Which Accessories Identify You As A Hacker?

EmperorPenguinEmperorPenguin Members Posts: 1,127 ✭✭
We see them all the time. There are particular accessories that low-handicappers would never use, and that if you have them you are likely a hacker. These are the accessories that first come to mind.

plastic golf tubes

large plastic iron head covers

two gloves

stroke counter

Any others?

Comments

• VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,222 ✭✭
    Ball retriever tool
  • LansingMILansingMI Lansing, MIMembers Posts: 986 ✭✭
    Gimmicky golf tees

(Im a fan of Martini tees....but)
    R9 460 10.5 L flex 46"

COBRA Baffler XL 17* FW
    COBRA Baffler XL 22* 25* 28* hybrids
    Hand ground Bazooka QLS 7-PW

Component Wedges 50* 54* 60* 63*
    (hand grinds) torched 

Heavy Putter B2m 38" Ust FF shaft
    Rife Switchback XL (custom long neck) 34" UST FF 
  • LansingMILansingMI Lansing, MIMembers Posts: 986 ✭✭
    gonna add golf bags with beer logos on them
    R9 460 10.5 L flex 46"

COBRA Baffler XL 17* FW
    COBRA Baffler XL 22* 25* 28* hybrids
    Hand ground Bazooka QLS 7-PW

Component Wedges 50* 54* 60* 63*
    (hand grinds) torched 

Heavy Putter B2m 38" Ust FF shaft
    Rife Switchback XL (custom long neck) 34" UST FF 
  • Boricua GolfBoricua Golf Members Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    edited Jan 6, 2016 #5
    Who knows, some guys come to the course looking like a tour player with the equipment to match and "THEN" they take the first swing "FORE!!!!", and then you have the other side of the coin, guys come in very humble and not too spectacularly dressed with older equipment then go out and shoot 70, so I never tend to speculate on anyone, I know some guys are very opinionated about others and then they get surprised..
    Ping G LS Tec 10.5*, Ping Tour 65X, tipped 1", 44.25"
    Ping G 14.5*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
    Ping G 19*, GD Tour AD-DI 105X
    Ping iBlade 4-P, Project X 6.5 Flighted
    Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Project X 6.5 Flighted
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5 33.25" with Scotty Custom Black Pistolero grip, Ping Karsten TR Zing Tour 32.75", built up blacked out Pingman Grip
    Bridgestone Tour XS (Tiger Edition) and new Pro V1
  • apprenti23apprenti23 ClubWRX Posts: 3,885
    Definitely iron covers and ball retrievers! Those are 1A and 1B.
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,718 ClubWRX
    edited May 17, 2017 #7
    apprenti23 wrote:

Happy Friggin New Years Bro 😂 😂😂

All the Best,

RP
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • fore_lifefore_life Swung too hard, hit it too pure. Members Posts: 10,371 ✭✭
    Towel hanging from belt loop
    Ping G400 LST Ust Attas Earth 9f5
    M4 15* with bimatrix rocket X
    Titleist 21* H2 evenflow blue 6.5
    718 tmb 4 iron
    718 cb 5-pw amt x100 tour
    Vokeys
    Cleveland TA milled 1i

Various other putters currently in the closet,
    thinking about what they've done wrong,
    and how they've hurt me so.
  • apprenti23apprenti23 ClubWRX Posts: 3,885
    Hahaha you too Richard! Nice covers!
  • YosefYosef Members Posts: 986 ✭✭
    sandals with golf spikes on them
    Titleist TS3 8.5 -- Project X HZRDUS T1100 6.5
    RBZ 14.5 -- Aldila Rip 8x
    MP Fil Hi 18 -- X100
    MP 64s 4-PW -- Modus 3 120TX
    Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 60M -- Modus 125
    Evnroll ER8
  • Boricua GolfBoricua Golf Members Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    edited Jan 6, 2016 #11

apprenti23 wrote:

Happy Friggin New Years Bro, lmao

All the Best,

RP

Rich, I have headcovers on "ALL" my clubs as well...lol, I guess I am a hack!!!!!!
    Ping G LS Tec 10.5*, Ping Tour 65X, tipped 1", 44.25"
    Ping G 14.5*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
    Ping G 19*, GD Tour AD-DI 105X
    Ping iBlade 4-P, Project X 6.5 Flighted
    Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Project X 6.5 Flighted
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5 33.25" with Scotty Custom Black Pistolero grip, Ping Karsten TR Zing Tour 32.75", built up blacked out Pingman Grip
    Bridgestone Tour XS (Tiger Edition) and new Pro V1
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,718 ClubWRX
    fore_life wrote:

Towel hanging from belt loop
    Whaaaaaaat????

Is this a regional thing?

I made it my mission to rip the towels that TE's and backs used to tape to their waist and this one TE from Mich St had what I took to be his GF(Monica, LMAO) in black magic marker on a green hand towel and I finally tore it off and they were on our 22yd line and driving and he went ape s*** and drew a personal foul(15yds) and it moved em back, stalled the drive and they ended up missing a 47yd FG and we won by 3, lmao

I've never been a fan of towels on the waist or belt loop, lol

An in the case of the towel on the belt loop individual, well, the first individual who spots said offender and calls it, get a free running shot and unlike the NFL, "hook" tackles are legal. I'm tellin ya, contact golf may have a place in the grand scheme of things, lol

A towel on a belt loop?

WTF, LMAO?!?!?

Happy New Year Bro image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend,

RP
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • robrey85robrey85 Gamblers Bonus Las VegasMembers Posts: 2,148 ✭✭
    Hahah, classic. If I didn't have dividers already in my golf bag, I'll admit that I would probably use those plastic tubes to separate my clubs. image/blush2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blush2:' />
    wrx_sig.png?dl=0
  • 2bGood2bGood Members Posts: 5,092 ✭✭
    The sunglasses that help you find your balls and of course my favourite- you use range balls out on the course!

I have to admit to slipping 'nice' range balls in my pocket when I first started golf and then using them to practice out on the course. It was not that bad as the place I practiced at was a range and an executive size course and there was lots of range balls on the course already.
    edited Jan 6, 2016 #15
    Ok, first, Madison took me to the local RW&Blue(think a nicer Goodwill) and let me just say that I came directly from the hospital and was higher than a kite....

This is the longest friggin ball retriever I've ever seen and I'm not kidding, it had to be 20-25', which, if ya think about it, whether ya go 25' out and down, or just 25' down, what are the odds of scoopin a ball with that at full extension?

Ok, Maddie said that I gave it wayyyyyy too much thought but for $2.99, I thought it was a steal, lol

The KISS hat was for MadGolfer but Maddie said that I was walkin home if I didn't put it back-

Women image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Ya gotta believe me, I didn't used to be this effed up image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Fairways & Greens My Friends,

RP
  • bruinsPATSirishbruinsPATSirish Golf is hard. Members Posts: 6,429 ✭✭
    These are the rules but there are obviously always exceptions to the rules

1. Ball Retriever

2. Towel hanging out of pocket/belt

3. TV infomercial gear (the Hammer, Warrior clubs, Kick X balls...)
    bruinsPATSirish WITB!
    Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
    Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
    Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
    TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
    Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
    Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole
    Hey Boogie, Happy New Year Bro image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Best wishes to You and the Family and I hope that you and the Youngsters have a Great Season!!

Always,

RP
  • ShilgyShilgy PhoenixMembers Posts: 11,679 ✭✭
    Towel hanging from pocket and belt. Glove on from the time they leave the car in the parking lot.
    WITB
    Tools for the job!

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened . :)

Game is recovering from total ankle replacement. Getting there and glad to be pain free!
  • IH823PUTTIH823PUTT Members Posts: 677 ✭✭
    Those golf score counting beads which dangle from ones belt or bag!
    WITB:
    Cobra F9 8* w/ TBD
    Titleist F3.05 w/ Pro95, X
    Fourteen Proto 2i w/ DG X100
    Mizuno MP-18 FLI-HI 3 W/ Nippon Modus 125, X
    Mizuno MP-18 SC 4-6, MP-18 MB 7-PW
    Don White Custom 52* & 58* w/ DG AMT T.I., S400
    Bettinardi BB34 Tour Stock w/ Tungsten Weights

WITB Link
    IH823PUTT wrote:

Those golf score counting beads which dangle from ones belt or bag!
    LMAO, Bro, our Pro bought two of those and they were rather nice as the beads were leather but they sat unsold for the season and he included one each in an event gift package and when the attendants were cleaning out the locker room garbage cans, someone had thrown theirs away, lol-

I've got to say, I've never seen someone using one of those, lol

They would be right behind the ball retriever and I guess now the towel on the belt loop, haha

All the Best,

RP
  • mlien1105mlien1105 Members Posts: 158 ✭✭
    a bad swing
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ Mitsubishi Diamana DF 60TX
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15 degree Gaphite Design AD-TP 80X
    Titleist 718 T-mb 3 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD-Di 95X
    Titleist 718 T-mb 4 iron Dynamic Gold X100
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-P Dynamic Gold X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50.08F, 54.14F, 58.12D
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5w
  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 8,957 ClubWRX
    edited Jan 6, 2016 #22
    Ball picker that attaches to end of a Putter
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 19,963 ✭✭

Ok, first, Madison took me to the local RW&Blue(think a nicer Goodwill) and let me just say that I came directly from the hospital and was higher than a kite....

This is the longest friggin ball retriever I've ever seen and I'm not kidding, it had to be 20-25', which, if ya think about it, whether ya go 25' out and down, or just 25' down, what are the odds of scoopin a ball with that at full extension?

Ok, Maddie said that I gave it wayyyyyy too much thought but for $2.99, I thought it was a steal, lol

The KISS hat was for MadGolfer but Maddie said that I was walkin home if I didn't put it back-

Ya gotta believe me, I didn't used to be this effed up image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

RP

Awesome hat! I have a Gene Simmons driver headcover, but would be totally out of character for me to take out on the course. Seems like it only fits 400 cc heads, for some reason. Simmons must be a gamer...
    Taylormade M1 @ 8.75/Kuro Kage Silver 60x
    ?
    ?
    Mizuno JPX 900 HM 4-Gw/Project X 6.0
    Mizuno JPX 900 55, 60/Dynamic Gold s400
    PING Sigma G Tyne
    Taylormade Tp5x
  • KING246KING246 Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    A full bag of taylormade clubs..lol
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 19,963 ✭✭
    KING246 wrote:

A full bag of taylormade clubs..lol

image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />

So true...
    Taylormade M1 @ 8.75/Kuro Kage Silver 60x
    ?
    ?
    Mizuno JPX 900 HM 4-Gw/Project X 6.0
    Mizuno JPX 900 55, 60/Dynamic Gold s400
    PING Sigma G Tyne
    Taylormade Tp5x
  • GLF4EVRGLF4EVR Members Posts: 797 ✭✭
    edited Jan 6, 2016 #26
    Real glad of where I live & play because we aren't judged like this.

I have a 24' ball retriever that has an orange cage that can hold 2 golf balls. Can't think of the manufacuer.

An old Ogio bag with the woddy system. The lining ripped out 3-4 years ago so I placed tubes in it---works better that the original set-up.

Have covers on every club in my bag.

Local course the only dress code is that you wear clothes.

At the end of the season I got down to a 7 handicap.
  • devey07devey07 Members Posts: 991 ✭✭
    Using the marker on the golf glove to mark your ball ... Big giveaway
  • MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 3,999 ✭✭
    edited Jan 6, 2016 #28
    A chipper

pure-spin wedges

zebra putter

persimmon woods (the player is under 35 years old)
    Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5*
    Irons: Ping I-20 4-W
    Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue Mid 16*, 19*
    Wedges: Scratch 8620 53*, 58*
    Putter: SeeMore mFGP
    Bag: SM Four5 / Ball: Srixon ZStar XV
    edited Jan 6, 2016 #29

RP

Awesome hat! I have a Gene Simmons driver headcover, but would be totally out of character for me to take out on the course. Seems like it only fits 400 cc heads, for some reason. Simmons must be a gamer...
    Bro, I think the Genester is like Arnie in that he'll put his name on anything as long as there is a remote chance of makin a buck, lol

I bet that's a wicked cover, lol

****, I'd rock it, lol

Go good with my iron covers and new über telescoping ball retriever-

I can't wait to show up to Play with Madison again, lmao

I've got these large plaid Sansabelt trow and a Munsingwear Penguin shirt, lol-

The Very Best to You and Yours!!

Always,

RP
  • dave williedave willie Members Posts: 804 ✭✭
    1. The Tiger wannabe's with all Nike gear

2. The Fowler wannabe's in their neon
    Titleist 917 D3 10.5 Diamana Ltd S+ Blue 70-S
    Cobra Bio Cell 3/4 wood PXv 6.0
    Cleveland Hi-Bore 19 hybrid
    Ping i210 4-PW AWT 2.0 R
    Cleveland 588 50*, 54* & 60*
    Cameron Mil-Spec 
  • DrudershDrudersh ClubWRX Posts: 2,950 ClubWRX
    edited Jan 8, 2016 #31
    So I'm down in Virginia playing with my wife's cousin at one of the DC area courses. The course is pretty crowded and we get paired with an Australian guy who is living in the area on a work assignment for a year. Well dressed, bag full of relatively new Ping clubs, very nice guy. Wife's cousin, who played #1 singles for UVA's Tennis team which was during his time there the #1 team in the nation, says to me "This guy looks like he will probably be a decent player". I took one look at him and said "I don't think so".

We get to the first tee and the Aussie puts one into the trees OB right and then tops one about 130 yards with the second try. Ends up picking up on the first hole after about 8 shots. Wife's cousin asks me how I knew, and I told him, "Brand new cheap golf shoes. No decent player is walking in bottom of the line shoes, and if they are they are beat to h*ll". He laughed and told me it was the exact same thing in tennis and he should've seen it himself.
    Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
    Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
    Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball