Cota0429 WITB

Comments

• J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,365 ✭✭
    cota0429 wrote:

Good to see back on and still a solid bag as always. What do you have your eyes on?

Drivers I must try

M5/M6

Ping

PXG

Cobra

Possibly some newer irons lol

Great job on the podcast brotha image/superman.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':superman:' />

Drivers on my radar : Ping G410 LST, Cobra F9, Cally Epic Flash SZ, and Mizuno ST 190G. TM not so much for me because i just don't buy the marketing. It's like they made a cool driver but then dialed it back to a normal driver. Where's the benefit? Any driver with a CT of 240-254 is great and you will notice zero difference. Plus it looks like the Cortex and Tommy Armour Atomic image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' /> image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' /> image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    Driver - TBD
    Nike VR Pro LTD 15* / Aldila RIP 80X
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
    Srixon Zstar XV

GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub

GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
  • youngunz5840youngunz5840 Members Posts: 2,306 ✭✭
    I just listened to the podcast and Cota was great on it. Got my eye on the g410 lst and hope it sounds as good as the g400.
  • exitlowandleftexitlowandleft Members Posts: 187 ✭✭
    Hey Cota..about how fast do you swing the driver?
  • cota0429cota0429 ClubWRX Posts: 3,512 ClubWRX
    J13 wrote:
    cota0429 wrote:

Good to see back on and still a solid bag as always. What do you have your eyes on?

Drivers I must try

M5/M6

Ping

PXG

Cobra

Great job on the podcast brotha image/superman.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':superman:' />

Drivers on my radar : Ping G410 LST, Cobra F9, Cally Epic Flash SZ, and Mizuno ST 190G. TM not so much for me because i just don't buy the marketing. It's like they made a cool driver but then dialed it back to a normal driver. Where's the benefit? Any driver with a CT of 240-254 is great and you will notice zero difference. Plus it looks like the Cortex and Tommy Armour Atomic image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' /> image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' /> image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />

Had to add the Cobra into the list after you sent me a picture of the head lol. Forgot about the Cortex... or is it CotaX? Hmm lol
    PING G400 LST Diamana LTD D+ 60 TX
    Callaway Rogue Diamana LTD D+ 80 TX
    Artisan VR Pro's by Mike Taylor X100 soft stepped TW Specs
    SM7 52F, 56M, Oven Green Dot Engage 60 TS
    TW Prototype 001

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/
    Hey Cota..about how fast do you swing the driver?

Haven’t measured in a while. 112-113 is my guess. My back is 95% now and last year I was battling some weird injuries with it. Hoping to get the speed back up which it seems it has been because I’m starting to hit it just as far in 50*’weather as I did in 90* weather. I was 116-118 before and ball speeds 171-174. Kind of all over the place
    TW Prototype 001

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 759 ✭✭
    Have you by chance tried the PX catalyst 100 in your UDI? I’m asking cause I’m stuck between the pro white 90/100 or the catalyst. At first I was going to go with the PW but I’ve been really worried that it might be too much shaft. Then I started to hear really good things about the catalyst line. So I’m not sure what to do at this point....
    WITB

TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
    TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
    TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
    TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant
    mBiden2 wrote:
    Have you by chance tried the PX catalyst 100 in your UDI? I’m asking cause I’m stuck between the pro white 90/100 or the catalyst. At first I was going to go with the PW but I’ve been really worried that it might be too much shaft. Then I started to hear really good things about the catalyst line. So I’m not sure what to do at this point....

I have not. But I did recently have to replace the PW because it snapped at the hosel. They sent me a new replacement. The builder tipped it a 1/2 inch and what a big difference it made. I actually don’t like it as much now. I prefer it untipped. It’s ok during warmer weather but a little too stiff now during the winter. If you go PW just pay attention to tipping. It’s a totally different club now.
    TW Prototype 001

cota0429 wrote:
    mBiden2 wrote:

I have not. But I did recently have to replace the PW because it snapped at the hosel. They sent me a new replacement. The builder tipped it a 1/2 inch and what a big difference it made. I actually don’t like it as much now. I prefer it untipped. It’s ok during warmer weather but a little too stiff now during the winter. If you go PW just pay attention to tipping. It’s a totally different club now.

Good to know I’ll have to make sure that I pay attention to that. I saw yesterday that TM is now offering the PW 90 for the gapr at only a $50 upcharge. As much as I don’t really care for the looks of the gapr I think I might have to give it a shot
    WITB

cota0429 wrote:

J13 wrote:
    cota0429 wrote:

Drivers I must try

M5/M6

Ping

PXG

Cobra

Had to add the Cobra into the list after you sent me a picture of the head lol. Forgot about the Cortex... or is it CotaX? Hmm lol

I just added some pics to my WITB. I briefly hit it indoors and really like the look. The white would be my choice only because i'm not a fan of yellow.
    Driver - TBD
    Srixon Zstar XV

GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub

GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
    mBiden2 wrote:
    cota0429 wrote:
    mBiden2 wrote:

Good to know I’ll have to make sure that I pay attention to that. I saw yesterday that TM is now offering the PW 90 for the gapr at only a $50 upcharge. As much as I don’t really care for the looks of the gapr I think I might have to give it a shot

TX version?

J13 wrote:
    cota0429 wrote:

J13 wrote:
    cota0429 wrote:

Drivers I must try

M5/M6

Ping

PXG

Cobra

I just added some pics to my WITB. I briefly hit it indoors and really like the look. The white would be my choice only because i'm not a fan of yellow.

Thanks checking it out now
    TW Prototype 001

TM is offering it in S and TX.

How did you get your 790 udi installed with the PW 100? Isn’t the UDI a taper vs. the PW being parallel? At least that’s what TM customer service told me when I called to see if I could get the 790 UDI custom ordered with the PW 90, instead of getting the gapr lo
    WITB

mBiden2 wrote:

How did you get your 790 udi installed with the PW 100? Isn’t the UDI a taper vs. the PW being parallel? At least that’s what TM customer service told me when I called to see if I could get the 790 UDI custom ordered with the PW 90, instead of getting the gapr lo

I got it professionally installed. They shimmy’d it and used a collard ferrule.

Been messing around with the older UDI. Might be switching soon
    TW Prototype 001

cota0429 wrote:
    mBiden2 wrote:

That’s what I thought. Which one? The tour preferred?
    WITB

mBiden2 wrote:
    cota0429 wrote:
    mBiden2 wrote:

That’s what I thought. Which one? The tour preferred?

Tour preferred > 790 UDI

Hands down easier to hit. It’s staying
    TW Prototype 001

TW Prototype 001

Spent some time at Artisan yesterday hitting some wedges and did a fitting with MT. Their forgings are almost in phase 1... humble brag but I got to hit the brand new prototypes fresh out of the build. There are going to be I believe 17 different grinds. Mike and I talked about my bag and being I still play the VR Pros I might drop down to a 3 wedge setup instead of 4 and add the 3 iron in the bag vs the gap I have between the 2 and 4 iron. So I am going to weaken my PW to 49* and them most likely go 54.5 and 58.5 on my wedges.

TW Prototype 001

• averysdadaverysdad Members Posts: 1,171 ✭✭
    cota0429 wrote:
    Spent some time at Artisan yesterday hitting some wedges and did a fitting with MT. Their forgings are almost in phase 1... humble brag but I got to hit the brand new prototypes fresh out of the build. There are going to be I believe 17 different grinds. Mike and I talked about my bag and being I still play the VR Pros I might drop down to a 3 wedge setup instead of 4 and add the 3 iron in the bag vs the gap I have between the 2 and 4 iron. So I am going to weaken my PW to 49* and them most likely go 54.5 and 58.5 on my wedges.

Soooo d**n cool man. What a treat.
    averysdad wrote:
    cota0429 wrote:

Thanks it was! I interrupted a meeting when I arrived and they stopped what they were doing and just rolled out the red carpet for me. Really genuine guys that just love golf.
    TW Prototype 001

cota0429 wrote:

averysdad wrote:
    cota0429 wrote:

Thanks it was! I interrupted a meeting when I arrived and they stopped what they were doing and just rolled out the red carpet for me. Really genuine guys that just love golf.

I've heard nothing but great things about MT and can't wait to see what they roll out image/superman.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':superman:' />
    Driver - TBD
    Srixon Zstar XV

INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭
    cota0429 wrote:

Do you know if they plan on selling these or are the 17 grinds just there for testing during fittings? Hopefully I can choose one after looking at the sole and order it up.
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
    J13 wrote:
    cota0429 wrote:

averysdad wrote:
    cota0429 wrote:

I've heard nothing but great things about MT and can't wait to see what they roll out image/superman.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':superman:' />

Super genuine guy. The heads are more traditional and I think everyone would be happy would the selection when they come.
    TW Prototype 001

swizbeatz wrote:
    cota0429 wrote:

Do you know if they plan on selling these or are the 17 grinds just there for testing during fittings? Hopefully I can choose one after looking at the sole and order it up.

It’s basically like a fitting cart, like the toolbox cart from the Oven days. He will have something to work off of for everyone. Phase 1 is hopefully coming soon. The ones I hit are going to be used for fitting. Next batch hopefully is what he’s looking for.
    TW Prototype 001

TW Prototype 001

TW Prototype 001

• swizbeatzswizbeatz Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭
    cota0429 wrote:

swizbeatz wrote:
    cota0429 wrote:

It’s basically like a fitting cart, like the toolbox cart from the Oven days. He will have something to work off of for everyone. Phase 1 is hopefully coming soon. The ones I hit are going to be used for fitting. Next batch hopefully is what he’s looking for.

Sorry for all the questions, so without an in person fitting I will not be able to order a wedge is your understanding?
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
    swizbeatz wrote:
    cota0429 wrote:

swizbeatz wrote:
    cota0429 wrote:

Sorry for all the questions, so without an in person fitting I will not be able to order a wedge is your understanding?

All good. Let me find out.
    TW Prototype 001

Artisan will communicate via email and fit their customers that can’t make it to facility that way. So you don’t have to be there to order anything. MT says he has done many tour fittings for players via the phone.
    TW Prototype 001

• youngunz5840youngunz5840 Members Posts: 2,306 ✭✭
    That wedge looks amazing. Reminds me of the vr pro forged line. I still have a black oxide 50. Those were the best wedges ever. Loved the soft feel but heavy head
  • Coy MCoy M OG Baby Members Posts: 1,148 ✭✭
    edited Mar 12, 2019 3:49pm #1380

That wedge looks amazing. Reminds me of the vr pro forged line. I still have a black oxide 50. Those were the best wedges ever. Loved the soft feel but heavy head

Sick wedge! +1 on Vr Pro wedges, I still rock the 56 & 60*

I believe that’s what was used was the same forgings as the VR PRO wedge for this particular grind. I agree best looking ones. I think the Prototypes he has look even better though.

Coy M wrote:

Sick wedge! +1 on Vr Pro wedges, I still rock the 56 & 60*

My next setup is going 55/59
    TW Prototype 001