What did Ben Hogan mean when he said.....

moefan ·  
moefanmoefan Members  70WRX Points: 62Posts: 70 Bunkers
Ben Hogan said many things that might be understood in different ways. I won't list them all off but I will start off by asking what does he mean by using the inside muscles to swing a golf club. How does one isolate and activate only those muscles.

moefan
Posted:

Comments

• alansmithdcalansmithdc Members  197WRX Points: 78Posts: 197 Fairways

His comment was too use the muscles that stretch along the inside. Verses, use the muscles that contract along the inside. Very different muscle actions depending on which action (stretch or contract) you are using.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • moefanmoefan Members  70WRX Points: 62Posts: 70 Bunkers

Thanks for your response. I was thinking that all muscles have to contract to move us in any direction. What about his comment that the secret is easy to see if I told you where to look.

moefan

Posted:
  • moehoganmoehogan Members  1093WRX Points: 155Posts: 1,093 Platinum Tees

Posted:

Now that looks very interesting! I have noticed that in other players too. I don't know how it's done.

moefan

Posted:
  • moehoganmoehogan Members  1093WRX Points: 155Posts: 1,093 Platinum Tees

On -, @moefan said:

Now that looks very interesting! I have noticed that in other players too. I don't know how it's done.

moefan

Maintain some of the DS right arm clockwise winding (torque) through impact. It’s motivated by the grip pressures of the two middle fingers of the right hand.

Posted:

Yes I think that's right. I will try this next practice session. Goes well with some other things I'm working on.

moefan

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

Ben Hogan said " The Secret is in the dirt". Many have said this means driving range practice. I would like to hear other ideas.

moefan

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.