Revised Community Standards - Comments

GwrxModGwrxMod Marshals Posts: 1,416 mod
Please place your comments and constructive criticism regarding the revised community standards in this thread.

REVISED COMMUNITY STANDARDS

GolfWRX Owners, Management and Moderators have met and discussed our community standards, in particular as it relates to photos posted in our Tour Talk and LPGA forums. The "spirit" of these revisions are to define what and where specific photos (ie: PGA & LPGA players) can be posted. The following standards will be applied immediately:

1. In Tour Talk and LPGA forums, discussion must be golf and tournament related. Photos posted must be of golf courses or players playing or practicing golf. Posts in specific tournament threads must be related to the tournament itself. Photos of promotional events related to ongoing tournaments will also be permitted in these forums. Other photos (players vacationing, exercising, magazine photo shoots, etc. are for the 19th Hole Forum) will not be permitted in Tour Talk and LPGA forums.

2. Non-golf and non-tournament related photos are to be posted in The 19th Hole, including candid Instagram and Twitter photos, glamour or photo shoots and any threads involving this subject matter may be moved to The 19th Hole. However, as always, foul language, nudity, and other objectionable material and posts are not allowed, and sexually oriented or sexually suggestive posts and images may be removed in the discretion of GolfWRX. So please keep risque shots of players in the 19th hole and NOT in the Tour Talk or LPGA forums.

3. So-called “upskirt” photos and other sexually suggestive or potentially offensive photos that might have been shot by accident or caught in the field performing the sport, regardless of whether they are taken on or off the golf course, are not permitted anywhere on the site, and will be removed in the discretion of GolfWRX. The standard to be applied is subjective, but photos taken without the subject's knowledge or consent and posted with sexually suggestive intent will be removed.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Comments

• 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 9,765 ✭✭
    Very simply put...outstanding.
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace [font=comic sans ms,cursive]SNYPER [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]II [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]46"[/font][/font]
    Oregon Ducks Bag
  • lumberman2462lumberman2462 Members Posts: 5,325 ✭✭
    Seems good.

Well done.
    SYard T388
    TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
    Miura CB-57 3-PW
    Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
    Old Titleist Blade
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,219 ClubWRX
    Ok,I'll bite the bullet and ask the question. I'm trying to understand how certain pics in the LPGA thread were inappropriate yet the recent Alexis Thompson pics, which show aspects of her anatomy that leave little to the imagination were appropriate. Same holds true for the article on Lauren Thompson and accompanying photos.

To quote Steven Covey, seek to understand then be understood.

I know you all have a tough job here and appreciate you taking the time to consider the question.
  • GnomesteelGnomesteel Members Posts: 971 ✭✭
    Alexis Thompson chose to be in that cover photo. Upskirt shots and the like are of a much different origin. The way a photo was captured says a lot about its intent.
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,219 ClubWRX
    Gnomesteel wrote:

Alexis Thompson chose to be in that cover photo. Upskirt shots and the like are of a much different origin. The way a photo was captured says a lot about its intent.

There have never been any pictures of that nature that I've seen posted and if there were they should be reported. There are social media pictures that the players take themselves so intent is not the issue. This is more about content which is the nature of my question.
  • GnomesteelGnomesteel Members Posts: 971 ✭✭
    DavePelz4 wrote:

Gnomesteel wrote:

There have never been any pictures of that nature that I've seen posted and if there were they should be reported. There are social media pictures that the players take themselves so intent is not the issue. This is more about content which is the nature of my question.

I haven't seen them either, but I assume they've been posted and quickly removed or this wouldn't be an issue.
  • mshillsmshills T-I-G-E-R-S! Fight Tigers, fight dammit, FIGHT FIGHT! Members Posts: 3,815 ✭✭
    Let's not have this debate and invite pages of manufactured outrage from the four regulars in the LPGA forum, please.

Thanks for posting up the revised community guidelines. Well done.
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg
    TEE E8 Beta 16.5 deg
    Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood
    TEE CB Pro 3h 21 deg
    Titleist 735.CM 4-PW, S300
    Titleist Vokey 54.14, 58.08
    Dave Curry Big Oak custom center shaft
    Custom Eliott carry bag, waxed canvas and leather
  • south_side_leftysouth_side_lefty Posts: 1,109 ✭✭
    mshills wrote:

Let's not have this debate and invite pages of manufactured outrage from the four regulars in the LPGA forum, please.

Thanks for posting up the revised community guidelines. Well done.

Make that FIVE regulars.
  • LuvToGolfGuyLuvToGolfGuy Posts: 382 ✭✭
    It's obviously your site and you can make whatever rules you want to, but was it that big of a problem, or an issue?

I'm a semi frequent browser of the ladies golf forum and IMO, there are solid posters there who at times, post pictures of the opposite ****. All in good taste, I may add. Heck, a lot of information/pics about a lot of the LPGA players are from their very own instagram/twitter/facebook accounts.

I guess I don't really understand the harm.............

But I digress.
    Ping G30 LS Tour 65 Shaft
    Ping G 3 Wood
    Ping G 3 Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Tour 4 hybrid
    Nike Covert 5,6,7 iron (PX 6.0)
    Nike VR_S 8-PW Blades (PX 6.0)
    Nike VR_S 52* & 56*
    Ping Glide 2.0 60*
    Nike Method 001 33"
  • wetdogsmellwetdogsmell Members Posts: 319
    This is because of Jimenez warm ups isn't it. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Seriously though, I think these standards are reasonable and welcome them.
  • johnstitchjohnstitch Members Posts: 1,202 ✭✭
    Good call. Golfwrx is for Golf and Golf equipment. Let's keep it simple.
  • poppyhillsguypoppyhillsguy Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭
    There is a disgusting, upskirt picture in the ad you run by Taboola right under where I am typing (21 Embarrarrassing Moments You Will Never Forget Wizzed). Please do some internal housekeeping as well. Thank you.
  • Mr. GrumpyMr. Grumpy The Quintana Changeup, sit em dwn Members Posts: 2,264 ✭✭
    Life Buzz as well..

I'm down with the new guidelines, but can there be a sweep of the risky ad's as well?
  • tolmijtolmij Living in paradise Members Posts: 3,567 ✭✭
    Good rules, some golf forums I have visited are more like **** sites.
    Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).
  • alexdubalexdub Face sends it, path bends it UtahMembers Posts: 1,058 ✭✭
    I have to agree with the above comment concerning the Taboola links found at the bottom of every GWRX page. If some of those photos were posted by members, they would get removed. No question.

Interesting that these suggestive photos are allowed to remain when they are generating revenue, but would in all likelyhood be removed if posted by a member.

Please don't misconstrue my argument though—I'm not arguing for the allowance of more racy photos in the forums. Only to have the Taboola links at the bottom of every page cleaned up a bit instead.
    Clubs: Callaway XR16 Pro 9.0* •• Ping G 14.5* •• Scratch EZ1 3-PW •• Ping Glide 52* 56* 60* •• Ping WRX Scottsdale BeNi
    Shafts: Fujikura ATMOS Black 7X •• Project X Blue 8B4 •• KBS C Taper 125
    Balls: TP5 •• Srixon Z Star XV •• Pro V1
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator Posts: 26,553 admin
    The taboolas ads are 100% driven by your cookies and websites visited. You can post screenshots and we can investigate but they are tailored to each user.
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • stage1350stage1350 If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything. Members Posts: 10,239 ✭✭
    Are the popup ads tailored too? It only happens on this website. Using Chrome, but also get blocked ads on IE. Kind of annoying when you click onto a thread and the ad switches you to a new page.
    Tour Issue Bridgestone J715 B5 9.5° / Project X T1100 75g 6.5 flex ___OR___ TC Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9° / Graphite Design P9003 TX
    TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Project X T1100 95g 6.5 flex ______________ TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX
    TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° / Project X T1100 95g 6.5 flex____________ TC Callaway Epic hybrid 18° / Graphite Design DI-105 X
    DLC Black Bridgestone J15CB 3-PW / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7_________ Scratch AR-1 v2 3-PW / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7
    DLC Black Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 54°&60 / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7___ Scratch FIT DS 54°&60° / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7
    Bettinardi BB2 Prototype Copper Plated _______________________________ Scratch McCoy 8802 handmade

They can keep erasing this. They simply prove my point... censors.
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator Posts: 26,553 admin
    Please post the pop ads so they can be removed. All 3rd party ads are targeted by nature. We do not allow them but they sneak into the ad networks used.
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    BST AD Help
  • youraway2youraway2 Just Old Sticks Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭
    Not sure why questions about the R&A's action to remove Muirfield from the Open rotation and comparison questions about the European Tour playing tournaments in the UAE are not allowed. If calling out Muirfield for not allowing women membership is valid for many days, why would you pull the thread when posts were questioning tournaments being hosted in a country who's laws allow women being raped. Maybe these questions are a good thing and someone, perhaps your publication or reporters need to ask this question.
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Ping G-400 Max, 10.5, Xtorsion[/font]
    PXG, 15-degree, ACCRA
    PXG, 19-degree hybrid, ACCRA
    Cobra DWS Utility 19-degree
    CF-16, 4-PW, UST Recoil
    0311 PXG, 5-AW, i70 Areotech Steel-fiber
    SW, 56 PXG
    Ping Nickel Anser II
    This is not the appropriate website for such discussions. Plenty of others are out there for those topics.
    BST AD Help
  • youraway2youraway2 Just Old Sticks Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭
    Gxgolfer wrote:

This is not the appropriate website for such discussions. Plenty of others are out there for those topics.

Not really - you're just intimated.
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Ping G-400 Max, 10.5, Xtorsion[/font]
    PXG, 15-degree, ACCRA
    PXG, 19-degree hybrid, ACCRA
    Cobra DWS Utility 19-degree
    CF-16, 4-PW, UST Recoil
    0311 PXG, 5-AW, i70 Areotech Steel-fiber
    SW, 56 PXG
    Ping Nickel Anser II
    Call it whatever you want. The topics are out of bounds and warnings will be issued per the forum rules.
    BST AD Help
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,366 ClubWRX
    youraway2 wrote:

Gxgolfer wrote:

Not really - you're just intimated.

I don't think he wants to be that close to you, Norm Crosby.