2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

UNIQLO Recommendations for Fall/Winter Golf (and Spring/Summer)

For those who play in the cold, I wanted to share some of the best items from Uniqlo that I have. I wear Uniqlo off the course so I've eliminated items that aren't ideal for golf. I've narrowed down my recommendations that provide warmth but most importantly, not restricting the swing. Like most of their stuff, everything is mainly solid colors but prices can't be beat in comparison to the bigger golf brands. The order is based on what I recommend the most. Hope you find these helpful.

Update: Spring/Summer

Also, they just released the Adam Scott Collection, which even has more stuff that I will definitely be purchasing.

Taylormade SIM2 Max | Srixon Z-Star | Cleveland Launcher DST | Mizuno JPX-825 Pro | Titleist Vokey SM5 (54S, 58K) | SC Studio Select Newport 2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Scooter McGavine' timestamp='1445019479' post='12465648']The length on ALL of their pants is 34 inches. Ummmmmmm what? 90 percent of the population would have to have them professionally hemmed.[/quote]

Yeah, it's odd but they offer free in-store tailoring. But it's a disadvantage for those without a nearby store. I'm sure the one pant length strategy has something to do with production cost savings or whatever.

Taylormade SIM2 Max | Srixon Z-Star | Cleveland Launcher DST | Mizuno JPX-825 Pro | Titleist Vokey SM5 (54S, 58K) | SC Studio Select Newport 2

[quote name='toadstyle' timestamp='1444947854' post='12461992']
Those heattech slacks look nice.
[/quote]

It's a great alternative and cheaper option to UA materials. I think it's just as warm, and they have a heat tech line for everything all the way down to socks and underwear.

Wow, I may have to look into these products. The price is certainly nice. I saw a pair of fleece lined Nike pants with a sticker for $100 on them at Golfsmith the other day. can you comment on the durability of the Uniqlo products? I'd rather spend a bit more on another product if durability is not that good.

-Doc Todd

Wishon 919 9* Kuro Kage 70gm stiff
R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58
Old school Ping Anser with loads of lead tape

In terms of quality and durability, I think they are pretty good. I wear a lot of uniqlo products on a daily basis to work and such and they've held up well. The golf specific stuff I wear once a week when I play on the weekends so they of course have gotten less wear. I would suggest getting one of each thing you are interested in and then judge for yourself before you buy multiple colors of each.

[quote name='teamacacia' timestamp='1445428954' post='12486486']
Wow, I may have to look into these products. The price is certainly nice. I saw a pair of fleece lined Nike pants with a sticker for $100 on them at Golfsmith the other day. can you comment on the durability of the Uniqlo products? I'd rather spend a bit more on another product if durability is not that good.
[/quote]

Nike Weatherized Pants (the pants you're talking about) are on sale on the nike.com website now for like $60 plus free shipping if you're a Nike.com member which is free. They have pant lengths as well. They are the best sub-55* pants I've ever worn and some of the more comfortable pants...period. I would have paid double what I got them for plus they came in 36" inseem.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

[quote name='somaplr' timestamp='1445435431' post='12486888']
[/quote]

Nike Weatherized Pants (the pants you're talking about) are on sale on the nike.com website now for like $60 plus free shipping if you're a Nike.com member which is free. They have pant lengths as well. They are the best sub-55* pants I've ever worn and some of the more comfortable pants...period. I would have paid double what I got them for plus they came in 36" inseem.
[/quote]

These are great pants - unfortunately, they only have midget lengths left, no 34 or 36 inseams are left in stock unless you want to by the weatherized 2.0 pants for $100.

[quote name='hdr_ric' timestamp='1445448858' post='12487790']
[/quote]

[/quote]

These are great pants - unfortunately, [b]they only have midget lengths left[/b], no 34 or 36 inseams are left in stock unless you want to by the weatherized 2.0 pants for $100.
[/quote]

we prefer vertically challenged...

[quote name='hdr_ric' timestamp='1445448858' post='12487790']
[/quote]

[/quote]

These are great pants - unfortunately, they only have midget lengths left, no 34 or 36 inseams are left in stock unless you want to by the weatherized 2.0 pants for $100.
[/quote]

Will check it out when I get back home, maybe I can still find something that'll work.

-Doc Todd

R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are these too warm for anything over 60*?

[quote name='th6252' timestamp='1445574777' post='12495360']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Are these too warm for anything over 60*?
[/quote]

I think so. Once you get into the sixties, they will definitely start feeling hot (and get sweaty/uncomfortable).

• 3 weeks later...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just wanted to say thanks to you and the others who chimed in regarding the Nike Weatherized pants. Grabbed a pair on sale on the Nike site. Ended up getting an additional 10% off for pointing out something obvious and that only benefitted me anyway(needed a size 34/30 in gray, but no 40" inseam option was listed, only 34/40 which doesn't exist so got a discount for pointing out the typo...kudos to Nike!

Wore them for a round for the first time today(although it wasn't really that cold...high of 54*), and man, they feel like I'm wearing pajamas. Also didn't feel a hint of chilliness(is that a word?). These are easily the comfiest golf pants I've ever worn...period, and they move so well with your body.

FYI, this coming from someone who tries to avoid anything Nike. These pants are that good...thanks again fellas.

[quote name='th6252' timestamp='1447028713' post='12571878']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Just wanted to say thanks to you and the others who chimed in regarding the Nike Weatherized pants. Grabbed a pair on sale on the Nike site. Ended up getting an additional 10% off for pointing out something obvious and that only benefitted me anyway(needed a size 34/30 in gray, but no 40" inseam option was listed, only 34/40 which doesn't exist so got a discount for pointing out the typo...kudos to Nike!

Wore them for a round for the first time today(although it wasn't really that cold...high of 54*), and man, they feel like I'm wearing pajamas. Also didn't feel a hint of chilliness(is that a word?). These are easily the comfiest golf pants I've ever worn...period, and they move so well with your body.

FYI, this coming from someone who tries to avoid anything Nike. These pants are that good...thanks again fellas.
[/quote]

Bought a pair as well. Really happy .

[/quote]

Cheaper alternative for pants? LL Bean/Eddie Bauer - fleece lined jeans. If not into jeans, you can find fleece lined khakis as well. The khakis were a real life saver when I was coaching hockey. Some arena benches are pretty damn cold.

• 1 month later...

Just went to UNIQLO site and found that the winter pants are $29/pair. That is an unbelievable price. I ordered two pairs to try and see.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

[quote name='gripandrip' timestamp='1447177981' post='12579742']
[/quote]

Cheaper alternative for pants? LL Bean/Eddie Bauer - fleece lined jeans. If not into jeans, you can find fleece lined khakis as well. The khakis were a real life saver when I was coaching hockey. Some arena benches are pretty damn cold.
[/quote]

The problem with that suggestion is that once cotton or denim gets wet, it stays wet and gets cold. Most of the performance pants from Nike and others are essentially water proof/resistant.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

My heat tech Uniqlo pants just arrived. I am impressed. They look very nice, feel good, and I like the stretchy aspect of them. I can't believe they are only $29; what a deal. I got 2 pairs. Looking forward to wearing them in a few weeks when I go to Arizona with my friends.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)

I feel like Uniqlo golf wear is kinda cheap. Are people happy with the quality and fabrics?

I got a pair for Christmas and hope to have tolerable weather in the next few weeks to get out and try them. My work schedule tends to give me longer days so I'm usually driving to work and back home from work in the dark. That leaves me little availability for golf, so something cheaper that may or may not have a super lifespan is okay for me. If I were to have a more golf-conducive schedule then I'd probably be more willing to fork over bigger cash for something that was more durable.

-Doc Todd

R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58

Redstorm thanks for the review. They're having a big sale right now so I picked up a few things and am really glad I did. Heatech pants look awesome, couldn't pass at $29. Great fit and feel, should be great for fall and spring . Baselayer stuff also is also nice. Can't comment on the durability but it's good quality.

Cobra F9
Cobra SZ 14.5*
Ping G400 19*
Mizuno MP 53 KBS Tour 4-PW
Ping Glide 2.0 50*
Cleveland RTX 3 54* 58*
Scotty Cameron Futura X5

I feel like Uniqlo golf wear is kinda cheap. Are people happy with the quality and fabrics?

I can't speak to the durability, but they look nice in person. For $29, I don't think you should expect the quality of a $150 pair of pants. I am fairly picky, and so far, I am impressed. I am going on a golf trip in 2 weeks, and can speak with a little more experience after that trip. They feel nice and look nice.

LEFT HANDED

• 2 months later...

Haven't checked this thread in a while since I didn't play too much over the winter than I planned for but don't forget that Uniqlo items for the summer are awesome as well. The Dry-Ex Polos and the Dry Stretch Active Shorts are awesome and for those who prefer pants in the summer, Dry Performance. Don't pay full price though, Uniqlo always has sales.