The Method Thread - Never Forget - We still rolling out here - sick customs and more (NO BUY SELL TR

Comments

• afroclelandafrocleland Members Posts: 113
    Tinkering with the latest oven acquisition. I’m a sucker for anything that says prototype.

• PraterGolfPraterGolf Members Posts: 23 ✭✭

Tinkering with the latest oven acquisition. I’m a sucker for anything that says prototype.

Good find!!!
    Instagram @ BGPrater
    Member of Final Nike Golf "Oven" Crew
    PraterGolf wrote:

Good find!!!

Thanks! What's the 411 on this? Since it's an insert, I can't tell if it's been milled in a factory or not.
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,735 ClubWRX

Very nice. What does the face look like?
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
    cvhookem63 wrote:

Here it is and here’s one beside a of the shelf method core drone. Definitely different inserts, the oven one is a matte finish, looks like rubber actually.

• binknrumbinknrum Members Posts: 263 ✭✭
    A.Princey wrote:

C Bird wrote:
    Thanks for the pics! How would I go about removing the insert? I'm thinking I'll go for some sort of Matte Black at this point. I do like the way the insert feels. Can the insert be painted as well?

Hot to boiling hot water should melt the glue pad. Submerge for a minute or so and you should be able to pry it out easy.

I used my heat gun on low pointed at the back of the putter for a few minutes, then used a paint scrapper/razor blade to pry out the insert. The boils water will work as well. I found the paint scrapper made removing the insert pretty simple. The insert is pretty flexible, so bending it slightly as you pull it out is fine.

I don’t think the insert could or should be painted.
    Callaway Epic - Project X Evenflow Blue 65
    Callaway Rogue Sub-Zero 3 Wood - Project X Evenflow Blue 75
    Callaway Steelhead XR 7 Wood Tensei Blue 65
    Nike Covert Forged 4-AW Irons
    Nike Engage 56 Wedge
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 60 Wedge
    Nike Origin B2-05 Putter
  • binknrumbinknrum Members Posts: 263 ✭✭

cvhookem63 wrote:

Here it is and here’s one beside a of the shelf method core drone. Definitely different inserts, the oven one is a matte finish, looks like rubber actually.

To me, that looks like a white and red version of the Method Matter and Method Converge inserts which are two layers of RZN. Probably an early prototype. The Method Core stock putters had (as I recall), an aluminum/plastic insert. Very cool. Love the look of those big bumper Methods.
    Callaway Epic - Project X Evenflow Blue 65
    Callaway Rogue Sub-Zero 3 Wood - Project X Evenflow Blue 75
    Callaway Steelhead XR 7 Wood Tensei Blue 65
    Nike Covert Forged 4-AW Irons
    Nike Engage 56 Wedge
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 60 Wedge
    Nike Origin B2-05 Putter
    Trying to stage a bit of a putter clear out, but I can’t seem to let any of these 3 go... some of the others are lovely too, but these 3 are like my holy trinity of oven blades.
  • ruffellprefleyruffellprefley Members Posts: 2,029 ✭✭
  • fishstix94fishstix94 Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭
    edited Jun 10, 2018 #4751

Now that's pretty, I love the sight line.
  • Gstew1930Gstew1930 Members Posts: 169
    Anyone wanna swap their B1-01 for a B1-04?
    Nike Vapor Flex 440 - Fujikura Atmos Black 6x
    Taylormade P790 UDI 2 iron
    Nike Vapor Pro 3-PW - PX 6.5
    Vokey SM7 52 &56 Px 6.5
    Taylormade Hi Toe 60*
    Bettinardi Mizuno C03H
    TP5
    Gstew1930 wrote:
    Anyone wanna swap their B1-01 for a B1-04?
    PMd
  • jtitleist12jtitleist12 Members Posts: 3,020 ✭✭
    Anyone have a new or mint B2-01 Origin they would like to sell? The heavier the head the better!
  • BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,584 ✭✭

Anyone have a new or mint B2-01 Origin they would like to sell? The heavier the head the better!

Have a heavier head B1-01. Pulled the counterflex shaft and put in a black shaft.
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X (swap with 2 iron)
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• acy274acy274 Members Posts: 745 ✭✭

I do and I'll send you a PM.

On another note, time for Tiger to ditch the Scotty and bring back the 001!
    acy274 wrote:

I said that after the memorial in the Nike golf thread!
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• acy274acy274 Members Posts: 745 ✭✭

acy274 wrote:

I said that after the memorial in the Nike golf thread!

I thought the Memorial was a blip, but apparently not :/

It couldn't hurt to change it up... could not be putting worse lol.
    An “old” putter:

�

An “old” putter:

�

Nice to know my Origin can go 250 off a tee when I need to and not bend or break anything!
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

Has anyone tried the copper inserts for methods from bigfootgolf? Considering buying a putter just to try it.

Has anyone tried the copper inserts for methods from bigfootgolf? Considering buying a putter just to try it.

I bought a copper insert from him a couple years ago for a Method Matter B2-01 that I refinished to silver...wish I had never sold that putter!

It was basically a Nike Buttonback for under $125!

- Josh

I bought a copper insert from him a couple years ago for a Method Matter B2-01 that I refinished to silver...wish I had never sold that putter!

- Josh

I’m assuming it was softer then? I quite fancy trying it. I know it defeats the purpose of the whole method thing, but I don’t like the idea of copper.
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,735 ClubWRX

- Josh

I did the same thing. I like the soft feel of the copper insert, and it increased the head weight to 368g on my B2-05

DOhIjBQ.jpg

I87u0Ji.jpg?1
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100

- Josh

I’m assuming it was softer then? I quite fancy trying it. I know it defeats the purpose of the whole method thing, but I don’t like the idea of copper.

Not as soft as you would think because the stock insert on the Method Matter line is resin and not polymetal grooves, but the copper felt awesome and developed a patina plus it made the putter heavier.

- Josh

- Josh

Here is a link to the one I refinished...seriously two of the cooler putters I had ever owned and refinished/completed...damnit! LOL...

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1285042-fs-if-you-like-copper-inserts-come-take-a-look/

- Josh

- Josh

Here is a link to the one I refinished...seriously two of the cooler putters I had ever owned and refinished/completed...damnit! LOL...

http://www.golfwrx.c...me-take-a-look/

- Josh

Very cool! When you removed the method insert, was it a goner? I'm wondering if it's something I can reverse.

Very cool! When you removed the method insert, was it a goner? I'm wondering if it's something I can reverse.

I'm not sure if you could get the original resin insert out without damaging it. I heated mine from the back cavity with a heat gun to get the factory two sided tape to release the insert, but the heat warped the insert.

You might be able to freeze the putter head to get the tape to release and possibly very carefully use an X-acto knife to remove the insert...

- Josh
  • FSUgolferFSUgolfer Members Posts: 6

I had ordered and the product never showed up. It had fallen out of the tiny unsealed plastic bag and flipped out of the regular mail envelope and was denied refund. After about a month of BS eBay finally issued me a refund for this. After roughly 20 or so eBay purchases this was my only problem, so I can not recommend him. Buyer beware.

I’m going to go to spryevo on insta when I have a bit more time to tinker around with my game/stick. He has more options available and can even do milling. Good luck! My matter B2-05 is an amazing putter which is stupid easy to get it on the right target BUT the current insert is gross as it feels like I’m hitting the ball with a cloud with no feedback. I need a more solid feel. This is coming from a Ping Karsten Answer 2 for the past 8 years.

- Josh

http://www.golfwrx.c...me-take-a-look/

- Josh

These putters are what inspired me to put together my B2-05. The TM putter looks great too.
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
  • daralikedaralike Members Posts: 244 ✭✭
    edited Jun 25, 2018 #4771
    Here's my mint Origin B1 14. Got a good deal on the bay. Took the SENSR grip off, replaced with stock Lamkin and bent two degrees flat. Had my best two league rounds of the year with this flatstick.
    Post edited by Unknown User on