Shoulder popping

golfer_juniorgolfer_junior Members Posts: 1,152
edited Dec 3, 2005 in Juniors/College Golf Talk #1
ouch
I screwed up my shoulder swinging friday (it made a loud popping sound in the down swing accompanied by a pain i can only compare to dislocating my arm (which I have done 3 times)). Its till hurts alot today but I did have some mobility, enough to make a full swing anyways (its my right shoulder).

Anyone know a good way to get my shoulder feeling better faster? Btw, its not a muscle thing.

Comments

• College GolferCollege Golfer Members Posts: 91
    golfer_junior wrote on Dec 3 2005, 10:30 PM:

I screwed up my shoulder swinging friday (it made a loud popping sound in the down swing accompanied by a pain i can only compare to dislocating my arm (which I have done 3 times)). Its till hurts alot today but I did have some mobility, enough to make a full swing anyways (its my right shoulder).

Anyone know a good way to get my shoulder feeling better faster? Btw, its not a muscle thing.

I'd see a doctor, dont want to hurt it any more and then have to worry about future permanent damage.
  • RSchaffer29RSchaffer29 Los Angeles, CA Members Posts: 680
    as much as we all here would like to help you, I can assure you the best thing to do is to see a doctor who specializes in sports injuries like this one

and I'm going to go out on a limb here at suggest you don't swing a club for a few days
  • golfer_juniorgolfer_junior Members Posts: 1,152
    I think I'm going to wait a couple days to see if it gets better but if not then its off to the doc for me.
  • simmoboysimmoboy Members Posts: 777
    I've dislocated my shoulder 3 times and if you did dislocated it you will be in abit of pain and would not have any mobility in it for atleast a week or two after its been put back in.

I would go see a docter and get him to look at it because if you just popped it ou he can put in back in and you would be ok to start playing in a week or two.

brent
  • PoBoyPoBoy Members Posts: 29
    see a doctor

even if the pain goes away and the mobility returns, multiple shoulder dislocations could be a sign of a bigger problem

When I was a teen I went through something similar. Both my shoulders were dislocating/separating, after which I felt numbness and tingling for ~30 seconds (about the length of time btw two plays in a football game). We called them stingers. Please note that there was no real pain involved.

I ignored it but when I finally saw a doctor (after popping each about 15x), both shoulders had to be reconstructed via 5 surgeries. It would not have been so bad had I gone to the doc after the second or third pop.
    Yeah, I was swinging again today andit popped once, not much pain by my hand went numb. If it persists then i'll go to the doc.
  • cjdrcccjdrcc Jr. Boomers Posts: 543
    From my arm experience with pitching (including semi-torn rotator cuff, brushes with some hand numbness, and my favorite, throwing up the day after a 8.66 inning start. image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ) ICE IT first, bengay for 1/2 a day , shoulder streaches with light weight, and 4 days off. If it still hurts, see a doctor about an MRI and pray.
  • animalisticanimalistic 7th Hole Ballybunion !! Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,235
    dislocated my knee 3 months ago.just back now.any dislocation is a bad dislocation cos once the knee or shoulder has dislocated once it means it has found a groove/channel to dislocate again so you have to build up the surrounding area of muscle
    I haven't played that much since this happened so I'll see how it reacts when the full regiment returns in a week or so.