#Releasetheputter - The Method Appreciation and Info Thread - (NO BST)

wldchld22

#ReleaseThePutter

Continuation of the original topic: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/902163-the-rors-006-thread-per-nikegolf-its-time-releasetheputter-41515/

UPDATE 4.15.15

GolfWRX,

I'm honored and humbled by what happened last night and what is going to happen today. When I started this thread in 2013 I was just a silly man recovering from knee surgery with a hope and a dream. You all helped that dream come true today. Today is a day that many said would never come. It is here and we are poised to reap the benefits.

Thank you for proving my belief that this thread and website is the finest collection of gear enthusiasts on the planet.

Today is 4.15.15. Today is the day they #ReleaseThePutter.

Thank you and Good Luck

4.15.15 there will be a limited release of The RORS 006 Limited Edition putter.

prorobo, on 14 April 2015 - 09:21 PM, said:

For those unwilling to sift through this and the other major 006 thread for these tidbits, here's the rundown per Nike's Twitter feed today:

1,000 putters available globally

Available in the US tomorrow

April 17:

• Available in Canada at select GolfTown locations and a few at Angus Glen in Toronto ($550 in Canada)

• US online only at Golfsmith, PGA Superstore, Golf Galaxy and Worldwide Golf Shops

May 7:

•Available in the UK on Nike.com

And....

it is 34"

has a sight line

355 grams

black mid size grip

https://twitter.com/...646210732789760

TWEET EM IF YOU GOT EM! @NIKEGOLF #RORS006GOLFWRX #releasetheputter

Use the Nike summer campaign hashtag #Don'tSleepOnSummer as well on Twitter and Instagram!

Copy and Paste if you want:

@NikeGolf #DontSleepOnSummer 600 votes for the @McIlroyRory #RORS006GOLFWRX Please #ReleaseThePutter !!!

BIG THANKS to PGA43 and PURE745 who have shared pictures of this awesome putter in these two threads...

http://www.golfwrx.c...er#entry6471459

http://www.golfwrx.c...-wrx-oven-trip/

Second...

Nike,

We love that your products are inspired by your athletes. Instead of engineers making the player play your products, you make things they want to play. You use their feedback. We know the 006 Method Midnight was inspired by Paul Casey. Now we ask you to make one inspired by your players like RORS and Nick Watney.

We are tired of other companies selling us putters that look and feel the same. We believe in Method technology. We want the perfect blend of gorgeous design and new technology.

A limited run of putters from the Oven? a mass production? Many of us will buy one, or two! We only ask that you make it. Interchangeable weights? Sure, that could be nice. Your Mod series is gaining a following. Your method tech is gaining a following.

Convert more of us to this tech. Give us that final reason to put you in our bags. Let GolfWRX know that Nike listens to the most fanatical golfing community on earth!

In other words...Just Do It.

-WLDCHLD22 a member of GolfWRX

#ReleaseThePutter

Team RORS,

If it doesn't happen by the Masters that's ok. We will continue asking Nike and it will happen. I have faith in Nike; I do.

When I started this thread I was hoping Nike would realize that they are a giant and can be if they wanted to. Those guys at the Oven are artists and innovators. Look at what they did for Pure and Cota!

There is a market for premium Nike putters. I want em and you want em.

Argue what can be done and what can't but I know this... After this happens we will post our tricked out Rory sticks and keep this thing going. Rors is a beast and Method putters are as well.

Are we fanboys? I think we are beyond that point. Whether you love Nike or Rors this putter has captured our imaginations. I love watching this dude play and drain putts. I love the innovation in Nike putters.

A beautifully shaped head that is timeless and loved. A new technology that works and doesn't detract from the aesthetic beauty of that beloved head shape. An amazing player who might be a once in a generation talent.

All this makes for an amazing product that we can't wait to get our hands on. An amazing thread on the greatest golfing site on the interwebs. This is going to happen and when it does you'll know that they did...

Edited by wldchld22

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1428984724' post='11353599']
Sad to see her go. Proper retirement at 125 pages?
[/quote]

Thats the most I've seen on here by far so I would think its more than proper! Of course it will be one thread we will all remember, it was really cool to witness it happen in real time too!

R.I.P. orignal RORS thread :smilie_nike::smilie_nike::smilie_nike:

Nike Vapor Pro 9.5 Tour ADDI 70S
Taylormade Stage 2 Tour ADDI 80X
Nike Vapor Pro 3-PW S300
Nike VR pro 54 + 60
Scotty Cameron Oil can santa fe

Thats the biggest thread ive ever seen! Atleast we can say she went out on top! With the #releasetheputter 35 hours away!

• Like 1

Taylormade Sim 2 Graphite design AD GP 6
Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7
Titleist 716 CB 3-9 Dynamic gold Tour issue S400
Titleist SM7 Vokey 46.50.54.60 DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron T22 fastback Murdered out

IG _Flagrant

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1428985043' post='11353631']
I'll wait to see if the mods feel this extra thread is necessary before we let her go.
[/quote]

It has to, it wont load, or it has a crazy delay, what if we need info Stat!

• Like 1

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

[quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1428985170' post='11353651']
I'll wait to see if the mods feel this extra thread is necessary before we let her go.
[/quote]

[/quote]

+1, totally agree, we need updates!!!

Nike Vapor Pro 3-PW S300
Nike VR pro 54 + 60

[/quote]

[/quote]

agreed. If they want to/can merge the threads then so be it. I had a tough time just starting the new thread which made me think it's traffic related, but then when I would go to the original I would get an error quite often.

Wednesday is going to be a stressful day. Rory putter AND tax day. Can't wait for one out of two!!

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

[b] It's time. [url="https://instagram.com/explore/tags/releasetheputter/"]#ReleaseThePutter[/url] 4.15.15[/b]

@nikegolf

[b] 7,885 likes and 159 comments. The hype is real.[/b]

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1428985322' post='11353669']
[/quote]

[/quote]

agreed. If they want to/can merge the threads then so be it. I had a tough time just starting the new thread which made me think it's traffic related, but then when I would go to the original I would get an error quite often.
[/quote]

This thread is loading just fine, even the first page of the original thread loads fine its when you go page 120+ is when it takes 10-15 to get in, Then i see my email fill up with posts and i cant get in. Going into weds im gonna need info quickly to say the least! lol

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1428985546' post='11353681']
Believe it or not I filed early. I was hoping to store those funds for a new toy. A shiny new putter looking type toy.
[/quote]

Could we expect to be $450 like the TGW price? Price for me isn't an issue, just would be better if we knew exactly.

Believe it or not I filed early. I was hoping to store those funds for a new toy. A shiny new putter looking type toy.
[/quote]

Sounds like you had some insider info... coincidence??? :D

Nike Vapor Pro 3-PW S300
Nike VR pro 54 + 60

[/quote]

I may make room among the Scottys or even sell one to pick up this one. Hopefully I'm more successful than I was with TGW.

IG Handle: @tarheelnation3

What's in the bag:

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Velocore Blue 6s

Fairway Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 3 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Taylormade Stealth+ 5 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Irons: Srixon ZX7/ZX5 Mk II w/ Nippon Modus 115 LE Black Shafts

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Raw 50/55/60 w/ Nippon Modus 120

Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Aloha (and many others)

[quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1428985721' post='11353699']
[/quote]

Could we expect to be $450 like the TGW price? Price for me isn't an issue, just would be better if we knew exactly.
[/quote]

Agreed. In my mind I just always guessed $1k for something like this. I wonder if TGW had to cancel orders due to incorrect prices as well?

[/quote]

Same here, ive been done and im ready and waiting :superman:

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

[quote name='ChrisBURR69' timestamp='1428985752' post='11353705']
[/quote]

Sounds like you had some insider info... coincidence??? :D
[/quote]

No I wish I as clairvoyant. I'd play lotto then!

A few of the Oven visitors like Pure and Cota said something about a possible spring release when they did their recaps. In fact the Pure quote was in the title for awhile. If I learned anything in 124 pages it was that the 006 head is hard to make which means expensive!

My anniversary dinner cost me almost as much as the putter. I bought a new driver, spikes and all that. Spring time is usually expensive for me. Can't say I filed early just for putter money even though I was being tempted to finally splurge on a full custom from Machine or Betti.

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1428985786' post='11353711']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed. In my mind I just always guessed $1k for something like this. I wonder if TGW had to cancel orders due to incorrect prices as well?
[/quote]

I have to say id like to know, the stats of the release, price, specs and time, would great!
Just so when you get on the page that morning theres no surprises, you know what to expect...

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

Agreed. I think we are all so high on adrenaline right now sticker shock can't effect us.

For me I look at it as an investment as my button back has never left me. I paid $500+ when it released and it has always been my main putter. I like my mm008 and mm006 but when money was on the line the BB was in the bag.

Compared to the money I've wasted on drivers and shafts the putter is a sound investment for me. Thankfully I've never been a putter collector.

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1428986125' post='11353743']
Agreed. I think we are all so high on adrenaline right now sticker shock can't effect us.

For me I look at it as an investment as my button back has never left me. I paid $500+ when it released and it has always been my main putter. I like my mm008 and mm006 but when money was on the line the BB was in the bag.

Compared to the money I've wasted on drivers and shafts the putter is a sound investment for me. Thankfully I've never been a putter collector.
[/quote]

If it makes you feel any better, I have a shaft in one of my putters that cost more than this Nike one that is about to be released :)

What's in the bag:

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1428986332' post='11353765']
Woah! Who makes that?

Any experience with the UST frequency filter putter shaft? I must admit that at 6'1 I'm going to have to extend this thing if it really is only available at 34.5"
[/quote]

I have tried one of those. It's a different feeling, that's for sure. Call me old school, but I still prefer just a regular old steel shaft in mine. I will have to lengthen this thing as well as I play a 36" putter. I'll probably just pull the shaft and put in a whole different shaft and just save the one that comes with this putter, whatever it is.

What's in the bag:

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1428986723' post='11353807']
I did that with my BB. Saved the original putteelr shaft and lengthened it through Scotty. I dream of a House of Franklin putter service. I want a shaft sticker that says Oven Baked!
[/quote]

Another easy fix is the shaft extenders through GolfWorks. Just pull the grip, pop the extender in (you don't even need a solvent, although it calls for it) and then pop the grip back on. Works great and is easy to remove should you ever want to take the extender out.

What's in the bag:

[quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1428985946' post='11353733'][quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1428985786' post='11353711']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have to say id like to know, the stats of the release, price, specs and time, would great!
Just so when you get on the page that morning theres no surprises, you know what to expect...[/quote]

With Nike site. Yes, there will be surprises.

• wldchld22 changed the title to #Releasetheputter - The Method Appreciation and Info Thread - (NO BST)