2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

What are your Stats????

Goose

FH,GH,Putts????
I want to find out what everyones stats are. I am currently sitting in my architectural design class and very bored since i finshed everyhing i have to do for the next 2 weeks.

I will put all of my stats together when i get home.
Include Fairways hit, greens hit, #of putts, up and downs %,sand save %....etc if you know them. :)

DaN"goose"

Alright well im calculating and building my stats from over the season and in tournaments.....So i will just start with the basics until i run all of the numbers.

ALL ARE AVERAGES:

Fairways hit: usually 8-10/14
Greens hit: Always in the 14-18/18 range....generally i hit about 15,16 greens per round
Putts: since i hit so many greens my putts are at 30 per round which really isnt bad with the amount of GIR i hit. :cheesy:

PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated 2006 stats...

Fairways Hit - 49%

Greens Hit - 46%

Up and Downs - 62%

Putts Per Round - 27.7

Sand Saves - 75%

Titleist TS3 10.5° w/ Tensei AV 55 Stiff
Titleist TS2 16.5° w/ Tensei AV 65 Stiff
Titleist TS2 21° w/ Tensei AV 75 Stiff
Titleist U510 23° w/ Tensei Blue AM2 Stiff
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 w/ XP 95 S300
Vokey SM8 46°, 50°, 54°, 60° w/ XP 95 S300
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34"

I kept my stats for a while in a spreadsheet during the early part of this year. From recollection, I may have removed the "outliers" ie bad rounds and I'm probably a little more generous than they might be on tour with whether a green is hit or not and whether a fairway is hit or not. That said, the greens hit thing means that my putts takes a beating, so in that context here goes:

Fairways hit: 66%

Greens hit: 63%

Putts/GIR: 1.90

Putts/round: 30.9

Scrambling: 42% (this one may be a bit harsh, as a tee shot in the trees and a chip out, would leave the scramble being to get up and down from there)

Scoring average: 73.0 (par 71)

Birdie average: 2.9

Sand saves: 58% (also perhaps a little generous as this is pars having visited a bunker, so greenside bunker in two on a par five would mean three more to get down is a sand save)

Par 3 average: 3.20

Par 4 average: 4.16

Par 5 average: 4.81

:)

Ping G400 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 UST Recoil 95x

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

I'll add from the stats I have, I just started keeping track my final round of the year, so these are the exact numbers.

Fairways: 10/13

GIR: 11/18

Putts: 33

Sand saves: 0 Never in the sand! ;-)

Score: 4 over par 71

Well, again, I decided to do it on the last round of the year, so I'll def keep track next year. I'm ready to go already. Some new equipment fixes this offseason (cleveland CG10s and new launcher fairway, along with another HALO) should get me closer to shooting close to par on a consistent basis. My game is a roller coaster ride. One day I'll shoot 87, then the next day I'll shoot 73, and the cycle goes like that.

Fairways: 13-14 out of 15 ( pritty accurate from the tee)

GIR: 4-5/18 (this is why im not consistantly hitting low scores)

Putts: 28-29 (but because i dont hit manny greens im usually chipping so im close)

Up and downs: around 40-50%

As you can see i need to improve my iron play to get any better because I'm always in play of the tee which gives me no reason not to be hitting more greens.

Brent

for my hs varsity boys i set goals for each round... if the team average meets the goal each kid gets a dozen prov1's:

they have to average (for the whole team):

hit 10 of 14 fairways, 14 of 18 gir, 1 penalty, plus 2 putting par (which is basically up and down and putting combined. For instance, when you miss a gir, you should one putt, if you hit a gir, you should two putt; henceforth, if you miss a gir and two putt you would be plus 1 putting par or if you hit a gir and one putt you would be minus 1 putting par)

Do you guys see this as a respectable goal? Achievable? Reason i ask is that they never hit it as a team, i had one kid do it individual, i told the brat i'll give him an extra sleeve haha

14 of 18 greens is pretty tough. On average, that's very high. Consider that Garcia led GIR on tour with 71.8% which is less than 13 greens. I know they play tougher courses, but if your team averages 14 greens, they're pretty darned good.

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

14 of 18 greens is pretty tough. On average, that's very high. Consider that Garcia led GIR on tour with 71.8% which is less than 13 greens. I know they play tougher courses, but if your team averages 14 greens, they're pretty darned good.

72853[/snapback]

yea i kind of figured that... i pretty much set the team goal to what my goals as an individual were when i used to play competitive golf, other than that though it's pretty good? what you think 12 or 13 gir?

In that case, 12 is pretty good but achievable and 13 is very good and unlikely across the board. In my humble opinion.

Be pretty demoralising for one of them if they average 14 between all bar one of them and the other one has a bad day hitting 4 or 5 or something and they miss out by only a tiny little bit. I'm guessing he'd never hear the end of it.

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

yea we've come close a couple times, someone always has a bad day... about the 14 gir's you have to set your goals high man, i'm not gonna reward mediocracy!!! :)

72947[/snapback]

What school do you coach at? I'm assuming you're in the chicago area, I was an assistant for a team in illinois this fall.

Well for me 14 is my bottom line.... i dont want to hit less than 16 but that my stength, distance and ballstriking. I think 14 for high school golf team is high in general....thats 78%.... i know that even though we have some great players on our team...one with a full ride to Arizona.... 2 going to Campbell...one golf team other PGM, Me and my other buddy...and we can all go out and shoot under par but 14 is high for an entire team to do...we had a sophmore who only hits it like 225 MAX he doesnt hit many greens at all so it would greatly hurt the team....some of our best players dont hit more than 12-13.... i definately hit the most on a regular basis.

DaN

Tough goal but if you have dedicated players 14 isnt a bad goal.....maybe 12-13 is more realistic...then if they keep achieving it raise the bar higher. :)

PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2

yea we've come close a couple times, someone always has a bad day... about the 14 gir's you have to set your goals high man, i'm not gonna reward mediocracy!!! :)

72947[/snapback]

What school do you coach at? I'm assuming you're in the chicago area, I was an assistant for a team in illinois this fall.

73021[/snapback]

lincoln-way central hs in new lenox, IL... i used to go to the school when it was just Lincoln-Way HS if you're familiar w/ hs sports we were the powerhouse in athletics... my freshman year of hs we had 120 kids try out for the FRESHMAN GOLF TEAM!!! i also played baseball there

thanks for all of your input guys... this was my first year coaching the kids, and i had a blast and hope to keep doing it year after year...

no i don't steal the balls, i get them from my titleist rep

yea we've come close a couple times, someone always has a bad day... about the 14 gir's you have to set your goals high man, i'm not gonna reward mediocracy!!! :cheesy:

72947[/snapback]

73021[/snapback]

lincoln-way central hs in new lenox, IL... i used to go to the school when it was just Lincoln-Way HS if you're familiar w/ hs sports we were the powerhouse in athletics... my freshman year of hs we had 120 kids try out for the FRESHMAN GOLF TEAM!!! i also played baseball there

thanks for all of your input guys... this was my first year coaching the kids, and i had a blast and hope to keep doing it year after year...

no i don't steal the balls, i get them from my titleist rep

73233[/snapback]

Wow, those are some amazing numbers. I have a good friend, who you probably know of, that went to Lincoln-Way Central. He is currently playing basketball down here in Champaign, and doing quite well i might say :) You probably even know is dad who is a coach for your football team.

Fairways Hit- 3-4/14 (Yes I'm terrible but I usually only just miss)

Greens in Regulations- 12/18

Up and Downs- 94.356%

Sand Saves- 91.186%

Putts per round- ~=24

Putts per Greeen In Regulations- ~=1.758

Reguardless of the fairways hit those are some amazing stats, what is your handicap? If only we could all average 24 putts per round!!! :)

- Bryan

Up and Downs- 94.356%

Sand Saves- 91.186%

Putts per round- ~=24

Colour me the sceptic, but 1.758 putts per GIR and 12 GIRs per round makes 21 putts. That means three putts on average in total between the other six holes. Also, your sand saves and up and downs are so far beyond the best on tour, why don't I know you? If they're genuine, they are incredible.

Unless you miss a lot of greens in one over reg, I make your scoring average around 72 + 6*(1-0.94356)-12*(2-1.758) = 69.4. That's pretty good.

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Up and Downs- 94.356%

Sand Saves- 91.186%

Putts per round- ~=24

Colour me the sceptic, but 1.758 putts per GIR and 12 GIRs per round makes 21 putts. That means three putts on average in total between the other six holes. Also, your sand saves and up and downs are so far beyond the best on tour, why don't I know you? If they're genuine, they are incredible.

Unless you miss a lot of greens in one over reg, I make your scoring average around 72 + 6*(1-0.94356)-12*(2-1.758) = 69.4. That's pretty good.

I was thinking the same thing, when I did the math quickly in my head, the scoring average came out in the 60's which is incredible. I would be happy if I kept my putts below thirty every round, below 25! now that would just be too cool. I'll ask again, what's your handicap? Also, do you play on any major junior tour?

- Bryan

Wow, those are some amazing numbers. I have a good friend, who you probably know of, that went to Lincoln-Way Central. He is currently playing basketball down here in Champaign, and doing quite well i might say :) You probably even know is dad who is a coach for your football team.

So you and James are "good friends" eh... i know james quite well, he's a great guy and i'm proud he's doing so well as of late... he just doesn't know how good he is... how do you know james?

So you and James are "good friends" eh... i know james quite well, he's a great guy and i'm proud he's doing so well as of late... he just doesn't know how good he is... how do you know james?

I met James my freshman year when we were just starting school. I agree that he doesn't know how good he is, he puts a lot of pressure on himself and its hard for him to live up to his own goals. Seems to get down a little bit when he makes a mistake. He is a great guy, lots of fun off the court. We were thinking about a trip to the range one time, but couldn't find any left handed clubs, let alone ones long enough for him. He would have a hell of an arc, that's for sure. He's not bad at Tiger Woods on PS2 though.

• 8 months later...