's in them (I have a steep angle of attack).
    Posted:
  • tincup_jefftincup_jeff  232Members Posts: 232

MJisGOAT wrote:

nitram wrote:

^^^^ Opportunity has a tendency to knock this time of year ^^^^

Yep, and I've seen these in hand. If I didn't have my eye on some other items I would of bought them for myself.

I wish. Now isn't the right time for a 1200 purchase. I saw a set of 4-P go for 650 a month or so before Christmas, if I saw that again, I may bite. But not the set listed. Great looking set and Chip is a great guy.

You get what you pay for. The set listed at 1200 are in pretty good shape...I can't imagine the set for 650 would be in great shape (unless you don't care...).

I got a mint set of 57's (from a seller on here) for 1,100 shipped.

Jeff - what iron set do you have in the bag now?

Stan

Stan,

I'm currently gaming the Bridgestone J 15 MB's 5-pw, (Srixon U65- 4i). Soft as melted butter in your hands when you hit them right, and are plenty forgiving for a true blade...

I'm lost on my wedges right now. I have the Vokeys, but I want a Forged wedge...If I have to pay $300-$400 for a Miura Wedge, I may just go 20 min. down the street straight to PXG and get custom fit for 2 (thats all I can afford right now). LOL
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • glensmithisglensmithis GlenSmith  481Members Posts: 481

Definitely considering a set of these irons. Can anyone give a long-term review of them?

I've had the lust for CB57's for a long time and finally bought them about a year ago. I wanted ultra feel and buttery soft response. I must say that I was disappointed when I absolutely nutted the ball, it felt more like a muted/ click response. I wanted silk in my hands when I hit it right, and it just didn't work out that way (for me). Turf interaction was pretty good.

I'm currently gaming the Bridgestone J15 MB's. Butter soft, and high launching with my D.G. X100's in them (I have a steep angle of attack).

Yea, “butter” is NOT a Miura feel. Miura is a SOLID, ball compressing, pure feeling ‘click’. I actually feel that I get better feedback from my Miura Small “Baby” Blades than I ever did with a “buttery” feeling iron. I know when and where I miss when I miss.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.