How are those Ping Ti putters?

tickyboytickyboy Members Posts: 2,133 ✭✭
With the colored necks?
I've found one close to me, but I'm wondering what people think of these before pulling the trigger. Looking at the Ti 2 hosel. How do they feel? I like the thought of no alignment which is why I'm asking.
R15 9.5
R15 3HL
Rescue TP 21
MP25 4-P
MP 52,56,60
Origin B2 01 CF

Comments

• pingplayer72pingplayer72 Members Posts: 35
    These putters were introduced some time ago; 5 years or more. I do not believe they can be ordered through PING at this time. The original price on these were rather expensive - approximately $250 usd. These days they are going for much less on Ebay. I saw these putters in a golf shop near me for $80 brand new.

You asked about feel. The feel with these putters in my estimation was great...although the overall weight of the putter was light. The Ti hosel with the "rubber" inserts were designed to provide the golfer the correct sound when the golf ball was struck and thus in theory better feel. The feel is much better than many of today's putters with inserts on the putter face.

I would still be using this putter today...if like many of my putters, wedges, irons, driver, etc... they were returned to me after they were loaned out.
  • corkycorky Members Posts: 2,858
    They are crazy light, the machining on the face is very cool, but the anodized

hozel was ugly. ....... Not the best PING offering IMHO image/stop.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' />
  • pitbull808pitbull808 Putter Hoarder Marshals Posts: 9,367 mod
    They were at best "okay" in my ratings. Ping has much better offerings in the Jas line or even the Specify's. The only thing I liked in the Ti was that one of them I had was face balanced. Something that is also offered in the Specify line.
  • I keep going back to my Ti 2 (the one with the green hosel). I picked it up on eBay a couple of years ago brand new for around $60. I'm a total putter junkie, and it has kept my camerons, etc. dusty for a while. Feel and distance control are unbelievable, and the solid, square topline makes for a very confident look at address. They're a great bargain IMHO. --GCU
  • FairwayFredFairwayFred Sponsors Posts: 3,976 ✭✭
    Best stock headcover EVER came on the originals! It was a hard plastic shell that we nicknames "The Helmet"! LOL
    FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
    Ari Techner
    National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
    [email protected]
    IG: @nationalcustom
    Twitter: @WorksNational
    (still a huge club HO)