Tour Edge Exotics

I posted in the retail section also. Anyone else try these great new fairway woods? These things are awesome. I will post a detailed and complete review in a few days.

Stay tuned......

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted in the retail section also. Anyone else try these great new fairway woods? These things are awesome. I will post a detailed and complete review in a few days.

Stay tuned......

5463[/snapback]

I realy wish you would stop posting about these! Your driving the ebay prices up :busted_cop:

On the hunt for one now! thanks for all the info1 josh

I am a Tour Edge user. Everything in my bag is Tour Edge. The Exotics are a great club..........if not for the price tag they carry (399.00). My fairway woods are the Bazooka Hyper Steel HL ($79.00) series and are every bit as good both in distance, and accuracy as the exotics. I have hit, and played both. Both are great clubs, but if you are cost conscious about your golf, go with the HL series. GJ :busted_cop:

• 1 month later...

Good for you.....the stock shaft is fine.

I  just ordered one of these in Left hand and I am looking forward to trying these.  On a side note how does the stock fuji shaft in these play?

21100[/snapback]

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

• 1 month later...

I did not find it to be as great as everyone said. I thought it was solid, but, was not any better than some of the fw I have, and not even close to my fusion tour 15*. Now in defense of the club, I think the stock fuji shaft is not a good shaft for me, so i am torn between replacing it or dumping the club.

This club has brought joy to many a golf game on this site. It must be something, because the majority think this is it.

That is why they make chocolate and vanilla, I just happen to prefer vanilla.

I have been playing the 15 degree 3 wood for 6 weeks. The feel and hotness of this club are perfect. I average 260 to 270 with my Callaway 454 driver and hit the this 3 wood 240 to 255. That is not that much of a sacrifice when you need a little more accuracy. Trajectory seems a bit high but maybe it's just that I could never get any of my previous 3 woods airborne. I understand the driver is projected for release early in 2006. I will definitely try it out.....

• 2 months later...
i just started golfing in december of 2004 and i've gone through a lot of equiptment.  these tour edge exotics products are the best clubs i have come across.  my boss who is a HONMA only guy always plays a few holes with my wood at the course.  i've had the 3 wood and the exotics irons and i'm going nuts waiting for the driver to come out.  if any one has a picture or any more info on the exotics driver please tell.

37847[/snapback]

I just hit the driver today on the launch monitor today at the Supreme Golf store in Southlake Texas. This club looks good! The club face is as shiny as a mirror. The head has the same type of look and color as the 3 wood. I hit many clubs today, but my best numbers on the LM were with this stick. The salesman said it would be available sometime next year. He was also sold on the 3 wood.

tried the tour edge hl 3+ bazooka...

can't believe i got for only $50 brand new w/a UST graphite low kick stiff shaft...it felt better and performed better than any other fairway wood that cost more than $100...

great value in this club...

RBallz Tour 10.5
3w G20, 5w rktballz2
19* Xhot
4-PW I20 KBS Tour S
Sabertooth w/Superstroke
52* 588RTX CB, 58* Vokey

• 2 weeks later...

These are the best fairway woods I've ever hit. I have been playing a 4-wood (one inch long) since June, and it has been almost as long as my driver. They are easy to hit, set up well, and are pretty to look at. Should be getting my 9 degree exotics driver in later this week or next week. Stock shaft works well with the head.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

VERY impressive. hit my previous 3 wood 250-260 max (granted it was an older callaway) the first time i pulled it (15 deg. stock fuji-x)out of the bag was on a par 5 280 out into a breeze and put it inside 25 feet. have hit more shots with this club that there is NO WAY i could possibly hit with my old 3 wood. it has totally changed the way i look at shots over 250. not only is it LONG but the ball flight is high and boring. can carry it 280 and hold a green. before i played this club i had probably hit 2 or 3 greens in my life over 260 (under normal conditions) got the club in september and gave probably hit over 10 green in next 25-30 rounds . has anyone else hit the driver? would love to get my hands on that.

• 1 month later...

Last week I was in my local golf shop trying to get some advice on what shafts to get in my Mizuno irons. The owner and I got to talking about other golf stuff and he told me about these clubs. I was like nah I don't want to hit some off brand like this plus the price tag was insane I thought. All I can say is I'm glad he talked me into hitting the 3 wood. This is by far the best 3 wood I have ever hit in my life. I hit it atleast 15 yards longer then my Cleveland and the ball flight is so perfect for me. I think this 3 wood is going in my bag ASAP. Beware....don't hit these clubs unless you feel like owning a new wood. Dang I hate when that happens to me!!!!!

• 3 months later...

I've been carrying the 15* Tour Edge Exotic with a V2 75(s) shaft for about 3months. I also have the 18* 5wd with their stock Fuji (x) shaft, but haven't had the occasion to put it in my bag since I prefer my 2i for 205-215yd shots.

Beautiful workmanship and when struck well fly's as far as my old 13* 905f, nice sound and great feel. It goes about 230-240yds when struck well off a tee or the deck. On my best strikes 245yds+ to the longest being 265yds down the middle.

If I hit it poorly, I get about 205-210yds, still straight. In the next few weeks thought I am replacing the shaft with a Accra SC75 M4. I believe that will improve my ball striking with it because I can't feel the head in my back swing and tend to come through to fast for the V2 75, plus it has a slightly weaker mid-section and mid-kp.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

• 1 month later...

VERY impressive. hit my previous 3 wood 250-260 max (granted it was an older callaway) the first time i pulled it (15 deg. stock fuji-x)out of the bag was on a par 5 280 out into a breeze and put it inside 25 feet. have hit more shots with this club that there is NO WAY i could possibly hit with my old 3 wood. it has totally changed the way i look at shots over 250. not only is it LONG but the ball flight is high and boring. can carry it 280 and hold a green. before i played this club i had probably hit 2 or 3 greens in my life over 260 (under normal conditions) got the club in september and gave probably hit over 10 green in next 25-30 rounds . has anyone else hit the driver? would love to get my hands on that.

280 into a breeze? You are an animal or embellishing a bit

• 4 months later...

hit it for the first time yesterday. usually i give a club around a month or so before i rate it. but this thing felt sooo sweet. i will be getting it reshafted for sure. also, i really wish that Tour Edge made this club in a 4-wood for lefties. I don't like hitting a 15* off of the turf, but I will have to get used to it to keep this club. Can't tell you much for distance/control yet because the shaft in it doesn't fit me, but this is definitely the best feeling fairway wood on the market (or at least that ive tried). I have the TEE driver as well and I might only give that 3 stars. I was not nearly as impressed with the driver as I was with the 3 wood. does anyone know of a driver that has a similar feel of this 3 wood? Would you compare the feel of the Taylormade drivers to the TEE fairway woods?

i take back my comments about the TEE driver. it is a very easy driver to overpower (at least the way I have it set up, 10.5* standard length stiff Aldila NV). there are much more forgiving drivers on the market. however, if you know how to hit the ball, i dont think you will be able to find a hotter club. this is a player's driver. still, the feel is not as good as the fairway wood. id give it 4 stars after playing it today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got one of these ( 3 WOOD) at Christmas! Bought it in Stiff shaft (usually hit regular)! An awesome golf club! Had the HOT X cally and this club made it look sick!! Tried to buy another on ebay but cannot get a deal on there anymore! Too many people have discovered this club! I have been told the driver is GREAT, but have not tried it yet!

GREAT CLUB!!

• 2 months later...

I've played my TEE 15* with the Fuji HL three times now. I had a really mixed experience with it yesterday on a 310 yd par 4. Bad set up and swing from the tee with the TEE caused about a 40 yard top just passed the ladies tees( Can't remember the last time I did that with any club).

But the next shot redeemed the TEE when a good smooth swing sailed high and long to the right side of the green, pin high. Even thought it was down wind I do not average 270 with 3W.

When struck well, I've never hit another club like it.

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist TS2 15* Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist TS2 18* Tensei AV Blue
Titleist Hybrid (816) 23* Basarra HL 
Titleist AP1 718 5-GW 48Tensei Graphite 
Vokey 52.08, 56.10 SM9
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35”
Tiltleist 14 Hybrid
Titleist Pro V1

Anyone else have problems with these going left? Mine sits quite a bit closed and the lie angle of 59.5 degrees is crazy upright for a club of 42.5 inches. My old 16 degree callaway steel fairway wood had a lie angle of 55 degrees and I hit that a lot straighter without manipulation!

Also, it doesn't look like these can be bent at all due to the non-existent hosel. This is a real shame, since I really think I would kill this club otherwise.

Something to be aware of if you hit a draw naturally. Yes they go a long way off the tee, but off the deck, look out left!!

My search for the perfect fairway wood continues...

919THI 11.5° / 1° open
929hs 20° / dead square
775hs 21° & 24° & 27°
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 6-pw
MP-T11 50° & 55° / MPT4 61°
Ping Sydney 33"

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Got the new CB2 recently. I love it, it feels really really nice off the tee and turf. I am a little questionable about the stock shaft. It has a bit of a high torque. Im debating putting a V2 shaft in it. Any advice for me? Has anyone out there experimented with this situation.

Did you go for the std Quad X shaft from Graphite design?

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max 10.5 Driver/MCA Vanquish 4 Stiff
Titleist TSR2+ 13.0 degree 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15.0 degree (@ 17) 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Ping G430 22.0 degree 4 hybrid/MCA Kai’Li White HY 80 Stiff
Taylormade P790 2021 5-PW irons/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 50 degree SB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 54 degree HB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Taylormade MG3 58 degree LB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Odyssey White Hot OG 7 Bird 34” putter/Stroke Lab double bend shaft
Taylormade TP5x/Titleist Pro V1x ball

Vessel/Cobra Tour bag 2022

I absolutely love my new 18* TEE that I shafted with a Grafalloy Blue X 65g. It's just such an explosive club, and it works much better in my current setup than my 3 wood did.

Even if I'm playing like garbage, this club has usually come through in a pinch!

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS w/Tensei Orange // Callaway Epic Flash 3W w/GD Tour AD IZ-7 // Adams Idea Pro a12 w/UST VTS //

Callaway X Forged 2018 5-PW w/PX Catalyst 100 // Callaway JAWS MD5 50* 54* 58* & Full Toe 64* w/PX Catalyst 80 // Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"