Fishing

15678911»

Comments

• Loomis13Loomis13 Members Posts: 182 ✭✭
    I don't ever worry about fish seeing line, however some do. If you are concerned about that aspect you can use a leader. However you better tie a pretty good connection knot, especially if you are fishing vegetation. About the only time I might worry about fish seeing my line is like Okoboji Lake in Iowa where you can see like 15' down.
  • HoosierHacker89HoosierHacker89 Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭
    I’ve found the fg knot to be the best knot to connect braid to a fluorocarbon leader, but the thing is a pain in the butt to tie. It takes me 4-5 minutes and I’ve got lots of practice with it. I like the improved clinch for my leaders as it is quick and super strong. The braid encapsulates the fluorocarbon and it goes through micro guides easily
    Titleist 910 D3
    R7 steel 4 wood
    Cleveland Ta 5 3-P
    Cleveland 588 51/56
    Odyssey white hot 2 ball
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,239 ✭✭
    I think for now I will just use as clear of a braided line as I can. With all the grass and weeds I don't really want my line and bait sinking all the way down. I've just been tossing out a senko and wiggling it around for a minute, then reeling back in. May try a spinner though as I didn't get any good bites at all last weekend.

I did connect with a swivel though... maybe that gave things away.
    WITB
    Epic SZ HZRDUS Smoke 65 6.5
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour 120 FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• rich srich s Members Posts: 523 ✭✭
    I fished competitively for 11 years. Came at quite a cost and so I got out for a few years. My youngest daughter started fishing off our dock so I bought a boat again and her and I fished a lot together in spring. Fished a NWT here and took 4th which felt good being out for so long. Being out on the course at dusk by myself is very similar to being on the water. Here are some of many good memories form this year
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,682 mod
    Grew up spin fishing on a lake but my mom taught me to fly cast @ five years ago. Until this year I only got out one or so days a year when I was up in New England visiting them and could get out. Problem is they like fishing up near the Canadian border and its COLD. This year my wife decided she wanted to get back into it so we did a two day Orvis school and two days of fishing down in Key Largo. Then in May we went back down and did two days out on the water in Islamorada. Its so cheap/quick for us to get down there, I could see getting 2-3 trips a year in now. There is something awesome about being out in the middle of nowhere in a little 18 foot skiff running at full speed in about 6 inches of water.

Caught a little 8 lb jack in May that fought like a shark, it was fantastic. No big boys landed yet though. We've got an 8 and a 9 wt rod in the bag and a 12 wt in reserve. This summer I started fooling around with tying my own stuff and have made a few decent clouser minnows on 2/0s. Just bought the stuff to start making some half/halfs.
    M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,239 ✭✭
    Cool one rich s! Can I ask.. how much does a decent boat like that cost?
    WITB
    Epic SZ HZRDUS Smoke 65 6.5
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour 120 FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag