Golf socks

Comments

• YNWACYYNWACY Members Posts: 430 ✭✭
    Trusox, used them for football as they grip your foot and the inside of your shoe as they have rubber bits sown into them.
  • theironhorsetheironhorse Members Posts: 604
    stance are very good. historically owned about 10 pair each of kentwool and swiftwick, and the stance seem to be a very good blend of both. coming from a baseball background i was afraid stance would be super thick, but they aren't. good mix of breathability like swiftwick, but still plenty of cushion and soft feel like kentwool.

just walked a round here in 85* weather (90% humidity and a dew point north of 70*) and they worked well.

will definitely add more to the collection.
  • JimGantzJimGantz Members Posts: 118 ✭✭
    I usually wear black ankle socks. I like Bombas a lot. I also have some Oakley socks that I found at a local TJ Maxx.
    Mizuno ST190 / Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
    Taylormade M4 3W / Atmos Red
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2i / HZRDUS Black
    Mizuno JPX 900T 4-9 / KBS C Taper S
    47* Cobra Tour Trusty / KBS 610 S
    53* Cobra King V Grind / KBS 610 S
    59* Cobra King C Grind / KBS 610 S
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport
    Taylormade TP5
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,564 ClubWRX
    stance socks are great!
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,564 ClubWRX
    any stance golf coupon codes?
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,667 ✭✭
    I just ordered 4 pairs of Bombas.... I got 20 % off and it's still the most I have ever paid for socks..... I hope they are worth it
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • AugsterAugster Members Posts: 4,196 ✭✭
    Puma no shows from Costco. Last forever, don’t slip, and moisture wick.
  • TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,667 ✭✭
    I received my order from Bombas today and my 1st impression is I spent $ 40 bucks for 4 pairs of socks that appear to be very similar to what I already own for 25% of the cost. I get they donate a pair for every pair purchased so I guess that's a good thing .
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • NaptimeNaptime Members Posts: 609 ✭✭
    Ankle length running or hiking socks. Didn't realize there were actual golf socks. Matching the special golf underwear?
  • MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 3,938 ✭✭
    Bought some Kentwool beginning of season and they are nice but i prefer my Balega hidden comfort more than anything.
    Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5*
    Irons: Ping I-20 4-W
    Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue Mid 16*, 19*
    Wedges: Scratch 8620 53*, 58*
    Putter: SeeMore mFGP
    Bag: SM Four5 / Ball: Srixon ZStar XV
  • Tom034Tom034 Members Posts: 45
    gatorMD wrote:

stance socks are great!

Same here! Stance socks by far the best socks to play in
  • jwhite86jwhite86 ClubWRX Posts: 471 ClubWRX
    gatorMD wrote:

any stance golf coupon codes?

Or just check your local TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross etc... I've probably got 20+ pairs of their golf socks and another 50+ pairs of their other stuff
    WITB
    Driver: TS3 9.5 - 757
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    5 Wood: 909 F2 18.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: 816 H1 21 & 25 - Blueboard
    Irons 6-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Mil-Spec

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/
  • highscoreinkyhighscoreinky Members Posts: 365 ✭✭
    Used to wear Dry Max as I preferred them over Kentwool and Swiftwick. Now I wear Bombas and love them.
  • ik ben grootik ben groot Members Posts: 50
    Go to Ross and get a pair of Stance for $5.99. Best brand imo
  • payerasjlpayerasjl Members Posts: 728 ✭✭
    unless you are walking, stick to regular cheap traditional socks. If you walk, i would suggest Kentwool. Pricey, but they last forever.
    CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying
  • DonW468DonW468 Members Posts: 17
    Airamann wrote:

What kinds of socks do you guys wear or recommend?

I am comfortable wearing nike's mid socks. Feels very comfortable matched with breathable shoes.
    Tee It Up on the Wild Side..
  • mankumanku Members Posts: 706 ✭✭
    I wear Thorlo socks for pretty much everything...been doing since they started selling them in my HS store in 1982. Occasionally Amazon will have a half price sale.
  • sos7sos7 Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    Smart wool low cut . I found kentwools shrink and wear out. Smartwool last longer
  • creeksidegolfcreeksidegolf ClubWRX Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Gotta go with the FJ Prodrys myself.
  • th6252th6252 Members Posts: 1,142 ✭✭
    Can anyone here compare the Stance golf socks to Balega hidden comfort? Got the hidden comforts based on feedback here and they are by far my favorite socks to date(also tried Bombas and wasn't really impressed). With all the talk of Stance, I am intrigued.

FWIW, what I love about the hidden comfort is how soft and cushy they feel without having too much bulk. They also seem to be holding up through several months of washings so far.
  • TBD203TBD203 Members Posts: 496 ✭✭
    I'm a big fan of swiftwick compression socks.
  • groachgroach Members Posts: 199 ✭✭
    th6252 wrote:

Can anyone here compare the Stance golf socks to Balega hidden comfort? Got the hidden comforts based on feedback here and they are by far my favorite socks to date(also tried Bombas and wasn't really impressed). With all the talk of Stance, I am intrigued.

FWIW, what I love about the hidden comfort is how soft and cushy they feel without having too much bulk. They also seem to be holding up through several months of washings so far.

I much preferred the Stance sock over the Balega. In fact, I donated the Balega pair I bought. Bombas look like Balega's so I'm not even going to bother. I just picked up a couple more pairs of both Stance and Kentwools. I've also got some Swiftwicks I wear with regular shoes. Too thin for me on the course, I like more cushion.
    DR: Rogue Sub Zero - Fuji Pro X
    3W: Rogue Sub Zero - Fuji Pro X
    3H: Titleist 816 H2 - Speeder X
    Irons (4-P): Mizuno MP-18 SC - C-Taper X
    Wedges (52,58): Mizuno T7 - C-Taper X
    Putter: Spider X
    Ball: Chrome Soft Truvis
    Glove: Titleist Players
    Shoes: Nike Air Max 1
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    th6252 wrote:

Stance socks are great. I have quite a few pairs, everything from casual socks to basketball. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • soregongolfersoregongolfer Members Posts: 1,296 ✭✭
    Since I switched to Balegas, I won't wear anything else. Their moisture wicking is nothing short of amazing. The only drawback is that the blister resistant socks I wear are thicker so they create issues with golf shoes that are a little tight.
  • th6252th6252 Members Posts: 1,142 ✭✭
    OK you bastages, picked up a few pairs of Stance golf socks. These things better be legit you fargin iceholes.
  • shoot4parshoot4par Life's A Course 412ClubWRX Posts: 142 ClubWRX
    edited Nov 17, 2018 #178
    Cold Weather- Darn Tough hiking socks are great. Really Cold Weather- Darn tough Ski socks. All other weather- I've had the same pairs of AE low cut socks for 6 years and I wouldn't recommend. I'm cheap. (Crappy compression but I have tough feet) (They are comfy (kind of) and relatively durable.) Stance are cool and I think I'm gonna try bombas.
    Jones did it with corn whiskey. Hogan with cigarettes & Tiger with will.
    If you were wondering the secrets in the dirt.

WITB
    Driver: Callaway XR Pro 9* (N/S) Oban Kiyoshi Black 65g 04 (Iomic White .60)
    Callaway Epic Subzero 9* (N/S) (TC) Kiyoshi White 65g 04 Kiyoshi White  (Iomic White .60)
    Fairway Wood: Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro Limited 16.5* Kiyoshi White 75g 04 (Iomic White .60)
    Hybrid: CB Pro U 19* Kuro Kage 90s. (Iomic White .60)
    Irons: Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-PW KBS TOUR 120s Black standard loft / standard lie (Iomic White .60)
    Wedges: Vokey Wedgeworks 52*, 56*, 60* Soon to have KBS Matte Black 120s (Iomic White .60)
    Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9

WITB
  • beaneybeaney Members Posts: 227 ✭✭
    Nike Dri-fit. Absolutely wonderful. I previously had a few problems with blisters, and changed shoes a few times thinking they were the problem, but these socks solved everything!
    Taylormade M2 2017
    Mizuno MX700 3W
    Titleist 909h 19*
    Srixon U65 23*
    Srixon Z765 5-PW
    Cleveland 588 RTXcb 50, 56, 60
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m
  • Ray JacksonRay Jackson Members Posts: 1,083 ✭✭
    sheppy335 wrote:

Adidas Clima Cool socks, they are great on your feet, keeps them dry and fit like a glove.

Same here, but also just bought some of the new Strideline lows for gym and golfing, super comfortable, come in left and right and white and black
  • moodogg98moodogg98 Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    I’m of the opinion that unless you’re golfing in cold climate (in which case thumbs up for smartwool), any old socks will do fine.