Seemore Putters - Anyone?

Comments

• bu11dogbu11dog Members Posts: 1,408 ✭✭
    I love the fact that you guys have a deal with In His Grip.
  • JJuel5JJuel5 Members Posts: 122
    My roommate just got an FGP, and he putted amazing this last weekend. I, however, do not like that style of putter. So I am thinking I may need to try out a Corona Del Mar X4. More the style I like. Just need to see if I can find it some where local here in Lincoln.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Tour
    Nike Vapor Fly 3w+
    Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW
    Cobra King 52*
    Titleist Vokey 56*
    SeeMore Corona Del Mar X4
  • Altiman94Altiman94 Members Posts: 1,001
    I am still using the FGP 4 years later. I would like to roll the Giant FGP.
  • Lord HelmetLord Helmet Members Posts: 8,635 ✭✭
    Can anyone tell me about the si3? I'm a seemore fan, used one in the past....

Was killing time at galaxy and was rolling this model in from all over the place.

Thanks!
    Cobra F9 - Atmos TS Black 6x
    Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
    718 TMB 19* - DG AMT White s300
    Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
    SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • JJuel5JJuel5 Members Posts: 122
    JJuel5 wrote:

My roommate just got an FGP, and he putted amazing this last weekend. I, however, do not like that style of putter. So I am thinking I may need to try out a Corona Del Mar X4. More the style I like. Just need to see if I can find it some where local here in Lincoln.

Well found one pretty cheap on the bay and couldn't pass it up! Can't wait to give this bad boy a shot!
    Nike Covert 2.0 Tour
    Nike Vapor Fly 3w+
    Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW
    Cobra King 52*
    Titleist Vokey 56*
    SeeMore Corona Del Mar X4
  • Golfjohnson88Golfjohnson88 Members Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Skhacker wrote:

I play a DB4 black carbon. It's a fantastic putter. A blue collar 009.

Love this. Blacked out!
  • Mi-GolferMi-Golfer Members Posts: 410 ✭✭
    Ive got a Z3c coming and I'm currently using a mfgp2 has anyone putted with both and what are the differences?
  • jrm715jrm715 Members Posts: 86
    Been gaming a Seemore MONEY mallet putter. Super stroke 1.3

Wonderful roll off that face. Using the heavy weight in the head. Never tried the lighter weight in it. Rolls pure
  • Hatchmanss76Hatchmanss76 Members Posts: 107

Was killing time at galaxy and was rolling this model in from all over the place.

Thanks!

Yep, great putter.

I've been gaming one for 3 1/2 years and have no thoughts about changing or using anything else. I bought a spare in case something bad happens to the gamer.

• mcc0819mcc0819 Members Posts: 594 ✭✭

Thanks!

I haven't experienced the Si3 but i do game an Si5. Best putter i've ever had in the bag. Most consistent from a feel standpoint. Distance control is spot on as well. You can't go wrong with any Seemore though.
    Ping G400 LST AD-DI 7x
    Callaway Rogue 3w HZRDUS Yellow 76 6.5
    Callaway Rogue 5w HZRDUS Yellow 76 6.5
    Ping i200 4-pw DG X100
    Ping Glide 2.0 50, 54, 58
    Odyssey O-Works 1w

mcuba wrote:

Thanks!

I haven't experienced the Si3 but i do game an Si5. Best putter i've ever had in the bag. Most consistent from a feel standpoint. Distance control is spot on as well. You can't go wrong with any Seemore though.

I was rolling that one too. Nice putter.
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • SeeMore PuttersSeeMore Putters Sponsors Posts: 612 ✭✭

mcuba wrote:

Thanks!

si3 has a TPU insert. soft feeling putter but not as soft as a milled putter head. Great price point for the feel and sound someone might be looking for. Happy to help more - send a note to [email protected]

mcuba wrote:

Thanks!

si3 has a TPU insert. soft feeling putter but not as soft as a milled putter head. Great price point for the feel and sound someone might be looking for. Happy to help more - send a note to [email protected]

emailing now
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • BTrinityBTrinity Members Posts: 11
    Putting is the weakest part of my game. I tried the seemore line at golfsmith a few weeks ago and couldnt believe how well I putted with it. I actually putted well with my putter after using the seemore (as if it was a training aid). I ended up ordering Fgp mallet counterbalanced with custom length/lie through seemore. Customer service was great. I couldn't get through right away and they emailed and called me back same day. Only downside is that I ordered it on the 28th and it still hasn't shipped. Can't wait for it to get here!
    Driver Cobra Fly Z
    3 Wood Cobra Fly Z
    5 Wood Titleist 915F
    21 Hybrid Titleist
    5-W Titleist 710 AP1
    54, 60 Vokey
    Seemore FGB Mallet counterbalance
    FGP mallet is backordered right?
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • BTrinityBTrinity Members Posts: 11

It wasn't backordered when I ordered it. They told me that it's taking longer because im getting it stamped. Not complaining just anxious lol.
    Driver Cobra Fly Z
    3 Wood Cobra Fly Z
    5 Wood Titleist 915F
    21 Hybrid Titleist
    5-W Titleist 710 AP1
    54, 60 Vokey
    Seemore FGB Mallet counterbalance
    BTrinity wrote:

It wasn't backordered when I ordered it. They told me that it's taking longer because im getting it stamped. Not complaining just anxious lol.

Gotcha! Be here before you know it! G luck!
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • PingPonchoPingPoncho PingPoncho Members Posts: 1,384 ✭✭
    I just bought the counter balanced Seemore Giant M1T. 400 gm head with 3.0 SuperStroke Grip.

Awesome putter!
  • UnderPar18UnderPar18 Previously Ecsugolf1 Members Posts: 5,628 ✭✭
    I really wish Seemore would offer the Z1C in left handed. Only thing preventing me in owning one is the fact the z2c and z3c in lefty are just plain funky.
  • bigdriveandybigdriveandy Members Posts: 1,096 ✭✭
    PingPoncho wrote:

I just bought the counter balanced Seemore Giant M1T. 400 gm head with 3.0 SuperStroke Grip.

Awesome putter!

Jealous...I could only find a good deal on the GIANT so I opted for that. the M1T seems like the absolutely perfect size head.
  • RH82RH82 Members Posts: 1,986 ✭✭
    Does anyone prefer the mFGP over the mFGP2 or vice versa?
    Cobra King KTD Pro (9.5*)
    Titleist 917 F2 (16.5*)
    Callaway Apex (20*)
    Srixon Z785 (4-PW)
    Cleveland RTX-4 (50*/56*/60*)
    Toulon Madison
    The Si3 is in my bag! Cant wait to roll it this weekend!
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Members Posts: 4,741 ✭✭
    Why does it feel like I have to lean the shaft back to hide the red dot on my Corona Del Mar X3?

Also, can't use my normal forward press to start the stroke or the red dot appears.
    TM M6 10.5 GD AD DI Black 6
    TM M2 15* Speeder 757 Evo TS
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    TM M3 4 Iron Atmos
    TM P790 5-AW Modus 105
    TM MG 54*
    TM HI TOE 60*
    TM MY Spider Tour Black
  • db2db2 Members Posts: 228
    edited Aug 15, 2016 #145
    Your nose, belly button, hands, clubshaft, and clubhead need to be in-line from the front view in order to hide the red dot without having your hands behind the ball. Your left wrist will be bent. As someone who forward presses you're used to reducing the amount of left wrist bend in order to trigger the stroke, so this will be an adjustment for you. Or, you can use the RST to set up, and keep your forward press. You'll still have the benefit of a consistent setup and a clubface which wants to be square at impact.

If you feel that you have to lean the clubshaft back to hide the red dot, then you're used to playing the ball more forward in your stance or having less bend in your left wrist at address, or your head is forward of the middle of your stance, or a combination of these issues. You should practice your setup in a mirror, if you have one.

It's okay if the red dot appears in the stroke. For a longer stroke it will appear, unless you rotate/swivel your head so that your nose is in-line with the clubshaft from your perspective. Even though you might be able to see the red dot, the clubface will still likely be square to the arc of the clubhead, unless you manipulate your hands. If you keep your head still and follow the clubhead with your eyes, then you will see the red dot unless you manipulate your hands by closing the clubface to the arc in the backstroke, and opening it during the downstroke. This is the kind of hand manipulation you need to use to keep the clubface square (the straight back, straight through stroke) to the plane line/target line when you swing on an inclined plane. The clubhead still travels on an arc, but the clubface stays square to the target line. That said, I wouldn't do it. Hand manipulation is just one more thing that could go wrong with the stroke.
  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Members Posts: 4,741 ✭✭
    db2 wrote:

Your nose, belly button, hands, clubshaft, and clubhead need to be in-line from the front view in order to hide the red dot without having your hands behind the ball. Your left wrist will be bent. As someone who forward presses you're used to reducing the amount of left wrist bend in order to trigger the stroke, so this will be an adjustment for you. Or, you can use the RST to set up, and keep your forward press. You'll still have the benefit of a consistent setup and a clubface which wants to be square at impact.

If you feel that you have to lean the clubshaft back to hide the red dot, then you're used to playing the ball more forward in your stance or having less bend in your left wrist at address, or your head is forward of the middle of your stance, or a combination of these issues. You should practice your setup in a mirror, if you have one.

It's okay if the red dot appears in the stroke. For a longer stroke it will appear, unless you rotate/swivel your head so that your nose is in-line with the clubshaft from your perspective. Even though you might be able to see the red dot, the clubface will still likely be square to the arc of the clubhead, unless you manipulate your hands. If you keep your head still and follow the clubhead with your eyes, then you will see the red dot unless you manipulate your hands by closing the clubface to the arc in the backstroke, and opening it during the downstroke. This is the kind of hand manipulation you need to use to keep the clubface square to the plane line/target line; i.e. to perform a true straight back, straight through stroke. But I wouldn't do it. Hand manipulation is just one more thing that could go wrong with the stroke.

Thanks for the help. I am going to go grab it and check in a mirror. I have watched the Seemore RST video and was still struggling a bit. I will check my setup in a mirror. Thanks.
    TM M6 10.5 GD AD DI Black 6
    TM M2 15* Speeder 757 Evo TS
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    TM M3 4 Iron Atmos
    TM P790 5-AW Modus 105
    TM MG 54*
    TM HI TOE 60*
    TM MY Spider Tour Black
  • tanker44tanker44 Mid-AtlanticMembers Posts: 246 ✭✭
    edited Aug 15, 2016 #147
    I once carried a Seemore FGP original but eventually renamed it the 'Missmore'. I am left eye dominant and like the center shafted look but don't like the red dot alignment thing. I ended up following the putter back with my eyes rather than focusing on the ball, my balance and the actual stroke.
    TM M3 - Oban Kiyoshi LTD
    Epic Flash SZ 13.5* 
    Epic Flash 18*
    Callaway Apex 2019 3/PW
    Callaway MD4 Raw 56/60
    TM Spider X 
  • db2db2 Members Posts: 228
    Following the clubhead with your eyes while trying to keep the red dot hidden is asking for trouble--as you learned.

The RST process/"Hiding The Red Dot" is about having a consistent, repeatable setup, more so than perfecting the relationship between clubface motion and clubhead path. You can use it for that while practicing, but you have to make sure that your head swivels so that your staring straight down the shaft.

The clubhead path and the clubface's position relative to that path are a function of the (centered) shaft position in the head, as well as the distribution of mass within the head. It is these properties--not the RST process--that produces a balanced face at impact.

Bottomline: use the RST to setup and then let the club do the rest of the work.
  • SeeMore PuttersSeeMore Putters Sponsors Posts: 612 ✭✭
    db2 wrote:

Following the clubhead with your eyes while trying to keep the red dot hidden is asking for trouble--as you learned.

The RST process/"Hiding The Red Dot" is about having a consistent, repeatable setup, more so than perfecting the relationship between clubface motion and clubhead path. You can use it for that while practicing, but you have to make sure that your head swivels so that your staring straight down the shaft.

The clubhead path and the clubface's position relative to that path are a function of the (centered) shaft position in the head, as well as the distribution of mass within the head. It is these properties--not the RST process--that produces a balanced face at impact.

Bottomline: use the RST to setup and then let the club do the rest of the work.

Thanks DB2. Think about the RST like you do when driving a car on the interstate/highway. You focus staying in your lane and in between the white lines but you do not "watch" the white lines while driving. You just know they are there. Like DB2 said use the RST for setup and then just make the putt. Concentrate on a nice solid stroke. Always happy to help. Thanks again.
    tanker44 wrote:

I once carried a Seemore FGP original but eventually renamed it the 'Missmore'. I am left eye dominant and like the center shafted look but don't like the red dot alignment thing. I ended up following the putter back with my eyes rather than focusing on the ball, my balance and the actual stroke.

You are blaming yourself here right? Not the putter. Do you follow your driver head back as you swing?
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • MobMob Just Another Lefty Members Posts: 3,458 ✭✭
    UnderPar18 wrote:

I really wish Seemore would offer the Z1C in left handed. Only thing preventing me in owning one is the fact the z2c and z3c in lefty are just plain funky.

As a fellow lefty, I felt the same way. I bought the Z3c and have been very happy with it. The "funky" look has grown on me by the way. I wouldn't let this stop you. As a lefty you know that you can't hold your breath hoping for a company to make a lefty club because you want it; it never works out.