GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

in order to make money

amish ·  
amishamish Members  222WRX Points: 50Posts: 222 Fairways
The course l played at today had leased small areas of land near some of the tees to a farmer who planted corn. Getting desparate to keep the money flowing.
Posted:

Comments

• gophergutsgopherguts Banned  2511WRX Points: 2Handicap: 6.1Posts: 2,511 Titanium Tees
    I knew a guy who built a baseball field and grew corn in the outfield,,,,,,,,<br />
    <br />
    Field-of-Dreams-White-Sox.jpg
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • rcain1usrcain1us Members  2938WRX Points: 147Posts: 2,938 Titanium Tees
    How much acreage can there possibly be near a few tee boxes?
    Posted:
  • TXTDryFlyTXTDryFly Members  89WRX Points: 0Posts: 89
    Are you sure it wasn't for ambiance? Seems like the farmer would lose his shirt tending to it.
    Posted:
  • KYMARKYMAR Members  13257WRX Points: 56Posts: 13,257 Titanium Tees
    Ambience? Cuz nothings classy like a corn field, the crows and their s*** all over that comes it. <br />
    <br />
    I think pictures would have helped. How big are these areas? You'd think they'd have to be big in order to make it work the effort. But I know impossibly little about corn farming so I won't pretend I do. I guess as long as its not interfering with play I can't really blame them.
    Posted:
    Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
    Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
    Hybrid undecided
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
    Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
    White Hot 6 Long Neck
  • RonyJoshuaRonyJoshua Members  13WRX Points: -3Posts: 13 Bunkers

Haha, nice. Honestly, where a lot of ways to get money almost for nothing , and for it you shouldn't grow corn. have really big experience in freelance and I can share with you a very helpful app. Using it everyone can earn some supplemental money on playing our favorite games. Understand that 100 dollars aren't too much, but for it you haven't to work, just try to predict it. In the article below you can find all the info on this app : yourmoneygeek.com

Posted:
    Post edited by RonyJoshua on
  • cristphotocristphoto Members  4061WRX Points: 414Handicap: 7Posts: 4,061 Titanium Tees

Assuming they could find a farmer interested in planting on such a small area, how much money could the course possibly earn? This would seem to cause the course to lose credibility. Surely there are better options for additional earnings.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • GreenieGreenie Members  3604WRX Points: 217Handicap: 13.7Posts: 3,604 Titanium Tees

Wait until they start building houses in those areas. Then they sell the back nine to develope housing and before you know it you are playing elsewhere. Sad but true.

Posted:
  • SkiSchoolProSkiSchoolPro Members  872WRX Points: 132Handicap: 4Posts: 872 Golden Tee

Always thought planting fruit trees, etc on courses made sense...not to have an outside farmer rent, but to have on course snacks, serve in the clubhouse, give to employees, etc.

https://www.golfnewsmag.com/worlds-first-edible-organic-golf-course/

Posted:
  • mallratmallrat Members  3343WRX Points: 482Posts: 3,343 Titanium Tees

I would not eat a fruit grown on a golf course. We spray so much crap. Fertilizer, herbicides, insecticides, fungicides and some with Danger label warnings. Harmless to golfers in passing but I wear a respirator about 1/2 the time I spray. Can’t imagine chemicals designed to kill things (bugs, weeds, turf disease) are meant to be eaten.

Posted:
  • tideridertiderider Members  3197WRX Points: 2,219Handicap: 5ishPosts: 3,197 Titanium Tees

you sure that's corn?

asking for a friend ...

Posted:
  • cristphotocristphoto Members  4061WRX Points: 414Handicap: 7Posts: 4,061 Titanium Tees
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • BB28403BB28403 Members  4519WRX Points: 903Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Posts: 4,519 Titanium Tees

The fate of all poorly run golf communities. Once you had a nice view of the course. Maybe a sleepy view of #5 a nice dogleg right. You’ve seen families of geese and foxes grow up there. Then you find out the original developer of the course sold out years ago. But guess what? They get 1/4 of all membership fees to new members. Effectively robbing the club of 1/4 of all revenue. So the club repairs go to crap. The whole feel of the community changes, it becomes rob or be robbed at the local level. Then there’s no choice but to have the conversation about the course being sold for housing. All because a greedy developer wanted to suck the course dry and live in another part of the city in a 8 figure house.

courses need to get free of burdens like this. And be completely open and honest about finances. Be open with members, make them apart of the future.

Posted:
  • tanokosohanatanokosohana Members  13WRX Points: 10Posts: 13 Bunkers

Thanks for sharing

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.