GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Why Do I Even Try..... Can't Get Away From The Nike B2-01

2»

Comments

• BiggErnBiggErn Members  2913WRX Points: 785Posts: 2,913 Titanium Tees
    Recently sold my Origin B2-01. I liked it but just never loved it. Probably because I just didn’t make many putts that I thought I should in the 10-15 foot range. I had to be honest and tell myself I just putt better with a mallet style putter. I have been dropping way more putts from every distance with my new Spider OS. Whatever works.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • NYCGolfNutNYCGolfNut Members  514WRX Points: 196Handicap: 12Posts: 514 Golden Tee
    Gator5 wrote:
    <br />
    Love mine. It's the Origin b2-01. Has the look and feel I want. Very consistent putter. I'm not looking to replace anytime soon and that's a bold statement from me. It has all the tech like rife grooves, odyssey insert and Cameron weights combined with look of a dh89 or 009. Great rolling putter.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Totally agree. But have had some issues with distance control as it feels a lot hotter in the center of the face than towards either the heel or toe. Most probably it's my technique and I should find the same spot on the face more often, but always blame the equipment, don't we?<br />
    <br />
    Love how you picked the attributes from different putter makers to describe it... You sir, are a poet!
    Posted:
  • Gator5Gator5 Members  1164WRX Points: 96Posts: 1,164 Platinum Tees
    NYCGolfNut wrote:
    <br />
    Gator5 wrote:
    <br />
    Love mine. It's the Origin b2-01. Has the look and feel I want. Very consistent putter. I'm not looking to replace anytime soon and that's a bold statement from me. It has all the tech like rife grooves, odyssey insert and Cameron weights combined with look of a dh89 or 009. Great rolling putter.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Totally agree. But have had some issues with distance control as it feels a lot hotter in the center of the face than towards either the heel or toe. Most probably it's my technique and I should find the same spot on the face more often, but always blame the equipment, don't we?<br />
    <br />
    Love how you picked the attributes from different putter makers to describe it... You sir, are a poet!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I actually feel it has great distance control especially with heal or toe hits. I have not experienced any fliers off the sweetspot. But I have had my loft and lie adjusted so that may be part of it. <br />
    I also forgot to mention the double lines similar to a Rife which helps with alignment and getting your eyes over the ball. Very subtle technology in a classic looking head.
    Posted:
    TM M2 8.5* Motore Speeder VC 7.1 S
    TEE EX9 15* Aldila Blue 95 tx 
    Adams CMB 3-gw C Taper 120 S
    Cleveland 588 TG 56* TI DGS -400
    Cleveland 588 RTG 60* DGS-300
    Nike Origin b2-01
  • Not Far From ParNot Far From Par Members  1256WRX Points: 120Handicap: 3.2Posts: 1,256 Platinum Tees

So what...
    3.5 years after posting this...
    Guess what’s going back in the bag again...
    Although it doesn’t look anything close to the way it showed up in the box when new...
    I’ve made it into something special for me...

Posted:
    PING 410+ Alta 10.5
    Callaway Flash SZ HZRDS Smoke 15*
    TEE CBX 20*
    PING i500 4-6, iBlade 7-PW DG S300 120’s
    PING 2.0 Stealth 50ss 54ss 60ss
    PING Redwood Anser

Don't worry Ron... I still own the 5-wood.... It's up on the mantle doing it's best impression of wall art
  • texasdavetexasdave Members  1749WRX Points: 192Handicap: 5.6Posts: 1,749 Platinum Tees

I’m the same way with my B 1/07....the latest challenger is a Cameron T22 I should be getting in in a few days.

Only problem is it’s getting near impossible to find the original grips anymore.

Posted:
    . TaylorMade M4 9.5*
    Taylormade M4 Tour 3wood
    Nike VRS 18* & 21* Hybrids
    TaylorMade P790 5-PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50..54..58
    Nike Method Matter B 1/07
    Titleist Pro v1x
  • NYCGolfNutNYCGolfNut Members  514WRX Points: 196Handicap: 12Posts: 514 Golden Tee

I’ve had several Nike putters over the years. Mostly Oven models, but eventually let them, all go. This one has stayed, and will likely stay for good. Oven MC1i Prototype. 35 inches with a Scotty CT grip. So, so good.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • greenj20greenj20 Grosse Pointe Farms, MIMembers  81WRX Points: 24Handicap: 21.1Posts: 81 Fairways

If you can roll it never change. My FIL pours in putts with a 20yr old rusty Anser. No one touches that club. No one.

Posted:
    Driver: Epic Flash 9* 
    3Wood: Taylormade M2 (2017) HL
    Hybrids: F8 One Length 5H, 4H, Speedback 3H
    Irons: Forged Tec Black One Length GW-6
    Wedges: Vokey SM 6 Jet Black F Grind 54*, 58*
    Putter: SC Newport 2 Custom
    Bag: Sun Mountain Phantom Cart
    Ball: Pro V1 Yellow -or- Bridgestone e12 Matte Green

• brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers  3726WRX Points: 711Handicap: 8.2Posts: 3,726 Titanium Tees

Method Matter insert is sublime. Love the B1-07 but never seemed to be happy with it in the bag, even though I rolled it great and shot my best ever round with it. Golf is a stupid endeavor.

Posted:

PING Hoofer Lite

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*

(PING G25 23* 4h)

Titleist 718 AP2 4-P

Titleist SM7 52.08F, 58.08M

PING BeCu Scottsdale Anser

• brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers  3726WRX Points: 711Handicap: 8.2Posts: 3,726 Titanium Tees

On -, @texasdave said:

I’m the same way with my B 1/07....the latest challenger is a Cameron T22 I should be getting in in a few days.

Only problem is it’s getting near impossible to find the original grips anymore.

Agree, the grips can't be found and it's a shame as the grip is my favorite putter grip ever. I did just get a 2014 Newport, and the Pistolini grip on it is super close, if not identical. Both made by Golf Pride. Just a suggestion, though they're expensive.

Posted:

PING Hoofer Lite

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*

(PING G25 23* 4h)

Titleist 718 AP2 4-P

Titleist SM7 52.08F, 58.08M

PING BeCu Scottsdale Anser

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.