Which Accessories Identify You As A Hacker?

1293031323335»

Comments

• atomheartmotheratomheartmother Members Posts: 123
    hybrid25 wrote:

wezman wrote:

Wearing jeans while golfing is like wearing jeans while skiing. While they may do the job, there is no way someone can say they stand up to the proper equipment. If you aren't willing to invest in just one pair of proper golf pants, then you clearly don't care about the game that much.
    Sorry,but I disagree. Jeans in the colder off season is just fine. Although, I don't like them during the warmer months. Thin pants in Michigan's colder off season are uncomfortable.

Jeans just feel heavy and obstructive for any athletic activity. Try wearing thermal or compression pants under golf pants in colder weather. I stocked up on the 32 Degrees ones from Costco when they’d be frequently on sale for like $6.
  • atomheartmotheratomheartmother Members Posts: 123

I forgot to add that the putter clip comes with a plastic ball marker you can use to mark your ball, though likely you must run from the putting green to the golf cart to retrieve it.

I did see one hacker carrying his bag and he had his putter in the putter clip. It looked like the putter was about to fall out since the bag held at a diagonal and gravity rotated the clip downward.

I used one of those when I had a putter with one of the oversized Super Stroke grips (Slim 3.0, IIRC) and a bag without a proper putting well. The club would barely fit through the hole and was a giant pain to get in and out (and it wore the heck out of the grip). I’ve since gotten a different putter with a standard grip on it. So, bag in the bag like normal.
  • 976-Evil976-Evil Hacker Extraordinaire Members Posts: 154 ✭✭

Don't know if this has been brought up before but for some reason these talking hat clip rangefinder things just really bother me?!

reviewcap.jpg

I saw this on someone for the first time yesterday. He was around 60. A group of him and four other older guys saw me getting my clubs out and they all scrambled to get to the tee box before me.

Ole hat GPS guy forgot to strap his clubs in and when they took off the clubs went flying. I walked by and said "you didn't break any did ya?" and chuckled.
  • dave williedave willie Members Posts: 798 ✭✭
    976-Evil wrote:

Don't know if this has been brought up before but for some reason these talking hat clip rangefinder things just really bother me?!

reviewcap.jpg

I saw this on someone for the first time yesterday. He was around 60. A group of him and four other older guys saw me getting my clubs out and they all scrambled to get to the tee box before me.

Ole hat GPS guy forgot to strap his clubs in and when they took off the clubs went flying. I walked by and said "you didn't break any did ya?" and chuckled.

They could tell right away that you were a hack, so that's why they hurried to get in front of you.
    Titleist 917 D3 10.5 Diamana Ltd S+ Blue 70-S
    Cobra Bio Cell 3/4 wood PXv 6.0
    Cleveland Hi-Bore 19 hybrid
    Ping i210 4-PW AWT 2.0 R
    Cleveland 588 50*, 54* & 60*
    Cameron Mil-Spec & Del Mar 2 Tei
  • 976-Evil976-Evil Hacker Extraordinaire Members Posts: 154 ✭✭

976-Evil wrote:

reviewcap.jpg

They could tell right away that you were a hack, so that's why they hurried to get in front of you.

They did see me putting on my FTUO Scotty Cameron Nipple Clamp Stroke Counter, so you're probably right.
  • Dr.FrankenputzDr.Frankenputz Members Posts: 707 ✭✭
    Apologies if it’s been mentioned; been awhile since I read this whole thing.

1. Head cover on a ball retriever

2. Not having a towel at all.

3. Not having a ball marker or pitch tool. And I’m obviously ok with someone using a tee to repair pitch marks but I’m talking people don’t carry a tool & then won’t repair a mark the rare time they make one.
  • LondonerLondoner Members Posts: 1,167 ✭✭
    Findog88 wrote:
    Findog88 wrote:
    Carrying your golf bag like this. Also, wearing your glove from the car. 1376075877.jpg
    Every good player I’ve ever played with in my life that had a single strap bag carried it like this. When I was playing jr golf and just before the Izzo strap came out EVERYONE carried their bag like this. I would actually say the opposite of what you are saying. If you carry a single strap bag clubs forward you look more like a hack than if you carry it this way
    Carrying your golf bag like this. Also, wearing your glove from the car. 1376075877.jpg
    Every good player I’ve ever played with in my life that had a single strap bag carried it like this. When I was playing jr golf and just before the Izzo strap came out EVERYONE carried their bag like this. I would actually say the opposite of what you are saying. If you carry a single strap bag clubs forward you look more like a hack than if you carry it this way
    Dear god, you couldn’t be more wrong.
    Pretty sure every college player who ever carried a team jones bag carried it like this

Theyre just leaving the tee, within a few paces the base of the bag would be in their right hand and thèir left arm would be over the clubs heàds and holding the bag steady. If theyre not hackers.
    Mizuno mp h5. 4-W KBS tour stiff 2 iron modus 3 stiff.
    taylormade m2 Driver + hl 3 wood
    ping anser
    Titleist sm6 50 +54
    Cleveland 60
  • King_SlenderKing_Slender Members Posts: 1,451 ✭✭
    Wearing your glove while you putt

on a 2 footer?
    ping anser
    Titleist sm6 50 +54
    Cleveland 60
  • EmperorPenguinEmperorPenguin Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭

With the exception of Mr. Nicklaus, of course.
  • EmperorPenguinEmperorPenguin Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭
    I think I may have posted something like this before, but there is no way a good golfer would want to have this on his bag. An accessory to organize your other accessories!

211a002.jpg
  • GuiaGuia Members Posts: 8,693 ✭✭
  • Bonneville85308Bonneville85308 Members Posts: 1,639 ✭✭

I think I may have posted something like this before, but there is no way a good golfer would want to have this on his bag. An accessory to organize your other accessories!

But where else would I put my Motorola Startac phone while playing?

211a002.jpg

Dont these people know you can buy bags with pockets?
    ping anser
    Titleist sm6 50 +54
    Cleveland 60
  • TMfan54TMfan54 Members Posts: 2,245 ✭✭
    ^ that’s the type of Christmas gift a non golfers gets a golfer. The worst
    M2 9.5* HRZDUS Yellow
    Tour Edge Exotics 15* E8 Beta Alidila Rogue
    Titleist T-MB 2 iron HRZDUS Black
    Miura 4-PW raw Tournament Blades KBS black nickel
    Miura 52 & 56* K grind DG TI
    Vokey SM6 62*
    TM Spyder X
  • shotmarkshotmark Members Posts: 840 ✭✭
    Dpavs wrote:

Which accessory is used to look at other players equipment and clothing and judge them by it? ... because that is the one I'd pick to single out. Just poking fun of course but honestly you cannot or at least should not ever judge someone by the stuff they dress in or use on the course. The guy with the martini glass tees and ancient golf shoes might be a +3 and drive a lambo for all we know.

Its a fair bet he isn't and doesn't though!
  • BenflickyBenflicky Members Posts: 145 ✭✭
    Ball retriever

Oh and martini tees
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz Members Posts: 5,608 ✭✭
    Benflicky wrote:

Ball retriever

Oh and martini tees

I’ve played with a bunch of + caps recently using those tees
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
  • rgk5rgk5 rgk5(OLB) Members Posts: 3,573 ✭✭
    A hacker takes his clubs out of the car and carrys his bag with the rain cover on regardless of the weather. He then removes all his headcovers so that the woods will clang on each other when the cart hits a bump. His hat will feature a club or manufacturer that disappeared a decade ago, e.g. R7, G2, HiBore.
    Cobra F8+, 10.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
    Cobra F8 3-4 wood 15.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F3

Ping G400 hybrids 19*, 22*, Alta 70 R

Ping G 5-GW, CFS 70 graphite R
    Ping Glide 1.0 55*, CFS Wedge flex

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 58*, Alta 70 R

Ping Zing 2 TR 34", Flatso 1.0 grip
  • jslane57jslane57 Members Posts: 3,929 ✭✭
    Two wheeled pull carts...
  • TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,665 ✭✭
    I didn't read all 35 pages but Ball Retriever has to be the # 1 response.
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • JoelsimJoelsim Members Posts: 798 ✭✭
    A ball towel to hang off your trouser belt loop to clean your club after a practice swing?
    Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Regular Alta CB 44.5”
    TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver 13.5 Regular Diamana F Ltd
    Titleist 818 H1 18 and 23 Hybrids Regular Tensei Blue
    Ping G400 4-UW Regular Alta (#4 at power spec loft)
    Ping G410 SW Regular Alta
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 64 S
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #3 2017
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #2 2019
    Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line
    Odyssey Exo 7s
    Cleveland Huntington Beach #10
  • golfheaven69golfheaven69 Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭
    Joelsim wrote:

A ball towel to hang off your trouser belt loop to clean your club after a practice swing?

Add a wire brush.
  • hybrid25hybrid25 michiganMembers Posts: 1,552 ✭✭
    swizbeatz wrote:

Benflicky wrote:

Ball retriever

Oh and martini tees

I’ve played with a bunch of + caps recently using those tees

funny, I use those tees, and lately, because it's been so hot and dry in my area, I just went out with my running shoes on. They have good tread to them but don't necessarily look like traditional golf shoes. Nonetheless, After they see me hit the ball they realize I can play the game, so no snide remarks are made.
  • Jack PearsallJack Pearsall Members Posts: 3,325 ✭✭
    He uses Pom Pom covers. Kinda hacky.

Only on range, he’ll use one of those brush tees. Hack.

Twice lately he used one of those magnetic

Ball mark holders on the hat. Worked well. It’s Pretty small but still a total hack action.

Use a garmin s2 golf watch on course. Crucial device.

—but is it hack?
    Taylormade SLDR TP 430 10*
    Taylormade Aeroburner 15*
    Taylormade SLDR 19*
    Mizuno MP FliHi 21* 24*
    Mizuno MP-15 5-PW
    Epon 210KGX 52* 56*
    Scotty Cameron TeI3 Newport Longneck
  • aknowaknow Members Posts: 96
    edited Sep 8, 2018 #1047
    I never would have ever thought of using iron covers until I bought a set of irons $350 per stick.
  • hybrid25hybrid25 michiganMembers Posts: 1,552 ✭✭

He uses Pom Pom covers. Kinda hacky.

Only on range, he’ll use one of those brush tees. Hack.

Twice lately he used one of those magnetic

Ball mark holders on the hat. Worked well. It’s Pretty small but still a total hack action.

Use a garmin s2 golf watch on course. Crucial device.

—but is it hack?

The question is, what is the definition of hack? My understanding is that it is someone who acts less professional then what is standard. Although, to me, a hack is someone thinking he is more upscale than what he really is. I guess when I read through a thread like this, I see a lot of people dissing others for the way they dress, items they may use, and so on as if it is beneath their level. I suppose someone could always be looked down upon by others above them until you get to be the top dog so to speak. Maybe there should be a thread started entitled 'confessions from the elite' , with those fit to reply in it confessing why they think they are better than others or better than they really are. What I gather in here is the majority of posters are not making a living off of golf, so consequently they can be looked down upon by those who are, resulting in them being hacks themselves. I will say this, there's nothing more enjoyable to me then teeing it up with my Martini tees, in my running shoes, with a magnetic ball marker attached to my hat, and whipping the **** out of some arrogant bluenose!
  • Jacked_LoftJacked_Loft Steps Ahead Members Posts: 487 ✭✭
    edited Sep 9, 2018 #1049
    jslane57 wrote:

Two wheeled pull carts...

I beg to differ...

tit.jpg 44.1K
    WIMB:

`16 M1 9.5 Fuji Evo TS 661
    `17 M1 3&5 Kuro Kage 70
    P790 3I Nippon 950
    P770 4-GW Nippon 950
    MG 56° LB KBS REV