Looks like Oakley is getting out of the Golf Shoe Market. Will they still be making the Carbon Pro

I heard a rumor a couple weeks ago that Oakley was getting out of the Golf Shoe business, and now it looks to be true. They have removed all of the golf shoes from their website, with the exception of the Carbon Pro 2. I recently started wearing the Carbon Pro 2, and can say that it is hands down the most comfortable golf shoe I have ever worn. So needless to say I will be super bummed if Oakley stops making them also. The only hope that I have is that Bubba signed a big contract with them a couple years ago, and maybe they will keeping making the Carbon Pro line for him. I know their shoes have a very minimal following, but has anybody heard if they will be halting the Carbon Pro line after its current run?

Titleist 910D2 w/Diamana D+
Bio Cell + 5-7
MP 53 4-PW
Edel 58*
Ping TR 1966 Anser

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Nic1972' timestamp='1441998901' post='12300516']
I do not know if they will get out of the shoe business, but on their website you can still find the Cipher 4 golf shoe, alongside the Carbon Pro.
[/quote]

Thanks for your reply. Obviously getting any info about Oakley shoes on this site is like trying get whiskey from a water fountain. I can understand why they don't have a big following though. I think you may have been looking on the Oakley "Vault" site which is where they list all of their clearance stuff. I am looking at the main website right now and they are showing the Carbon Pro 2's as their only golf shoe, and are only showing 2 styles of golf polo's right now. Not sure what is going on with them at the moment. Maybe they are just creating a new line of apparel for the fall. Looks to me like they are phasing a lot of stuff out though. Which is a shame because their clothing line was really nice. I really don't think they want to lose Bubba, so my guess is that they will continue to make one off stuff for him and make just a limited amount for the public, or stop offering it to the public all together.

Bio Cell + 5-7
MP 53 4-PW
Edel 58*
Ping TR 1966 Anser

It could be seasonal. They may be one of the companies that doesn't have a Fall Line of apparel apart from outerwear, or the website is just under revision. I don't think they are going to cease apparel.

It would not surprise me if they left the golf shoe market. I love Oakley product, but apart from their sandals their footwear business has been very volatile and inconsistent, from quality, popularity and retailers that carry their shoes.

I feel as though Under Armour will take their marketshare in the footwear market for golf, perhaps elsewhere too.

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

Yes. Oakley is getting out of the golf shoe business. 2015 is the end of the line for that product.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

I think that is a hard business to survive in. Footjoy is huge. Addidas, Nike, Puma, Callaway, Ecco, New Balance, True Linkswear, and a lot of other names.

Driver #1: TM Aeroburner TP 10.5 °
Driver #2 TM Aeroburner TP Mini 14°
5W: TM Aeroburner TP 18°
Hybrid: TM Aeroburner TP 19°
Irons: TM Tour Preferred CB 4 - AW
Wedge: TM Tour Preferred 56° ATV
Putter#1: Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport Two
Putter#2: Scotty Cameron California Sea Mist Fastback 1/500
Putter#3: Scotty Cameron California Hollywood
Sun Mountain C-130 Red, White & Blue
Handicap 27.1

[quote name='Canuckistan' timestamp='1442270258' post='12313454']
What I've heard about Bubba is that he will wear Oakley shoes for the rest of this season, and then go to Footjoy shoes to start next season.
[/quote]

That seems logical enough. I wonder if Oakley will slowly remove their golf apparel line too?

[quote name='Chilidog' timestamp='1442261538' post='12312896']
I just talked to my contact at Oakley and he confirmed that shoes are done including the Carbon Pros. I am waiting to hear back from my contact in their apparel side.
[/quote]

Wow. Thanks for the info. What a bummer though. I guess I will have to get another pair of Carbon Pro's before they are completely gone. Hopefully they go on clearance sometime soon.

Bio Cell + 5-7
MP 53 4-PW
Edel 58*
Ping TR 1966 Anser

Sad to hear Oakley is out of the golf shoe business. I am glad I picked up the black and white Carbon Pro 2 as it is a great shoe from a performance stand point. And they have a sporty and classy look that works with shorts and pants. The Oakley golf polo shirts are high quality with fun designs so I hope they continue with the apparel.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/217457/review-oakley-carbon-pro-2-golf-shoes/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...o-2-golf-shoes/[/url]

"Friendships born on the field of athletic strife are the real gold of competition.  Awards become corroded; friends gather no dust." -- Jesse Owens

WITB 2024 Edition

• Woods: :cobra-small: DarkSpeed X [10.5*, :kbs: TD LE 60; :cobra-small:  DarkSpeed LS [17.5*], TD Gloss 70; Iomic Evolution
  • Hybrid: :cobra-small: King Tec 2019 [19*], :kbs: PGH 85; Iomic Evolution
  • Irons & Wedges:  King Tour [4i & 5i], King CB [6i to Pw]; UST Mamiya Recoil 110; Iomic Evolution
  • Wedges: S23, 610; UST Mamiya Recoil 125 Prototype; Iomic Evolution
  • Putter: :cobra-small: Grandsport-35 [24]; :garsen: Quad Tour NT TPE
  • Ball: :bridgestone-small: XS [22];
  • Notables: :cobra-small: -Vessel Tour stand bag; :ShotScope: Pro LX+ with H4; :Clicgear: 3.5+ w/Alphard Club Booster V2;

[quote name='wfwp' timestamp='1442317181' post='12315610']
Sad to hear Oakley is out of the golf shoe business. I am glad I picked up the black and white Carbon Pro 2 as it is a great shoe from a performance stand point. And they have a sporty and classy look that works with shorts and pants. The Oakley golf polo shirts are high quality with fun designs so I hope they continue with the apparel.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/217457/review-oakley-carbon-pro-2-golf-shoes/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...o-2-golf-shoes/[/url]
[/quote]

Could not agree more. I think they are the best shoe I have ever worn. Very comfortable, supportive, and very stylish. I think the $200 price point scared a lot of people away from trying them. People are willing to pay that much for a tried and true brand like FJ or Nike, but forking that much over for an unknown entity can be a bit scary. I really think that if they would have been able to at least introduce them at a cheaper price point the Carbon Pro's could have gained a little more traction in the market.

Bio Cell + 5-7
MP 53 4-PW
Edel 58*
Ping TR 1966 Anser

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1442280947' post='12314228']
[quote name='Canuckistan' timestamp='1442270258' post='12313454']
What I've heard about Bubba is that he will wear Oakley shoes for the rest of this season, and then go to Footjoy shoes to start next season.
[/quote]

That seems logical enough. I wonder if Oakley will slowly remove their golf apparel line too?
[/quote]

I would doubt it. Oakley's core business is eyewear and apparel. Footwear development is more involved than apparel design.

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

[quote name='Armypilot84' timestamp='1442318512' post='12315678']
[quote name='wfwp' timestamp='1442317181' post='12315610']

[/quote]

Could not agree more. I think they are the best shoe I have ever worn. Very comfortable, supportive, and very stylish. I think the $200 price point scared a lot of people away from trying them. People are willing to pay that much for a tried and true brand like FJ or Nike, but forking that much over for an unknown entity can be a bit scary. I really think that if they would have been able to at least introduce them at a cheaper price point the Carbon Pro's could have gained a little more traction in the market.
[/quote]

It is difficult to find a place to find Oakley golf shoes to try on so I feel the growth of their golf shoes was limited to non existent. So I am not too surprised the Oakley golf shoes will not be made in the near future.

"Friendships born on the field of athletic strife are the real gold of competition.  Awards become corroded; friends gather no dust." -- Jesse Owens

WITB 2024 Edition

• Woods: :cobra-small: DarkSpeed X [10.5*, :kbs: TD LE 60; :cobra-small:  DarkSpeed LS [17.5*], TD Gloss 70; Iomic Evolution
  • Hybrid: :cobra-small: King Tec 2019 [19*], :kbs: PGH 85; Iomic Evolution
  • Irons & Wedges:  King Tour [4i & 5i], King CB [6i to Pw]; UST Mamiya Recoil 110; Iomic Evolution
  • Wedges: S23, 610; UST Mamiya Recoil 125 Prototype; Iomic Evolution
  • Putter: :cobra-small: Grandsport-35 [24]; :garsen: Quad Tour NT TPE
  • Ball: :bridgestone-small: XS [22];
  • Notables: :cobra-small: -Vessel Tour stand bag; :ShotScope: Pro LX+ with H4; :Clicgear: 3.5+ w/Alphard Club Booster V2;

[quote name='Hit-em' timestamp='1442404233' post='12321122']
How do the Carbon Pro 2's run as far as overall feel ..do they run true in sizing, width, comfort...etc
Thanks
[/quote]

I would really break "Feel" into three sub-categories: Comfort, Stability, and Weight.

1. Comfort- The Carbon Pro 2 is hands down the most comfortable golf shoe I have ever worn. They have a plush memory foam insert and they spray a thin layer of silicone on the insert to keep your foot from sliding around in the shoe. They have great arch support and really support the foot if you are into walking. The small piece of they put on the top of the tongue is fantastic, because it keeps it from rubbing your ankles if you like to wear short socks.

2. Stability- Bubba wears these, and if they are good enough to hold him to the ground with his sub-sonic SS then they are plenty enough for us mortals on this site.

3. Weight- this is the only area that I can ding them on. They are a bit on the heavier side. If light-weight is a must for you, than you might want to look elsewhere.

The fit is about 1/2 size big. I normally wear 10 1/2 in Puma spikes, and I am plenty comfortable in 10's with the Carbon Pro 2's. Hope this helps

Bio Cell + 5-7
MP 53 4-PW
Edel 58*
Ping TR 1966 Anser

This is a huge bummer. I have a pair of orange cipher 2 shoes and somebody on here kindly sent me a tonne of replacement pads from the USA as you can't get them in the UK. I've been searching for another pair of cipher 2 shoes as a backup but can't find any UK size 12s. May have to look on USA websites and get some sent over. Absolutely love these shoes and don't want my orange pair to be my only ones.