LIVE Q&A: Callaway Golf Apex Irons and Hybrids. Mon Oct 5, 4PM ET / 1PM PT. Ask questions NOW!

1234568»

Comments

• BeanieAZBeanieAZ Members Posts: 482
    I noticed there's a slight de-lofting in the new Apex Pros from the 2014 Apex Pros, what was behind that decision made to raise the lofts slightly? Thanks y'all!
    Callaway X2 Hot Pro 8.5° w/ Oban Devotion 6 X-Flex
    Callaway 816 Alpha 14° w/ Accra AC75 M5 X-Flex
    Adams Pro 20° 3h w/ Aldila Tour Red ATX75h X-Flex
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW w/ X-100
    Titleist Vokey 50.08 SM5 F-Grind
    Titleist Vokey 54.08 SM
    Titleist Vokey 58.12 SM
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport
  • jlukesjlukes Members Posts: 170 ✭✭
    BeanieAZ wrote:

I noticed there's a slight de-lofting in the new Apex Pros from the 2014 Apex Pros, what was behind that decision made to raise the lofts slightly? Thanks y'all!

Q&A is over and I am not with Callaway, but I believe that by putting more tungsten weights in the sole, they were able to increase launch angle a bit, so then they could subsequently make the lofts slightly stronger to make peak height/flight ideal and thus provide a small bump in distance.
    Ping G410 Plus 9* ACCRA TZ5 65 M5
    Ping G410 LST 14.5 ACCRA TZ5 75 M5
    Titleist 818 H2 19* Fujikura ATMOS HB TS 8X
    Srixon U65 23* Paderson Kinetixx IMRT X
    Srixon z765 5-PW Nippon Modus3 120X
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50.08 F - 54.10 S - 60.12 D
    Evnroll ER2 - customized at The Golf Garage
    Srixon Z-STAR XV
  • FarrowFarrow Members Posts: 627
    jlukes wrote:

BeanieAZ wrote:

Q&A is over and I am not with Callaway, but I believe that by putting more tungsten weights in the sole, they were able to increase launch angle a bit, so then they could subsequently make the lofts slightly stronger to make peak height/flight ideal and thus provide a small bump in distance.

If you actually look at the specs, what BeanieAZ is pointing out is that the Apex Pro 16's are in fact slightly weaker in loft than their predecessors, not stronger.
  • ram01002ram01002 Members Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    Does anyone have the bounce specs for the new Apex irons?
  • HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes. The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,232 mod
    GIVEAWAY RESULTS:

Thanks to everyone who entered. Any GolfWRX member who had a question answered by Callaway during the chat was entered in a random drawing for Callaway equipment. And the 2 winners are....

Apex Irons: Buddyroo

Apex Hybrids: golfware

Congrats to everyone who entered and to Callaway for the chat & giveaway!
    Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

• cliffhangercliffhanger spruce grove albertaClubWRX Posts: 1,754 ClubWRX
    Congrats to the winners!! It would be super nice to see more manufacturers do this on a regular basis.

Driver: M6 (10.5 deg) with Project X Smoke 60X playing at 45 inches
    3Wood: M6 (14 deg) with Project X Smoke 70X playing at 43 inches
    Hybrid: M6 #3 with KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95X
    4-GW: P760 with KBS Tour X (all bent 2 deg flat)
    HiToe Wedges: 56/10 and 60/10 (all bent 2 deg flat) with 2.0 hi-rev shafts
    Mullen 2 TP putter @ 34 inches 
    TP 5 ball 

All grips 360 tour velvet burgundy with 1 extra wrap

Sun mountain 4.5 stand bag

• golfwaregolfware Members Posts: 4,782 ✭✭
    Woohoo!!!!!!!! Thanks HIP and WRX!!!
  • jlukesjlukes Members Posts: 170 ✭✭
    Farrow wrote:

jlukes wrote:

BeanieAZ wrote:

If you actually look at the specs, what BeanieAZ is pointing out is that the Apex Pro 16's are in fact slightly weaker in loft than their predecessors, not stronger.

Ah, delofting = less loft so that is what I thought he meant.
    Ping G410 Plus 9* ACCRA TZ5 65 M5
    Ping G410 LST 14.5 ACCRA TZ5 75 M5
    Titleist 818 H2 19* Fujikura ATMOS HB TS 8X
    Srixon U65 23* Paderson Kinetixx IMRT X
    Srixon z765 5-PW Nippon Modus3 120X
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50.08 F - 54.10 S - 60.12 D
    Evnroll ER2 - customized at The Golf Garage
    Srixon Z-STAR XV
  • ron lefthanded holmesron lefthanded holmes Members Posts: 2,648

Congrats to the winners!! It would be super nice to see more manufacturers do this on a regular basis.

It would but ive seen over time a lot of them get hammered on here of members so thats why we see very little of them,use to be a regular thing but guess no more,so thanks Cally
    Driver Ping G400 10*
    Hybrids Ping G30 17* 19*
    Irons Ping i200 4//PW
    Wedges Ping Glide 50* 54* 60*
    Putter Black Series
    Balls Bridgestone B330-RXS
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,116 ✭✭
    edited Oct 6, 2015 #221

It would but ive seen over time a lot of them get hammered on here of members so thats why we see very little of them,use to be a regular thing but guess no more,so thanks Cally

Truth. Two chats before, Harry was just abused by some members here. It was disgraceful. It was a LONG time before he came back.
    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • ron lefthanded holmesron lefthanded holmes Members Posts: 2,648
    tbowles411 wrote:

Truth. Two chats before, Harry was just abused by some members here. It was disgraceful. It was a LONG time before he came back.

Lets hope its not a long time again my friend, as its great seeing them on here,
    Driver Ping G400 10*
    Hybrids Ping G30 17* 19*
    Irons Ping i200 4//PW
    Wedges Ping Glide 50* 54* 60*
    Putter Black Series
    Balls Bridgestone B330-RXS
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,116 ✭✭

tbowles411 wrote:

Lets hope its not a long time again my friend, as its great seeing them on here,

True enough!
    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • Will ParWill Par Members Posts: 1,005
    WOW! Just checked in after playing golf this morning and what a surprise. Thanks Callaway and thanks GolfWRX. This is so perfect. I'm currently playing a 15 year old set of... Apex Irons...the Hogan ones made by Spalding. I definitely needed an upgrade and this is exactly what I want. And I just had a birthday so this is a great birthday present. Thanks much to everyone. This is great!
    The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind. -Bob Dylan
    Everything is dust in the wind. -Kansas
  • BeanieAZBeanieAZ Members Posts: 482
    jlukes wrote:

Farrow wrote:

jlukes wrote:

BeanieAZ wrote:

Ah, delofting = less loft so that is what I thought he meant.

I misspoke (mistyped?), I meant that they made the lofts weaker. I correctly stated it in the next sentence. (Now to go back and make sure I actually DID state it correctly...) lol
    Callaway X2 Hot Pro 8.5° w/ Oban Devotion 6 X-Flex
    Callaway 816 Alpha 14° w/ Accra AC75 M5 X-Flex
    Adams Pro 20° 3h w/ Aldila Tour Red ATX75h X-Flex
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW w/ X-100
    Titleist Vokey 50.08 SM5 F-Grind
    Titleist Vokey 54.08 SM
    Titleist Vokey 58.12 SM
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport
  • BoltBolt Members Posts: 14
    Nice. Congrats to the lucky 2.
  • dalillama47dalillama47 Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭
    A big thanks too Callaway and golfwrx for the chat, and congrats to the winners of the iron set and hybrids.
    Srixon Z785
    Srixon F85 3 & 5
    Srixon H85 #4 22*
    Srixon Z585 5 iron, Z785 6-pw
    Cleveland RTX 4, 50,54, & 58
    Cleveland Soft 11C
    Srixon 2019 Z Star

• bigcatbarstoolbigcatbarstool Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
    is the apex pro comparable to the ap2 in terms of workability and shot dispersion?
  • Dscvrr St LouisDscvrr St Louis #CALLAWRX 12/12/12 & HOGAN Ft Worth ClubWRX Posts: 5,398 ✭✭

is the apex pro comparable to the ap2 in terms of workability and shot dispersion?

having tested both new models, i would say comparable.
    Callaway Rogue SZ 8.0(9.0-N/-1), XPHLEXXX Agera Red Stripe Stiff, Veylix Rome 788, VA Composites Raijin 74 04
    Callaway Rogue SZ 15 Veylix 888 FM4 Matte Black, VA Composites Raijin 74 04
    Callaway BB Alpha 815 Hybrid 20*(Set to 19*)Veylix Rome 988 S
    Callaway X Forged 2017/Apex MB 2017 Modus 3 Tour 120 X
    Toulon Garage Long Island, Tad Moore Seve TM2(2017), Piretti Potenza Tour Only, Tad Moore TM4(2018), Tad Moore TM7 JV(1992), Ping ZB Vault 2.0
    Callaway MD4 54/58 Modus 3 125 Wedge/ Vega 50/54/58 Modus 125 Limited Blue

WITB Link