Pelz Putting Tutor

GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-OwnerSF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator Posts: 26,545 admin
Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Comments

• StevenFStevenF Members Posts: 1,277 ✭✭
    Such a simple device. Really helps you develop the feel of hitting a putt with a square face.
    D: Ping G15 9*
    FW: Ping G15 4w
    H: Ping G10 21*
    I: Ping i3 O-size 4-W
    W: Eye 2 SW, G15 G, Eye 2+ L
    P: Taylor Made Monza Spider
  • money mikemoney mike Members Posts: 22
    Thanks
  • Golf NinjaGolf Ninja Golf Ninja Posts: 290
    Just used it for the first time today inside. It's a very interesting aid because of it's simplicity. I thought it'd be easy because the center white line is "carved out" a little. I thought it would act like a track. I think it has to, to some extent, which makes it a little frustrating when I hit one of the bearings.

I have a very difficult time seeing the aim line - one of the reasons I use the putter pictured. I usually line up the arrows on my ProV1x's from behind the ball and when I get over the putt, I swear it's not aimed where I want - I get back behind the ball, yep, it's right - get back over the ball, nope it's not.

Even with my eyes over the ball evidenced by equal space between the ball and the lines on the putting-tutor + the long white line track, I am still surprised to see the ball end up where it comes to rest when I make it cleanly past the ball bearings.

I got down to ground level and aimed the pelz line to my coffee mug, get up over the putt, and it doesn't look right.

So, I think this will go a long way to help me re-train my eye if I use it enough.

I never hit the left (inside) bearing. I hit the outside right bearing. I learned that I was decelerating. As soon as i started accelerating into impact, I was making it cleanly past the bearings with consistency. It took me a while to realize it as I tried different ball placements and grips. It was nice to see I could use my favored lead hand low grip, accelerate and hit a solid, square putt.

Can't wait to take it to the putting green once the weather clears up.

pelz.jpg
  • nitramnitram Take Dead Aim Members Posts: 5,177 ✭✭
    Talk about digging one up out of the boneyard...........image/stink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stink:' />

But the Tutor is absolutely one of the best putting aids ever made.
    JBeam BM-435 Blackout 9* Accra Tour-Z RPG 352
    TEE CBX 15* Accra Tour-Z RPG 382
    Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 19* Veylix Rome 988X
    PING S55 4-W DGTI X100
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 50SS, 56SS, & 60ES DGTI S400
    Bettinardi Tour DASS Minovai 2.0
  • macklinmacklin Members Posts: 148 ✭✭
    Best training aide I've used in a long time.
    Srixon Z785 - Hzrdus HC T1100 6.5
    Srixon F85 15 Degree -Hzrdus HC Yellow 6.5
    Srixon F85 15 Degree -Hzrdus HC Black 6.5
    718 AP2 4- 6 - KBS C-taper 130X
    718 MB 7 - 9 KBS C-taper 130X
    SM6 - 48, 52, 56 and 60
    Bobby Grace Handmade
  • This really is a good training aid. I am surprised there is not a good knock off version. I think I paid about $30 bucks for this used a few years ago.
  • ivygynoncivygynonc Members Posts: 24 ✭✭
    absolutely great.  I suggest not aiming at a hole but trying to hit it specific distances and making it thru the two metal balls.  Then on the real greens all you are thinking about is line and distance.  not the hole and you will see improvement . at least I did.