Why Do I Even Try..... Can't Get Away From The Nike B2-01

2»

Comments

• BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Recently sold my Origin B2-01. I liked it but just never loved it. Probably because I just didn’t make many putts that I thought I should in the 10-15 foot range. I had to be honest and tell myself I just putt better with a mallet style putter. I have been dropping way more putts from every distance with my new Spider OS. Whatever works.
  • NYCGolfNutNYCGolfNut Members Posts: 314 ✭✭✭✭
    Gator5 wrote:

Love mine. It's the Origin b2-01. Has the look and feel I want. Very consistent putter. I'm not looking to replace anytime soon and that's a bold statement from me. It has all the tech like rife grooves, odyssey insert and Cameron weights combined with look of a dh89 or 009. Great rolling putter.

Totally agree. But have had some issues with distance control as it feels a lot hotter in the center of the face than towards either the heel or toe. Most probably it's my technique and I should find the same spot on the face more often, but always blame the equipment, don't we?

Love how you picked the attributes from different putter makers to describe it... You sir, are a poet!
  • Gator5Gator5 Members Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    NYCGolfNut wrote:

Gator5 wrote:

Love mine. It's the Origin b2-01. Has the look and feel I want. Very consistent putter. I'm not looking to replace anytime soon and that's a bold statement from me. It has all the tech like rife grooves, odyssey insert and Cameron weights combined with look of a dh89 or 009. Great rolling putter.

Totally agree. But have had some issues with distance control as it feels a lot hotter in the center of the face than towards either the heel or toe. Most probably it's my technique and I should find the same spot on the face more often, but always blame the equipment, don't we?

Love how you picked the attributes from different putter makers to describe it... You sir, are a poet!

I actually feel it has great distance control especially with heal or toe hits. I have not experienced any fliers off the sweetspot. But I have had my loft and lie adjusted so that may be part of it.

I also forgot to mention the double lines similar to a Rife which helps with alignment and getting your eyes over the ball. Very subtle technology in a classic looking head.
    TM M2 8.5* Veylix Arcane 640T S
    Titleist 917F3 15* Speeder 84 S
    Titleist 816h2 19* Speeder 8.8 S
    Titleist 735.cm 3-pw DGS-300
    Vokey 200 tour raw 52* TI DGS-300
    Vokey SM4 tour raw 56* TI DGS-400
    Cleveland RTG 60* DGS-300
    Nike Origin b2-01
  • Not Far From ParNot Far From Par Members Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

So what...
    3.5 years after posting this...
    Guess what’s going back in the bag again...
    Although it doesn’t look anything close to the way it showed up in the box when new...
    I’ve made it into something special for me...

Taylor Made M6 Atmos 6s
    Callaway Flash SZ HZRDS Smoke 15*
    TM GAPR 3Hi
    PING i20 4-Gap Modus 130s
    PING 2.0 Stealth  54ss 60ss
    Cameron 5.5 / Nike B2-01

Don't worry Ron... I still own the 5-wood.... It's up on the mantle doing it's best impression of wall art
  • texasdavetexasdave Members Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 11, 2019 4:22pm #36

I’m the same way with my B 1/07....the latest challenger is a Cameron T22 I should be getting in in a few days.

Only problem is it’s getting near impossible to find the original grips anymore.

. TaylorMade M6 9*
    Taylormade M4 Tour 3wood
    Nike VRS 18* & 21* Hybrids
    TaylorMade P790 5-PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50..54..58
    Nike Method Matter B 1/07
    Titleist Pro v1x
  • NYCGolfNutNYCGolfNut Members Posts: 314 ✭✭✭✭

I’ve had several Nike putters over the years. Mostly Oven models, but eventually let them, all go. This one has stayed, and will likely stay for good. Oven MC1i Prototype. 35 inches with a Scotty CT grip. So, so good.

• greenj20greenj20 Detroit, MIMembers Posts: 63 ✭✭

If you can roll it never change. My FIL pours in putts with a 20yr old rusty Anser. No one touches that club. No one.

Driver: Cobra King F7
    3Wood: Taylormade M2 (2017) HL
    Hybrids: F8 One Length 5H, Ping G25 23*, 20*
    Irons: FMAX One Length PW-6
    Wedges: FMAX One Length GW, SW
    Putter: SC Newport 2 Custom -or- O works #7 Black
    Bag: Sun Mountain Phantom Cart
    Ball: Pro V1 Yellow, Vice Pro+ Lime
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Method Matter insert is sublime. Love the B1-07 but never seemed to be happy with it in the bag, even though I rolled it great and shot my best ever round with it. Golf is a stupid endeavor.

PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist Vokey SM6 52F, 58M
    Odyssey White Hot #1
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 17, 2019 10:03pm #40

@texasdave said:
    I’m the same way with my B 1/07....the latest challenger is a Cameron T22 I should be getting in in a few days.

Only problem is it’s getting near impossible to find the original grips anymore.

Agree, the grips can't be found and it's a shame as the grip is my favorite putter grip ever. I did just get a 2014 Newport, and the Pistolini grip on it is super close, if not identical. Both made by Golf Pride. Just a suggestion, though they're expensive.

PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist Vokey SM6 52F, 58M
    Odyssey White Hot #1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file