WWE wrestling thread

Comments

• blairdblaird Members Posts: 2,153 ✭✭
    kblahey wrote:

Anyone catch the Andre the Giant HBO doc? It was pretty good!

I have watched it a couple times. I got into wrestling right about the time of WM 3, maybe a little before then (think i was 4 or so then). I only remember Andre as a heel, when he tore Hogan's shirt, and then got beat at WM III. I found it very interesting Hogan wrote out the match for WM III for them. I thought there was a lot of heresay that when Andre fell on Hogan it was actually a botched 3 count and that Andre should have won that match. Cool to see Hogan had it planned the whole time.

Judging by what everyone says about him, he was very well liked and respected and no one ever wanted to mess with him. He seems like a fun guy. Wish his health wouldnt have failed him at the end but he was so large and I dont think took great care of himself the last few years. Crazy how much he could drink as well. I thought it was a great doc!!
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1 Members Posts: 5,717 ✭✭
    Just starting Backlash...Rollins vs Miz is a heck of a match.
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW w/Modus 120 Stiff

TM Milled Grind Black 52 SB and 58 LB w/Modus Tour 125 Wedge
    TM TP Black Copper Mullen 2

TM TP5 Pix
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,374 ✭✭
    Backlash was good. Nia Jax and Alexa Bliss put on nice matches too, probably because they are actually best friends so have good chemistry

Was shocked they basically had Carmela beat Charlotte quasi clean. Especially considering Charlotte just ended the longest undefeated streak in WWE
    Cobra F8+ 8.0 w/Aldila NV65 2kxV
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Steelhead XR 18 w/S300
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
    Callaway MD Forged 52,56 w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/s300
    SGC Northwood Center Shaft 400g
    The Miz/Rollins was a good match. AJ/Nak was good as well...the rest were ok to me.

Man do people hate Reigns. He gets boo'd worse than Shawn Michaels in Canada. I dont think he will ever be the "face of the company" they want him to be. I really think it could be Rollins. He is getting good pops and they are screaming Burn it Down during his music. His matches have been really solid and he looked great in that hour plus he went a few weeks ago.

What was that match with KO/Zayn? KInd of a weird match and turn for them. I really dont think I can see KO being a face but it may work.

Read Bliss has a shoulder injury but it could be a work.

Lastly, can WWE please bring Jericho back? Hes killing it in New Japan and is still huge when shown in WWE. I know he cant go as well as he used to but he aint too bad and he has more charisma than the entire roster put together. Imagine his charisma on Rollins or Reigns, that would be a great "face of the company".
  • TMadigolfTMadigolf Members Posts: 385 ✭✭
    Haven't watched Backlash yet so I don't have my own opinion but everything I've read/seen was besides Rollins/Miz and Nak/AJ it was utter garbage. I may watch those 2 matches
    So far nothing has come close to what Gargano has done in his matches with Almas and Ciampa.

TM TP5 Pix
    I think Gargano and Black alone may make me start watching NXT more. I usually only watch the Takeovers, but those two and EC3 and Undisputed Era may draw me in.

Theres been what 6 or so 5 star matches in WWE and Gargano has been in two of them the last 6/7 months? Him and Almas also put on a classic to start a Takeover before Almas was champ, maybe Brooklyn last year and I dont think that one got 5 stars which was crazy.
    Finishing up the Greatest Royal Rumble. I’m gonna be so glad when they get the title off Lesnar. Always the same thing. German suplex...German suplex...knee...elbow...F5. Match over.

TM TP5 Pix
    It felt like a glorified house show
    MtlJeff wrote:
    It felt like a glorified house show

AK vs Nakamura was good.

Ladder match was good.

That was about it.

TM TP5 Pix
  • devinh821devinh821 Members Posts: 558 ✭✭
    I don’t think lesnar is gonna be at MITB either.
  • jgard320jgard320 ClubWRX Posts: 283 ClubWRX
    I just started rewatching some old shows from the late 90s. Was a huge fan as a kid during the attitude era. The new stuff just doesn’t do it for me.
    shakey wrote:

Finishing up the Greatest Royal Rumble. I’m gonna be so glad when they get the title off Lesnar. Always the same thing. German suplex...German suplex...knee...elbow...F5. Match over.

I will say this about him, IMO I think he sells good for the other wrestlers but yea his matches are getting a bit repetitive. Im guessing somewhere down the line they will get the title on Reigns but Im not sure where. They cant be keeping it on Lesnar til Summerslam can they? Maybe they want him past CM Punk's reign, I dont know.

I had a long drive this weekend and listened to a couple of Jericho's podcasts and the Young Bucks podcast was interesting. They are making an absolute killing doing what they are doing but I could kind of tell in their voices they would like a run in WWE. I dont know if Vince would let them keep all the t shirt money they are making but they could give a shot in the arm to the tag team division. Them an the Club would be an interesting matchup with thier NJPW history and Bullet Club history.
    I think Lesnar signed a contract extension that lasts through Summerslam. So he will prob lose that night. Then off to the UFC again.

TM TP5 Pix
    So we get to wait til August to have a champion on Raw every week. I hope that match doesnt main event, dont think the Brooklyn crowd will be too appreciative. Maybe thats why he isnt at MITB, Chicago is a very smark city and would "CM PUNK" chant that match to death.

I dont know that he ever will but if CM Punk comes back, it has to be in Chicago and has to be a shocker, cannot leak that info. I also think Chicago should be home to the MITB pay per view. I will never forget the pop Punk got when his music hit at MITB when he beat Cena.
    I'm not a big CM Punk fan anymore, he seems like a very vain and bitter guy. Honestly a bit of a hypocrite too considering how much he hated part timers getting key spots in big par per views while he wasn't main eventing, but then had no issue taking a prime time spot in a UFC event ahead of people more deserving due to his celebrity status. Most interviews you hear with him now he's either taking credit for something, talking about how great he was, or crapping on the product. I'm fine with him not coming back

Bret Hart is another guy like that. Every interview he does you pretty much cringe at how bitter he is
    Bobby Roode needs to turn heel and join Dolph and McIntyre

TM TP5 Pix
  • NelsonJohnsonNelsonJohnson Members Posts: 8
    shakey wrote:

Bobby Roode needs to turn heel and join Dolph and McIntyre

Now, that's a great idea! They would make a bad-a** new stable, if ever.
    Wrestling needs heels. There’s just not any good ones besides the Miz right now. I get wwe is being pg and kid friendly but they have to have more people getting heat.

I actually really like the idea of Roode joining them. Probably won’t ever happen. He will just be wasted for 6 years as a mid card.
    Sami Zayn is much better as a heel than a face. So obnoxious it’s perfect.

TM TP5 Pix
  • avguyavguy Replacement Player Sonoran Desert, AZMembers Posts: 1,060 ✭✭
    Isn't Elias a heel? I would enjoy him getting a run with either the ICC or US belt. He has good overall skills, but they give him some bad matches at times.

Perfect size/speed type.
    BAG ONE:                                                                                                                     BAG TWO:
    D-Titleist 917 D2  or 910 D2                                                                                           D-Srixon Z355 
    3-TM RBZ ts                                                                                                                   3-TM R11ti
    H-Titleist 915 H1 17, Titleist 816  H1 21, Bridgestone Precept ECU 25                        H-TM 2.0 SF 18 & 21, Cobra AC 25
    I - TM M5 5-PW Modus 105S                                                                                        I - TM P790 5-PW KBS CTLS
    W- Mizuno 52, Vokey SM6 58                                                                                       W- Mizuno 53, & 58
    P-Bellum Winmore Midi  787                                                                                         P-Guerin TS Black 370

Keeping up with the CM Punk fight on twitter. Looks like he didn’t do well. Too bad him and Vince are on such bad terms. Would be huge to see him and AJ, Joe, Rollins, Balor, Bryan have some major feuds.
    Just now getting to watch Monday’s Raw. Women’s Fatal 4 Way was really good.

Drew McIntyre makes Dolph look like a small kid. Geez.

Mahal still sucks.

TM TP5 Pix
    Vince needs to step away and allow the writers, bookers, producers in nxt to takeover(no pun). The takeovers are overshadowing the main roster events. Dream/ricochet match was incredible and the storytelling with gargano and ciampa is better than anything I've seen on the main roster. Adam Cole is more over than anyone on the main roster with the exception of Rollins maybe and Ciampa is the best heel on any wwe roster.
    blaird wrote:
    Vince needs to step away and allow the writers, bookers, producers in nxt to takeover(no pun). The takeovers are overshadowing the main roster events. Dream/ricochet match was incredible and the storytelling with gargano and ciampa is better than anything I've seen on the main roster. Adam Cole is more over than anyone on the main roster with the exception of Rollins maybe and Ciampa is the best heel on any wwe roster.

Yep. Pretty much...yep to all of this.

TM TP5 Pix
  • jbw749jbw749 Members Posts: 1,128 ✭✭
    Anyone watch glow on Netflix?
  • paulshackpaulshack Members Posts: 1,344 ✭✭
    I'm gonna check some of it out tonight, mostly interested in the ladder match and aj vs nak

I almost do not care for it at all after, yet again, last night nxt ppv just blowing wwe out of the water
    jbw749 wrote:
    Anyone watch glow on Netflix?

I watched it. It was fun. Not great. Main dude is pretty funny.

TM TP5 Pix
    Ziggggggggler!

What a grew match to have been early on Raw. I’ve always thought Dolph was super talented just hasn’t good used in the right way but he drew have it going on right now.

Rousey looking better and better. Her and Charlotte are gonna have some epic matches at some point.

Finally got the Sasha Bayley field. I’m still mad they just don’t give Bayley any chance. It’s all Bliss.
    Dolph deserves the title. I really figured he would win tag titles with McIntyre though.

TM TP5 Pix