WWE wrestling thread

1246736

Comments

  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,741 ClubWRX
    edited Aug 13, 2015 #92
    shakey wrote:


    I remember the old WCW War Games match when Sid Vicious powerbombed Pillman twice to end the match. That was when Pillman had the "injured" shoulder. Brutal match. WWE should bring that match back once a year.
    HaHa, a Classic indeed!!!



    Brian got into a legit dust up with Vicious is the locker room another time and it took Steve Austin and three other guys to pull him off Vicious. You looking at Henning and Vicious, both very large men, but Brian pummeled both. #1, and this is what brought us together in college, but Brian had a deep seeded anger and hostility that festered and grew from childhood, and we would bring that hostility and anger to the football field field. I had no problem leaving it there as while I loved him and a few other teammates like brothers, I had a GF, fraternity Bros and friends and a life away from the team and the Game. Brian did not. He carried that anger and hostility around 24/7, and as I said, he was a powder keg ready to go off. #2, I have never seen someone on a football field use leverage like Brian did. Yes, he was 5'10", 240-245lbs as a nose guard going against guys 3-7" taller and 25-45lbs(we didn't see many 300lbers+ in the early '80s) heavier and Brian was quicker than a cat down the line and he never played above their knees, ever.



    I'll never forget the day that Brian destroyed, and I do mean destroyed Chris Hinton of Northwestern. Hinton a 2-Time All frickin world in college and the 4th or 5th pick in the draft and a 7-8 time All-Pro, spent his afternoon either in his knees with Brian underneath him and the hole clogged, or flat on his fat belly, lmao, with Brian underneath right in the hole or in the backfield and one play I literally ran and stepped on him and went over him and down his back and was hangin on the QB and Hinton's head was down tryin to find Brian, lmao. On film it was hilarious.



    Anyhoo, Brian brought this same leverage to the ring and when need be, the streets. He truly was feared and if ya asked Ric Flair the three men he would never want to meet in an alley for all of the marbles, Brian was his #2. A lot of Guys thought that his psycho act was no act and I had a few ask me when we were out if he was always that way and I don't want to get into other stuff here that I believe effected his personality but yea, Brian was always a powder keg, lol. I used to just laugh and say I was good with it cuz he was my powder keg, lol.



    But that is why Brian was so special in the ring because a lot of his emotions were real, and he was not acting there, especially at the end of his career. He got very unpredictable, though if I ever had to have someone at my back for all the marbles, Brian would be one of the two men that I'd want and he was a great great friend and one of the funniest guys I've ever been around, lol.



    That's great Shake that you remember these matches!!



    Those guys definitely left it in the ring



    Stay well Bro image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />





    Fairways & Greens My Friend,

    Richard
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1 Members Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to spend my allowance every month to buy the PPVs. Had them all on tape. One of the War Games events had Big Van Vader vs Stan Hansen. Just a big fight. I wish I could find that old tape.



    Or just get the WWE network "for just $9.99 a month."
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Nike VPC 4-PW w/Modus 120 Stiff

    TM Milled Grind Black 52 SB and 58 LB w/Modus Tour 125 Wedge
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • TMelectricTMelectric When in doubt, buy both Members Posts: 3,277 ✭✭

    shakey wrote:


    I remember the old WCW War Games match when Sid Vicious powerbombed Pillman twice to end the match. That was when Pillman had the "injured" shoulder. Brutal match. WWE should bring that match back once a year.
    HaHa, a Classic indeed!!!



    Brian got into a legit dust up with Vicious is the locker room another time and it took Steve Austin and three other guys to pull him off Vicious. You looking at Henning and Vicious, both very large men, but Brian pummeled both. #1, and this is what brought us together in college, but Brian had a deep seeded anger and hostility that festered and grew from childhood, and we would bring that hostility and anger to the football field field. I had no problem leaving it there as while I loved him and a few other teammates like brothers, I had a GF, fraternity Bros and friends and a life away from the team and the Game. Brian did not. He carried that anger and hostility around 24/7, and as I said, he was a powder keg ready to go off. #2, I have never seen someone on a football field use leverage like Brian did. Yes, he was 5'10", 240-245lbs as a nose guard going against guys 3-7" taller and 25-45lbs(we didn't see many 300lbers+ in the early '80s) heavier and Brian was quicker than a cat down the line and he never played above their knees, ever.



    I'll never forget the day that Brian destroyed, and I do mean destroyed Chris Hinton of Northwestern. Hinton a 2-Time All frickin world in college and the 4th or 5th pick in the draft and a 7-8 time All-Pro, spent his afternoon either in his knees with Brian underneath him and the hole clogged, or flat on his fat belly, lmao, with Brian underneath right in the hole or in the backfield and one play I literally ran and stepped on him and went over him and down his back and was hangin on the QB and Hinton's head was down tryin to find Brian, lmao. On film it was hilarious.



    Anyhoo, Brian brought this same leverage to the ring and when need be, the streets. He truly was feared and if ya asked Ric Flair the three men he would never want to meet in an alley for all of the marbles, Brian was his #2. A lot of Guys thought that his psycho act was no act and I had a few ask me when we were out if he was always that way and I don't want to get into other stuff here that I believe effected his personality but yea, Brian was always a powder keg, lol. I used to just laugh and say I was good with it cuz he was my powder keg, lol.



    But that is why Brian was so special in the ring because a lot of his emotions were real, and he was not acting there, especially at the end of his career. He got very unpredictable, though if I ever had to have someone at my back for all the marbles, Brian would be one of the two men that I'd want and he was a great great friend and one of the funniest guys I've ever been around, lol.



    That's great Shake that you remember these matches!!



    Those guys definitely left it in the ring



    Stay well Bro image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />





    Fairways & Greens My Friend,

    Richard




    We need to start one of those Kickstarter things and raise money for Richard to write a book about his life. I would definitely buy that. Lol
    Mizuno JPX 900 driver
    Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
    Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
    Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
    Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
    Mizuno MP A303 putter
  • ZAPZAP ClubWRX Posts: 1,625 ClubWRX
    TMelectric wrote:


    shakey wrote:


    I remember the old WCW War Games match when Sid Vicious powerbombed Pillman twice to end the match. That was when Pillman had the "injured" shoulder. Brutal match. WWE should bring that match back once a year.
    HaHa, a Classic indeed!!!



    Brian got into a legit dust up with Vicious is the locker room another time and it took Steve Austin and three other guys to pull him off Vicious. You looking at Henning and Vicious, both very large men, but Brian pummeled both. #1, and this is what brought us together in college, but Brian had a deep seeded anger and hostility that festered and grew from childhood, and we would bring that hostility and anger to the football field field. I had no problem leaving it there as while I loved him and a few other teammates like brothers, I had a GF, fraternity Bros and friends and a life away from the team and the Game. Brian did not. He carried that anger and hostility around 24/7, and as I said, he was a powder keg ready to go off. #2, I have never seen someone on a football field use leverage like Brian did. Yes, he was 5'10", 240-245lbs as a nose guard going against guys 3-7" taller and 25-45lbs(we didn't see many 300lbers+ in the early '80s) heavier and Brian was quicker than a cat down the line and he never played above their knees, ever.



    I'll never forget the day that Brian destroyed, and I do mean destroyed Chris Hinton of Northwestern. Hinton a 2-Time All frickin world in college and the 4th or 5th pick in the draft and a 7-8 time All-Pro, spent his afternoon either in his knees with Brian underneath him and the hole clogged, or flat on his fat belly, lmao, with Brian underneath right in the hole or in the backfield and one play I literally ran and stepped on him and went over him and down his back and was hangin on the QB and Hinton's head was down tryin to find Brian, lmao. On film it was hilarious.



    Anyhoo, Brian brought this same leverage to the ring and when need be, the streets. He truly was feared and if ya asked Ric Flair the three men he would never want to meet in an alley for all of the marbles, Brian was his #2. A lot of Guys thought that his psycho act was no act and I had a few ask me when we were out if he was always that way and I don't want to get into other stuff here that I believe effected his personality but yea, Brian was always a powder keg, lol. I used to just laugh and say I was good with it cuz he was my powder keg, lol.



    But that is why Brian was so special in the ring because a lot of his emotions were real, and he was not acting there, especially at the end of his career. He got very unpredictable, though if I ever had to have someone at my back for all the marbles, Brian would be one of the two men that I'd want and he was a great great friend and one of the funniest guys I've ever been around, lol.



    That's great Shake that you remember these matches!!



    Those guys definitely left it in the ring



    Stay well Bro image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />





    Fairways & Greens My Friend,

    Richard




    We need to start one of those Kickstarter things and raise money for Richard to write a book about his life. I would definitely buy that. Lol




    **** yeah!
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,741 ClubWRX
    edited Aug 14, 2015 #96
    ZAP wrote:

    TMelectric wrote:


    shakey wrote:


    I remember the old WCW War Games match when Sid Vicious powerbombed Pillman twice to end the match. That was when Pillman had the "injured" shoulder. Brutal match. WWE should bring that match back once a year.
    HaHa, a Classic indeed!!!



    Brian got into a legit dust up with Vicious is the locker room another time and it took Steve Austin and three other guys to pull him off Vicious. You looking at Henning and Vicious, both very large men, but Brian pummeled both. #1, and this is what brought us together in college, but Brian had a deep seeded anger and hostility that festered and grew from childhood, and we would bring that hostility and anger to the football field field. I had no problem leaving it there as while I loved him and a few other teammates like brothers, I had a GF, fraternity Bros and friends and a life away from the team and the Game. Brian did not. He carried that anger and hostility around 24/7, and as I said, he was a powder keg ready to go off. #2, I have never seen someone on a football field use leverage like Brian did. Yes, he was 5'10", 240-245lbs as a nose guard going against guys 3-7" taller and 25-45lbs(we didn't see many 300lbers+ in the early '80s) heavier and Brian was quicker than a cat down the line and he never played above their knees, ever.



    I'll never forget the day that Brian destroyed, and I do mean destroyed Chris Hinton of Northwestern. Hinton a 2-Time All frickin world in college and the 4th or 5th pick in the draft and a 7-8 time All-Pro, spent his afternoon either in his knees with Brian underneath him and the hole clogged, or flat on his fat belly, lmao, with Brian underneath right in the hole or in the backfield and one play I literally ran and stepped on him and went over him and down his back and was hangin on the QB and Hinton's head was down tryin to find Brian, lmao. On film it was hilarious.



    Anyhoo, Brian brought this same leverage to the ring and when need be, the streets. He truly was feared and if ya asked Ric Flair the three men he would never want to meet in an alley for all of the marbles, Brian was his #2. A lot of Guys thought that his psycho act was no act and I had a few ask me when we were out if he was always that way and I don't want to get into other stuff here that I believe effected his personality but yea, Brian was always a powder keg, lol. I used to just laugh and say I was good with it cuz he was my powder keg, lol.



    But that is why Brian was so special in the ring because a lot of his emotions were real, and he was not acting there, especially at the end of his career. He got very unpredictable, though if I ever had to have someone at my back for all the marbles, Brian would be one of the two men that I'd want and he was a great great friend and one of the funniest guys I've ever been around, lol.



    That's great Shake that you remember these matches!!



    Those guys definitely left it in the ring



    Stay well Bro image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />





    Fairways &amp; Greens My Friend,

    Richard




    We need to start one of those Kickstarter things and raise money for Richard to write a book about his life. I would definitely buy that. Lol




    **** yeah!
    Thanks but I couldn't do it, lol-



    I'd have to leave too many names out, haha.



    Plus, I've forgotten quite a few, lol.



    Like the night John Daily and I got lost down in farm country and we're buzzed, lost and drivin around Lord knows where on a pitch black road and I stop at a frickin stop sign and John suddenly opens the door of my SUV, let's out a "whoop" and says "I never thought I'd go cow tippin in Pennsylvania," lol. Honest to God. I pull over and then when he goes to jump over the fence on the other side of the wood was double barbed wire and he slices his forearm so I had to use my pink Stillers "Terrible Towel(see my WITB)" from my bag in the back of the truck. Boy was I pissed. While I did a little tippin in my college days(with Brian), I'd had two shoulder recons and there was no way in **** that I was gonna take runs at a **** cow that night. Well, when we got to about 20-30' from two of em, I just told him how let down Mr. Hardy(The Tourney sponsor and mentor and benefactor to John, ala Eli Calloway earlier) would be if he had to WD cuz of something as stupid as this.



    Well, it was like a light switch was clicked cuz he was quiet and then said, "yea, Mr. Hardy would be upset," and we turned around and walked back and took another 20 minutes to find our way to the resort, lol.



    That's one of the benign ones, though a lot I couldn't use names and that makes em worthless, haha



    Sorry to deviate, it's meds time, lol



    Later Ed: 08/14/15, 8:24am-> This post was typed later last night, shortly after meds time and I was tired, loopy and forgot this however as we turned to go back to my SUV, I remember looking at John, who was taking side winder kicks(he was a kicker in football) at cow dung and was laughing and I remember thinking, here is a 2-time Major Champion, I would still venture that he was still looked up to by millions, at least across the globe, and he really was like an over sized(very oversized, lmao), grown "child," finding laughter and joy in the simplest and most mundane activities. I realize that he has issues, though we all do, at least quite a few of the guys that I know do, and to go from where he was that day when he crossed the state line into Indiana to where he had been when we were in that field in Washington County Pennsylvania, well, two things hit me, one, he had always stayed true to himself, and two, I was a pretty lucky son of a b****, lol. Till we speak again image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> RP II



    Sleep tight Gals & Gents image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />



    All the Best,

    Richard
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • dan360dan360 Paisano Members Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    So Rollins goes out and does a fairly decent promo to hype the World vs. U.S. Title match....then out comes Cena to **** block him back down with the mic.



    Not a fan.
    WITB 29JUL2019
    • Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
    • Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
    • shopping for this gap...
    • CB3 4-G 
    • PM Grind '19 54/60/64
    • Anser 2 Jim Wells Tour Proto 36"
  • blairdblaird Members Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    dan360 wrote:


    So Rollins goes out and does a fairly decent promo to hype the World vs. U.S. Title match....then out comes Cena to **** block him back down with the mic.



    Not a fan.




    Yea I thought Cena handled him on that last promo. Im interested to see what angle will be played with this match. Will Seth win? Cena? DQ so both keep titles?
  • dan360dan360 Paisano Members Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    blaird wrote:

    dan360 wrote:


    So Rollins goes out and does a fairly decent promo to hype the World vs. U.S. Title match....then out comes Cena to **** block him back down with the mic.



    Not a fan.




    Yea I thought Cena handled him on that last promo. Im interested to see what angle will be played with this match. Will Seth win? Cena? DQ so both keep titles?




    While Cena was talking I couldn't help but wish Piper would show up with a fire extinguisher and blast him in the face, then Stone Cold come out to stomp a mudhole in his **** and walk it dry, then The Rock to come out and throw the People's Elbow on his candy a**, then Mick Foley to shove a dirty sock in his mouth, double arm DDT him, then have Taker come up through the ring to Tombstone him so The Dudley Boys could 3D him through a flaming table and then drag him to the corner where Rikishi could Stink Face him then Rollins could give him the Pedigree.



    I'd buy that for $9.99.
    WITB 29JUL2019
    • Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
    • Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
    • shopping for this gap...
    • CB3 4-G 
    • PM Grind '19 54/60/64
    • Anser 2 Jim Wells Tour Proto 36"
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,674 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I am thinking Lesnar/taker will be a DQ of some sort to set up wrestlemania. So it would suck if Cena/Rollins also ended in both guys keeping their titles



    I think they need to do something concrete in that match. Even if there's a rematch fine, someone needs to win...they can't have 2 main events have non-endings



    They've teased the Sheamus cash-in too. As well as teasing multiple things in the Wyatt/reigns-ambrose feud. Is Ambrose gonna turn, is Harper going to turn on Wyatt, are there more people in either stable...



    I'm intrigued by summerslam
    Ping G400 Max 10 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,674 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I also think Stephen Amell is going to do a couple of spots people aren't expecting...he's a good athlete and a big wrestling fan. I think Stardust and Neville have gotten some nice heat lately.



    I'm excited for that match too
    Ping G400 Max 10 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
  • Denny71Denny71 Banned Posts: 536
    My moment was seeing a different side of the big bad wrestler. Remember in late 90 early 2000 Sid Vicious visited a small children hospital in Ohio. Was on the local news , he was walking down the hall way on camera holding a little girls hands that had cancer and was hooked up to a monitor. They showed his face and the tears were just running down his face



    Was surreal .. A giant of a man holding this little girls hands



    Than he bent down and gave her a big long hug and he waved the cameras off



    Never forget that. Incredible to see that during the era of the ultimate bad guy
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1 Members Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 19, 2015 #103
    MtlJeff wrote:
    I am thinking Lesnar/taker will be a DQ of some sort to set up wrestlemania. So it would suck if Cena/Rollins also ended in both guys keeping their titles



    I think they need to do something concrete in that match. Even if there's a rematch fine, someone needs to win...they can't have 2 main events have non-endings



    They've teased the Sheamus cash-in too. As well as teasing multiple things in the Wyatt/reigns-ambrose feud. Is Ambrose gonna turn, is Harper going to turn on Wyatt, are there more people in either stable...



    I'm intrigued by summerslam


    Kind of stinks that Erick Rowan is still hurt. Had plans for the entire Wyatt family to face Ambrose, Reigns, and Sting. Would have been a cool match.



    Summerslam could be really good with the matches they've got lined up.
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Nike VPC 4-PW w/Modus 120 Stiff

    TM Milled Grind Black 52 SB and 58 LB w/Modus Tour 125 Wedge
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • blairdblaird Members Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    shakey wrote:

    MtlJeff wrote:
    I am thinking Lesnar/taker will be a DQ of some sort to set up wrestlemania. So it would suck if Cena/Rollins also ended in both guys keeping their titles



    I think they need to do something concrete in that match. Even if there's a rematch fine, someone needs to win...they can't have 2 main events have non-endings



    They've teased the Sheamus cash-in too. As well as teasing multiple things in the Wyatt/reigns-ambrose feud. Is Ambrose gonna turn, is Harper going to turn on Wyatt, are there more people in either stable...



    I'm intrigued by summerslam


    Kind of stinks that Erick Rowan is still hurt. Had plans for the entire Wyatt family to face Ambrose, Reigns, and Sting. Would have been a cool match.



    Summerslam could be really good with the matches they've got lined up.




    A couple weeks ago when Reigns was talking about family vs family I thought he was going to bring out the Rock but he brings Ambrose. I have read on some sites that the Rock is supposed to be at Summerslam but not sure for what. Maybe it is this. Maybe Rowan comes back (if he is healthy) interferes and then here comes the Rock. Would be cool to see. WWE is doing everything it can right now to get Reigns over. I heard thats why this match was made with Ambrose. Reigns would prob get boo'd in Brooklyn but Ambrose is a fan fav so put him with Reigns to help out.
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1 Members Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    blaird wrote:
    shakey wrote:

    MtlJeff wrote:
    I am thinking Lesnar/taker will be a DQ of some sort to set up wrestlemania. So it would suck if Cena/Rollins also ended in both guys keeping their titles



    I think they need to do something concrete in that match. Even if there's a rematch fine, someone needs to win...they can't have 2 main events have non-endings



    They've teased the Sheamus cash-in too. As well as teasing multiple things in the Wyatt/reigns-ambrose feud. Is Ambrose gonna turn, is Harper going to turn on Wyatt, are there more people in either stable...



    I'm intrigued by summerslam


    Kind of stinks that Erick Rowan is still hurt. Had plans for the entire Wyatt family to face Ambrose, Reigns, and Sting. Would have been a cool match.



    Summerslam could be really good with the matches they've got lined up.




    A couple weeks ago when Reigns was talking about family vs family I thought he was going to bring out the Rock but he brings Ambrose. I have read on some sites that the Rock is supposed to be at Summerslam but not sure for what. Maybe it is this. Maybe Rowan comes back (if he is healthy) interferes and then here comes the Rock. Would be cool to see. WWE is doing everything it can right now to get Reigns over. I heard thats why this match was made with Ambrose. Reigns would prob get boo'd in Brooklyn but Ambrose is a fan fav so put him with Reigns to help out.


    I think that was also some of the point for Sting to tag with him. Hopefully one of the most popular guys ever could help get Reigns over.
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Nike VPC 4-PW w/Modus 120 Stiff

    TM Milled Grind Black 52 SB and 58 LB w/Modus Tour 125 Wedge
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • UCBananaboyUCBananaboy Members Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Just recently subbed to WWE network and I've been enjoying it thoroughly.



    I found some sites that listed the top PPVs or matches and I have been watching them one-by-one and soaking in the nostalgia.
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1 Members Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Nikki Bella's entrance.
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Nike VPC 4-PW w/Modus 120 Stiff

    TM Milled Grind Black 52 SB and 58 LB w/Modus Tour 125 Wedge
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,674 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If they want to get Reigns over they just have to have him beat Cena. Which might be the plan... Have Cena emerge from his Rollins feud with the belt and have Reigns face him at wrestlemania. Reigns would have to win the rumble again though, but I think that's just crazy enough that people would be surprised, and him beatingCrna would make it ok
    Ping G400 Max 10 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,674 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    shakey wrote:


    I love Nikki Bella's entrance.




    I was watching Summerslam 2014 the other day and forgot how hot Paige was in that all red outfit



    I just wish brie would do Nikki's buttshake move , and not nikki
    Ping G400 Max 10 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,674 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    NXT Takeover was pretty good yesterday. I don't follow the indie scene as much but Apollo Crews really impressed me. I know he was Uhaa Nation on the indie scene...but he moves really really well for a big guy. I don't know of many 260lb guys doing standing backflips and stuff....if he has any mic skills he's basically can't miss



    Finn Balor/Owens was a really good match. There were some photos leaked a few weeks ago of Owens with the belt, so i thought he was going to win. Must have been a decoy or something. Finn Balor has to be the most cut wrestler in the business. His stomach looks like a mountain range. I'm guessing the WWE will give him 120-150 days with the belt and then bring him up



    Sasha Banks is the future of the divas division, she carried Bayley i felt. Did all of the heavy lifting pretty much the whole match and then took a body slam at the end. But she made Bayley look good. I think she'll be the Shawn Michaels of the divas division, not huge, but just really really good and has a lot of personality. If they ever get Ronda Roussey i could see her and Banks quasi-headlining a wrestlemania and putting on a match similar to Lesnar/Punk a couple of years back at summerslam
    Ping G400 Max 10 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
  • UCBananaboyUCBananaboy Members Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Caught my first PPV last night.



    I was quite disappointed with the number of non-clean endings. Both Main Events had great moments and were very entertaining, but they were spoiled by their finishes.



    The Divas match belonged either on Raw or earlier in the event. The crowd seemed electric after Cena/Rollins and then it died during that match.



    Special mention to Steven Amell. Easily the best performance by a non-wrestling celebrity in a match I've seen.
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,674 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Seth Rollins killed it yesterday, he was so good I was also disappointed he didn't get a clean win, though I suppose until they tweak his character such is life.



    It's hard to tell if he's even a villain anymore. He got huge cheers (mostly because he's against Cena) but his style in the ring, when they allow it, and some of his comments on raw etc, make it hard not to like him



    He was the highlight of the show for sure...and now has two titles
    Ping G400 Max 10 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
  • blairdblaird Members Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    MtlJeff wrote:


    Seth Rollins killed it yesterday, he was so good I was also disappointed he didn't get a clean win, though I suppose until they tweak his character such is life.



    It's hard to tell if he's even a villain anymore. He got huge cheers (mostly because he's against Cena) but his style in the ring, when they allow it, and some of his comments on raw etc, make it hard not to like him



    He was the highlight of the show for sure...and now has two titles




    Im wondering what they are gonna do with all this. Is someone going to come take US Title off him? I have a couple ideas....



    1) Triple H will have him fight twice at next ppv for him to prove how great he is...defend both belts in one ppv. Seth will lose both and start a fight against Triple H starting his face turn.



    2) I read somewhere that if you go back and watch the send off raw that Rollins never signed the contract with Cena. Maybe Cena comes out tonight, brings that up, gets his US belt back and they go at it again. I think this is a little far fetched but may make for a good promo between the two.



    I really wanna see how they swerve this angle. If someone beats Rollins for US belt will they start demanding a title shot? Or will that be included? Will he lose both belts?
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,674 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 24, 2015 #114
    That's funny because I actually thought your #1 would make a lot of sense too. Except maybe even do it at raw sometime before the next PPV. Have HHH come out and say he wanted the responsibility of both belts so now he has to fight twice. This could further the rift between the 2 leading to Rollins inevitable face turn as you say.... And also it would let him lose to Cesaro or something without looking bad so Owens and Cesaro can keep doing their thing.



    I also wonder what's next for ryback. I'm not big on him...I'd like to see Neville with the IC. Cody is getting better heat as stardust, maybe Cody could beat ryback at the next PPV and then drop it to Neville
    Ping G400 Max 10 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
  • UCBananaboyUCBananaboy Members Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I read a lot of comments of how Rollins's new ring attire (white) was a sure sign he's now going to be face while Cena was sporting black. Cena worked that crowd magnificently though.



    I like the idea that Stewart hit Cena to protect Flair's record. They alluded to his love of records earlier during the Heyman/Stewart segment.
  • blairdblaird Members Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    MtlJeff wrote:


    That's funny because I actually thought your #1 would make a lot of sense too. Except maybe even do it at raw sometime before the next PPV. Have HHH come out and say he wanted the responsibility of both belts so now he has to fight twice. This could further the rift between the 2 leading to Rollins inevitable face turn as you say.... And also it would let him lose to Cesaro or something without looking bad so Owens and Cesaro can keep doing their thing.



    I also wonder what's next for ryback. I'm not big on him...I'd like to see Neville with the IC. Cody is getting better heat as stardust, maybe Cody could beat ryback at the next PPV and then drop it to Neville




    I have only started back watching over the last year or so but I guess Ryback was pretty big at one point. Think he main evented a ppv a couple years ago. Anyways, Im not real big on him either. I am not big on the stardust character but I liked Cody when he was just himself. Either way I could see him, Neville, and Barrett having a no. 1 contender match since they have all been in the IC picture for a while. Wouldnt be surprised to see Rusev and Ziggler get in there too.



    Odds Triple H makes Seth do a weekly US Open challenge and Cena comes out??



    I like the idea of bringing the Television Championship back it has to be defended every week on tv...Raw and Smackdown.
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,674 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryback is OK, but i think he's clearly a "vince" guy since Vince likes big ogre types. Ryback's matches aren't that great, i mean i get it he's big so he'll never be Finn Balor, but you look at the matches that Sheamus or Randy Orton put on and they are much better , and Sheamus is like 270lbs. Big E is around the same size as Ryback and better in the ring. I just don't find him that appealing to watch.



    Speaking of Big E, The New Day is seriously one of the best things in WWE right now. Xavier Woods was on full display yesterday yelling things like crazy, and during their song routine after their entrance they legitimately turned the crowd in their favor. They started chanting "new day rocks" LOL, which fans aren't supposed to yell ...If the Usos get healthy they could bring some heat back to the tag teams



    So yeah, i'm not a fan of Ryback and it's going to be interesting to see who gets the US title (i'm guessing Cesaro or Owens as that's the obvious direction)



    I hope after their feud though, Neville and Cody don't get forgotten, they are both really good and under 30. I was happy to see the Amell match happen because it elevated their status a bit.
    Ping G400 Max 10 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1 Members Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Triple H telling Seth "Tonight you get yours" doesn't sound good for Rollins.
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Nike VPC 4-PW w/Modus 120 Stiff

    TM Milled Grind Black 52 SB and 58 LB w/Modus Tour 125 Wedge
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • blairdblaird Members Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else go nuts when the dudleys came out?
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1 Members Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    blaird wrote:
    Anyone else go nuts when the dudleys came out?


    Missed it earlier but saw it on Facebook. Tag team division bout to get crazy.



    "Oh...my brother. Testify!"
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Nike VPC 4-PW w/Modus 120 Stiff

    TM Milled Grind Black 52 SB and 58 LB w/Modus Tour 125 Wedge
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser

    TM TP5 Pix
  • blairdblaird Members Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so what does everyone else think happens next??



    1. Sting/Rollins at NOC. I kinda like the idea of HHH making Rollins defend both belts and he loses both. Would like to see Sting have a little end of career title run til Royal Rumble. Drop the title there to someone and come back for one last Mania match.



    I also cant see Sting losing this match. Would WWE bring him back to lose all his matches.



    2. Tag team is now relevant. Outside of New Day there was no one I cared about in this division. PTP is kinda blah and the other two would never get a good push. From the tiny bit I have seen of NXT the Vaudevillians seem like a cool gimmick and could work. They just won NXT Tag Team Champ so maybe in the next few months they will get bumped up. Tag Team division used to be cool but its awful now so they need some help to get it going again.



    I thought it was a great Raw last night. I had read reports that Sting would be there so I wasnt too shocked. Loved the Brock deal at the beginning. Laughed as he left and kept coming back...poor Bolieve. Ha and Heyman "1 more Brock, for me". I really flipped when the Dudleyz came out. I knew Bubba Ray had left TNA but to get him and Devon back is awesome. Felt like a kid again. Actually looking forward to Smackdown and seeing them again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file