Colorado WRX 2016

Comments

• pseudoswedepseudoswede Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    Saw Kennedy GC on the way home from Nickel-A-Play (the best video arcade in Denver, hands down) yesterday. I'm definitely missing golf--but skiing season is still on my mind.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping S56 3-PW (purple dot)
    Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (purple dot)
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
    Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)
    krsgolf wrote:

Hello everyone. Kind of new to the area. From Laramie, WY but have an apartment in Parker, CO and work in DTC Monday-Friday. Still maintain my membership up north as most of my golf is on the weekends and I'm the men's club president up there but would like to meet a few people down this way and maybe hit a few afternoon rounds during the season.

Welcome to our 'hood. If you want a quick 9 after work and beers, I highly recommend Family Sports Center just east of DTC. My current workplace is only 10 minutes away from there; unfortunately, my potential new job is just north of Coors Field.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
  • GripItAndSipItGripItAndSipIt Members Posts: 28
    You guys should come out and play in the Golfweek Amateur Tour this summer, schedule is pretty stacked this season, Bear Dance for the tour championship! Winners of each flight head out to Hilton Head, SC for a national championship. Best part is it's not stuffy, bunch of laid back guys and gals who like to golf and drink beer.

00404_fpw1YVU8Vr1_600x450.jpg
  • krsgolfkrsgolf To golf or not to golf...What a stupid question! ClubWRX Posts: 658 ClubWRX

krsgolf wrote:

Hello everyone. Kind of new to the area. From Laramie, WY but have an apartment in Parker, CO and work in DTC Monday-Friday. Still maintain my membership up north as most of my golf is on the weekends and I'm the men's club president up there but would like to meet a few people down this way and maybe hit a few afternoon rounds during the season.

Welcome to our 'hood. If you want a quick 9 after work and beers, I highly recommend Family Sports Center just east of DTC. My current workplace is only 10 minutes away from there; unfortunately, my potential new job is just north of Coors Field.

Thanks. I do hit the FSC from time to time but have only used their range facility to date. It's 5 minutes from my office. I also hit Kennedy up now and then. Cheap enough and I enjoy hitting the par 3 course to sharpen my short iron game a bit.
    Ping G400 LST 10°/Tour AD Di 6s
    Ping G400 15°/Tour 65 Stiff
    Titleist 818 H2 21°/Project X Even Flow 6.0
    Ben Hogan PTx 4-PW/NS Pro Modus 3 120
    Ben Hogan Equaliers 50°, 54° & 58°/Recoil 780 black SMAC Wrap
    Swag Golf Savage Too Prototype
    Taylormade TP5X ball
  • masamitsumasamitsu Members Posts: 2,485 ✭✭
    krsgolf wrote:

Welcome to Co from another Parker resident. Keep me in the loop about the afternoon golf, I may be able to sneak out of work with enough notice.
    Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
    Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
    Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+
    edited Feb 18, 2016 #37
    My golf league will be releasing their schedule in early March. We are always looking for new people to join us (website address in my signature). The match play trophy is standing proudly on my cabinet in the dining room. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

If you are interested in joining, please send me a PM. I do get a small reward for referring new members, and I'd be happy to kick back some of that reward back to you.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
    krsgolf wrote:

Thanks. I do hit the FSC from time to time but have only used their range facility to date. It's 5 minutes from my office. I also hit Kennedy up now and then. Cheap enough and I enjoy hitting the par 3 course to sharpen my short iron game a bit.

Their 9-hole course is mainly par 3's, but the par 5 is brutally long. I think I've only gotten home in two once from the back tees. The 9th hole is incredibly hard, especially since it tends to play into the wind the majority of the time. That said, you'd need to find some coupons to play it (usually found on ssprd.org); I'd never pay rack rate for it.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
    Congrats on the win and way to finish off the match..
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    krsgolf wrote:

Hope I'm not violating any rules by doing this but my number is (removed) if anyone in the area wants to get together sometime and knock em around or partake in an adult beverage.

I probably would've sent your number via PM to whomever has posted in this thread.

Robots love to pick up email addresses and phone number off internet bulletin boards.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,620 ClubWRX
    krsgolf wrote:

Hey KRS, do you play in the Cup matches against the Torrington guys?
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • krsgolfkrsgolf To golf or not to golf...What a stupid question! ClubWRX Posts: 658 ClubWRX

krsgolf wrote:

Yes sir I do. Who might his be?
    Ping G400 LST 10°/Tour AD Di 6s
    Ping G400 15°/Tour 65 Stiff
    Titleist 818 H2 21°/Project X Even Flow 6.0
    Ben Hogan PTx 4-PW/NS Pro Modus 3 120
    Ben Hogan Equaliers 50°, 54° & 58°/Recoil 780 black SMAC Wrap
    Swag Golf Savage Too Prototype
    Taylormade TP5X ball
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,620 ClubWRX
    krsgolf wrote:

krsgolf wrote:

Yes sir I do. Who might his be?

PM'ed you.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • seven deweyseven dewey Members Posts: 522 ✭✭
    I'm excited to be able to play this Saturday for the 2nd week in a row. Not too exited about my game at the moment however. My iron play is not in good form. I'm hoping it is just some early season rust, but with my league starting in 3 and a half weeks I better figure it out soon.
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
  • CSURam_06CSURam_06 Members Posts: 118 ✭✭

My golf league will be releasing their schedule in early March. We are always looking for new people to join us (website address in my signature). The match play trophy is standing proudly on my cabinet in the dining room. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

If you are interested in joining, please send me a PM. I do get a small reward for referring new members, and I'd be happy to kick back some of that reward back to you.

pseudo, I can't see your signature for some reason. What is your golf league?
    CSURam_06 wrote:

pseudo, I can't see your signature for some reason. What is your golf league?

Front Range Golf Club

http://www.frgclub.com

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
    After being sidelined for two weeks due to a surgical procedure, I'm finally ready to hit the...slopes. To those hitting the links, hit 'em well this weekend.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
  • brianhorne8brianhorne8 Members Posts: 1,437 ✭✭
    Sigh. Hit one of the steeps off of the Divide at Loveland last Thursday. Made it down fine, then hit an icy flat and before I knew it was upside down with my shoulder into the ground. Rode away fine, but my shoulder is pretty roughed up. Full swings hurt quite a bit. Had to call my round at 9 holes on Monday at Murphy Creek.

Side note: MC is in great shape at this point. Greens don't look great, but they roll nicely. Hoping you guys get out this weekend, and for everyone that does, hit 'em straight!
  • forecast6236forecast6236 Members Posts: 355 ClubWRX
    Sigh. Hit one of the steeps off of the Divide at Loveland last Thursday. Made it down fine, then hit an icy flat and before I knew it was upside down with my shoulder into the ground. Rode away fine, but my shoulder is pretty roughed up. Full swings hurt quite a bit. Had to call my round at 9 holes on Monday at Murphy Creek.

Side note: MC is in great shape at this point. Greens don't look great, but they roll nicely. Hoping you guys get out this weekend, and for everyone that does, hit 'em straight!

Glad to hear MC is in good shape. Playing there this morning.

Hope my statement wasn't inaccurate. What did you think of it for early season conditions?

Hope my statement wasn't inaccurate. What did you think of it for early season conditions?

Conditions were pretty good. Greens were rolling well. Unfortunately the wind was blowing like crazy- but hey, it felt like real links golf.

You guys should come out and play in the Golfweek Amateur Tour this summer, schedule is pretty stacked this season, Bear Dance for the tour championship! Winners of each flight head out to Hilton Head, SC for a national championship. Best part is it's not stuffy, bunch of laid back guys and gals who like to golf and drink beer.

00404_fpw1YVU8Vr1_600x450.jpg

this really does look like a blast but my men's club schedule is pretty much identical as far as dates go.

Conditions were pretty good. Greens were rolling well. Unfortunately the wind was blowing like crazy- but hey, it felt like real links golf.

Same situation for me. It's usually breezy out there, but it was exceptionally windy last Monday. Hoping it's a little calmer Friday morning.
    edited Mar 8, 2016 #54

My golf league will be releasing their schedule in early March. We are always looking for new people to join us (website address in my signature).

Schedule was posted this morning. July 3 will most likely be "cancelled" (replaced with a simple outing to Blackstone for anyone that wants to attend); and July 24 will be at Bear Dance. The rest of the TBDs are still TBD.

I'm bummed I'll miss Red Hawk Ridge and Fox Hollow.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
    I'm going to close out my skiing season by skiing the next three weekends (maybe a weekend jaunt to A-Basin in May). Unfortunately, I'm going to be in Nashville for work for the whole month of April, so that pretty much means I'll be spending quality family time on the weekends to make up for my absence during the week. I wonder when I can possibly hit the range before Fossil Trace on May 7...

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
    Need to get out today and tomorrow before more snow comes. We need to moisture but why can't it be rain?
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    edited Mar 21, 2016 #57
    Because snow is much more fun? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

In other fun news, I finally turned in my two weeks' notice. I'm taking a week off between jobs in early April, so hopefully by then the weather will stay nice and warm. (Although using a day or two off during that week to take advantage of potentially good skiing is not out of the question.)
    Post edited by Unknown User on

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
    Dude it's golf season. Put the ski's away already :P

Seriously, my wife and I moved here 9 years ago from the east coast basically for snowboarding so I understand where you're coming from. Hope you get some nice pow in April. Please just keep the snow in the mountains image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    Played 3 rounds in Vegas last week so got my fix for at least a week or so. We need rain instead of snow to green everything up around here.
  • irvtrainirvtrain Members Posts: 1,001 ✭✭

Played 3 rounds in Vegas last week so got my fix for at least a week or so. We need rain instead of snow to green everything up around here.

Which courses did you play? I played Bali Hai on Friday of last week but didn't have time to get another round in. I was impressed with the course and it was in good shape. A big plus was there were a lot of hot ladies on the course as caddies for all the dudes that were in town for March Madness lol. I didn't even know that was an option but I guess it's Vegas. Really, really wanted to play Shadow Creek but they were booked on Thursday and only comped rounds are allowed out on the weekends.
    edited Mar 23, 2016 #61
    irvtrain wrote:

Which courses did you play? I played Bali Hai on Friday of last week but didn't have time to get another round in. I was impressed with the course and it was in good shape. A big plus was there were a lot of hot ladies on the course as caddies for all the dudes that were in town for March Madness lol. I didn't even know that was an option but I guess it's Vegas. Really, really wanted to play Shadow Creek but they were booked on Thursday and only comped rounds are allowed out on the weekends.

Las Vegas National, Desert Pines, and Las Vegas Golf Club.

Yea... those ladies are "par mates" (or birdie mates depending on venue). I was behind a group that had 4 of them at Royal Links in the Fall. I enjoyed the free views. Spendy though... I think around $350 each before tip. But for 5 hours of them riding around the course on your lap why not?
This discussion has been closed.