Cleveland Halo

Gxgolfer

Cleveland Golf HALO Utility Club Features:

This breakthrough utility club was designed with a larger sweet spot making it much easier to hit than traditional long-irons. This club's higher MOI and lower CG allow for maximum forgiveness on off-center shots while also creating higher launch angles and added spin for those long approach shots that require a soft landing. Made with a 17-4 stainless steel body and a 455 Custom Carpenter Steel face.

Designed to replace those "hard to hit" long irons, the new HALO hybrid utility club will produce shots approximately five to ten yards longer than standard long irons. The HALO hybrid utility offers an extra large sweet spot and a high moment of inertia for increased stability and forgiveness at impact making it easy to hit for golfers of all abilities. Due to its unique sole design, and low and deep center of gravity, this hybrid club is extremely versatile for shots from the fairway, rough or tee.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This hybrid is by far the best hybrid out there. It's long, straight, and it feels and sounds so nice. It's a God sent (HALO!). I have the 22* 3i and the 19* 2i (5 wood replacement: a little shorter, but alot straighter). I love these things to death. Easy to hit and they look great, even after this season, they look new. Great hybrid. If you are looking for hybrids, test them all out, then buy this puppy, it's the best purchase you'll ever make.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

do yourself a favor and get one of these with the irod shaft and ur ready for those long irons shots. long and straight and very accurate! I just one 4 days ago and didnt like the stiock halo shaft, too high and hard to be accurate. I switched the stock shaft for the irod and what a difference! I loved this club so much that in the past 2 days I have hit this club so much that the face is covered in ball marks. :cheesy:

• 2 weeks later...

Cleveland HALO is awesome from the rough and I can shape shots on demand. Distance is a no brainer this puppie is hot and accuracy is right on target! Have never used a hybrid to chip with though.

[center][color=#00ff00][b]~ Bomb Tech Grenade 9* Matrix Radix S7~[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#00ff00][b]~ Bomb Tech Grenade 3 wood 15* ~[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#0000ff][b]~ Mizuno Mx-300 5-GW ~[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#0000ff][b]~ Bomb Tech Grenade 56* Black Oxide ~[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#0000ff][b]~ Ping Craz-E Center shafted ~[/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#0000ff][b]~ Penta ~[/b][/color][/center]

• 3 months later...

Stallion - I have the 19 degree and love it. I was considering the 22 but the 3 degree gap seems a little too close. What has your experience been? how many yards between clubs?

I have the 2i and just got a 3i....distance difference is not what I really like about the 3i over the 2i....it's the launch angle of the 3i...now I can clear those trees on my course, and still get the ball there. The 3i gives me the right height to clear the trees for my second shot on my dogleg par 5.

My 2i goes around 230, and I have not had the 3i long enough to tell, but it seems to be a 200-210 yd. club for me.

Bulldog...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a 3i and 4i with the IROD Hybrid shaft. They are great, the 4i in particular is just so forgiving out of rough. Don't like the stock shaft at all, but with the IROD shaft they really are fantastic. I'd recommend these to anybody who doesn't feel comfortable hitting consistent 2,3 or 4 irons off the deck. :drinks:

• 3 months later...

I've played just over a season with my Halo 19* 2i with regular flex graphite. Very sold off tee, fairway, rough. Probably the most confident I've ever felt about trying to work the ball. Great alternative to 5 wood and 3 iron. It has saved me after so many bad tee shots I'm beginning to wonder why I even try to hit my driver off the tee.

This season I've added a Halo 25* 4i with DG S300. This club is much straighter than the 2i and so easy to hit from the fairway or rough. My natural shot is pretty high but the stiff steel in this baby results in low bullets that promise plenty or roll on firm fairways.

• 8 months later...

I have a Halo 2i and a 4i both reshafted with Dynamic Gold S300.
Really like the 4i easy to hit.
The 2i is good also I just need to hit it a few more times to get used to it.

I tred the HiBore and was ready to pull the trigger on those, but found these online cheap.

I can not tell much diference between the HiBore or the Halo as far as distance or feel and they look about the same.
So I made a good chioice.

Like with most hybrids I am about 1 or 1.5 clubs longer than the iron it is suposed to replace, wich is why I went with the 4i and no 3i.

Well worth the price !!!

Just got one of these from rockbottomgolf.com in the 22*. It's absolutely incredible. Great high, long launch (about 215 carry or so) and I could not hit it anywhere but straight. Off the deck, off a tee, it was really something, especially since I have a moderate slice on my woods. It has one of the greatest understated "pink" sounds I've ever heard off a club. Highly, highly recommended.

• 2 months later...

In response to "dangraham"...I have the 16* with the stock steel stiff shaft in it. I find I can hit it around 250ish to be honest. Very straight. When I first got it, I was leaving it off to the right a bit, but after a few times on the range, I got it under control. There isn't nearly as much offset as the TaylorMade Rescue hybrids...I had a 19* one of those and was starting to hook the hell out of it. With the Halo, not so much. I find it pretty easy to work.

Out of the rough, it's a breeze. I would never think about hitting a 3 wood out of the rough in most cases where I play because it's thick, but this seems to glide right through it. I haven't tried it chipping, so I got nothing for you on that one.

Mis-hits are pretty forgiving as well. I've hit a few hybrids and this is by far the best one of the bunch. I'm going to look into this IROD shaft I've been reading about and see what it's like.

I would suggest giving this Halo a try for sure. Should be able to pick it up pretty cheap at a Golf Galaxy, Nevada Bob's, whatever.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

• 7 months later...

Have the stock 2i (19*) S shaft. This really is a great club. Hits long and is very workable. Great "utility" use as well- under trees, around the green, etc. The stiff shaft is actually as advertised, however if you can really move the club, it will go left, like everything else. Haven't found something to replace it yet.

Mizuno STG 440/Kai'li Blue 70x

Mizuno MP 650 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x
Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

• 2 months later...

I've had my 2i (19 degrees) with a stock stiff shaft for three years. So far, it has performed as advertised. I hit it around 205-215. A very solid feel to the club with a no frills look to it. Like the poster above, I have not found anything to replace it.

I have seen the clubs on the 2009 Hotlist and not one looks like the Halo. And that is a good thing because I prefer substance over style. You should too.

I have the 2i and it was my go to club off the tee and fairway, I just picked up the 1i and hope to fill the void I have, they are both shafted with the Accra M4 and I just love these clubs.

Looked at a # of Hybrids but I really like the way they set up and just fly off the face of the club, can't wait till the green stuff comes.