Any Cameron Red X users still out there

irwinfletcher77irwinfletcher77 Banned Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
Picked up an original red x recently. Forgot how much I loved this putter. Very simple design and I find I like it much more than the Golo. Anyone else still roll the Red X!!

Comments

• BallbagBallbag Banned Posts: 128
    Rossie design. Has cameron ever had a original design?
    BallBag Out
  • ballanaballana Members Posts: 371

Picked up an original red x recently. Forgot how much I loved this putter. Very simple design and I find I like it much more than the Golo. Anyone else still roll the Red X!!

I do have a Red X3 that I still occasionally put in the bag. I do prefer the second generation without the face insert, but I'm with you that I do like the shape a lot more than the Golo line, and in fact it's probably my all time favorite mallet putter.
  • irwinfletcher77irwinfletcher77 Banned Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballbag wrote:

Why are you even posting in this thread? Dude go be a douchebag somewhere else
  • rsh0308rsh0308 Members Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm rollin the OG red x too. Love it but wish I could find a center shaft in good shape to compare. Something about the golo s5 catches my eye. though in 18 years I've only switched putters three times (during the time I've switched about 900 drivers) so that tells you how much I like this Scotty!
    My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story

Cobra F9, Atmos Black 6X
    Taylormade Aeroburner TP 15*, White Tie x
    Taylormade Auroburner TP 3h, White Tie x
    Mizuno 850 Forged 4-P, DG TIS400
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
    EVNRoll ER5

Ballbag wrote:

Why are you even posting in this thread? Dude go be a douchebag somewhere else
    you seemed to need someone to validate choice. You should be happy anyway that i responded, there seems to be no interest on this subject.
    BallBag Out
  • irwinfletcher77irwinfletcher77 Banned Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I was simply asking if anyone else was still playing a putter. Not sure that equates to needing validation. I did however receive validation regarding you so thanks.
  • ruhly2ruhly2 Members Posts: 92
    The Red X is still in the Rotation!!!
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 340g head in my garage that needs a shaft. It was given to me by a guy that tried to ream it and it came out terrible! I'm not sure what happened, but it's all uneven and oval looking. Anyway, I considered having a flow neck welded on but got caught up with a few other projects. Still something I'd be interested in doing. I had an original years ago and never should have sold it!

I was simply asking if anyone else was still playing a putter. Not sure that equates to needing validation. I did however receive validation regarding you so thanks.
    me too
    BallBag Out
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99) Foxboro, MAMembers Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I passed the PAT rolling a Red X. 79-74.

.... Man, that brings back memories. Hacked it around Day 1, held it together until 18, hit a double cross off the tee into the water, doubled a par 5 finish to 79. Day 2, pouring rain, freezing, loosening up in the dark at 530am, needing 76 to pass, thinking there was no way possible considering I was sitting there hitting 140 yard 4 irons in the artic like conditions on the range.

I did not miss a shot that day. Tap in par on 18, low round of the day, and passed the PAT at age 19.

What was in the bag?

Tour Issue OG R7 Quad TP, 9.5

Tour Issue OG V-Steel Paintbreak, 16.5

Tour Issue Nike 'Miura Forged' Split Cavity, 2 Iron

Bridgestone OG J33 Combo, 3-P

Nike OG Forged Wedges, 53, 56, 60

Scotty OG Red X

And before anyone counts me off, the 53* would typically be pulled, seldomly did the 2 iron leave the bag.

Sorry to threadjack .... Back on subject ...
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

W. I. T. B.

Callaway Epic Flash 9.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4+ 16.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway X-Forged UT 27.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Callaway X-Forged UT 30.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 CB-57 7-8 Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 Baby Blade 9-P Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 52.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 58.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 KM-007 Soft Black Apollo APPN 36 Black Smoke S
    Callaway 2018 Chrome Soft X
  • rookjs80rookjs80 rookjs80 South SideMembers Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    Still have mine love it in the rotation maybe this week. I was just wondering if there was any Red x love out there
    TM M2 10.5 2017
    TM M2 16.5 2017
    TM RSi2 3 Aldila Proto 85x
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo DG S 4-pw
    TM Milled 50 C-Taper X
    TM Milled 56 C-Taper X
    Odyssey Toe Up #1
    www.nike.com
  • VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 2, 2015 #13
    I've been using one most of the year. I picked up a beater last fall and was surprised how simple and easy it was. Then I found a proto with a single site line on ebay for cheap, restored it in black, and have this. It's treated me well despite not being in the bag at the moment. I have it and an X2, both are great sticks. To me there's something about the compact shape that's nicer than a GoLo for some reason.

EE88BB2B-D99E-4A58-AEEC-9A04D904635F.jpg
  • schwolloschwollo Members Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Still have my og wouldn't let it go ever .
  • DaBizniz59DaBizniz59 Members Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    I have been putting extremely well after making the switch from Seemore to Red X2. Found a X3 for a good deal just to have options. I really like the look when I am looking down at it. The Red X line in general appeals to my eye. Wont be leaving the Red X family for the foreseeable future.
    Ping G25- Ping PWR Tour Stiff 75g
    SLDR 3HL Stock Speeder Stiff 77g
    Titleist 7 Wood
    Ping i20 Blue Dot Stock Shafts
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 & 58. TT Wedge flex
    Scotty Cameron Red X2 (Primary)
    Ping B65 Heavy (Back Up)
    Wilson 50 Elites. none compare to the yellow
    Pinnacle Soft
    "Premium Ball" TMag Project a

>>--GO-NOLES-;;->>
  • DrawBiasDrawBias Oklahoma CityMembers Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    I had the original - and still have a Red X3 and X5 -- and the X5 wonders into the rotation from time to time. Like the look of the plumber's neck.

Apologize in advance for the thread-jack, but....The X5 could use some restoration - but not thrilled about Scotty's pricing (although they do terrific work). I lack the skill sets (and tools) to do it myself. Recommendations on an economical option for restoration?
    DRIVER: PING G LS Tec - 10.5 w/PING Tour shaft
    FAIRWAY: Cobra KING F6 3W w/Red Tie
    HYBRID: Cobra KING F6 19* w/Red Tie
    IRONS: Callaway Apex CF 16 4-AW w/XP95 (S300)
    WEDGES: Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56/13 and 60/10
    PUTTER: Odyssey White Hot Pro V-Line
    BALLS:Titleist Pro V1x and Callaway Chrome Soft X
  • BullskierBullskier Members Posts: 36 ✭✭
    I have a refinished Red X3. And 20 other putters in my basement. I keep buying putters to replace it, but it keeps finding its way back into my bag.
  • nitramnitram Take Dead Aim Members Posts: 5,177 ✭✭
    My usual 2-man scramble partner has used a Red X2 since it was introduced. He's been a sub-27 putt per round guy ever since it's been in the bag.
    JBeam BM-435 Blackout 9* Accra Tour-Z RPG 352
    TEE CBX 15* Accra Tour-Z RPG 382
    Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 19* Veylix Rome 988X
    PING S55 4-9 DGTI X100
    Callaway MD4 Raw 46S, 52S, 56W, 60C DGTI 115
    Bettinardi Tour DASS Minovai 2.0
  • MychMych Members Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Oct 28, 2017 #19
    Haven't been able to permanently kick my X2 out of the bag. I've tried a bunch of times, but each time the X2 ends up back in the bag.

Mine is extended to 36", Winn ProX 1.32 grip, with about 30 grams of washers hidden in the cavity. Sets up straight and rolls pure.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    "Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 9.5~ F6 Baffler 16 ~ Baffler 2h ~ Forged Tec One 3i ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Ping Tatum putter
    6 club minimalist: Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Ping Tatum putter ~ Silo Club Carrier
  • SCOTT4099SCOTT4099 Members Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I still was...... miss that one.image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />
    Callaway epic 9.0
    Cobra bio cell 3/4
    Ping G 19 degree hybrid
    Ping ie1 4-AW modus 105
    Callaway MD3 54/58 wedges
    Cleveland HB soft 11 putter 35
  • SnapHooker_605SnapHooker_605 Members Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recently picked up a Red X3 at a pawn shop. Amazing putter! It was not in the greatest of condition, but was the right length still plays well as a gamer. I might get it refinished this winter and make it my true go to putter. I've been trying to get my Newport Stainless to work for years and always end up going back to the Rossie mallet. Gave that putter to my dad so needed to find another mallet to go back to when I finally admit that my stroke just doesn't match up to a blade very well.

Cobra King F8 Driver  Aldila NV-2KXV Green 65 Stiff (9 degree setting, Draw Weight Placement, -3/4")
    Cobra King F8 3-4 Wood Aldila NV-2KXV Blue 70 Stiff (15.5 degree setting, -1/2")
    Cobra King F7 3-4 Hybrid (19 degree setting)
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4 Iron Thru G Wedge - KBS Regular Flex Steel Shafts
    Titleist Spin Milled SM 5 54/10 degree and 58/8 Degree - Stock Steel Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Red X3 (34")

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file