T.P. Mills - Soft tail 304 or Carbon?

autisticloveautisticlove Members Posts: 536 ✭✭
Fellas, I've got a predicament so to speak. I know I want to get another T.P. Mills, however I can't decide whether I want to get the 304 Soft tail he's go on the site in a satin finish or if I should keep it traditional and go with the black ox. Comments? I've got a 254 in the black ox and love it to death, but I kind of have a bug for the satin it just looks ****, not sexier maybe, but just different, you know? I mean really it's a win-win situation either way. Also, if the softtail is all that I want should I just save myself a few bucks and get the tour sample model. I'd really like to have my initials on it, but for that price, it's hard not to just get the pre-made one. Dilemas dilemas. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• glenwayputtersglenwayputters Members Posts: 2,100
    it really depends on what you want the putter to be. The softtail model is great in stainless, I nearly had David make one for me, but I have to say the Tour Sample in the "flat" black ox is "oldschool" and really cool looking.

You guys will notice some things on the tour samples, they will have some slight differences in them than the retail models. The tour samples are not as highly finished as the retail models. They are true handmade putters and have some interesting grinds on the soles, cavities, top lines and flanges that really give these putters a lot of character.

Get the 304 stainless and don't have David finish the paintfill, I think that looks the best.

jay
  • autisticloveautisticlove Members Posts: 536 ✭✭
    edited Aug 4, 2009 #3
    jay-

are you refering to the tour sample of the other 304 listed in the other putter page?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    autisticlove wrote on Dec 9 2005, 08:52 PM:

jay-

are you refering to the tour sample of the other 304 listed in the other putter page?

matt

Matt

the 304 are on the regular putter page is the one I am referring to. There was a softtail with the flat black ox the other day, don't know if it is still available or not

jay
  • tickyboytickyboy Members Posts: 2,133 ✭✭
    I never saw a soft tail in carbon, believe me I was looking hard. I like the look of the black ox satin finish, but it's hard not to go with that stainless soft tail. Although, for about another $100, you can get whatever you want, which is always nice to find a putter that's for you.
    R15 9.5
    R15 3HL
    Rescue TP 21
    MP25 4-P
    MP 52,56,60
    Origin B2 01 CF
    tickyboy wrote on Dec 9 2005, 10:29 PM:

I never saw a soft tail in carbon, believe me I was looking hard. I like the look of the black ox satin finish, but it's hard not to go with that stainless soft tail. Although, for about another $100, you can get whatever you want, which is always nice to find a putter that's for you.

David had one and I thought it was listed. I had it at East Lake and putted with it for a while that day.

email him about it. It is probably there somewhere.

jay
  • autisticloveautisticlove Members Posts: 536 ✭✭
    edited Aug 4, 2009 #7
    hmmm...interesting. I emailed him tonight about the stainless soft tail and a carbon black ox one as well, so we'll see where that goes. thanks for all the help and advice guys, I really appreciate it. it was between this and a slighter for me, but I just decided that you can't be the craftsmanship of a Mills putter. I'm getting kind of excited about a stainless actually, curious how it will feel compared to my 254. I love the putter picking process!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • tickyboytickyboy Members Posts: 2,133 ✭✭
    glenwayputters wrote on Dec 9 2005, 11:01 PM:

tickyboy wrote on Dec 9 2005, 10:29 PM:

David had one and I thought it was listed. I had it at East Lake and putted with it for a while that day.

email him about it. It is probably there somewhere.

jay

Dang....got an email from him today saying he shipped my Klassic though, and all in all I'm very happy and excited to get it soon. Although, if he does list a midshafted softtail I will have no choice but to order that as well. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/cool.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    R15 9.5
    R15 3HL
    Rescue TP 21
    MP25 4-P
    MP 52,56,60
    Origin B2 01 CF