Anyone wear Bluetooth earbuds while playing/practicing?

I bought some JBL Yurbuds last week to try while I played and really enjoyed them. Unfortunately the Bluetooth would disconnect occasionally with my Iphone and the battery didn't make it the full 18. I'm considering spending the money for the Powerbeats or the Jaybird X2's. Anyone have reviews or what you're wearing that connects well to Iphone and lasts 5+hours.

Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='dan040286' timestamp='1446049326' post='12518580']
I bought some JBL Yurbuds last week to try while I played and really enjoyed them. Unfortunately the Bluetooth would disconnect occasionally with my Iphone and the battery didn't make it the full 18. I'm considering spending the money for the Powerbeats or the Jaybird X2's. Anyone have reviews or what you're wearing that connects well to Iphone and lasts 5+hours.

Thanks
[/quote]

following

I dont practice much any more but do walk 9 often, and if alone, i like having music going thru bluetooth earbuds. I can also take calls if I want thru the earbuds and control the music. I've had some fairly expensive ones and some cheap ones, and think most of the problem is with the bluetooth signal in general. it is affected by wind and small blockages, sometimes an overhead plane will even disrupt the signal. i wish there was a better way.

So, to that end, I have 2 sets of blue tooth earbuds that are 'SoundPeats' brand...They are kind of waterproof and the sound is actually quite good for 20 bucks. Lots of bass if you like that. Nothing like the wired Denon and Klipsch earbuds I have soundwise, but pretty darn good. Connectionwise they work as well as anything i;ve had. I think they make the same earbuds under different names. Amazon and others would have them I believe. Hope this helps.

I used to wear jaybird bluebuds x while hitting golf balls at the range to help focus on the shots and also to help with swing tempo

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

I use power beats on the range and I have some blue tooth puma speakers for on the course...I couldn't imagine practicing without my power beats anymore as I've used them for the last 18 months!

917 D3 8.5 Aerotech TI Fiber 70<br />Callaway GBB Epic Diaman whiteboard X<br />Titleist 818 H1 18 Atmos Black X<br />Titleist 718 AP3 4-GW AMT white<br />SM7 Raw Vokey 52F & 58K<br />Scotty Cameron Laguna

I used to wear my jaybird freedom sprint headphones on the range but I don't anymore. I like hearing the sounds of my shots for feel purposes (I feel like I can tell better audibly if I missed my shot). My headphones started messing with my feel so I stopped. That being said, if I am on the range next to a chatter box, I would rather listen to my music.
On the course, I will just turn on my phone or speaker so that I can play with music (only if my playing partners are ok with it as well).

Driver: PING G410 LST, Ping Tour 65X

3 Wood: PING G400, Project x EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5

3 Hybrid: PING G410, Ping Tour 85 X

Irons: Mizuno MP-5 (4-PW), Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: PING Glide (50SS, 54WS, 58ES), Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Ball: Taylormade TP5 (Pix or Yellow)

I use my bluetooth buds for everything including all my range sessions. By everything, I mean at least twice a day 5-6 days a week for working out/running/golf/hiking/ect.. I currently have them sync'd to my cell phone for pandora and my iPod nano for when I don't want to drain the cell.

I started with Powerbeats2 (absolutely horrendous, can't even start to explain how dissapointed I was)... moved onto Jaybird Bluebirds (everything was perfect except they just weren't loud enough for someone coming from wired buds on full blast)... I finally settled with Backbeat GO 2 headphones. Dirt cheap compared to the others and beat them in every category for me. Even come with a portable charging case. Only thing I would say the OP won't like is these do require charging every 3-4 hours (not 5). Hope that helps a little.

No . I hum .

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

I bought the Motorola ones about 5 years ago. They have been the best purchase ever. They hold on really well to my head/hat even throughout my swing. Range is decent (about 40 feet) Holds it's charge for about 6 hours and answers calls and you can talk easily. Plus it has really easy controls.

I'd HIGHLY suggest getting the Motorola ones over any others. I've seen them on amazon for about $50.

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

All the Time....during practice.

3 fold actually

1) Keeps the Wanna be driving range pros away..... so they dont feel the need to give me advice
2) Shuts out the fricken crazy college kids screaming and yelling at their 100 yard slices and snapped driver shafts
3) Its just down right relaxing with some Cannon in D while taking nice 100 yards shots all day everyday.

I have 3 different sets that I have if I forget to charge 1

I have the

JayBird Freedom Bluetooth headset,ultimate favorites, have the ear inserts and ear hooks so stay secure, I zip tie the excess cable so the excess doesnt swing all over the place.

Beats DS610B - When my ears cant take the in ear feeling and I want something over my ears instead of in my ears

and my back up in the car always charging

Beats HD505 head wrap

They all last between 3-4 hours wont last a full 18, but for a 2 hour range session more than enough!

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

I use bluebuds X while practicing. Love them. Last for at least 4 1 hour range sessions (haven't really tried to push them) and never lose connection on range, putting green, chipping green with phone in bag.

I'd be afraid to use them on the course. I only play public and courses are crowded. Never know when an errant ball is coming your way if you can't hear the fore

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1446056149' post='12519148']
At the range the earbuds is popular, but I haven't tried it yet. My buddy turned me on to playing music in the cart during rounds and at first I was a little thrown off, but now I really prefer it.
[/quote]

I had a buddy of mine turn me on to playing with music this year as well. Now, even when I am playing by myself, I will still put some music on. Just not a fan of headphones on the range...

Driver: PING G410 LST, Ping Tour 65X

3 Wood: PING G400, Project x EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5

3 Hybrid: PING G410, Ping Tour 85 X

Irons: Mizuno MP-5 (4-PW), Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: PING Glide (50SS, 54WS, 58ES), Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Ball: Taylormade TP5 (Pix or Yellow)

I have a pair of jaybird bluebuds which I highly reccomend. Never played a full round in them or anything. Mostly take them to the range and practice green. They supposedly have a 8 hour battery life but I have never listened to them that long.

I purchased the foam ear tips as well and love them compared to the standard tips.

Without any expectations I bought a pair of the Soundpeats Qy7's off Amazon and it may be the bang for the buck on ANYTHING I've bought the entire year. They're not Jaybirds but they are really good for their price point. They have a nice wide sound stage, plenty of base (for me) and respectable highs. The midrange has a little suck out but you can say that about a lot of high end book shelf speakers. To me they sound a lot like a Polk. Battery life at my listening volumes averages about 6 hours.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1009647-best-bang-for-the-buck-headphonesear-buds-for-golf-and-exercise/page__hl__%20headphones

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Do all of these Bluetooth earbuds have the receiver that has to be around your neck? I currently listen to music through my Bose earbuds that are wired and just run them through my shirt. They never die

915 D2 Adilia Rogue Silver X
915fd Adilia Rogue Black X
910h 19* Tour AD DI 8X
AP2 4-pw Project X PxI 6.5
Vokey wedges
Cameron TeI3

[quote name='castle24rd' timestamp='1446166686' post='12526470']
Do all of these Bluetooth earbuds have the receiver that has to be around your neck? I currently listen to music through my Bose earbuds that are wired and just run them through my shirt. They never die
[/quote]

Bluebuds X does but it also comes with wire management clip to make it neat

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[quote name='castle24rd' timestamp='1446166686' post='12526470']
[/quote]

This. I just put my earbuds in, drop my iPod down my shirt and into my back pocket. Volume and skip remote on the wire. No dropped audio, no loss of clarity, no batteries, and much cheaper.

For those who use them, is the appeal of bluetooth buds?

PING G30 Driver/3w/2h
PING i20 4-U
PING Tour W 56/60
Cameron Select 2.5
PING Hoofer

You are talking to a headphone junkie here!!!

After buying, trying and returning many Bluetooth headphones I ran into the same problems. One of them was range. I don't like swinging with my phone on me so a set of headphones that would have the range for me to swing with my cart or bag nearby were what I was looking for.

I was on groupon awhile ago and bought a cheap set of RevJams active sport Bluetooth 4.0 headphones. At first I only worked out in them. I use cheap headphones at the gym as I had a few monster beats that shorted out from sweat. Horrible CS IMO.

So I took them out on the course. The range is fantastic. I left them in a cart about 30 feet away and was able to tee off. I leave the phone in my bag and I am able to listen the whole time I carry.

One pro/con is that there isn't tremendous noise isolation. For me this is a good thing. This way if I'm playing with someone I can pause the music and be able to hear a conversation without having to pull out the headphones completely.

They also fit very well in the ear, barely move and they cost well under $50.

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1446219148' post='12528686']
You are talking to a headphone junkie here!!!

After buying, trying and returning many Bluetooth headphones I ran into the same problems. One of them was range. I don't like swinging with my phone on me so a set of headphones that would have the range for me to swing with my cart or bag nearby were what I was looking for.

I was on groupon awhile ago and bought a cheap set of RevJams active sport Bluetooth 4.0 headphones. At first I only worked out in them. I use cheap headphones at the gym as I had a few monster beats that shorted out from sweat. Horrible CS IMO.

So I took them out on the course. The range is fantastic. I left them in a cart about 30 feet away and was able to tee off. I leave the phone in my bag and I am able to listen the whole time I carry.

One pro/con is that there isn't tremendous noise isolation. For me this is a good thing. This way if I'm playing with someone I can pause the music and be able to hear a conversation without having to pull out the headphones completely.

They also fit very well in the ear, barely move and they cost well under $50.
[/quote]

wldchld22, I just ordered a pair of the RevJams on Amazon for $25. Looking forward to testing them out. I've been looking for a pair of Bluetooth headphones for a while. Thanks for the advice. Hopefully they work as well as you say they do.

Titleist TSi3 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Red 6S
TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S
TaylorMade UDI 2 iron - Tour Only Project X HZRDUS 105g 6.5
TaylorMade RSI 3 iron - KBS C Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4 iron - KBS C Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW - KBS C Taper X
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 54* SB - KBS C Taper S
TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi-Toe 58* - KBS C Taper S
Custom Cameron & Crown Mallet 1 or Futura 5W w/ custom flow neck
TaylorMade TP5x (2019 Version) 

[quote name='ph00ny' timestamp='1446057223' post='12519268']
I used to wear jaybird bluebuds x while hitting golf balls at the range to help focus on the shots and also to help with swing tempo
[/quote]

Same for me. Been using them for 2 years. Wouldn't trade them for the world.

WITB
Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0*

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 15* 

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 19* 

Ping i525 4-UW

Titleist Vokey SM8- 54* and 58*

Custom Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

Bluebuds X is on sale on Amazon for 90 bucks today