andrew_m WITB Fall 17 - Blacked out M1 430, M2 DF, MB Smoke, Kia Ma

13»

Comments

• Ed SettleEd Settle #InsideTMAG ClubWRX Posts: 6,046 ClubWRX
    edited Sep 12, 2017 #62
    andrew_m wrote:

Fall 17 Update: I haven't really gotten to play since the spring, maybe 3 or 4 rounds. Really excited to have a DF M2 at 13.7 degrees and about 2 degrees open. I wanted a shaft with some flex to the tip since I will be using it off the fairway as well and want it to get up in the air easy. I ended up between the Tensei Pro Blue and the AD F-7s, and went with the F-7s because I saved a lot of money. I'm getting around 3400 spin and 38 yards peak height, and I'm happy. My dispersion with this is about the same as the Blue, and much tighter than the Pro White, the Whiteboard, and the AD-TP.

Very interested in some more info on the F-75 shaft. I have a AD TP-7 stiff in my M2 3 wood now. I'm seriously thinking about given the F 75 a try
    Twitter: @Ed_Settle

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Graphite Design VR-6X
    Fairway 3w: TaylorMade M5 Ti 3/15* GD GP-6X 
    Driving Iron: TM P-790 4/23* KBS Proto Hyb 85S
    Irons: New Level 4-PW Nippon Modus 105 S
    Wedges: New Level 50/52/Callaway Custom 60 WB Grind Modus 115 Wedge 
    Putter: Something new from Toulon Design
    Ball: Callaway ERC Soft/Callaway CSX Triple Track
    Bag: Vessel Black 14 way carry

My WITB
  • mqmh_03mqmh_03 Equipment Junkie Members Posts: 272 ✭✭
    andrew_m wrote:

Fall 17 Update: I haven't really gotten to play since the spring, maybe 3 or 4 rounds. Really excited to have a DF M2 at 13.7 degrees and about 2 degrees open. I wanted a shaft with some flex to the tip since I will be using it off the fairway as well and want it to get up in the air easy. I ended up between the Tensei Pro Blue and the AD F-7s, and went with the F-7s because I saved a lot of money. I'm getting around 3400 spin and 38 yards peak height, and I'm happy. My dispersion with this is about the same as the Blue, and much tighter than the Pro White, the Whiteboard, and the AD-TP.

I have this same F-75s shaft in my Epic 5W and it silky smooth. Great launch profile and helps elevate the ball off the deck really well.

Nice solid bag there andrew_m!
    Cobra F9 9° Accra TZ6 M4 65 | Titleist TS2 15º Tensei AV Blue 75s
    TM P790 UDI Tour AD 95S
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4i | Mizuno JPX 900F 5-9 Nippon Modus3 Tour 105s
    Vokey SM7 46°F/50ºF/55ºS/60ºD
    TM Spider X copper
  • Shanks2424Shanks2424 Members Posts: 218 ✭✭
    The satin and smoked TM Blades you have are in my opinion are the best taylormade has made. The p730 irons are a tied for 1st in looks but cant give a over all rating since I have not hit them yet. But when I can I will.
    Brad's Bag 2019
    Driver- Titleist 910 D3 8.5 Fujikura Speeder Pro TS Stiff
    3 Wood- Titleist 909 F3 15* Matrix HD9 Stiff
    Hybrid- Adams A12 Pro 18* Project X PXI 6.0
    3-PW- Mizuno MP57 3-PW TT Dynamic Gold S300
    Wedges-Cleveland 588 Forged Raw 54/58 TT Dynamic Gold S300
    Putter- Odyssey Tank 1 34 Inches Super Stroke Flatso 1.0
    Ball- Titleist Pro V1
    Bag Ogio Woode Stand Bag
     Grips Lamkin UTX Wrap 2 Wraps of Tape

Gavin's Bad 9 Year old son
    Driver- Cobra Fly Z 12.5 Junior Cobra Shaft
    4Wood- Cobra Amp 16.5 Cobra Junior Shaft[/background]
    Hybrid- ???????
    6-PW Cobra Max Apollo Junior Steel Shaft
    Wedges- Cobra Max 50*  Cobra Pur 56* Apollo Junior Steel Shaft
    Putter- Odyssey Metal X Rossie Super Stroke Ultra Slim 1.0
    Ball- Titleist DTtru Soft.
    Bag- Maxfli Black and Blue Junior Bag
    Winn Dritec on Driver and 3 Wood
    Golf Pride Junior Tour Velvet On Irons and Wedges.
  • andrew_mandrew_m Members Posts: 341 ✭✭
    edited Sep 15, 2017 #65
    Ed Settle wrote:

Very interested in some more info on the F-75 shaft. I have a AD TP-7 stiff in my M2 3 wood now. I'm seriously thinking about given the F 75 a try

mqmh_03 wrote:

I have this same F-75s shaft in my Epic 5W and it silky smooth. Great launch profile and helps elevate the ball off the deck really well.

I took it out yesterday and hit it as often as I could - every tee possible, I was dropping balls in the fairway just to see. This is definitely silky smooth. I hit it off every type of grass I could - thick rough, light rough, fairway, tight lies - and it flat-out performed. Without a doubt, the best 3 wood I've ever hit. Easy to launch off the fairway, easy to work left and right, high and low. My default is a high fade, and this just hits the perfect shape every time. The M2 DF head is an unbelievable combo with it.

Shanks2424 wrote:

The satin and smoked TM Blades you have are in my opinion are the best taylormade has made. The p730 irons are a tied for 1st in looks but cant give a over all rating since I have not hit them yet. But when I can I will.

I'm looking forward to hitting them as well. They're beautiful clubs, I just hope they don't price them too too high.
    M1 430 8.5 // AD TP-6s
    M2 DF 13.7 // AD F-7s
    JPX900 at 15 // CK HY 80s
    PXG 0311X Darkness 2 // CK HY 80S
    RAC MB TP Smoke // Rifle Flighted 6.0
    Z TP Smoke 52 MG Hi Toe 60
    Circa 62 No. 7
    edited Sep 24, 2017 #66
    3 tour issue Z TP wedges on the way! 52, 58, 60 to add to my 54/60 protos. I don't have the distance I want with them, so I think the 52/58 combo will work well.

Edit: if anyone's got a 64, I'm interested.
    M1 430 8.5 // AD TP-6s
    M2 DF 13.7 // AD F-7s
    Circa 62 No. 7
    Looking to get a Graphite Design driver shaft. Anyone have feedback on AD-IZ, AD-TP, AD-DI, and AD-GP? The AD-F in my M2 is a great shaft.

I naturally launch the ball pretty high, so looking to flatten it out. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.
    M1 430 8.5 // AD TP-6s
    M2 DF 13.7 // AD F-7s
    Circa 62 No. 7
  • JonesyJonesy Members Posts: 1,532 ✭✭
    You'd probably be looking at the GP and TP over the others if you launch it high. Maybe even the BB...

I only have experience with the DI, I don't battle to get the driver airborne and even though this is supposed to be a higher launching shaft I've never had any issues with it, it actually comes out mid to high and penetrating which is ideal for me.

What I can say is that this shaft is quality, it was definitely worth buying and it won't be going anywhere any time soon.
    Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5*
    Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18*
    Mizuno MP H-4 2 iron
    Callaway X Prototype 4 - PW
    Cleveland 50* Mizuno 54* 58* MP-T11
    Scotty Cameron Newport
    Jonesy wrote:

You'd probably be looking at the GP and TP over the others if you launch it high. Maybe even the BB...

I only have experience with the DI, I don't battle to get the driver airborne and even though this is supposed to be a higher launching shaft I've never had any issues with it, it actually comes out mid to high and penetrating which is ideal for me.

What I can say is that this shaft is quality, it was definitely worth buying and it won't be going anywhere any time soon.

Thanks for the tip - ordered an AD - TP for the M1 today for holiday golf. Guess I'm a Graphite Design convert now.
    M1 430 8.5 // AD TP-6s
    M2 DF 13.7 // AD F-7s
    Circa 62 No. 7
    edited Dec 8, 2017 #70
    Picked up the driver and hit a few on the launch monitor. This is without doubt the best feeling shaft I've ever had in a driver. Dispersal was tight, straight, and was easy to hit whatever shape I wanted - draw, fade, high low. Incredibly smooth and I knew exactly where it was. Avg 2700 RPM, 15* LA, 55R Sidespin, 268 carry.

Here's a quick comp to some other driver shafts I've had

Matrix Reign Black G-60T - The Matrix is lower spin and lower launch, but about 10 yards shorter and most importantly, dispersal isn't even close to the TP. Tends to go right for me.

HZRDUS Red HC 62 6.0 - Red launches higher with similar spin, but feels softer at the tip. Harder to tell where the club is.

Fuel TS 60 - This was a close second for me. I like this shaft a lot for dispersal, but just can't stack up with the TP for distance.

RIP Alpha Green Eyes 70 - I just can't load this club as it needs to be loaded to really go after it - I don't swing hard enough. Good shaft for distance, though.

LZ 6.0 HC - This one is probably third, it launches nicely and feels smooth.
    M1 430 8.5 // AD TP-6s
    M2 DF 13.7 // AD F-7s
    Circa 62 No. 7
    Put in a 907D2 and paint break V-Steel T/S because I was getting bored with the M1/M2 combo. The driver has a ByYou 70-S and the V-Steel has an IverX. Remember those? Switched from the Smoke irons to the Satin, because I'm hitting the Royal Precision 6.0 shafts better than the X100s. Better feel. Picked up a 60 degree Hi-Toe -- magical.

It's a fun bag. I'm hitting more fairways and greens.

M1 430 8.5 // AD TP-6s
    M2 DF 13.7 // AD F-7s
    Circa 62 No. 7
  • manxytagmanxytag Members Posts: 515 ✭✭
    Just bought some smokes after seeing yours. I had a set years ago so looking forward to hitting them.

Now looking for a driver, maybe a burner super fast or 510.
  • Drew9281Drew9281 Members Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Love the greystone headcover. One of my favorite courses here in Tennessee.
    Taylormade M5 9*
    Taylormade M5 14* (rocket)
    Mizuno CLK 19* & 22*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli-Hi 5
    Mizuno JPX 900F 6-GW
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50* 54* 58*
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
  • 03trdblack03trdblack ClubWRX Posts: 1,833 ClubWRX
    edited Jul 8, 2018 #74
    Drew9281 wrote:

Love the greystone headcover. One of my favorite courses here in Tennessee.

Me too! Although I did play Sweeton's Cove today and it's my new favorite.
  • Hit em goodHit em good Hit em good Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭
    Super solid all the way through!
    Driver: 07 Burner TP
    4 wood: Ping G25
    7 wood: Ping G25
    23° hybrd:  Ping G25
    5i - pw: Mizuno MP64
    Wedges 50° / 54° / 58°: Cleveland Rotex 2.0 (2 dot , 3 dot , 2 dot)
    Putter: Ping Redwood Anser
    Ball: Titleist Pro v1x / Pro v1
    Bag: Titlest Stand Bag / 4 way top
13»