Adams xtd forged irons

12346»

Comments

• KRW59KRW59 Hoarder Members  987WRX Points: 204Handicap: 4.9Posts: 987 Golden Tee
    SwooshLT wrote:

KRW59 wrote:

Adam's last hurrah.

Threw all their tech into a players style iron.

Bought mine at the high $$$ release price.

And have never regretted it.

Stock everything?

Pretty much stock nothing. They have been thru a few "adjustments"

Stock RIP Tour 115 in regular flex wasn't the best fit. Pulled and

soft stepped once, better ... but that was abut the same time that

The Recoil 95 Prototype was released to the public .Much better.

Also took the time to do a blue print build. Adjusting head weights

and doing a "Poor man's moi" ascending Swingweight, 1/2" overlength, loft/lie - stronger/more upright....etc....etc.

Edit: Nothing in any of my.bags is stock. Rarely does a stock club

last more than 3 swings before I tear.it down, and rebuild , trying

to make it better....Golf, the never ending pursuit of perfection..
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Cobra King F9 10.5* / Fuji Diamond Speeder 5-SR
    TEE EX10 Beta 16.5* / Fuji Platinum Speeder 5-SR
    TEE EX10 19* / Fuji Platinum Speeder 6-S
    TEE EX9 22* / Attas 4U 7-S.
    TEE EX9 25* / Attas 4U 7-X
    I have added about 10 grams of weight to all the fwy / hybrid
    shafts , using Sensicore inserts wrapped with lead tape.

Cobra Forged Tec Black / 28* 6 iron thru 49.5* GW / 4.5* gapping
    Recoil 780 Es Smac wrap F3 / GW shaft internally weighted to 95 grams

King Black Wedges / 54* versatile/ Recoil 95 F3 shaft weighted to 110 grams
    58* versatile / Recoil 110 F4 shaft weighted to 125 grams ( heat shrink tube )

Piretti 1/1 GSS High Toe Potenza II or Piretti 1 of 2 GSS Capri or Piretti GOAT or..........

Flask - Crown Black
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members  7353WRX Points: 412Handicap: 5Posts: 7,353 Titanium Tees
    KRW59 wrote:

SwooshLT wrote:

KRW59 wrote:

Adam's last hurrah.

Threw all their tech into a players style iron.

Bought mine at the high $$$ release price.

And have never regretted it.

Stock everything?

Pretty much stock nothing. They have been thru a few "adjustments"

Stock RIP Tour 115 in regular flex wasn't the best fit. Pulled and

soft stepped once, better ... but that was abut the same time that

The Recoil 95 Prototype was released to the public .Much better.

Also took the time to do a blue print build. Adjusting head weights

and doing a "Poor man's moi" ascending Swingweight, 1/2" overlength, loft/lie stronger/more upright....etc....etc.

Edit: Nothing in any of my.bags is stock. Rarely does a stock club

last more than 3 swings before I tear.it down, and rebuild , trying

to make it better.

Great to hear Sir..... I'm a tinkerer also and had these before....sorely missed them and found a set in BST here. Can't wait until I get my grubby hands on them! S55/Ap2 hybrid....
    Posted:
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members  7353WRX Points: 412Handicap: 5Posts: 7,353 Titanium Tees
    Quick update here..... these just work!!! Shame they are hard to find
    Posted:
  • llamontllamont Members  1912WRX Points: 162Posts: 1,912 Platinum Tees
    I have a set with R-flex KBS Tour shafts and they are great feeling irons. I don't have them in my bag at the moment but they are in the backup rotation.
    Posted:
    I love golf
    llamont wrote:

I have a set with R-flex KBS Tour shafts and they are great feeling irons. I don't have them in my bag at the moment but they are in the backup rotation.

Just went to this shaft! Put them back he said!

llamont wrote:

Just went to this shaft! Put them back he said!
    Posted:
  • tbonetwtbonetw Members  425WRX Points: 109Posts: 425 Greens
    I play with a guy who bought his when they first came out and he just changed them so he must have had them for 4 years or so. Personally my favorite Adams iron was the CMB. Super solid, great looking. I found the XTD to be a little clicky. But they are still very solid.
    Posted:
    TM SIM 9* PX Smoke Green 70S
    Srixon Z85 13.5* Rogue 70S
    Adams Super LSP Tour issue 17* Kuro Kage 80S
    Ping G410 Crossover 3 Tensei Blue
    Ping G700 4-PW DG S300
    Ping Glide 2.0 52* 58*
    Cleveland Frontline ISO putter
    Taylormade TP5

Advertisement

Okay oh Prophetic One!!!!! Played with the Adams XTD FORGED.......as stated above, I've been really close in my scoring .....Iron play has been the Achilles heel to my game. Scores have inflated to 79-83 range rather than the 72-77 on normal courses.

Without a warm-up due to mats(HATE MATS) we were on the course and I promptly missed my 1st green......rut row......8 holes like later , I finished front nine one under hitting the final 8 greens!!!

Not as good on back but 3 over with 5 greens and one bad drive costing me double but much happier with 73 2 over !!

And yes Chris, you turned me on to these fine machines.....all credit due!!!
    Posted:
  • Panerai111Panerai111 Members  550WRX Points: 50Posts: 550 Golden Tee
    Just bought a set off CPO. $135! In good condition.
    Posted:
  • Phil_I_am 84Phil_I_am 84 Members  159WRX Points: 59Posts: 159 Fairways
    Just picked up a set with pxi shafts. Can't wait to hit them. In great shape
    Posted:
    • Titleist TS3 Driver
    • Adams XTD Black Super Hybrid 15* Hybrid
    • TaylorMade RBZ 19* Hybrid
    • Calaway Rogue 5 Iron
    • Cleveland 588 CB 5-7 MB 8-PW Irons
    • Cleveland RTX 4 52, 56, 60 Wedges
    • Cleveland Huntington Beach #11 Putter
    • Bridgestone X Ball
  • LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHMembers  2211WRX Points: 302Handicap: 7Posts: 2,211 Platinum Tees
    Late to the party but I purchased a set today. XTD Forged 3-PW. They have KBS C-Taper but no shaft bands so I have no clue what flex they are. From waggle test and hitting on the range, I believe they are stiff. Anyway to confirm this? Etching under one of the grips???

I got to hit them at the range, flex feels similar to my z785 with modus 120s.

I really like these and loving the long irons. Look great at address and look like they have a really nice ball flight (dark so hard to judge). Couldnt see where they landed. Looking forward to playing them Saturday if weather is nice.

They dont feel as nice as my z785 but when you hit sweet spot, they have a good forged feel. No complaints. Might be a contender and knock z785 out of my bag lol
    Posted:
    Taylormade M6
    Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
    Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
    Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
    SC Phantom X 5.5
  • ian-500ian-500 Members  1080WRX Points: 289Handicap: 12Posts: 1,080 Platinum Tees
    LaymanM wrote:

Late to the party but I purchased a set today. XTD Forged 3-PW. They have KBS C-Taper but no shaft bands so I have no clue what flex they are. From waggle test and hitting on the range, I believe they are stiff. Anyway to confirm this? Etching under one of the grips???

I really like these and loving the long irons. Look great at address and look like they have a really nice ball flight (dark so hard to judge). Couldnt see where they landed. Looking forward to playing them Saturday if weather is nice.

They dont feel as nice as my z785 but when you hit sweet spot, they have a good forged feel. No complaints. Might be a contender and knock z785 out of my bag lol

I'm a gate crasher too image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Bought my tour issue set in the last 3 weeks with Recoil Prototype 125 F5. I think these are fantastic. I know what you mean about the feel, but it's really really close to a one piece forged. Distance is good considering the lofts. I thought something was wrong when the Adams 7i couldn't compete with my previous 7i, but then realised that my previous 7i was 1* weaker than the Adams 6i!

Played 12 today and playing 18 tomorrow. So far so good.
    Posted:
    DR: Callaway Rogue SZ 9° + Diamana W60x.
    FW: in the making.
    HY: Callaway Apex19 4h 23° + Tour AD IZ 95x.
    Irons: Taylormade R9 Forged 5i-PW + Quadra 100i Pro x.
    Wedges: iCleveland RTX3 52/58
    SeeMore SB1, Accra FX300.

Advertisement
    LaymanM wrote:

Never too late! I'm the OP from what , 2015? I just grabbed ANOTHER set of heads....these just make sense for me....same tech as they advertise with 2019 apex pro.. in a better looking package imho....

Did you get any rounds in yet?
    Posted:
  • Indygolfer85Indygolfer85 Members  301WRX Points: 100Posts: 301 Greens
    Just grabbed a set of lefty tour issue heads and am building them up with some DG AMT s300s later this week!

It is going to be tough knocking the i210s out of the bag but I’m looking forward to trying!
    Posted:
    '17 TM M2 9.5*
    TM M5 5w 
    TEE XCG6 3h 
    Ping i210s
    TM MG 2 50*/54*
    TM Hi Toe 60*
    Bettinardi Inovai 6.0
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • pierso2pierso2 Shooters Shoot Members  2605WRX Points: 34Handicap: 4Posts: 2,605 Bunkers
    SwooshLT wrote:

LaymanM wrote:

Never too late! I'm the OP from what , 2015? I just grabbed ANOTHER set of heads....these just make sense for me....same tech as they advertise with 2019 apex pro.. in a better looking package imho....

Love how LT starts this thread 2 years ago and comes back in like the prodigal son and buys another set. I knew you couldn't stay away!

I've owned 3 sets. First ones I bought, played, and sold. Now I'm gaming another set and have a backup ready to go. These irons really are unicorns if you ask me. Now excuse me while I go look for another set...
    Posted:
    Option 1
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
    Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
    Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
    Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
    Adams MB2 GW
    Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
    Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
    Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
    Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
    16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
    Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
    Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
    Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2
    pierso2 wrote:

SwooshLT wrote:

LaymanM wrote:

Love how LT starts this thread 2 years ago and comes back in like the prodigal son and buys another set. I knew you couldn't stay away!

I've owned 3 sets. First ones I bought, played, and sold. Now I'm gaming another set and have a backup ready to go. These irons really are unicorns if you ask me. Now excuse me while I go look for another set...

You're not very good at math Christopher.....it's nearly FOUR years ago that we started this!
    Posted:
  • pierso2pierso2 Shooters Shoot Members  2605WRX Points: 34Handicap: 4Posts: 2,605 Bunkers
    SwooshLT wrote:

pierso2 wrote:

SwooshLT wrote:

LaymanM wrote:

You're not very good at math Christopher.....it's nearly FOUR years ago that we started this!

I really am bad at math! If this thread stays up for a full 4 years, we might get bumped to antique clubs image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
    Posted:
    Option 1
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
    Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
    Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
    Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
    Adams MB2 GW
    Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
    Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
    Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
    Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
    16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
    Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
    Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
    Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2

Advertisement
    pierso2 wrote:

SwooshLT wrote:

pierso2 wrote:

SwooshLT wrote:

LaymanM wrote:

I really am bad at math! If this thread stays up for a full 4 years, we might get bumped to antique clubs image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />

More like CLASSIC! 🤣🤣😉😉
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.