Snake Eyes Viper Tour Putters

Ogre41 ·  
Ogre41Ogre41 Ijamsville, MDMembers  1200WRX Points: 166Posts: 1,200 Platinum Tees
Does anyone have any experience with the Snake Eyes Viper Tour putters? Specifically the 8802 style blade? It looks great online and it is a great price, but does anyone have any experience with it? Could it be stamped at all? (That probably won't have any bearing on if I buy one though) As always, your info is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.
Posted:
Ping Rapture 14 Stiff Saishin (sp)
Ping Rapture 21 vs Proto Stiff
Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
Ping Cadence B65

Comments

• HoosierGolferHoosierGolfer Members  1718WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,718
    I put one of those together last summer and played it once or twice. Not sure of the weight or swingweight. Pretty heavy in the hands. I would guess 360g +.

It is finished in silver nickel plating with a polished sole. Nice head for the price I guess although I'm not much of a Snake Eyes guy. I just collect heel shafted putters.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • manship1856manship1856 Members  350WRX Points: 55Posts: 350 Greens
    I've got one and took all the paintfill out. It's a sweet feeling putter for sure. Like the previous poster said, it's pretty heavy. Plenty of room on the face/sole to stamp. I really like it even though with the Slighter in the bag it doesn't get much course time!
    Posted:
  • adam10adam10 Members  865WRX Points: 90Handicap: 7sPosts: 865 Golden Tee
    Ogre,

if you do pick one up, please bump this post or write a quick review. I might have to pick one up this winter. I've seriously considered putting together an all-Snake Eyes bag and this would be the next addition if the reviews remain strong. thanks

Posted:
  • Ogre41Ogre41 Ijamsville, MDMembers  1200WRX Points: 166Posts: 1,200 Platinum Tees
    If I do manage to snag one I will of course write about it. It's just a cool looking putter.
    Posted:
    Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
    Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
    Ping Cadence B65
    I think if they made it in a darker finish (and with the 2008 SE wood line, they might still) I would already be gaming it.
    Posted:
  • JoeypoleJoeypole Members  1288WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,288 Bunkers
    I have one that I put together last year and just used once. I'll have to dig in the bag and check it if anyone is interested.

Its a solid feeling putter and a bargain if you ask me.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    I might be, would have to give first dibs to Ogre since he started this thread. post some pics if you get a chance so we can check it out. can you comment on how deep the face milling is too. thanks
    Posted:
  • TM golf guyTM golf guy Members  9985WRX Points: 1Posts: 9,985 Titanium Tees
    I have one, and the feel really is nice. I only used it a few times because it has way too much toe hang for me. A great value putter, and it sets up great too.
    Posted:
  • dlodlo Members  89WRX Points: 0Posts: 89
    i am definitely interested if one of the other guys is not.
    Posted:
    No face milling. Mine is at 33.5", brand new grip. Probably could be wrestled away from me. I'll try to post some pics tonight.
    Posted:
    by too much toe hang, you mean the distance between the end of the toe and the ground?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • bortweinbortwein Members  248WRX Points: 0Posts: 248
    adam10 wrote on Dec 11 2007, 10:27 AM:
    I think if they made it in a darker finish (and with the 2008 SE wood line, they might still) I would already be gaming it.

post-9952-1197378838-1.jpg

I've been thinking about pushing to redesign the cosmetics on that putter, so I think I'll give it a shot when we sit down to meet about putter again.
    Posted:
  • dlodlo Members  89WRX Points: 0Posts: 89
    i agree about the darker finish. i am considering it currently, it is a no brainer with a darker finish.
    Posted:
    Sorry it took so long...I forgot to post these! Also, forgive the camera shots, I suck at pictures.

SETopline.jpg

SESole.jpg

SEHead.jpg

SEGrip.jpg

SEFace.jpg
    Posted:
    I finally found the Smoked Chrome Proto of this putter I was looking for and then I paint filled the sole graphic in black and silver to go with the new grip.

Posted:
  • Ogre41Ogre41 Ijamsville, MDMembers  1200WRX Points: 166Posts: 1,200 Platinum Tees
    That smoked chrome is gorgeous and that black grip was the exact one that I would have put on it, but I tried a couple 8802 style putters and just couldn't get used to them. I fan them open too much for some reason and push the snot out of them. Oh well, it is definitely a great looking stick.

By the way, thanks for posting the pick of the proto! much appreciated.
    Posted:
    Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
    Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
    Ping Cadence B65

Advertisement
  • mth1081mth1081 Members  563WRX Points: 0Posts: 563
    that's a good looking finish....nice grip as well.

I'll have to check out the local Golfsmith myself...I had one of these putters last year (chrome) and got rid of it for some reason.
    Posted:
    mth1081 wrote on Dec 21 2007, 04:40 PM:
    that's a good looking finish....nice grip as well.

I'll have to check out the local Golfsmith myself...I had one of these putters last year (chrome) and got rid of it for some reason.

Thanks. I was happy to find this in the back room with all our prototypes in it. You won't find this one at a store, but I'm going to push to see if I can get a 2008 version in this (or a darker) finish to go with the new black Viper Tour Woods. That way it will have the new logo and I can redesign the sole graphic to better match the woods.
    Posted:
    ask and you shall receive!!!! I just wish I wasn't so in love with my Mills. I'm at least buying a new SE cover and I'll keep my eye on this head throughout the summer. the SE designs keep getting better and better and better. Equal in quality and performance to just about any OEM (woods, irons, wedges, putters)......but at about 1/3 the price.

Posted:
    The new Viper Tour Putters (Black Finish) have a great new Face Mill Pattern that gets the ball into a roll with reduced skid/bounce distance. The SV1 model shown above has a great feel to it.
    Posted:
  • MikeBabjakMikeBabjak Members  129WRX Points: 0Posts: 129
    I'm going to get one of these for myself and give it a try.

I am using a Ray Cook Classics 7 blade right now, but want a little heavier head/shaft combo. The milled face is a plus as well.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.