GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE.

How does Cobra measure their irons?

2»

Comments

• World'sGreatestHackerWorld'sGreatestHacker Members  255WRX Points: 62Posts: 255 Greens
    Same issue here. All came 1/4 inch short of what I wanted. Oh well. Reshafting anyway.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers  4188WRX Points: 255Handicap: 10.5Posts: 4,188 Titanium Tees

Is this still an issue?

I just got some King OS hybrids. The 4/5h is listed at 39.75”. With the stock grip it measured 39 5/8”.

If I remove the grip and measure to the end of the shaft like most oems to it’s 39.5” so .25” short of spec.

With a GP Align grip it’s 39.75”.

Posted:

Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 

Callaway Epic Flash 7w

Exotics Xrail  4h | 5h

Cobra  T-Rail 6-SW

Cleveland CBX 60* 

Callaway Sure Out 64*

Exotics Wingman 01

Titleist ProV1x Yellow

Handicap: 9.2

• ebkebk Old and Broken Down Members  1213WRX Points: 97Posts: 1,213 Platinum Tees

Actually, they got a new formula fromBryson. It involves multivariate equations, advanced trigonometry, calculus and it takes an hour to measure each set.

Posted:
  • phatchrisrulesphatchrisrules Southern Ontario, CanadaUnregistered  2130WRX Points: 394Handicap: 6.5Posts: 2,130 Platinum Tees

On -, @erock9174 said:

Is this still an issue?

I just got some King OS hybrids. The 4/5h is listed at 39.75”. With the stock grip it measured 39 5/8”.

If I remove the grip and measure to the end of the shaft like most oems to it’s 39.5” so .25” short of spec.

With a GP Align grip it’s 39.75”.

I think you nailed it, it's the grips. The Cobra Connect grips have shorter butt caps comparatively to other OEMs. However, every OEM measures length differently. Some account for grip cap, some don't. Some measure with the top arrow, some don't. Some cut then bend, others bend then cut. All of this can influence the length of the finished product around 0.25" of an inch.

Posted:

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757
    Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85
    Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL
    Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold
    Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold
    Scotty Cameron Teryllium

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.