Pinehurst Off Course Options (rain out)

Looking for some advise on off the course options this weekend. Heading down for a few days and looks like at least one day will be a complete wash. What are some things to do, bars to hit and sights to see if we have a day to burn.

Thanks!

Comments

• hollabachgthollabachgt Members Posts: 643 ✭✭
    Check out the Pine Crest Inn, Tom Stewart's golf shop, and the Tufts Archives in the village.
  • hdr_richdr_ric Members Posts: 1,472 ✭✭
    Ugh, forecast is ugly. Can you reschedule the trip? Looking like a wash out Thurs-Mon this weekend.
  • ChrisSPChrisSP Members Posts: 243 ✭✭
    hdr_ric wrote:

Ugh, forecast is ugly.

No surprise. I live in Pinehurst and the weather has pretty much SUCKED here all year. Freezing cold winter, no spring at all, insanely hot summer, and now rain pretty much every day, and in the forecast, since "Fall" started.

Condolences for those who planned to come this weekend. In addition to the suggestions above, have lunch at the Donald Ross Grill and walk through the Pinehurst Clubhouse. Beyond that, drink, play cards, and hope for a few windows of dry weather.
    PING G400 LST 10*, Tensei Pro Blue 60s
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Tensei CK Blue 70s
    PING G400 Hybrid, 19*, PING Tour 85s
    Callaway Apex Pro 16, 4-PW, Modus 120x
    Callaway MD4 50*, Dynamic Gold S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 56*, KBS Hi-Rev 120
    Cleveland RTX4 60*, Dynamic Gold S400
    SeeMore Nashville Z3c Mallet Black
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • tmharvtmharv Members Posts: 68 ✭✭
    second the idea of lunch (not expensive at all) and walk thru the clubhouse, there is so much history on the walls you can spend half a day just reading about it
  • melomelo Members Posts: 2,174 ✭✭
    hdr_ric wrote:

Ugh, forecast is ugly. Can you reschedule the trip? Looking like a wash out Thurs-Mon this weekend.

This is the best option if possible. They are calling for 6-12" of rain over the next 6 days
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Cobra LTD Tensei Pro Blue 70[/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Titleist 816H1 17* GD AD HY 85[/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Callaway Apex 20* GD AD HY 95[/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Nike Vapor Pro 4-pw Recoil 110 proto[/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Vokey SM6 50-54-58 Recoil 125 proto[/font]
  • AZGolfer1969AZGolfer1969 Members Posts: 105
    Been about 10 years since I was there but there was a great pub in town. Also, strip club where the talent wasn't horrible. Especially the bartender. I miss her. Outside of that not much nightlife going on there.
  • golfingrongolfingron Members Posts: 136 ✭✭
    Thanks for the advice, working cancelling the trip but may not be possible.
  • Petunia SprinklePetunia Sprinkle Future King of France Unregistered Posts: 5,362 ✭✭
  • herdmanherdman Members Posts: 714 ✭✭
    I live an hour north of Pinehurst. I would not recommend going this weekend. I doubt the courses could even be playable.