Bandon Trip follow-up... Lodging and caddies...

Capitalist!Capitalist! Fine cigars and fine golf coursesMembers Posts: 235
Lodging....

Only Had $400 rooms, so I booked off site... $300 room available in Inn, decided to stay on site... Wait listed for Lodge... Got a Call yesterday, Golf single available... $260... Much better and more central... Very pleased...

Caddies...

Debated the issue and decided to get a caddy for all 36 holes for both days... Fatigue and Maximum enjoyment were primary issues... The extra $400+ makes an expensive short trip, much more expensive... But it will add to my enjoyment... Getting a few extra birdies versus a bogies on a few holes will also help with the memories of the visit...

Now about those fires... Should I be afraid to smoke my cigars?
Best regards....

Comments

• Capitalist!Capitalist! Fine cigars and fine golf courses Members Posts: 235
    I asked before and will scan threads...

But I prefer an athletic single bag caddy with the highest level of course knowledge... Post a name if you can recall...
    Best regards....
  • mallratmallrat Members Posts: 2,913 ✭✭
    Ronnie McNeil...as good as they get down there, also used to caddy at Pinehurst.

I'm pretty positive that if they have the caddies they won't put a single on a double bag.
  • DexterCDexterC Members Posts: 33 ✭✭

I asked before and will scan threads...

But I prefer an athletic single bag caddy with the highest level of course knowledge... Post a name if you can recall...

Joey Russell
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]TaylorMade R11
    TaylorMade M2 Fairway
    Ping G5 Hybrid

Titleist AP2 ProjectX Regular
    Titleist Volkey 52, 56

Odessy Works #7[/font]
  • WiscoGolfAddictWiscoGolfAddict Members Posts: 138
    Was just there last month (resort and experience reviewed here) and all three caddies we were with were great! We had Charlie the first round and it was one of the best caddie experiences I've ever had; then we had Daniel the rest of the trips and had one loop shared with Mitch - all three were awesome caddies. You can't really go wrong there!

Have you been to Bandon before? Are you playing all the courses? I've got links to each course review in the above link - I'm jealous you've got it to look forward to!
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 9,849 ✭✭
    edited Sep 9, 2015 #6
    Danny (snow ball) Clayton. Junior champion 02,03,04. CIF champion 04, New Zealand golf academy graduate. CSU Chico team 04-08.
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace [font=comic sans ms,cursive]SNYPER [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]II [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]46"[/font][/font]
    Oregon Ducks Bag