Life of a Conditional Web.com Member

GolfingBro

Hi everyone, I am new to this board but from some encouragement from others I thought I would share what the journey I am on is like. There seems to be a good amount of interest in following young pro golfers such as @300_yards current thread in Asia..

Some of you may have seen the Canadian tour thread over the summer, my mom who is @Agatha on here was active on there.

Anyway a bit about my background, I knew from a very young age that I wanted to be a professional golfer, it was my dream so set my goals early and worked to achieve them. I was fortunate enough to get to play D1 golf at UC Davis where I was able to not only get my degree in Economics but also play some amazing courses, and had 4 years to develop my game at a high level. Because of a decent amount of success in college and as an amateur I was able to get a contract with Nike. Nike clubs and gear has become top of line in the past few years and they treat all of the players on staff great. I can go into specifics later on the equipment I play. I have had the same swing coach since freshman year of high school, his name is Don Parsons, he is in Goleta and is a great instructor. He was on Morning drive this week as he is a lead instructor as well with the golf channel academy.

First Year as a Pro: Aug '14 to Aug '15:

I decided to play high level amateur golf the summer after senior year at Davis and turned pro in August of 2014. I played one tournament before web.com Q school that year. Q school I breezed thru pre qual and eked thru stage 1, stage 2 was where I got knocked out. I played some mini tour events to work on my game and actually won a decent amount of money so that was nice. I went to Argentina and did Latin American Q school but came up short. So back to more mini tour stuff for awhile. In spring I went thru Canadian tour Q school (now called the MacKenzie tour) and was successful in getting my card. I spent the summer on the tour and played all the events but 1. I guess I had an okay rookie year but I missed keeping my card by $900 Canadian which was frustrating. I missed 4 cuts by 1 stroke, that was rough.

So back to web.com Q school in Sept.. I did not have to pre qual this year and made it all the way Q School Finals in Florida. I did not have my A game at finals and finished T110 out of the 156.

I can post more about what conditional status really means if there is interest in knowing.

My plan is to continue to compete on some of the mini tour events as well as try to Monday for Northern Trust and I plan to go back to Louisiana for a web.com Monday qualifier. I am signed up for Canadian Q school again and that will take place in April.

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer and if there is interest I will come on here and post updates as well.

Hi everyone, I am new to this board but from some encouragement from others I thought I would share what the journey I am on is like. There seems to be a good amount of interest in following young pro golfers such as @300_yards current thread in Asia..

Some of you may have seen the Canadian tour thread over the summer, my mom who is @Agatha on here was active on there.

Anyway a bit about my background, I knew from a very young age that I wanted to be a professional golfer, it was my dream so set my goals early and worked to achieve them. I was fortunate enough to get to play D1 golf at UC Davis where I was able to not only get my degree in Economics but also play some amazing courses, and had 4 years to develop my game at a high level. Because of a decent amount of success in college and as an amateur I was able to get a contract with Nike. Nike clubs and gear has become top of line in the past few years and they treat all of the players on staff great. I can go into specifics later on the equipment I play. I have had the same swing coach since freshman year of high school, his name is Don Parsons, he is in Goleta and is a great instructor. He was on Morning drive this week as he is a lead instructor as well with the golf channel academy.

First Year as a Pro: Aug '14 to Aug '15:

I decided to play high level amateur golf the summer after senior year at Davis and turned pro in August of 2014. I played one tournament before web.com Q school that year. Q school I breezed thru pre qual and eked thru stage 1, stage 2 was where I got knocked out. I played some mini tour events to work on my game and actually won a decent amount of money so that was nice. I went to Argentina and did Latin American Q school but came up short. So back to more mini tour stuff for awhile. In spring I went thru Canadian tour Q school (now called the MacKenzie tour) and was successful in getting my card. I spent the summer on the tour and played all the events but 1. I guess I had an okay rookie year but I missed keeping my card by $900 Canadian which was frustrating. I missed 4 cuts by 1 stroke, that was rough.

So back to web.com Q school in Sept.. I did not have to pre qual this year and made it all the way Q School Finals in Florida. I did not have my A game at finals and finished T110 out of the 156.

I can post more about what conditional status really means if there is interest in knowing.

My plan is to continue to compete on some of the mini tour events as well as try to Monday for Northern Trust and I plan to go back to Louisiana for a web.com Monday qualifier. I am signed up for Canadian Q school again and that will take place in April.

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer and if there is interest I will come on here and post updates as well.

Great to see you on here. I have spoken with your Mom quite a few times about you and your adventure. Hopefully I will be doing the same in the next few years. Best of luck to you this year. I will be following.

First of all, welcome to GolfWRX!

Yes, as your schedule allows please continue to "journal" your experiences. Are you able to be followed on Twitter, Facebook, etc?

Continue to chase your dream and best wishes for many successes along the way.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

Good luck and know that GolfWRX is pulling for you. It's going to be a struggle at times, just keep the positive thought and energy.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Logged in; locked on and riding with yer !

Best of luck for the upcoming seasons......... :good:

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
PING  ZING2 Irons (4-PW) - Black Lie angle - JZ Stiff
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) DG Pro: S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg 

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

Regards "Shuv" : sevenfourate's WITB LINK (Click right here):

Definitely will be following this one. Good luck to you this year!

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

Best of luck achieving your dreams!

Callaway Paradym TD 10.5* @ 8.5* - Fuji Blue Velocore+ 6s  tipped 1"

2021 Callaway UW 17* & 21* - Fuji Red Ventus Velocore 7X
Callaway Apex TCB  4-pw - Steelfiber i110cw S hard stepped 1"  &  BStone J15CBs 4-pw - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120x

Callaway Jaws Forged TI red dots 52@50/56@55/60*& Jaws Raw Z grind 60*z, DG TI S400

2021 Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K DW & 2021 Eleven slant neck
Ball: 2024 Callaway Chrome Tour X -tested, great feel & spin!

Awesome...I was hoping your mom would get you to join!

Titleist Ts2 10.5* GD DI 6x
Titliest 915 5w 18* GD DI 7x
Callaway Apex 23*h Oban Devotion 
Callaway Apex 26*h GD DI 85x
Srixon 785 6-PW Nippon 105 Modus
Titleist SM7 50*, 54*, 58* Nippon 115 Modus 
Odyssey #7 Plumber Neck 
2018 Taylormade tp5

https://www.instagram.com/benzoducky/ 

Besides Nike providing clothes and clubs, do they kick in anything in terms of paying for events, travelling etc?

Titleist Ts2 10.5* GD DI 6x
Titliest 915 5w 18* GD DI 7x
Callaway Apex 23*h Oban Devotion 
Callaway Apex 26*h GD DI 85x
Srixon 785 6-PW Nippon 105 Modus
Titleist SM7 50*, 54*, 58* Nippon 115 Modus 
Odyssey #7 Plumber Neck 
2018 Taylormade tp5

https://www.instagram.com/benzoducky/ 

Matthew,

Thanks for sharing your journey. Best wishes for continued progress and success!

Mitch

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

i would bet that lots of folks on here want to know about the equipment and clothes you get while on contract. Do you have a catalog to thumb through and choose what you want? If you need anything, do you call and its sent to you directly? If you want something extra to test out, can you call out of the blue and get whatever you want? This is probably available to the upper level staff members, didn't know if anyone under contract has free reign to get whatever whenever. thanks.

random questions I know, but the thought of having a garage full of gear/clothes/shoes is pretty cool.

Look forward to hearing your progress. Hard work and determination will get you there and the backing of WRX LOL. Thank you for taking the time to write about your journey and i look forward to reading it and rooting for you.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

Welcome to the board Matthew :)

Thank You for doing this!!

I hope that you enjoy this as much as we will :)

You're an amazing Young Man with an amazing core circle around you and I think that you know my thoughts on both you and your Mother.

She's an incredible Lady, and I count her as one of my closest friends & confidants, as she is the only female outside of Madison(my Fiancé), my Mother and Sis that I confide in, lol.

She is very kind & tolerant of my sometimes maniac medicated rants & ramblings, haha :)

You've been in my Thoughts and Prayers as you've travelled across South & Latin America, Canada and here at home and there is absolutely zero doubt in my mind that you will achieve you goals and dreams!!!

That 3i that you hit in Canada and the holes that followed that took you from a sure ticket out of town to the door step, well, there aren't many Players on the face of this earth, regardless of Tour or name, that could have hit that shot or have the mental strength and intestinal fortitude to turn a round and tourney around like you came one shot from doing!

You're a Special Player, a Better Person and you're at the door~

Yes there have been obstacles and road blocks, however as long as you learn from them, and continue to make your weaknesses your strengths and maintain your focus there's not a doubt in my mind that you're going to kick that Son of a B**** in, and sooner rather than later!!!

Thanks again for takin us along for the ride~

And yes, I Love the User Name, lol :)

God Bless Bro :)

Fairways & Greens, Pins & Cups 4ever My Friend,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Thanks for including us Matthew! awesome thread and im looking forward to following! Best of luck and don't be a stranger!!

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

First of all, welcome to GolfWRX!

Yes, as your schedule allows please continue to "journal" your experiences. Are you able to be followed on Twitter, Facebook, etc?

Continue to chase your dream and best wishes for many successes along the way.

Twitter Handle: @MattHansenGolf

I also have a website: matthansengolf.com

I keep the website up to date with upcoming tournaments. It also shows my past tournament results, my team, and other cool information.

I had some friends after college that tried the mini tours and I know that it's a lonely and frustrating life. Funny story, one guy I used to work with made it to the final stage of Q school and was 2 strokes from getting his card. He was so devastated that he gave up his dream completely and started working at a bank. Several months later, his bosses asked him if he golfed. He said yes. They asked him if he was good. He said he was okay. He went out with his bosses and shot a 65. He was promoted shortly after, haha. I love that story.

Welcome to the board. Glad you can enlighten us about TOUR life.

You have come a long way, but did it in baby steps. Continue with the baby steps and I (we) have no doubt that you will kick the door down.

Thanks for taking us along for the ride. I think that it will be a lot of fun.

i would bet that lots of folks on here want to know about the equipment and clothes you get while on contract. Do you have a catalog to thumb through and choose what you want? If you need anything, do you call and its sent to you directly? If you want something extra to test out, can you call out of the blue and get whatever you want? This is probably available to the upper level staff members, didn't know if anyone under contract has free reign to get whatever whenever. thanks.

random questions I know, but the thought of having a garage full of gear/clothes/shoes is pretty cool.

I second this. Love knowing these type of things.

Titleist TSi3 8.25

Titleist TSi3 16.5

Titleist U500 3i

Taylormade P770 4i

Taylormade P7MC 5i-PW
Vokey SM9 52 58
Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4

Broooooooo !

Looking forward to tales from the trenches

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x