UST Frequency Filtered Putter Shaft

LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
Anyone hear of this putter shaft or is anyone using it?

Comments

• pitbull808pitbull808 Putter Hoarder Marshals Posts: 9,367 mod
    edited Dec 12, 2005 #2
    dshibano wrote on Dec 11 2005, 07:02 PM:

Anyone hear of this putter shaft or is anyone using it?

Sure have! Here's a few links to some threads we had on it a few months ago. You can also use the search feature we have by clicking the search button on the top of the page to find a few more. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?sh...ST+Putter+Shaft

• lohrm1lohrm1 Charter Members Posts: 402
    I'm using it and loving it...
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    lohrm1 wrote on Dec 12 2005, 07:16 AM:

I saw them on golfsmith for $59, mayge I will put one on my cameron!
  • lohrm1lohrm1 Charter Members Posts: 402
    dshibano wrote on Dec 12 2005, 07:08 PM:

Make sure it's the right tip diameter...
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    lohrm1 wrote on Dec 12 2005, 03:49 PM:

dshibano wrote on Dec 12 2005, 07:08 PM:

Make sure it's the right tip diameter...

Do you know what tip diameter a Newport II is?
  • Pole_PositionPole_Position Members Posts: 276
    I've been using it for almost a month now.

Positives: Definitely improves "feel" for me. Well struck putts feel buttery smooth, mishits are kind of dead-feeling but not harsh for me. Looks cool with the right grip.

Negatives: Price. Upset the balance of my putter, requires counterweight in butt if you want to maintain same balance as before. .600" core makes standard .580" core putter grip fatter - took some getting used to as I prefer a thinner putter grip. Anything other than a black putter grip looks like c**p, IMO - I put a red grip on it and almost puked.

Was it worth it? Well, after adjusting the balance and getting used to it I will say I like my putter better then before. Do I make more putts? Uh, no, but I feel better about missing them. Will I get one for my next putter? Probably not.
  • corkycorky Members Posts: 2,858
    Pole_Position wrote on Dec 13 2005, 08:45 PM:

I've been using it for almost a month now.

Positives: Definitely improves "feel" for me. Well struck putts feel buttery smooth, mishits are kind of dead-feeling but not harsh for me. Looks cool with the right grip.

Negatives: Price. Upset the balance of my putter, requires counterweight in butt if you want to maintain same balance as before. .600" core makes standard .580" core putter grip fatter - took some getting used to as I prefer a thinner putter grip. Anything other than a black putter grip looks like c**p, IMO - I put a red grip on it and almost puked.

Was it worth it? Well, after adjusting the balance and getting used to it I will say I like my putter better then before. Do I make more putts? Uh, no, but I feel better about missing them. Will I get one for my next putter? Probably not.

thanks for the review...... you've confirmed what I thought, a red grip would look naff. I'd quite like to try one for the difference in feel.