Qod electric golf trolley v Motocaddy M3

I need a compact electric golf trolley and there seem to be two main contenders Qod and Motocaddy but I cannot find any reviews of the Qod. Has anyone any experience of either.

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• joesgonegolfingjoesgonegolfing Older But Better Rockville, MDClubWRX Posts: 1,416 ✭✭
    Same boat as you. I can't find a single review on the QOD. May have to go with the Moto. QOD's Facebook page has a troll on it for single issue. But nothing else is positive.

Driver: Ping 9 G410 Plus EvenFlow Black 6.0 75g 
    Wood: Ping 14.5 G410 EvenFlow Black 6.0 85g 
    Hybrid: Ping G410 19 and 22 EvenFlow Black 6.0 95g 
    Irons: Ping iBlade 4-PW DGS120
    Wedges: Ping Stealth 50-56-60 DGS120
    Putter: SeeMore SB1 Long Putter 46 Inches
    Putter: Ping Vault Stealth Voss 2.0 32 Inches (Heavy Weights)
    Putter: Ping Custom Arm Lock Sigma 2 Tyne Stealth 
    Bag: 2019 Ping Hoofer
  • avguyavguy Replacement Player Sonoran Desert, AZMembers Posts: 1,060 ✭✭
    http://eaglecompact.com.au

Another one for you.....not nearly as many of those in the States use electric trolleys as over there in UK. I have used electric for nearly four seasons. But I just got a new Clicgear 3.5 push - and now wish I had never played around with electric - Not Needed with the ease of push and lightness of a Clicgear.

Anybody in the Phoenix Metro area as a Wrxer has 1st dibs on my still very good shape electric - the Clubrunner by Motorcaddie.

It is a local Wxers for $100 - paid new w/battery & charger $480 in 2012.
    BAG ONE:                                                                                                                     BAG TWO:
    D-Titleist 917 D2  or 910 D2                                                                                           D-Srixon Z355 
    3-TM RBZ ts                                                                                                                   3-TM R11ti
    H-Titleist 915 H1 17, Titleist 816  H1 21, Bridgestone Precept ECU 25                        H-TM 2.0 SF 18 & 21, Cobra AC 25
    I - TM M5 5-PW Modus 105S                                                                                        I - TM P790 5-PW KBS CTLS
    W- Mizuno 52, Vokey SM6 58                                                                                       W- Mizuno 53, & 58
    P-Bellum Winmore Midi  787                                                                                         P-Guerin TS Black 370

• EdinburghgolferEdinburghgolfer Members Posts: 456 ✭✭
    I have had my Motocaddy M1 which is essentially the M3 with a few less features for about two years. I haven't had any trouble with it in that time. I have the 36 hole lithium battery model. I can't comment on the QOD but you won't go wrong with the Motocaddy.

It folds down quickly and easily. Takes up much less trunk space than similar electric trolleys. It has an easy to read screen telling you the time, distance travelled, battery life remaining etc.

Would highly recommend.
    Callaway Rogue w/ AD IZ 
    Cobra F8 3w w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Orange
    Callaway Rogue 5w w/ Oban Isawa Red
    Titleist 818 H1 hybrid w/ Oban Isawa Red
    Srixon z765 5-pw w/ Steelfiber
    Vokey SM7 52F, 56F, 60K w/ Steelfiber
    PXG Darkness Gunboat
  • joesgonegolfingjoesgonegolfing Older But Better Rockville, MDClubWRX Posts: 1,416 ✭✭

I have had my Motocaddy M1 which is essentially the M3 with a few less features for about two years. I haven't had any trouble with it in that time. I have the 36 hole lithium battery model. I can't comment on the QOD but you won't go wrong with the Motocaddy.

It folds down quickly and easily. Takes up much less trunk space than similar electric trolleys. It has an easy to read screen telling you the time, distance travelled, battery life remaining etc.

Would highly recommend.

Thanks for the update. I'm leaning towards the M1, I can't find anybody who owns the QOD for a real review.
    avguy wrote:

[url="http://eaglecompact.com.au"]http://eaglecompact.com.au[/url]

Another one for you.....not nearly as many of those in the States use electric trolleys as over there in UK. I have used electric for nearly four seasons. But I just got a new Clicgear 3.5 push - and now wish I had never played around with electric - Not Needed with the ease of push and lightness of a Clicgear.

Anybody in the Phoenix Metro area as a Wrxer has 1st dibs on my still very good shape electric - the Clubrunner by Motorcaddie.

It is a local Wxers for $100 - paid new w/battery & charger $480 in 2012.

I'm not sure Eagle sells in the States. Push carts kill my shoulders and on a slow course with little roll (spongy fairways) I think they can be a labor to push around. I have them in the past. Thanks for the input, I'll check out Eagle.
  • ShutSteepStuckShutSteepStuck Grinding like Briny Baird The ValleyMembers Posts: 1,496 ✭✭
    Bump...any reviews on qod?

Can get one for a pretty significant discount but don't want to take the plunge without some input from others.
    g400max 9*- rogue 125 60tx
    m2 tour 15.8* - ad gp-8x
    m2 tour 19.8* - diamana s 83x
    4-gw ap1 712 - s300's
    mp-t10 56.10 - s300
    tvd 60m - ti s400
    piretti potenza ii 365g 34"
  • gunmetalgunmetal Members Posts: 1,830 ✭✭

Can get one for a pretty significant discount but don't want to take the plunge without some input from others.

I may pull the trigger and check it out. Even though it seems like it would tip, I guess it handles the hills fine and my club has plenty of steep hills. I'll let you know what if I get it what I think.
  • gunmetalgunmetal Members Posts: 1,830 ✭✭

I did end up pulling the trigger and here are my thoughts after about 20 rounds with it.

It's pretty good. The build quality could be better. It's spine is rickety and not very sturdy and using a stand bag on it is not a great idea (Ping Traverse does way better). I don't want to say that it feels cheaply manufactured, but it really sort of does. I have to babysit it very much on my home course because it's such hilly course and even on flat surfaces that may have slight bumps (think thick rough) it has tipped completely over before when I send it away for a 10 or 20 second burst. On other courses that I play that are relatively flat, it does a great job. It folds up nice and compact, though does require occasional WD40. I've only ever done 27 holes in a day without charging so that's never been an issue. The scorecard accessory is kind of useless. It falls off easily and isn't easily accessible because of its proximity to the clubs. The umbrella accessory is useless if there's wind as balance and stability aren't the qods' strength.

Bottom line is if I stay a member at my club (plan to), I'll probably pick up something else that handles hills better. If I were to golf at our city courses, the qod would be absolutely fine most of the time. The US rep who sold it to me reached out to me after about a month to check in on me. Thought that was cool.

Hope that helps.