2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

Pelz Putting Tutor

Gxgolfer ·  
GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-OwnerSF Bay Area, CA 27064WRX Points: 455Rules Official, Administrator Posts: 27,064 Marshals
Posted:
Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Comments

• StevenFStevenF  1277WRX Points: 40Members Posts: 1,277
    Such a simple device. Really helps you develop the feel of hitting a putt with a square face.
    Posted:
    D: Ping G15 9*
    FW: Ping G15 4w
    H: Ping G10 21*
    I: Ping i3 O-size 4-W
    W: Eye 2 SW, G15 G, Eye 2+ L
    P: Taylor Made Monza Spider
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • money mikemoney mike  22WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 22
    Thanks
    Posted:
  • Golf NinjaGolf Ninja Golf Ninja  290WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 290
    Just used it for the first time today inside. It's a very interesting aid because of it's simplicity. I thought it'd be easy because the center white line is "carved out" a little. I thought it would act like a track. I think it has to, to some extent, which makes it a little frustrating when I hit one of the bearings.

I have a very difficult time seeing the aim line - one of the reasons I use the putter pictured. I usually line up the arrows on my ProV1x's from behind the ball and when I get over the putt, I swear it's not aimed where I want - I get back behind the ball, yep, it's right - get back over the ball, nope it's not.

Even with my eyes over the ball evidenced by equal space between the ball and the lines on the putting-tutor + the long white line track, I am still surprised to see the ball end up where it comes to rest when I make it cleanly past the ball bearings.

I got down to ground level and aimed the pelz line to my coffee mug, get up over the putt, and it doesn't look right.

So, I think this will go a long way to help me re-train my eye if I use it enough.

I never hit the left (inside) bearing. I hit the outside right bearing. I learned that I was decelerating. As soon as i started accelerating into impact, I was making it cleanly past the bearings with consistency. It took me a while to realize it as I tried different ball placements and grips. It was nice to see I could use my favored lead hand low grip, accelerate and hit a solid, square putt.

Can't wait to take it to the putting green once the weather clears up.

pelz.jpg
    Posted:
  • nitramnitram WestOK, on the South Canadian Riviera  5454WRX Points: 233Handicap: -1.6Members Posts: 5,454
    Talk about digging one up out of the boneyard...........image/stink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stink:' />

But the Tutor is absolutely one of the best putting aids ever made.
    Posted:
    Epic Flash SZ 2D 9* MCA Diamana ZF 60
    Exotics CBX 119 13.5* & 18* Accra TourZ 382
    Exotics CBX 22* Fuji Speeder 904 HB
    PING S55 5-9 DGTI X100 TI
    Callaway MD5 JAWS 46S, 50S, 54W, 58C  DGTI S400 TI
    Cameron 009 Prototype (A010656)
  • macklinmacklin  161WRX Points: 51Members Posts: 161
    Best training aide I've used in a long time.
    Posted:
    Srixon Z785 - Hzrdus HC T1100 6.5
    Srixon F85 15 Degree -Hzrdus HC Yellow 6.5
    Srixon F85 15 Degree -Hzrdus HC Black 6.5
    718 AP2 4- 6 - KBS C-taper 130X
    718 MB 7 - 9 KBS C-taper 130X
    SM6 - 48, 52, 56 and 60
    Bobby Grace Handmade
  • gotaholen1gotaholen1  128WRX Points: 41Handicap: 5Members Posts: 128
    This really is a good training aid. I am surprised there is not a good knock off version. I think I paid about $30 bucks for this used a few years ago.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ivygynoncivygynonc  38WRX Points: 36Members Posts: 38
    absolutely great.  I suggest not aiming at a hole but trying to hit it specific distances and making it thru the two metal balls.  Then on the real greens all you are thinking about is line and distance.  not the hole and you will see improvement . at least I did. 

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.