Irons: 4 - PW Callaway Apex MBs 2018 - DG TI 120 S400 +1"
    3 Cobra Iron Utility Black with KBS $120 Shaft +1"
    PW: Vokey 7M 46,52 (both F grind),60 (M grind) degree. SW: Ping I10
    Hybrid: Cobra F7
    Putter: TP Mills High Toe ONE or TP Mills Bull Elf
    Ball: Pro V or Bridgestone RSX
    Bag: 2018 Sun Mountain C-130
  • oneaugustaoneaugusta Members Posts: 3,004 ✭✭
    This is my newest Mills that will undoubtedly get some play this spring. The model is a Skinny Nellie made with the Swiss German SS. Not sure how it's different than the 304 David has used but the feel is incredibly soft.

The design is confident look with the wider blade, feel is really buttery and solid. I didn't intend on another Mills as the stable is quite full but I am celebrating the birth of my first grandchild "at least that's my excuse" hence the pink paint colors.

An added bonus is Davids new headcover design, comes with a cool key chain HC if you want to use it for that.

Titleist 917 D2 GOGO 5 6S
    TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
    Miura CB57's Nippon Modus 120
    Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125
    David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
    David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
    David Mills GS Ming V3 flow neck
    Byron Rincon DH89
  • EVandyEVandy Members Posts: 342 ✭✭
    oneaugusta wrote:
    This is my newest Mills that will undoubtedly get some play this spring. The model is a Skinny Nellie made with the Swiss German SS. Not sure how it's different than the 304 David has used but the feel is incredibly soft.

The design is confident look with the wider blade, feel is really buttery and solid. I didn't intend on another Mills as the stable is quite full but I am celebrating the birth of my first grandchild "at least that's my excuse" hence the pink paint colors.

An added bonus is Davids new headcover design, comes with a cool key chain HC if you want to use it for that.

what finish is that? And I love that headcover! I was just given a basic black one
    Titleist 917 D3 8.5*
    Titleist 915 F 16.5*
    Titleist 818 H2 19*
    Titleist 718 CB 4-P
    Vokey SM6 Raw 52*, 56*, 60*
    TP Mills Handmade Softtail
  • sm_wattssm_watts Members Posts: 633 ✭✭
    Ahhh, it looks like we've got ourselves a good ol' fashion Skinny Nellie-off:

Here's the one I recently got from David- it ended up being a GSS version. Funny that my headcover is even slightly different from oneaugusta's, but I agree that the keychain was a cool throw-in!

Taylormade M2 2016 10.5 w/UST ATTAS Elements, MK reg
    Taylormade M2 2017 HL 16.5 w/UST ATTAS Elements, DK reg
    TEE e8 22 & 25 hybrids/Recoil 460 F3
    Bridgestone J40 DPC's/Recoil 95 F3
    Snake Eyes 685BX 52*
    Hogan TK 57*
    TP Mills Sycamore...or Spaulding TPM VIII...or maybe the TP Mills Elite...or the TP Mills Softtail???
    But wait! It gets better...

So I was talking to David one day about shafts and I happened to tell him about some of my old Spalding TPM putters, especially my baby- an VIII that I restored the wood on the back and torched. So he says, "Ya know, that wasn't the first model that had wood included." And he proceeds to tell me about the "Elite" series, which prompted this thread: http://www.golfwrx.c...se-pics-inside/

So my box with the new Nellie shows up and guess what else is in the box??!!! That's right, he told me to replace the wood, send the head back to him for a professional re-finishing, and then he'd send it back to me so I could be the new, loving owner of this collector's piece! Some folks were nice enough to share some pictures of the Spalding version, but this is the only one I've seen stamped "TP Mills".

Snake Eyes 685BX 52*
    Hogan TK 57*
    TP Mills Sycamore...or Spaulding TPM VIII...or maybe the TP Mills Elite...or the TP Mills Softtail???
  • JunkerJorgeJunkerJorge Members Posts: 248 ✭✭
    sm_watts wrote:

Here's the one I recently got from David- it ended up being a GSS version. Funny that my headcover is even slightly different from oneaugusta's, but I agree that the keychain was a cool throw-in!

That's sweet! What is that finish?
    sm_watts wrote:

I think the one I have is the one you had made but had the wrong site-line. I hope you like yours as much as I do mine.

Finish is called torched Soft-blue
    Byron Rincon DH89
    edited Jan 1, 2018 #399
    oneaugusta wrote:

sm_watts wrote:

I think the one I have is the one you had made but had the wrong site-line. I hope you like yours as much as I do mine.

I figured as much image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Snake Eyes 685BX 52*
    Hogan TK 57*
  • EVandyEVandy Members Posts: 342 ✭✭
    edited Jan 7, 2018 #400
    Just heard a mention of tp mills on golf channel during the Sentry, anyone catch what was said?
    Titleist 917 D3 8.5*
    Titleist 915 F 16.5*
    Titleist 818 H2 19*
    Titleist 718 CB 4-P
    Vokey SM6 Raw 52*, 56*, 60*
    TP Mills Handmade Softtail
  • AKHx03AKHx03 Members Posts: 222
    After reading this thread I’m pretty excited about finding a Mizuno TPM 4 here locally. Hopefully I can pick it up this week.
    2017 TaylorMade M2 10.5° HZRDOUS Black 6.5 (set at 8.5°)
    Bridgestone J33 3W 15° Purple Ice 75FX
    Titleist 716 T-MB (3-4) Tour Issue X100
    JPX 900 Tour (5-PW) DG X100
    Vokey SM6 50° Steel Gray
    Vokey SM6 54° Steel Gray
    Vokey SM6 58° Steel Gray
    Evnroll ER2 34” 355g
  • toophewbirdiestoophewbirdies Members Posts: 1,113 ✭✭
    In the works TP#1 from David.

Stainless Steel with a flamed finish. Looking forward to it! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

• Rob McHughRob McHugh Rob ClubWRX Posts: 971 ClubWRX
    You just cannot go wrong with a classic blade like the #1. Great choice of finish and I love David's hand work on the flange, looking fwd to the in-hand pics. :-)

Rob
    One of my favorites, feel is unbelievable. Going with a bullet sole?
    Byron Rincon DH89
    oneaugusta wrote:

One of my favorites, feel is unbelievable. Going with a bullet sole?

November Oscar........... aka no. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    edited Jan 16, 2018 #406
    I just sent David some of the old school pencil shafts that I had been hanging onto, you guys should ask for them image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Hopefully I've got a soft tail coming up soon with one of them!
    Snake Eyes 685BX 52*
    Hogan TK 57*
    And here it is:

Wide-flange Softtail in original black ox finish, with the very elusive pencil shaft. How elusive, you ask? David was out of the older, softer style so I sent him several that I had stashed away and he used one building this putter! He's got three more, so better text him right away...

Snake Eyes 685BX 52*
    Hogan TK 57*
    sm_watts wrote:

And here it is:

Wide-flange Softtail in original black ox finish, with the very elusive pencil shaft. How elusive, you ask? David was out of the older, softer style so I sent him several that I had stashed away and he used one building this putter! He's got three more, so better text him right away..

A beauty!! Congrats!
    sm_watts wrote:

And here it is:

Wide-flange Softtail in original black ox finish, with the very elusive pencil shaft. How elusive, you ask? David was out of the older, softer style so I sent him several that I had stashed away and he used one building this putter! He's got three more, so better text him right away...

That is a lovely putter! Best of both worlds with a wide flange Softy - get out and sink some! :-)

Rob
  • Joe85Joe85 Members Posts: 3,834 ✭✭
    toddba11 wrote:

Naked Klassic and Bull Elf.......

What is that Bullseye looking putter? Is that a Mills?
    Titleist 983E 8.5*
    Sonartec SS03 14*
    Ping i3 17* Titleist 585h 21, 24*
    MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 5-PW
    Solus 51,56,61
    Seemore Si4
    WITB Link
  • toddba11toddba11 Moonlight Mile Members Posts: 574 ClubWRX
    Joe85 wrote:

toddba11 wrote:

Yes, a Bull Elf as labeled by David, COA included, gaming tomorrow.....
    In the Bag:
    Driver - Titleist 915 D2 - Tensei White CK Pro Mitsubishi Rayon 70S, 45"
    3 Wood: Callaway Epic 13.5 Rogue 75S
    Irons: 4 - PW Callaway Apex MBs 2018 - DG TI 120 S400 +1"
    3 Cobra Iron Utility Black with KBS $120 Shaft +1"
    PW: Vokey 7M 46,52 (both F grind),60 (M grind) degree. SW: Ping I10
    Hybrid: Cobra F7
    Putter: TP Mills High Toe ONE or TP Mills Bull Elf
    Ball: Pro V or Bridgestone RSX
    Bag: 2018 Sun Mountain C-130
    toddba11 wrote:

Joe85 wrote:

toddba11 wrote:

Yes, a Bull Elf as labeled by David, COA included, gaming tomorrow.....

How did you go? :-)

Rob
    Don't know if I posted this one, but is a special Ming of the Mills/Odyssey collaboration, that unfortunately never materialized. It's in David's "Blue Sapphire" finish.

My latest Mills addition is a #1 in Stainless Steel with a flamed finish.

David put a Midsize leather Mills grip on it and it came with an amazing White/ Black leather cover.

David put a Midsize leather Mills grip on it and it came with an amazing White/ Black leather cover.

Wow! love everything about it.
    Byron Rincon DH89
    oneaugusta wrote:

Wow! love everything about it.

Thank you Sir!
  • tobrien33tobrien33 Feel The Ern Members Posts: 192
    edited Feb 12, 2018 #417

Toophew,

I LOVE that One, and in the same vein I must post the putter that has begun a rapid descent into the TP Mills world for me. Just too similar to yours, it is a gorgeous Swiss German Stainless rendition of the classic shape, with my favorite face milling, the fantastic flamed finish and just overall detailing that blows me away! The pics don’t do it justice and it’s become my instant gamer. I have another new Mills up my sleeve for another new post soon as well, as a teaser image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

PS Don’t mind my ever so amateur photography skills. Also I can’t figure out how WRX rotates the photos when uploading. Bear with the n00b, the putter is still purrty.
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]2017 Bag[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Driver[/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]: Callaway 815 DBD 11*[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]3W[/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]: Callaway Big Bertha 15*[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]3H:[/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif] [/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]TM M2 20*[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]4H:[/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif] [/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Callaway Apex 24*[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Irons[/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]: Callaway Apex CF16 4/5-AW [/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Wedges[/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]: Titleist Copper Vokey 54/60*[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif] Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 64*[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Putter(s)[/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]: Byron Morgan 612 TCB (Tai Edition)[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif] [/font][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Byron Morgan DH89 Carbon Matte Blue Oil Long Pipe[/font]
    [font=Verdana, geneva, sans-serif] [/font][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Kari Lajosi DD201 TCB [/font]
    "tobrien33"

That's a great looking putter! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Roll it well. When I'm posting a pic, I email this to myself in a somewhat smaller size, open it on my desktop. Then open the pic and rotate it, even if this is not really needed.

After this the pic, always seems to be correct size up. Hope this helps.............
  • ClayJClayJ Members Posts: 93 ✭✭
    @toophewbirdies what is that center of gravity tool called? The closest thing i can think of is a plumb bob?
    WITB Varies daily:
    Cobra LTD
    Callaway GBB 3 wood
    Irons:
    2014 Taylormade Tour Preferred CB 4-pw
    Taylormade P790 3i bent to 18*
    Hand ground 58* wedge
    or
    Macgregor Muirfield 20th 2-PW
    or
    Titleist Tour Model
    or
    Cobra "Mac Cobras" 2-PW

Putters:
    Taylormade Tour Spider Red
    John Byron Dalehead 9 & 10.5
    Scotty Golo 7
    TP Mills Custom One
    Pre-Titleist Bullseye
  • tobrien33tobrien33 Feel The Ern Members Posts: 192

"tobrien33"

That's a great looking putter! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Roll it well. When I'm posting a pic, I email this to myself in a somewhat smaller size, open it on my desktop. Then open the pic and rotate it, even if this is not really needed.

After this the pic, always seems to be correct size up. Hope this helps.............

Thanks! Means a lot coming from a putter forum veteran like yourself image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

And thanks for the tips! I will give that a shot next time. I do usually use large size images which might be jamming it up.
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]2017 Bag[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Driver[/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]: Callaway 815 DBD 11*[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]3W[/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]: Callaway Big Bertha 15*[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]3H:[/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif] [/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]TM M2 20*[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]4H:[/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif] [/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Callaway Apex 24*[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Irons[/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]: Callaway Apex CF16 4/5-AW [/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Wedges[/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]: Titleist Copper Vokey 54/60*[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif] Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 64*[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Putter(s)[/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]: Byron Morgan 612 TCB (Tai Edition)[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif] [/font][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Byron Morgan DH89 Carbon Matte Blue Oil Long Pipe[/font]
    [font=Verdana, geneva, sans-serif] [/font][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Kari Lajosi DD201 TCB [/font]
    ClayJ wrote:

@toophewbirdies what is that center of gravity tool called? The closest thing i can think of is a plumb bob?

Someone else took that picture of the putter. So couldn't tell you. image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />