Titleist Pro V1x (New Version)

13»

Comments

• golfdad907golfdad907 Play fast, have fun Members  3102WRX Points: 60Posts: 3,102 Titanium Tees
    Chrome + is at least as long, more predictable spin and far more durable.

Got a dozen with a round of golf last week for $24, good thing as one hard wedge, cover shredded.

Also, people say Hex Black is 'clicky' off putter, I'd say the V1X is at least as clicky.
    Posted:
    2015 GBB 10.5 - MRC B Series 60S 44.75"
    RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
    RFX 7 Wood Matrix Black Tie 7M3
    XHot Pro Hybrid 23 Accra Shaft
    Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V or Recoil 110 S-flex (Recoil for Winter Season)
    Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra grip
    X Forged C Grind 52*
    PM Grind 58* KBS 610 Wedge
    Chrome Soft 2016 Yellow
    Hdcp - between 3 to 5 over the year
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • KiNGPiNGKiNGPiNG Members  114WRX Points: 0Handicap: 6Posts: 114
    gamer
    Posted:
    Ping S56 4-PW KBS Tour 90
    Ping Tour-S 50*-54*-58* KBS Tour
    9* Ping Rapture v2 Aura
    RBZ 3&5 Wood Stock Shaft
    Odessey Versa #7 BWB
  • noraagolfsnoraagolfs south of ChicagoMembers  163WRX Points: 78Posts: 163 Fairways
    I hate Titleist, but I don't hate the pro v1. It was Awesome. I didnt want to like it, but it just worked great for me. Will be sticking up this winter.
    Posted:
  • titleist_freaktitleist_freak Members  259WRX Points: 0Handicap: 6.2Posts: 259
    golfdad907 wrote:

Chrome + is at least as long, more predictable spin and far more durable.

Got a dozen with a round of golf last week for $24, good thing as one hard wedge, cover shredded.

Made me sad they got rid of the Chrome series best golf ball hands done for me and I dont like how the Speed Regime feels off the head image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Also, people say Hex Black is 'clicky' off putter, I'd say the V1X is at least as clicky.
    Posted:
  • LaggingBehindLaggingBehind Members  655WRX Points: 1Handicap: 9Posts: 655 Golden Tee
    Played the Pro V1 last weekend, shredded the cover off one hit with a 9 iron. It's suffice to say I don't appreciate this ball very much. I have yet to try the Pro V1x though, so maybe its a better ball for me and my swing speed. For now I'm sticking to the B330 and B330s.
    Posted:
  • KiNGPiNGKiNGPiNG Members  114WRX Points: 0Handicap: 6Posts: 114
    felt like i had fallen prey to marketing.

just switched theses balls out for the tour preferred x which is one incredible ball.

very responsive around green and does not spin to much off the tee.
    Posted:
    Ping S56 4-PW KBS Tour 90
    Ping Tour-S 50*-54*-58* KBS Tour
    9* Ping Rapture v2 Aura
    RBZ 3&5 Wood Stock Shaft
    Odessey Versa #7 BWB

Advertisement
  • JayMattJayMatt Members  100WRX Points: 57Posts: 100 Fairways
  • BenkrossBenkross 1400 Rounds, Zero Aces Brooklyn, NyMembers  705WRX Points: 78Handicap: 2.4Posts: 705 Golden Tee
    What the ProV1x does best for me is spin a lot on short pitch shots and on low shots. Also love the feeling off the putter. The Tour Preferred X is very similar, slightly harder cover and more shear resistant, doesn't feel as good on short game. Srixon Zstar XV is comparable
    Posted:
    Taylormade M5 9* (Tour AD TP6x)
    Epic 3 Wood 15* (Tour AD TP7x)
    R15 TP 20* Speeder 869 Evo TSx
    716 AP2 4-PW - ProjectX 6.0
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 51/9 - TI S400 
    SM6 S Grind 56/10 - Project X 6.0
    Hi-Toe 60/ATV - Projet X 6.0
    DJ Spider 34", 2.5*
    TP 5/5x

• smiedtsmiedt Members  73WRX Points: 26Posts: 73 Bunkers
    Hifade wrote:

Has anyone played the new Pro V1x and compared it distance wise and spin wise to last year's version? Let us know.

Surely given the dimensions and restrictions technology has actually maxed out.
    Posted:
  • brettc3brettc3 Members  11WRX Points: 17Posts: 11 Bunkers
    shook23 wrote:

Hifade wrote on May 26 2005, 12:27 PM:
    Hmmmmmm.....I thought he new cover was supposed to be harder, therefore less spin and such. This sounds like it may be softer and sheer more.
    »

To me, the new x didn't have the "snap" off of the face that last year's did... Also with short irons/wedge shots, the trajectory is like the ball goes up and out great, then just stops and falls straight outta the sky... I'd say on the short irons it's 5 yards shorter...

my .02.

Would you say this new X ball has taken a step back?
    Posted:
  • greengolfer54greengolfer54 Members  145WRX Points: 25Posts: 145 Fairways
    Always played the Prov1x...couldn't be more happy to playing the Chromesoft x now.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • PepperturboPepperturbo Midwest and SouthwestMembers  16530WRX Points: 867Handicap: Low-Mid SDPosts: 16,530 Titanium Tees
    I like last years ProV1x a bit more than 2017, though I have been playing it. Maybe its the feel, not sure. Reason for 4 stars.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS2 9.5, Ventus 5 "S"
    Titleist TS2 16.5*, Ventus 7 "S"
    Titleist 718 T-MB 17* 2i, Steelfiber "S"
    Titleist 620 CB/MB 3i-PW, Steelfiber "S"
    SM6 F-52/8, Steelfiber "S"
    SM6 M-58/8, DG-S200
    SC California Monterey
    ProV1

• ProV1KenobiProV1Kenobi Members  184WRX Points: 0Posts: 184
    Is there any other ball for a big hitter? I think not. Low spin, great in the wind. Releases on chips.
    Posted:
  • PepperturboPepperturbo Midwest and SouthwestMembers  16530WRX Points: 867Handicap: Low-Mid SDPosts: 16,530 Titanium Tees
    Been playing 2017 ProV1X for many months now... also have ProV1 in play now and again. I like ProV1 but seems soft at impact, and if my swings a bit off I get more spin than desired. No distance difference though. I just like feeling the ball at impact and ProV1X feels a bit firmer. Time will tell. image/beach.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':beach:' />
    Posted:
    Titleist TS2 9.5, Ventus 5 "S"
    Titleist TS2 16.5*, Ventus 7 "S"
    Titleist 718 T-MB 17* 2i, Steelfiber "S"
    Titleist 620 CB/MB 3i-PW, Steelfiber "S"
    SM6 F-52/8, Steelfiber "S"
    SM6 M-58/8, DG-S200
    SC California Monterey
    ProV1

• golfer1ggolfer1g Members  239WRX Points: 0Handicap: 3Posts: 239
    I feel like they are a little longer than the older versions
    Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Taylormade 2016 M2 9.5 Tour issue GD Tour AD 6s[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Taylormade 2016 M1 15 Tour Isuuse [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]GD Tour AD 6s[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Adams A12 Pro 18 and 23 Rip'D[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Maxfli Australian Blades 5-9 Modus 120s[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 48* 52* 56*60* Modus 125 wedge[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Scotty Cameron NP2 Gun Blue[/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Titleist Pro V1[/font]
  • Majors17Majors17 Members  78WRX Points: 51Posts: 78 Fairways
    Its hard to imagine a better ball than this
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • JayMattJayMatt Members  100WRX Points: 57Posts: 100 Fairways
    -
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.